Author Topic: EP8 (4/12):"Rooting Around in People's Mouths Could Be Unpleasant (Thailand)"  (Read 103096 times)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Actually, Peach, I think that wooden pathway is to the roadblock. There is that one statement from CBS, "One (team or racer's) roadblock goes up in smoke". For some reason, that means on land to me. It might also be path to the denture detour.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 12:09:48 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
This probably means nothing but just something I noticed......

When did Tammy have time to fix her hair so nicely?  In the karaoke cab, her hair is down.  On the boat her hair is up and looks like she had time to sit around and fix it nicely.   Perhaps Victor does the Roadblock which leaves her enough time to sit around and fix her hair?

Tammy on the boat - nicely styled hair

Tammy in karaoke cab - hair down

Tammy - race to the mat?  her styled hair is falling apart.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Women can do a lot of things on the run. I've learned this. Never question their superpowers. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Oh.  This isn't pretty.  From Zap2it.com and TVGuide.com:

Several racers find themselves shoeless and without passports after leaving their backpacks at a roadblock; teams compete in a karaoke-themed detour; one team is eliminated.
Looks like the Guilin leg and the first Beijing leg will be back-to-back NELs.

And since Mark & Michael were spotted in Guilin . . . bye-bye, Kisha & Jen. :'(
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member

Several racers find themselves shoeless and without passports after leaving their backpacks at a roadblock; teams compete in a karaoke-themed detour; one team is eliminated.

Is it possible that they are traveling as decoys?

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers

Is it possible that they are traveling as decoys?
Doubtful.  Mark & Michael were hours behind everyone in Guilin.  Decoys typically travel ahead of the teams.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

fwiw zapit/AOL/Yahoo always have the same one team is eliminated and from the past we know this is not true its just a general statement/whatever. No need to get your panties in a wad.

:res:

Don't Let a Cheese Hit Me
Original Airdate: 2009-02-15
Synopsis:

Eleven teams leave California and head to Switzerland, where they face the second-tallest bungee jump in the world as well as a very cheesy challenge.

Your Target Is Your Partner's Face
Original Airdate: 2009-02-22
Synopsis:

An injured racer is forced to make a game-changing decision when Mother Nature intervenes; hopes of a mountain rescue preoccupy another racer; one team is eliminated.

I'm Not Wearing That Girl's Leotard!
Original Airdate: 2009-03-01
Synopsis:

Teams roam the Transylvanian countryside in search of buried coffins; one of the race's frontrunners winds up at the back of the bunch after an unexpected plane landing; one team is eliminated.

It Was Like a Caravan of Idiots
Original Airdate: 2009-03-08
Synopsis:

Teams travel to Siberia, where a first-place team finds out how it feels to be in last place; one team scrambles for survival when a new twist is revealed; one team is eliminated.

She's a Little Scared of Stick, but I Think She'll Be OK!
Original Airdate: 2009-03-15
Synopsis:

Racers must compete in a Russian marathon wearing just their underwear; one team's future lies with a tricky stick shift as members navigate the icy streets of Siberia; one team is eliminated. NEL Jodi & Christie

Alright Guys, We're at War!
Original Airdate: 2009-03-22
Synopsis:

The racers face a roadblock made of camel feed and a speed bump the size of an elephant; an impatient taxi driver complicates a detour. Elim Jodi and Christie

Gorilla? Gorilla? Gorilla?
Original Airdate: 2009-03-29
Synopsis:

A shopkeeper hinders the movements of one racing team; another team learns the hard way that a quick pace does not always lead to victory when mistakes result in penalties. Elim Mel & Mike
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 05:29:36 PM by puddin »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'm not going to go crazy over a program description. puddin is correct. CBS is not going to spoil an episode whether it's NEL or not. Take it with a grain of salt.
Just here to visit.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Looks like Tammy has a swimsuit top on under her T-shirt. That and her hair up makes me think she was the one in the water doing the mysterious roadblock.
Matthew 7:15

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Your Target Is Your Partner's Face
Original Airdate: 2009-02-22
Synopsis:

An injured racer is forced to make a game-changing decision when Mother Nature intervenes; hopes of a mountain rescue preoccupy another racer; one team is eliminated.

General statements indeed! I had to stop and think about this one, I had visions of helicopter rescues before I remembered it was Mel and Linda.  :lol:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
For a moment you had me panicking! Two non-elims with only four teams is just too long.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
For a moment you had me panicking! Two non-elims with only four teams is just too long.
It happened before, though, in All-Stars.  And in TAR3 and TAR5, two NELs in a row happened when it was down to the F5.
Jamison

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Since we've seen everyone else in the Karaoke taxi but Marge/Luke, and we've only seen them with the teeth, could those be the 2 choices for the detour? 

Did Margie and Luke really have a choice in this Detour?  Hopefully Margie could have completed the karaoke taxi without Luke having to sing.

Oh well, it looks like Margie & Luke rock the teeth fitting.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Detour Names

Into the Mouth or Out of the Mouth

Teams must decide whether or not to  or sing karaoke in a Thai taxi. 

In Into the Mouth, Teams must fit Thai seniors with the proper pair of dentures. While rooting around in people's mouths could be unpleasant, the task could be fast if teams find the right teeth quickly.

In Out of the Mouth, Teams must travel through the Thai streets in a taxi while signing karaoke. The task is not difficult, but the long taxi ride could put Teams behind.

Gator 27

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!

I remember the disaster caused by U/J's flight choice causing a back to back NEL in Hong Kong and Macau in All Stars...   
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'm confused. The Cara/Jaime shot corresponds to Phayathai Palace (although that's not the flagged gate), but where Tammy and Victor are doesn't ring any bells for me. I've looked up photos of Phayathai and the next-door nursing college, but nothing matches the two-storey open-corridor building...

Could they be at the Ladyboy Mansion instead?

Oh, pure hunch - but Margie and Luke look like they're taking a shortcut by the side of a drain. And I don't think you get that much vegetation except on the Thonburi side of the river. (Awaiting confirmation from our resident Thai correspondents!)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 03:46:46 AM by Neobie »

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Tammy & Victor are at the front of the palace, probably heading around to the same place as Jaime & Cara were.  At least that's what I'm getting.
Jamison

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The vidcaps don't match the photos or what I remember of the palace though. I don't recall Phayathai having open corridors that look like that.

There is one spot at the rear of the building, where there is a stand-alone shrine to Buddha. It could be where Tammy is, but it doesn't explain where Victor is, nor does it explain why Tammy is at the northern end of the complex, which is bounded by a drain.

:-X
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 03:48:41 AM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I agree the structure screams Phayathai palace. How about this Neobie? this album.

adding another
http://mee001fat.multiply.com/photos/album/43/Phayathai_Place_Meeting#11

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Aah alright. The second photo (Tammy's Thai cousin?) shows the arched vault I was looking for.

It must be an annex to the main building. Does that help us figure out where the mat was?

Edited to add: Confirmed!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 03:09:56 AM by Neobie »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
HELLO EVERYONE!

Hi! I'm new in here (but actually, i am reading this post since all-stars). Anyways, i would like to comment about the possibility of a double back-to-back NELs. If am the producer or planner or whatever you call them, i would not want 2 NELs in 1 same country. But if a team loses their passports just like what the spoilers would say,  it would happen. But how it will happen is i don't know, adjusting a speed bump which is actually create a brand new task in an instant. Not to mention changing the clues the refer. Hope I do make sense.

Thanks!
 <uycocoa>
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Do anyone here knows what a 'memento' is?

I searched it, and i think it means "a remembrance from the past that is kept". Do you think its the shoes of Kisha that are the 'mementos'? If not, then I think M/M and K/J would lose the race looking back for their 'mementos'. But who knows? Everyone could be under the spotlight. I hope I do make sense Again.  :lol:

Thanks!
<uycocoa>
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
HELLO EVERYONE!

Hi! I'm new in here (but actually, i am reading this post since all-stars). Anyways, i would like to comment about the possibility of a double back-to-back NELs. If am the producer or planner or whatever you call them, i would not want 2 NELs in 1 same country. But if a team loses their passports just like what the spoilers would say,  it would happen. But how it will happen is i don't know, adjusting a speed bump which is actually create a brand new task in an instant. Not to mention changing the clues the refer. Hope I do make sense.

Thanks!
 <uycocoa>

HI uycocoa! Accdg to BVM, NELS are preplanned, however in certain situations like these, such as losing passports, delayed teams, NELS are sometimes turned into ELS, but wouldn't the speedbump be so much nullified on the first leg? The NEL penalty should be toast then. If this could be indeed an elimination, BVM and TPTB could have reduced the other Beijing leg, bringing this season to another of the microseasons they were doing...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Fixed - thanks folks! Looks like teams are running wild in the palace. And why are Jaime/Cara running back towards the exit?

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
Do anyone here knows what a 'memento' is?

I searched it, and i think it means "a remembrance from the past that is kept". Do you think its the shoes of Kisha that are the 'mementos'? If not, then I think M/M and K/J would lose the race looking back for their 'mementos'. But who knows? Everyone could be under the spotlight. I hope I do make sense Again.  :lol:

Thanks!
<uycocoa>

A memento can be almost anything: a picture, a dress (such as a wedding gown), ceramic figurine, dried flowers / petals (from a bouquet), a collectible, a trinket,  a "tacky" souvenir.  Anything!  Anything that you have been given or purchased that you keep to help you remember something happy.  Basically, if you keep it to look at, even justly occasionally, and it makes you smile a tiny bit when you see it, it is a memento.

Susan