Author Topic: Episode 9: East Coast live show updates and commentary  (Read 40827 times)

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
Re: Episode 9: East Coast live show updates and commentary
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2009, 11:04:28 PM »
I really loved Tammy & Victor tonight.  Very upbeat tonight!  I enjoyed hearing them talk in Mandarin/Chinese (?)  I really hope the spoiler on them is wrong...don't want them to leave next.    :'( 

Did I miss the departure/arrival time on Michael/Mark, or did they not show it?  I'm curious if the spoiler was factual or not.
What spoiler has Tammy & Victor leaving next? I know of no such spoiler just speculation amongst you all. A spoiler isn't a spoiler until it happens so please don't write that the spoilers are this or that ,, its your speculation  :angel:

Sorry, you're right, I missworded that, I meant to say speculations.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2009, 11:22:42 PM »
Another fine episode.  Yeah, the elimination was anticlimactic once it was definitely ensured that Mark & Michael would be going home, but guess what, people?  I wouldn't have had it any other way.  Boy, it'll be fun going back and watching my tape to see the two-week fall of Mark & Michael!

Anyway, the tasks.  I easily could've done the Roadblock, and I wouldn't have even tried Calligraphy at the Detour.  I'd have gone for Choreography just like Jaime & Cara did.  While it's usually smart to cut loose the Detours you can't do and go for the sure thing, they were smart to stick to their guns here.

Kisha & Jen: Great leg run by them, taxi troubles notwithstanding.  I wish they'd won the leg on their own, though, rather than piggybacking off Tammy & Victor's Chinese (good strategy, but not totally impressive).  That said, while I understood their anger at Margie & Luke, laughing at someone having a meltdown is way too passive-aggressive and is in very poor taste in ANY case.

Tammy & Victor: For a team who thought they'd have the advantage in terms of knowing the language and being Chinese, they sure did a poor job at actually winning the leg.  Good effort using their language skills, but poor at the Roadblock and not that good with the Detour, either.  Aside from all that, they really did just seem to be kind of . . . there this week.  Again.

Margie & Luke: Good leg this week, once again, and it was great to see them break free of their first place/fourth place rut.  That said . . . seriously, Luke?  Body-checking a woman?  Not cool, man.  And Margie, I see the point you were trying to make at the mat, but you said it in the completely wrong way.  I still like them, but their behavior (and Kisha & Jen's) disappointed me.

Jaime & Cara: The girls did a pretty decent job this week, your low finish notwithstanding.  And I do love that Jaime is actually trying to make an effort now in dealing with the locals more calmly and maturely.  If she keeps this up, they may start doing a whole lot better.

Mark & Michael: They were way too far behind from the get-go.  They were done like dinner from the beginning of the leg, and I think they knew it.  So I felt no pity or sadness from their elimination.  They seemed to do everything well enough on their final leg, though, and at least there was no cheating this time.  Still, they were easily the weakest team left, and it was time for them to go.

Okay.  With the F4 decided . . .

LOVE: Kisha/Jen, Tammy, Margie/Luke, Jaime/Cara
LIKE: No one
NEUTRAL: Victor
DISLIKE: No one
HATE: No one

Good episode.  Can't wait till next week.  I sincerely hope Jen's fear of water is a misdirection, though.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 02:20:47 AM by Ashe »
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2009, 12:24:26 AM »
Was I the only one that was underwhelmed with the arguing at the mat?  I thought there would be more but I didn't think it was as bad as I was expecting. 

overall what I  noticed.....

at the first cluebox......Luke arrived first and Jen was on his back and then reaching over.  He pushed back but in my opinion, wouldn't that be a natural reaction when someone is on you as you are trying to open something?  sure it was aggressive but if Jen hadn't been aggressive as well, it wouldn't have happened.

at the second cluebox.....with both Kisha and Luke running at full speed, Keisha reached the box first followed by Luke.  Luke ran into her and that pushed her into the cluebox.  There was no "body checking" going on.  Luke even pulled back.  Of course Jen couldn't seen that since her eyes were on the box so I could see how she would think that he purposely pushed her.

at the pitstop......I really don't think that keish and jen were laughing at Luke and his signing.  I think they were laughing and snickering just as they said they were...it's what they do in tense situations.  However I could see how Margie would pereceive it otherwise. 

Tensions were high, period.  They were both equally at fault.   I thought it was going to be a much nastier fight!   Unless all the good stuff was edited out!   :lol:

DavidJunior

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2009, 01:27:56 AM »
so about the "fight"

i think it was one overreaction after another

if you looked, at both of the clue boxes in question, they both seemed to overreact at least a little bit

but, they didn't seem to be too angry with each other or fighting that much at the detour

i think they only really started fighting when it was addressed at the pitstop

and really it was margie/luke horribly misreading kisha/jen's body language, and again taking it too far

i think both teams acted poorly on this leg, but margie/luke at the mat was too much for me

i still love both teams, and i thought it was very ironic that my two favorites were the one's fighting

Offline Acoustic

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2009, 07:01:52 AM »
I just watched the episode and I definetely felt a lot of misinturpretation this episode. Luke probably couldn't hear Jen coming behind him and suddenly jerked around unknowingly. Jen calling him a bitch was wrong though.

However, at the pit stop I think Luke and Margie really overreacted. I see Kisha laughing at the most randomest things all the time. I don't think she was laughing at Luke because he was signing, I think it was one of her akward nervous laughs. I felt really akward cuz Kisha was also being very mature. She realized it got on Margie's nerves and said "I apologize...." Even Phil noticed the misinturpritation when he started saying "I don't think thats what she meant" I think the comment about black people by Margie was uncalled for though....

Both teams just need to relax and think about how stupid their fighting is.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 07:25:45 AM by Acoustic »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2009, 07:32:36 AM »
It's the Killer Comorant!!!!!

Not quite, Ken, it's a duck that bites Luke, not a cormorant.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2009, 07:36:05 AM »
I'm not going to say Jen & Kisha laughed at Luke. But Margie's going to defend Luke no matter what. She's sensitive to anyone laughing when Luke's signing.

I felt that Margie's overprotecting her son so much... I don't see laughing like this...  :funny:

Look again, Mooyou because it is clear to me that Kisha and Jen WERE using taunting faces to egg Luke on in his rant.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2009, 07:40:21 AM »
For me, the single most interesting thing is this episode occurred during the dancing of Jaime/Cara. Their dance instructor, the woman in blue, was the one televised twice laughing at them. They must have been pretty awkward for that to happen.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2009, 07:45:25 AM »
I'm not going to say Jen & Kisha laughed at Luke. But Margie's going to defend Luke no matter what. She's sensitive to anyone laughing when Luke's signing.

I felt that Margie's overprotecting her son so much... I don't see laughing like this...  :funny:

Look again, Mooyou because it is clear to me that Kisha and Jen WERE using taunting faces to egg Luke on in his rant.

I see... oops, I'll rewatch it again... thanks for notifying though... wow... this confrontation is such a painstaking process even to us here in the forums  :lol:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2009, 08:36:06 AM »
I'll disagree. I don't think Jen & Kisha were mocking Luke at all.
Just here to visit.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2009, 08:37:27 AM »
My best part of the episode: the "Jaws" editing on the Duck (yes, it deserves a capital "D")
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2009, 08:43:09 AM »
My best part of the episode: the "Jaws" editing on the Duck (yes, it deserves a capital "D")

Haha, a future film, anyone?  :lol:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2009, 02:07:37 PM »

I don't think they were either.  I think they were trying to laugh away an embarassing, uncomfortable situation. 

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2009, 04:30:15 PM »

I don't think they were either.  I think they were trying to laugh away an embarassing, uncomfortable situation. 
Or laughing at Margie & Luke's revisionist history.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2009, 04:46:37 PM »
I don't think they were laughing at Luke either. Kisha has been laughing randomly this whole race.

But I know I would not be laughing if I had two very offended people yelling at me. It would make me nervous.

Margie's reaction was also very over-the-top and unneccessary. The fight was not intentional. :meow:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2009, 06:33:31 PM »
I don't think they were laughing at Luke either. Kisha has been laughing randomly this whole race.

But I know I would not be laughing if I had two very offended people yelling at me. It would make me nervous.

Margie's reaction was also very over-the-top and unneccessary. The fight was not intentional. :meow:
I also think that the fight was not necessary, and I will not take a side with this.  Overall, this was a pretty good leg though!  I just wish they showed the mountains they went to.