Author Topic: EP8 (4/12):"Rooting Around in People's Mouths Could Be Unpleasant (Thailand)"  (Read 103106 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Based on the promo (yes, I know that's dangerous), I have a feeling Margie & Luke and Tammy & Victor are racing for 1st place.

Kisha & Jen and as we already know, Mark & Michael lose their passports and have to go back. From this, I say the brothers go out. Kisha & Jen either stay in due to a footrace, or the brothers never find their passports.

It should be a non-elim, so Mark & Michael will stick around but be in trouble next leg.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
Since we've seen everyone else in the Karaoke taxi but Marge/Luke, and we've only seen them with the teeth, could those be the 2 choices for the detour?  And the title line, sounds like Victor, and they choose singing over unpleasant?

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Based on the promo (yes, I know that's dangerous), I have a feeling Margie & Luke and Tammy & Victor are racing for 1st place.
I don't know.  Jaime & Cara seem to really be booking it in that preview.  I wonder if Tammy & Victor are racing against them for first?

Either way, I hope Tammy & Victor don't practically run the table all the way to the end.  Because this season will go from being great to me to just as boring as TAR13 became.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
I think Cara & Jamie are racing Tammy & Victor for first, but for once Cara & Jamie come out ahead (I hope).  Mark & Michael come in last but are spared by a non-elimination leg.

Belle Book

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
Kisha is not wearing shoes when she was running, right? Hm...

Detour has to be the teeth and the karaoke. Just noticed both Detours are related to mouth. Teeth and singing.

As for the title, I agree with the person that said that Victor said it. I also have a hunch it could be Phil.

"Rooting around in people's mouths could be unpleasant, but teams with the..." or something like that. lol

And yay for Margie & Luke still in it!!

Time to think outside the box for the finish. Close finishes happen already, it has to be something more unique.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Max

• RFF Not So Newbie
Here's what I noticed:  Mark & Michael have their fanny pack, but not their back packs.  K & J do not have either.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
I'm just wondering, what does teeth play in the culture of Thailand? The karaoke taxi and the ladyboys seem to be fitting in, but the teeth? How?

Anyway, this leg is predictable. The promos said it all, Kisha goes barefoot, Kisha and Jen and Mark and Michael goes to the same trouble all over and all over the whole season again, T/V M/L and C/J running for first...

And by the next episode, if spoilers are true, Mark/Michael are toast.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 07:17:44 PM by Mooyou »
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Max

• RFF Not So Newbie
I'm just wondering, what does teeth play in the culture of Thailand? The karaoke taxi and the ladyboys seem to be fitting in, but the teeth? How?

Anyway, this leg is predictable. The promos said it all, Kisha goes barefoot, Kisha and Jen and Mark and Michael goes to the same trouble all over and all over the whole season again, T/V M/L and C/J running for first...

And by the next episode, if spoilers are true, the midgets are toast.

As mentioned before, perhaps the term "midgets" is inappropriate.  Regardless I do not recall any spoilers that indicate they are "toast".  Merely speculation.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :funny:  well, this (unnamed) temple really does exist... somewhere along a klong...   :yess:

found it in this album

DavidJunior

As mentioned before, perhaps the term "midgets" is inappropriate.  Regardless I do not recall any spoilers that indicate they are "toast".  Merely speculation.

i think its the fact that they were seen in guangzhou with only a mere 4 hours before production closed at the pit stop in guilin

that would mean they would have to fly into the city, then perform the detour, roadblock, u-turn and any other additional tasks within those 4 hours

to me it seems like they'd have a difficult time completing all of that within that time period, let alone getting through all of that sooner, and passing up a team

they seem pretty toast to me...

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!

I'm sorry about the term mentioned above, I have edited them already, however with the term toast, I stated an IF SPOILERS ARE TRUE. Spoilers mean that Mark/Michael were seen at the Guilin airport around late evening(can't seem to recall what time), and there are flights indeed that we can decipher (look at the China thread on the Spoilers/Speculation), many are saying that they are probably 3 hours behind everybody else.

Offline Max

• RFF Not So Newbie

i think its the fact that they were seen in guangzhou with only a mere 4 hours before production closed at the pit stop in guilin

that would mean they would have to fly into the city, then perform the detour, roadblock, u-turn and any other additional tasks within those 4 hours

to me it seems like they'd have a difficult time completing all of that within that time period, let alone getting through all of that sooner, and passing up a team

they seem pretty toast to me...

True.  I guess we will have to wait and see if the passport issue is a major factor. All of the references to lost belongings might indeed be a red herring.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
I think Tammy/Cara/Jaime said the title... Just an observation, from episode 1, all episode titles were said by men. (with the exception of the 2nd episode, which was said by the banner/instruction)

I think its time for one of the women team to speak up and give the title!  :hearts:

Offline misterblah

• RFF Jr. Member
i'm predicting it's either mark & michael or kisha & jen that get eliminated. Both had too much luck avoiding last place in previous legs so it's very likey on of those teams go out. It's time for some other team to be first which I think Cara and Jaime will but then I think they won't.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Although i'm going to say TAR loves Thailand and just refuses to visit Singapore, i must have to say that Thailand is so rich in culture that it must not be missed. Those ladies boys in Thailand, some of them are really prettier than girls in real life. Shocking isn't it? :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
i'm predicting it's either mark & michael or kisha & jen that get eliminated. Both had too much luck avoiding last place in previous legs so it's very likey on of those teams go out. It's time for some other team to be first which I think Cara and Jaime will but then I think they won't.

:welcome: to RFF misterblah! Glad to have you here!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Well, as far as I know.......

Kisha/Jen are not spotted anywhere past these vidcaps, right? Another possible scenario is that both M/M and K/J have to retrieve backpacks and K/J needs their passports too. They are the only team so far that we don't see their fanny pack. So maybe M/M go back to get backpacks, cuz Mark sure is arguing with Michael. Kisha/jen could decide to finish the leg without them.....no back pack or fanny pack. They could arrive at the mat in 4th place, but are told they have to go get their backpacks and fanny pack. So they have to turn around there, while M/M might have retrieved backpacks and are heading to Mat. M/M end up next to last and K/J end up 5th on the NEL. It could take them so long, they cant even get on the flight with M/M to China. M/M might actually be ahead of Kisha/Jen at that airport in Guangzhou. Or the worst case scenario, K/J are still in Bangkok trying to get replacement passports while all the other teams head to China. K/J really look upset in those pics in the boat.

I am NOT saying this is the case.......just an idea for people to think about.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Max

• RFF Not So Newbie
Well, as far as I know.......

Kisha/Jen are not spotted anywhere past these vidcaps, right? Another possible scenario is that both M/M and K/J have to retrieve backpacks and K/J needs their passports too. They are the only team so far that we don't see their fanny pack. So maybe M/M go back to get backpacks, cuz Mark sure is arguing with Michael. Kisha/jen could decide to finish the leg without them.....no back pack or fanny pack. They could arrive at the mat in 4th place, but are told they have to go get their backpacks and fanny pack. So they have to turn around there, while M/M might have retrieved backpacks and are heading to Mat. M/M end up next to last and K/J end up 5th on the NEL. It could take them so long, they cant even get on the flight with M/M to China. M/M might actually be ahead of Kisha/Jen at that airport in Guangzhou. Or the worst case scenario, K/J are still in Bangkok trying to get replacement passports while all the other teams head to China. K/J really look upset in those pics in the boat.

I am NOT saying this is the case.......just an idea for people to think about.

I'm just not sure what to think!  TAR 13 was sooooooo predictable and  TAR 14 is soooooo NOT!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :lol:  yet another view of the temple on the klong shown in the preview   :snicker:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Nice match, Boingo!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Good one, Boingo!

Panoramio put this in the Thonburi canals. (It's not an exact location though.) Doesn't look like a wat - wats don't have logos of bathing women on their gate! Spa or resort maybe? Boingo, could you look at a bigger version of your second picture and read the sign?

I'm guessing the Roadblock starts in Thonburi, and teams assume they end there as well, thus leaving their bags (or taxis) at the west side of the Chao Phraya. The boat, however, takes them to Central/Sathorn Pier on the east bank, and that's when racers realize they're screwed.

It's a long taxi ride in Bangkok traffic...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 11:27:28 PM by Neobie »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Good one, Boingo!

Panoramio put this in the Thonburi canals. (It's not an exact location though.) Doesn't look like a wat - wats don't have logos of bathing women on their gate! Spa or resort maybe? Boingo, could you see a bigger version of your second picture and read the sign?

I'm guessing the Roadblock starts in Thonburi, and teams assume they end there as well, thus leaving their bags (or taxis) at the west side of the Chao Phraya. The boat, however, takes them to Central/Sathorn Pier on the east bank, and that's when racers realize they're screwed.

;D  Sorry, the pix of the temple is actual size....

...but did notice there is a high rise apartment buiding behind the temple in the preview....   :umn:

Here's some "klong boat" links for everything you ever wanted to know about the subject   :sucks

Bangkok klong boats link 1
Bangkok klong boats link 2
Bangkok klong boats link 3

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City

What if K/J decided to take their boat or a water taxi back and M/M take a land taxi, what would you expect to happen then?
Matthew 7:15

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 ;D Here's a thought, what if the racers are taking their long-tail boats to a floating market task on one of the klongs.

Who said the Thai's don't have a sense of humor.  Here's a pix of a classic Space Invader on one of the klongs.   :snicker:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Where could that little pathway be, the one we see Luke and Margie on?
RFF's Golden Rule: