Author Topic: EP8 (4/12):"Rooting Around in People's Mouths Could Be Unpleasant (Thailand)"  (Read 103094 times)

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
Fixed - thanks folks! Looks like teams are running wild in the palace. And why are Jaime/Cara running back towards the exit?

It is possible in the mad dash to beat someone else to the mat, that J/C left ALL their stuff in the "cab".  They may be one of the teams that make it to the mat without their passpost, but with the happy result that they can run back to the cab, get their stuff, and check-in properly.

Just speculatiing,
Susan

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!

A memento can be almost anything: a picture, a dress (such as a wedding gown), ceramic figurine, dried flowers / petals (from a bouquet), a collectible, a trinket,  a "tacky" souvenir.  Anything!  Anything that you have been given or purchased that you keep to help you remember something happy.  Basically, if you keep it to look at, even justly occasionally, and it makes you smile a tiny bit when you see it, it is a memento.

Susan

Could mementos be actually mementos of the race?
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member

A memento can be almost anything: a picture, a dress (such as a wedding gown), ceramic figurine, dried flowers / petals (from a bouquet), a collectible, a trinket,  a "tacky" souvenir.  Anything!  Anything that you have been given or purchased that you keep to help you remember something happy.  Basically, if you keep it to look at, even justly occasionally, and it makes you smile a tiny bit when you see it, it is a memento.

Susan

Could mementos be actually mementos of the race?

Yes.  I wouldn't consider the clues and other paperwork that you have to keep to fulfill the amazing race requirements as mementos.  But it seems to me that you might bring along a "good luck charm" of some kind or a picture of a loved one or they may have done some "shopping" during the rest stops to help them remember their trip.

Susan

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I'm not 100% sure if Cara and Jaime are in the spot I've labelled them - nobody takes photos of the gate! The lawn, the parked cars and the lamppost in the picture line up with what I have though.

Looks like they're turning right (west) instead of running straight back out the entrance/exit, which means they've spotted Phil? They run into the complex going straight, spot the mat (and the cameraman for this shot) next to the statue of King Mongkut, turn 180° and run around the lawn to where he is.

Tammy and Victor could have completely missed it as they ran in, ending up where they are.

Real close fight between Tammy/Victor and Jaime/Cara - running in from two different directions!

No clue on the mementos! :duno:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:08:42 PM by Neobie »

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
Maybe mementos is Kisha's shoes? Maybe they were important somehow?
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse

Kisha's amazing sports shoes!
 :funny:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!

Kisha's amazing sports shoes!
 :funny:

I wouldn't be surprised! Seeing how Dandrew suffered a leg after exchanging almost all of their leg money in exchange of shoes last season,  :funny: but at least shoes in Bangkok and China are far cheaper than those in Europe or Kazakhstan!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think Dandrew still have their shoes! :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
I'm not going to go crazy over a program description. puddin is correct. CBS is not going to spoil an episode whether it's NEL or not. Take it with a grain of salt.

I agree with TARAsia Fan.  It's possible that the guide is correct, but I'm going to wait and see on it.  It might just be a non-elimination leg and Mark & Michael or LaKisha & Jen get in last place.

Belle Book

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
we'll just have to wait and see how this leg ends :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
Maybe I've missed it, but have we addressed the issue that in the picture of Jaime/Cara running, neither one of them has a backpack?  I know someone mentioned that they may be running back to their cab to get them, but it is possible that they are one of the ones to go to the mat without theirs?  I know they are still in the race, but that could screw up their placement.
Also the searching for momentos, could this possibly have anything to do with the roadblock that goes up in smoke?  Maybe they have to search for specific items (momentos) to burn as an offering?
Just throwing somethings out there.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
Maybe I've missed it, but have we addressed the issue that in the picture of Jaime/Cara running, neither one of them has a backpack?  I know someone mentioned that they may be running back to their cab to get them, but it is possible that they are one of the ones to go to the mat without theirs?  I know they are still in the race, but that could screw up their placement.
Also the searching for momentos, could this possibly have anything to do with the roadblock that goes up in smoke?  Maybe they have to search for specific items (momentos) to burn as an offering?
Just throwing somethings out there.

Well, they did have to burn paper cars in season 2.  That could be it.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Nickasingh used to have a photo of the gate with the flag that Neobie swiped (:funny:) but now the image link is down, as well as the link of the topic where it was originally posted (at http://www.pantip.com/cafe/chalermthai/topic/A7351777/A7351777.html).

Should've saved it, huh?  :groan:
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Fixed - thanks folks! Looks like teams are running wild in the palace. And why are Jaime/Cara running back towards the exit?

It is possible in the mad dash to beat someone else to the mat, that J/C left ALL their stuff in the "cab".  They may be one of the teams that make it to the mat without their passpost, but with the happy result that they can run back to the cab, get their stuff, and check-in properly.

Just speculatiing,
Susan
Hopefully without their placement getting screwed up.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!

Just speculatiing,
Susan
Hopefully without their placement getting screwed up.

I agree!

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Nickasingh used to have a photo of the gate with the flag that Neobie swiped (:funny:) but now the image link is down, as well as the link of the topic where it was originally posted (at http://www.pantip.com/cafe/chalermthai/topic/A7351777/A7351777.html).

Should've saved it, huh?  :groan:
posted on page 1 thanks to Neobie  :waves:

thumbnail click click
<<Nickasingh's photo and credits to him
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 05:47:17 PM by puddin »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Good Day!

I was thinking, if this leg do in a tragedy (one team loses their things including their passports), and the production originally planned for SBs in Legs 9 and 11, then one SB would be moved to leg 10, (like what happened to the all-stars) and the production cannot create another SB in Beijing, then is it possible that they apply the 30-minute penalty for becoming last? Just Asking.....

Thanks!
<uycocoa>

Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Hey Everyone!

Do you remember on past legs that one of the F5 teams have a memento? I do think of Christie/Jodi with Jodi having the bracelet of her daughter, but they're obviously out of the game. I can't think of anything they treasure. Would TAR editors just reveal in this leg the memento of a team? I'm now confused..  :groan:

Confusingly yours,
<uycocoa>
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The fanny pack on your body is not a requirement at the mat, I don't think.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 10:16:11 PM by Neobie »

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
That's different, though.  The teams got to the Salzburg Pit Stop in cars they drove themselves.  So I think it was okay to leave their passports in there.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They took taxis the next two legs...

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Teams are generally told--in person or by the instruction sheet that comes with the task card--about keeping their taxis, luggage, etc (an example: about 6:12 into this video, as the teams enter Poring Hot Springs, you can hear an off-camera voice say "bag drop right here!").
If only one teams errs, you could write it off as a simple mistake; if several teams stray, then they weren't careful about reading the instructions or perhaps route planning was a bit sloppy.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!

I'm starting to think that this leg might be another elimination, leaving us with 2 back to back NEL's again, or Leg 10 elim, Penultimate - NEL, Speedbump on the final leg???

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I'm starting to think that this leg might be another elimination, leaving us with 2 back to back NEL's again, or Leg 10 elim, Penultimate - NEL, Speedbump on the final leg???
Or this is a TBC with a mislabeled Pit Stop
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Anybody think this could be a pouch?? That's Cara, and we know she was carrying the pouch in the taxi...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.