Author Topic: EP8 (4/12):"Rooting Around in People's Mouths Could Be Unpleasant (Thailand)"  (Read 103090 times)

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Actually I've been here since TAR13, but I'm not good at English. :(
Don't tell Jaime that. :lol:
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

One racer's Roadblock goes up in smoke -- not sure who that is.

Lesson not learned from Toni & Dallas last season -- clearly Mark & Michael

A racer wanders through Bangkok - barefoot -- not sure who that is.

One racer goes hours out of the way to retrive "mementos" -- maybe Mark or Michael, if it refers to their passports.

Belle Book

I just don't feel that its the brothers that do not show up with their passports ...we see them with their racer pack and Mark is not concerned about retrieving their clothing, rather moving on without their clothes.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Lesson not learned from Toni and Dallas last season - one team goes to the mat without their passports.

How could it have been 'learned' when it had not even aired yet?    (:;)
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
Lesson not learned from Toni and Dallas last season - one team goes to the mat without their passports.

It is in the CBS upcoming description.  So somebody must lose them.

Although, I know these people are in a hurry, I still can't understand HOW you would lose something as vital as a passport.  Dallas lost his out of shear in attention and failure to make sure that he had everything (the race bag) after the crew, I think, changed his mike batteries. Probably not completely his fault, but STILL!

The 2 times that I have traveled with a required passport, I was practically paranoid about knowing where it was at all times.  In both sets of travels, I was on the go and rarely in the area for more than a few days.  Of course, I am female and was carrying a fairly small backpack style purse with the I-can't-lose-them items firmly zippered up in an inner pocket.  I did lose my reading glasses during the first trip, but hey, readers are ok for a couple of weeks!

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!

Wait, have the TAR14 teams watched TAR13 before they film and race?
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It was airing at the same time they were competing so they may not have seen it.
Just here to visit.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
It was airing at the same time they were competing so they may not have seen it.

It's okay, that was pretty much the only important thing in that race!
I personally find it to be my worst favorite season.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
There is a person on Koh Samui who has offered an interpretation of what "So Bang Po" means:

The word Bang Po is most certainly a geographic location, a “village” ... in Thailand.

The actual word in Thai which is pronounced “sor” or “so” means “bamboo stump or clump” or “violin”.

Pronounce it slightly differently and it means “neck” or “professor” or “ Celsius” or “causal diarrhea”.

So, we could have "casual diarrhea" of the mouth. That fits karoake pretty well, whether it's done in the Bang Po sector of Bangkok or not.

DavidJunior

i think the whole team showing up without their passports thing is not really as big as they're trying to make it

i think a team just forgets to bring their fanny packs with them on the final run to the mat (like they do with the backpacks sometimes)

if you notice, teams ALWAYS have their fanny packs all the way to the mat.
 a. because they have all of their clues in it (required at mat)
 b. because they have their PASSPORTS in it (also required)

i do think it's kisha/jen who do this tho

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
i think the whole team showing up without their passports thing is not really as big as they're trying to make it

i think a team just forgets to bring their fanny packs with them on the final run to the mat (like they do with the backpacks sometimes)

if you notice, teams ALWAYS have their fanny packs all the way to the mat.
 a. because they have all of their clues in it (required at mat)
 b. because they have their PASSPORTS in it (also required)

i do think it's kisha/jen who do this tho

Me too! I don't know why, but that's the feeling I get.

I also think that Mark & Michael are the team who goes after mementoes. That sounds like what Mark might have been getting mad at Michael about.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Wonder if Mark wants to abandon his pack where ever they left it, but Michael wants his "mementoes"? Family photo? Something?

That might be enough to lead to a "Mat Meltdown" as well, esp if it puts them behind...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Wonder if Mark wants to abandon his pack where ever they left it, but Michael wants his "mementoes"? Family photo? Something?

That might be enough to lead to a "Mat Meltdown" as well, esp if it puts them behind...
that reminds me of:
J: drop them!
V: no! they're gonna take it!
J: drop the bags!
V. JOOOHHNNN!!!

If that's not the prime example of a mat meltdown, I don't know what is
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

that reminds me of:
J: drop them!
V: no! they're gonna take it!
J: drop the bags!
V. JOOOHHNNN!!!

If that's not the prime example of a mat meltdown, I don't know what is

That was a classic moment!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Very painful to watch as well. I didn't like Jonathan before then and seeing him push Victoria at the mat made me hate him even more.
Just here to visit.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
That reminds me -- the first time I ever saw Jonathan in action, I pointed a finger at my head as if I wanted to shoot myself.  My dislike of him grew with every episode, and after he shoved Victoria I really wanted to see him gone!  I was so happy when they were finally Philiminated!   :jumpy:

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
lets get back on topic please ...........

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We need an episode this week. Damn those country music yahoos! :P
Just here to visit.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
CBS leaked a shot of Jaime and Cara in the "Jaime is a witch with a B" video! Not a huge spoiler, but:

This is Th Mangkon in Chinatown.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Nice catch Neobie!

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
Yeah, finally something new...I"m going crazy waiting for the new ads and such!

:wohoo:                :jumpy:                    :wohoo:

I know...overkill, but I'm TAR deprived this week!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
At last! Thank you Neobie! At least we have something new up with TAR... If no TAR goes on during midseason until the end of the week, I'd have a mat meltdown myself!  :lol: :groan:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Wake up CBS!

press release:

SEVERAL RACERS FOOLISHLY LEAVE THEIR BACKPACKS BEHIND AT A ROADBLOCK, COSTING THEM CRITICAL TIME, AND TEAMS MUST KARAOKE THEIR WAY THROUGH A THAI POP-THEMED DETOUR, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," APRIL 12
"Rooting Around In People's Mouths Could Be Unpleasant" (Thailand) -
Several Racers leave their backpacks behind at a Roadblock and find themselves shoeless with no passports, and Teams let loose in a Karaoke-themed Detour, on THE AMAZING RACE 14, Sunday, April 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is host.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
shoeless with no passports

I can see leaving your shoes or something outside a Temple maybe, but the leaving your passports has me stumped. What kind of a task would part you from your passport?

Swimming?? Underwater diving? You couldn't have your passport there then...

And we still have the dentist thing too, right?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
My guess it's a water-based task where you're required to get into some kind of swim wear, and at least two of the teams get out but in their hurry forget their backpacks!  I hope Cara & Jamie aren't one of the teams!

Belle Book

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
My guess it's a water-based task where you're required to get into some kind of swim wear, and at least two of the teams get out but in their hurry forget their backpacks!  I hope Cara & Jamie aren't one of the teams!
I konw Mark & Michael are one of the teams who leave their backpacks behind.  I think Kisha & Jen might be the other.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!