Author Topic: Hell's Kitchen Season 6  (Read 80202 times)

Offline EnduranceRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Hell's Kitchen Season 6
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2009, 02:35:30 PM »
Thanks ERF for the spoiler.

Dave's hand was injured and heading back inside Kevin injures both ankles. The get first medic and then ER attention. Kevin gets a boot for one ankle and an air cast on the other one. Dave gets a splint for his wrist. Both elect to continue when Ramsay asks them.

This made me angry last night. I wish they would stop with the punishment stuff, especially with the chance of someone getting injured. I wish they would slow down the urgency to get everything done. I can see one team prepping but washing the firetrucks was over the top. Same way as in other years when they had to unload a truck and Heather had to carry heavy boxes. Or when they had to carry bags of ice in.

I agree! they lose most of their good chefs due to these punishments. Ji anyone? That was so painful to watch as they wheeled her out. WHY IS ROBERT BACK AND NOT JI? and what ever happened to Julia?

and thanks apskip for helping with my spoilers haha

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2009, 04:05:41 PM »
I'm glad to hear about the spoiler.

Belle Book

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »
I wonder, perhaps Ji just doesn't feel like it is worth it to come back. ??? I would love to watch how she works in the kitchen. I hate she left so early.  :(
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2009, 06:28:36 PM »
I wonder, perhaps Ji just doesn't feel like it is worth it to come back. ??? I would love to watch how she works in the kitchen. I hate she left so early.  :(

I agree but at least we had Ben and Carol for the rest of the season  :funny: not

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2009, 08:01:26 PM »
EnduranceRealityFan was half right  (highlight text) >>> Lovely is gone but Dave pushed on with his injury 

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2009, 09:19:03 PM »
EnduranceRealityFan was half right  (highlight text) >>> Lovely is gone but Dave pushed on with his injury 

I know! what screwed me up was a screencap from the preview and Dave was in the hospital getting his cast off! So it looked like he was gone gone oh well good for him!

was it just me or was Robert really irratating this episode? I hope Kevin and Ariel are the final 2!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2009, 10:26:52 AM »
HK6, episode 4

This episode started with Dave getting a call from the doctor. He is told an MRI reveals a fracture and that his left wrist needs to be immobilized in a long arm cast for 2 weeks. He will not be able to move his left thumb. He talks to Gordon Ramsay, but he really wanted to continue and Ramsay does his best to encourage that. Notice that they have the actual operation scheduled so he will return in the middle of dinner service. This gives the Blue team a serious manpower deficit for over half of the service.

The challenge was to make sausages 6 inches long and a width in between two calipers. we were shown the "can't be greater than one" but never shown the "can't be less than" one. Ramsay pairs each Blue team member with another one and the same with the Red team but Suzanne has to sit out.  This exercise is supposed to demonstrate how to get proper length (6 inches; now where I have heard that?; oh yeah, it was Amazing Race 11 in Krakow Poland) and to promote sorely needed teamwork. The team of Robert and Jim struggles as Jim is super slow. They do not succeed in producing a single group of 6 sausage links. 6 groups of 6 links are needed for a team to win. The Red team is ahead the whole way but 3 links short of finishing Ramsay pulls a fast one on them and claims a sausage is too thin. It looked just like the other 3 which had passed and no caliper for thinness  was shown being used to measure it, only the the caliper for thickness. It looked like a typical FOX attempt to invent closeness and drama which did not exist. The Blue team almost catches up but Red finishes the 6th group and wins.

Red's reward is to take a bus with an Oom-pah band to the Old World Village restaurant in Huntington Beach where they sample "every different type of sausage that exists" and copious beer to wash it down. Blue team members had to clean the dorms, meaning rooms, bathrooms, carpets and floors. It was a dirty, thankless job. Robert is pissed off at the end of that because the Blue team is falling apart. Robert in a fit of pique breaks some cleaning apparatus as Scott is criticizing him for talking a good game but not actually playing one. Jim stated that "Dave's wrist, Kevin's ankle and Robert's morbid obesity are holding the Blue team back."

Teams rest up and are ready to start dinner service. Ramsay decides that Suzanne will serve an amuse-bouche to all Red tables. Kevin steps up and volunteers because it will make him less of a drag on his teammates in the kitchen. Suzanne did a competent job of this, but Kevin wanted to chat with the customers too long. No Blue team appetizers could be served to a Blue table until he was finished (and the same for the Red team and Suzanne).

Things get rolling and Lovely is a consistent problem child in the Red kitchen becuase she can't remember th order so doesn't know what to cook. In the Blue Andy ruins 3 sets of lamb by having it undercooked or not looking right. Ramsay explained to Suzanne that the lamb cutlet width should not be narrower than the width of the accompanying bone. There is a verbal altercation  between Robert and Andy. Robert gets his face within inches of Kevin and chews him out for his slow efforts dragging down their team. Scott gets involved in separating them and Ramsay tells them to keep it down and don't continue being heard by the diners. Andy is a consistently relaxed and slow performer with a bad attitude. He will not last long with that attitude. High energy and good attitude can save you if you get in trouble, but low energy and bad attitude will be noticed by Scott first and then by Ramsay and you are as good as gone (which Andy will be soon).  Ramsay says "we're busy but we stay in control."

There are celebrities in the audience, including tom Green of Celebrity Apprentice 2 fame.

Dave returns and is assigned by Ramsay to the Dessert station. He immediately draws kudos for his high energy level. Of course he hasn't been slaving in a hot kitchen for more than an hour, so why shouldn't he be full of energy? His return is claimed as pivotal in the recovery of the Blue team, who had been operating one man down. The Blue team catches up to make it 3 orders each team to complete the service. Ramsay states that the team finishing all 3 first will win.  Lovely screws up with no creamed spinach when it is needed. It goes right down to the wire (isn't it truly amazing how often that happens in Hell's Kitchen when statistically it seldom should? Do I heard the words "manufactured drama?"). Andy has to redo some undercooked meat (I think it was chicken) to coordinate with one of the final orders Scott is releasing to the server. He does in time and the men win. Lovely is told by Ramsay "Beaten by the side dish."

The women are devastated. Suzanne asks a question on how they lost because she thinks they were cheated. Ramsay reacted strongly to that and explained that the women lost because he said they lost; end of conversation on that subject. Ramsay tells them that Sabrina was the only bright spot on their team, so he gives her the authority as "Best of thte Worst" to nominate 2 Red team members for him to consider for elimination. She makes the obvious choices of Lovely, who I think should have been eliminated sooner and Sabrina thinkks had a poor Garnish station performance, and Tek who had a poor performance one night. Ramsay says to Lovely that "she is moving so fast that he cannot see it." Just before a commercial Ramsay is shown addressing Suzanne to misdirect you into thinking that Suzanne is vulnerable for mouthing off. Ramsay is way too intelligent to use something like that to remove a team member whose performance was at least mediocre. He merely wanted to solicit her opinion as an outspoken non-politician on which Red team member deserved to go. She emphatically said Lovely and I and Ramsay also agree. Lovely had no place being in Hell's Kitchen right from the start. Ramsay gives her the axe with the snide comment that if people  named for their food "Lovely" would be "Useless" instead. Ramsay says to Tek she is on a tightrope and there is no safety net for her.

Ramsay tells both teams to be ready for a really big event at the next dinner service. Previews show that it is the homecoming of an Iraq war veteran named Otis James.

It is unbelieveable how raw the commentary taken in the confession booth from the chefs ridiculing their teammates has been. It is OK to have opinions and judgments, but I think they are over the top, encouraged no doubt by the HK6 producers into mouthing off at anyone and anything. It is obvious that the tendency to mouth off is one of the criteria used to select the cast of chefs for Kell's Kitchen.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 10:34:28 AM by apskip »

Offline Alexis

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2009, 12:54:01 PM »
I'm not liking this season as much...the contestants are a lot mouthier than I remember them. There's no one to root for! I hate them all!

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2009, 03:20:14 PM »
I'm not liking this season as much...the contestants are a lot mouthier than I remember them. There's no one to root for! I hate them all!

I'm actually enjoying this season as much as season 3! I really like Kevin and Ariel!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2009, 04:12:40 PM »
I agree with Alexis. The mouthing off just shows the immaturity of many of the cheftestants. Now where have I seen immaturity in action recently other than Hell's Kitchen?

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2009, 12:43:20 PM »
News from the FOX Network:

Chef Gordon Ramsay is bringing his culinary expertise to homes across the U.S. as he invites viewers to cookalong with him from the comfort of their own kitchens during GORDON RAMSAY: COOKALONG LIVE. Based on the U.K. smash hit, Ramsay will star in a live one-hour special airing Tuesday, Dec. 15 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) where he'll be giving America a one-on-one cooking lesson, providing viewers with a real-time demonstration and step-by-step instructions on how to cook a delicious three-course meal in just 60 minutes and he's going to do it all LIVE.

In addition to the previously announced seventh season order, FOX has picked up an eighth installment of HELL'S KITCHEN, the sizzling series that puts aspiring chefs through a rigorous culinary boot camp as Ramsay searches for the one worthy of a life-changing grand prize.

GORDON RAMSAY: COOKALONG LIVE will be the biggest cooking event America has ever seen as viewers slice, dice, chop and filet with Chef Ramsay. Viewers will be prepped in advance with the list of ingredients, utensils and cookware they will need to ensure they can keep up with the chef and not get thrown out of the kitchen. When the live hour is over, viewers will have prepared a delicious three-course meal to share with their families.

The sixth season of HELL'S KITCHEN currently airs Tuesdays (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX, and will cumulate in a two-hour season finale Tuesday, Oct. 13 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2009, 09:41:38 AM »
Rev up your engines. HK6 ep. 5 is in overdrive. Things start with David testing his ability to open a package of what looks like frozen vegetables. He really can't do it and is heckled to keep trying until he does get it.

Ramsay announces that a very special dinner service is ahead, a surprise party for returning Iraq war veteran Otis James and his family. Ramsay then poses a Challenge to design a 2 entree/1 appetizer menu and cook it for testing by James' wife to make sure he will like it. Robert and Suzanne are slected by Ramsay to go spend time with Latasha James to find out what Otis James particularly likes. They return and display totally different styles. Robert shares the information with his team in a true collaborative fashion. Suzanne tells her team tell what to do, not trusting them with the raw data. Each team develops and individuals are somehow assigned to cook the dishes on the Red and Blue team menus. Ramsay and Latasha James collaborate on the judging. Now let's stop here for a moment's reflection. For obvious reasons, the prize for winning a challenge is never revealed until after it is completed. This time it will be piloting fighter jets for real under the supervision of experienced pilots. Now you tell me which team will win this challenge. Did you guess Blue? That is as close to a non-brainer as it gets. The judging results will be stage managed to come out Blue 2 Red 1. I must admit that it is possible that the producers do not select the prize until after the winning team is known, but I don't think this is what really happens. I like the conspiracy theory better.

First is appetizers with Ariel vs. Kevin. She has basically an embellished salad and he has a bouilabaisse. I would always pick bouilabaisse but Otis James' tastes are not mine. Latasha and Ramsay pick the Red team salad.

Second is an entree with Andy vs. Amanda. Andy has a 4 cheese mac and cheese with collard greens and fried catfish (that's a lot on one plate). She has filet and grilled shrimp. He wins, as you know he had to because this is a Hell's Kitchen challenge with its own peculiar rules.

Third is another entree cooked by the team captains. Suzanne has broiled (Robert is quick to point out it should have been grilled instead for maximum impact) lobster tail and seafood with a white wine sauce. Robert has bone-in NY strip steak with twice-baked potato mashed and grilled lobster tail. She is confident of victory but nobody told her about the challenge prize yet. What a surprise, Blue 2 Red 1 as he wins. One other Red team member asks why they did not put up Tennille's soul food as one of the dishes. The unstated answer to this rhetorical question is Suzanne had an iron fist.

The blue team gets to go fly those jets and the pilots relinquish the controls briefly. Jim does a dogfight with Van and gets a "kill" with fake smoke. Robert was allowed in the jet as there was no weight restriction. The men are very pleased with their adventure.

Ramsay tells the Red team they will be doing the decorations for the party, a big job. He announces that there is only one person he would trust to oversee this important job, his wife Donna. So she starts in with how it will be done and one of the Red team members says that with Donnas's love of precision it will take all day and it is not surprising that she is Ramsay's wife. Would Donna take that as a compliment? I don't know.

For the service Ramsay enmphasizes that teamwork is key. I notice that there are not many diner tonight as JP opened the dining area It looks to me like Ramsay wants to make it special by keeping the volume down so quality will be high. Otis James arrives and is given the hero's welcome he deserves. He is pleased to see his wife and son and Ramsay has a special VIP, his mother.

The menu for the evening was:
Amuse Bouche - Devilled Egg for the Table
Appetizers - Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad; Spicy fish Soup w/ Cheesy Garlic Bread; Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms; shrimp cocktail for the kids' app menu
Entrees - Surf and Turf bone-in NY strip steak, baked?? lobster tail, Bocca(apparently these are fingerling) potatoes, broccolini; Cornmeal coated Catfish w/ collard greens; Herb-Roasted Chicken Breast, Sauteed spinach and Sweet CornPolenta

The blue team has to teach the Red team the menu item recipes. The Red team claims that they are begin sabotaged. Jim and Andy are on the appetizers station. They get high marks from Ramsay. Sabrina's first app is a stone-cold mushroom. Jim is on the meat, particularly grilling steaks. He says that "it's Steak-A-Roni in Hell's Kitchen" time as most diners are ordering steak. What a pity that the more interesting items on the menu are ignored so people can order the steak they could put on their own grill or in their own skillet or oven. As the Blue team finishes appetizers, the Red team has yet to serve any. Are we heading for a wipeout?

Tek is having many problems in grilling steaks and when she finally gets that right 2 of the accompanying lobster tails were fragmented. Tek is singled out as being the bad apple for the Red team. Amanda states "we haven't put anything out. Do something, Tek." Well Ramsay does something. The Blue team is finished so he orders the women to get out of the way so the Blue team can take over the Red kitchen and finish the dinner service, which they do rapidly and well. It is total annhilation. The men are rightly pleased with themselves. It looks to me like Tek will be toast. Who else could they pin it on?

Ramsay had stated his embarrassment and reputation loss if lousy food gets to the dining room, but the quality control system holds and none did the entire evening (or at least they did not televise any breakdowns). Nothing was sent back to the kitchen. With only a war hero's friends and family to feed and without those picky FOX studio extras to create trouble, the dining experience in Hell's Kitchen is much smoother.

Ramsay tells the women to hold a meeting and nominate their 2 weakest, considering all dinner services to date on HK6. One is obviously Tek. The second could be Tennille (who did not get much of a chance to perform tonight) and Amanda  (who did and did not do well). Ramsay asks Tennille who the 2 nomiees are and why. She says Tek is #1 and, over major objections, she herself is #2. Ramsay asks what she thinks about that and she is vociferous in not believing that her skills warrant nomination as one of the two weakest team members(I agree with her). Ramsay asks her who should it be? She says Amanda. Ramsay tells Tennille to get back in line and Amanda to step forward. He does not leave them in suspense long. Everybody knows it will be Tek and it is.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:49:47 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2009, 10:59:55 AM »
We have completed 1/3 of the episodes of HK6. Who is looking good and who isn't? I see these chefs as being eliminated over the next 5 episodes:

Amanda
Andy
Dave
Kevin
Tennille

That will leave for the final 6 these chefs:

Ariel
Jim
Robert
Sabrina
Suzanne
Van

Note- appparently I can't do simple counting as I had listed the number of chefs in the going ahead category as 5 when recount proved it to be 6.
Check back in 5 weeks and we'll see how close this speculation turns out to be.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:16:43 PM by apskip »

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2009, 03:44:56 PM »
We have completed 1/3 of the episodes of HK6. Who is looking good and who isn't? I see these chefs as being eliminated over the next 5 episodes:

Amanda
Andy
Dave
Kevin
Tennille

That will leave for the final 5 these chefs:

Ariel
Jim
Robert
Sabrina
Suzanne
Van

Check back in 5 weeks and we'll see how close this speculation turns out to be.

To be honest I don't really see how Kevin ISN'T in the final 5 at least!

My final 5 would be: Kevin, Dave, Ariel, Sabrina and its a tossup between Suzanne (getting a very similar Melissa edit from s3 started out strong turned into an unworkable bitch) and Robert (most likely the latter if his health allows him to stay)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2009, 04:35:13 PM »
I think Ariel, Kevin, Sabrina and Suzanne will be four of our Final 5.  The fifth spot is a toss-up between Dave and Van.

Belle Book

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2009, 07:08:40 PM »
Well, those 3 lists are not hugely different. I appreciate others being willing to put their thoughts into this thread. The 4 executive chefs in this competition are Tennille, Kevin, Andy and Dave. Tennille and Kevin do not project like an executive chef and Andy appears to be hapless much of the time. Dave is and acts like one. Jim does project as an executive chef even though he isn't one.  Neither Sabrina nor Suzanne is an executive chef but they both project like one. Robert is not an executive chef and he does not project like one, but his experience in HK5 is extremely valuable.

EnduranceRealityFan, the answer to why not Kevin is that he appears to be a scheming asshole trying to steal all the credit from others who deserve it. That will catch up with him as the others find subtle ways to retaliate and he will be eliminated as a result.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:17:30 PM by apskip »

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2009, 12:14:08 AM »
Well, those 3 lists are not hugely different. I appreciate others being willing to put their thoughts into this thread. The 4 executive chefs in this competition are Tennille, Kevin, Andy and Dave. Tennille and Kevin do not project like an executive chef and Andy appears to be hapless much of the time. Dave is and acts like one. Jim does project as an executive chef even though he isn't one.  Neither Sabrina nor Suzanne is an executive chef but they both project like one. Robert is not an executive chef and he does not project like one, but his experience in HK5 is extremely valuable.

EnduranceRealityFan, the answer to why not Kevin is that he appears to be a scheming asshole trying to steal all the credit from others who deserve it. That will catch up with him as the others find subtle ways to retaliate and he will be eliminated as a result.

True. but I think Kevin sneakiness is a little more light hearted whereas Suzanne I could 100% see your scenario happening to! We all have opinions and thats what makes dicussing this show great! Last season I said Danny would come in 7 at best and look what happened. I thought Christina and Petrozza in S4 were early boots. . . you never know in Hell's Kitchen!

btw did anyone see Ramsey on Conan tonight? very funny!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2009, 08:03:42 PM »
Spoiler >>>>>>>>>> Robert and Jim are gone! Ramsey picked Jim and Robert because of his health again 

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2009, 10:21:15 PM »
puddin, I believe you missed the previews of coming attractions for next week. Someone is clearly there you would not expect based on your spoiler. I will have a full recap tomorrow morning but nothing more on that.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2009, 11:52:25 PM »
puddin, I believe you missed the previews of coming attractions for next week. Someone is clearly there you would not expect based on your spoiler. I will have a full recap tomorrow morning but nothing more on that.
hmm i didn't see him in the previews I'll rewatch later

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2009, 12:02:21 AM »
the previews show Robert with the question will he return to HK? and he says about his health and I'm not seeing him in the kitchen so I dunno?

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2009, 10:19:37 AM »
the previews show Robert with the question will he return to HK? and he says about his health and I'm not seeing him in the kitchen so I dunno?

I agree but that could have been a reused screencap from last nights episode. Robert is probably fine after the first night but they wont have him show up until the last minute for more drama.

Kevin/Ariel FTW! I actually really liked Sabrina this episode too and thought she carried her team in the first challenge so i was glad she didnt go!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2009, 11:43:27 AM »
HK6, ep. 6

This episode starts with the Low Calorie Quickfire Challenge. Cheftestants are given some education on how many calories a given portion is and must keep the total for an appetizer, entree and dessert to less than 700 calories. If you were told that the prize was volleyball on Venice Beach, would that help you guess which team will win it? I found no way to guess who did win it, as beach volleyball is of interest to both men and women. There is 45 minutes to plan, cook and plate the dishes chosen. It was difficult for both teams to develop an acceptable menu. The Red team was having a tough time and ended up at 694 calories, just under the limit. The blue took even longer; after an initial attempt was 1051 no-dessert calories, they reduced it to 597 calories, 103 under the limit, by reducing the portions of pork and soba noodles. This would in theory give the women the edge since more calories is related in most people's minds to more flavor. There was a nutritionist for each team to verify the calorie count. Both teams broke into sub-teams of 2 to get the job done, so there was considerable room for sniping when one team member did not agree with the other but decided to swallow their criticism (except for the confessional).

Tennille opened the presentation with a scallop with mango chutney dish. She went against Kevin with a grilled seafood salad (including shrimp) and mango. Ramsay gave them 1 point each for good dishes.
Ariel presented the Red team entree cottage cheese and musrhoom stuffed pork chops. Jim countered with a dry pork cutlet, soba noodles and broccoli. The judging was 1 point to Red.
Dessert started with the Red team dish of fresh fruit bowl with lemon riccotta cheese cream by Sabrina and Amanda. Dave and Andy countered with an egg white crepe filled with fruit compote with vanilla and yoghurt cream. Red won 1 point for a total of 3.

The Red team demolished Blue and won the prize, which was an afternoon at Venice Beach with volleyball lessons from Olympic team member Annette Davis. The Blue special assignment was to clean the kitchen and then to peddle a 6-way party bike up a big hill to get a bag of onions and a bag of potatoes. The latter was a serious health challenge for Robert, who is not in the best of shape. On return, he was evaluated by the Medic (who is apparently at all shows) and sent to the local hospital emergency room. He is not going to be cooking for the evening's service, so that makes the teams 5 vs. 5. Could this have been staged to give the women an even chance? It's FOX and producer Arthur Smith, so of course it could but my best guess is that it was real. The real question was "why do this party bike exercise at all?" What was the point? Was the "teamwork value" worth it?

Ramsay asked who is going to step up and emerge tonight? The answer is everybody thinks they can do it. Dinner service starts with the formal opening of Hell's Kitchen. Andy has a problem with not listening to Ramsay carefully on order presentation (he says Ramsay deliberately talks too fast and I think he is right). Ariel does scallops that Ramway calls "broiled mush" so he directs her to redo them by proper searing.  Jim puts too much pepper in the risotto. He says Ramsay likes too little, but when Jim redoes the dish it is too bland like baby food and also rejected. Jim says he likes the taste of baby food. Eventually Andy's inability to get the risotto right is affecting the reputation of Hell's Kitchen with the table that oreedered it, so Ramsay directs souf chef Scott to get it done, which happens almost instantly.  Tennille on Garnish puts 12 portions of spinach to cook all at once. Ramsay tells her to stop it and cook them to order as always done in Hell's Kitchen. Tennille's mashed potatoes are insufficient portions, not what Ramsay wants. Tennille criticizes him and this starts a desultory exchange where Ramsay tells her to leave the kitchen (but only temporarily so he can "chat with her") and her telling him to "Shut Up" and "**** You". This ends in a stalemate with Tennille back at her station so Ramsay couldn't have felt that strongly about it. Sabrina somehow loses a chicken, which gives Ramsay the opportunity to utter the famous line "where's the chicken?" Andy has to redo halibut. Sabrina's undercooked pork is returned so she must start over. Andy has pork that is overdone, then undercooked. He acknolwedges to the Blue team that he is "in the weeds" meaning in jeopardy for potential elimination.

Ramsay has had enough. He shuts the dinner service down and declares that neither team wins as this service was a disaster. Both have to nominate one individual. Blue considers Andy and Jim but thinks an end-run with Robert is worth a try. Van proposes that but Ramsay puts the kibosh on that immediaetly. He states that Robert must be able to cook at the next dinner service (which in the real world was 24 hours, not a week) or he is out. So Andy is nominated for inability to handle the pressure. Ramsay asks Andy about that and he says that he is still learning the system and needs more time. He claims Ramsay he makes him nervous (with his intimidation tactics). Tennille and Sabrina were considered but Sabrina is the nominee for the potential impact of serving undercooked pork.

Ramsay makes the decision to eliminate neither Sabrina nor Andy, as he fires Jim. Ramsay says that he can teach people to cook but not to have heart. Jim's low-key approach to life clearly bothered him: "All the time I thought Jim was sleep walking; the real problem was he had no passion". I have news for him. Dave's tendencies to slow things down are just as negative for a kitchen team.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2009, 11:58:38 AM »
I have a little rant.  (:;)  

Three times this season someone has been injured doing the stupid penalties. Kevin and Dave were injured cleaning a fire truck. !!! Now in what looked preplanned to me, Robert who weighs well over 300 lbs and has a history of heart problems has to participate in a 6way bike contraption, ride up a hill and back down with the bike packed with heavy potatoes and onions. What if he had just fallen off the thing right there in the street with a heart attack. I grant that we don't know how serious his condition is, it could be nothing, it could be serious. I just question why they would risk a morbidly obese person's health like this.

Why do I think it was a rigged competition, could the girls have pedaled that contraption? I doubt it.

When Heather was burned or Ji turned her ankle, they were kitchen accidents and accidents happen in kitchens. I'm not cool with what I see this year. I wasn't particularly happy in the past when they had to carry heavy boxes from trucks to the kitchen or lug ice but this is way beyond a competition for a head chef position in Canada. (I'm particularly thinking of Heather who had to go to the men's team and had to carry heavy items to the kitchen. She was a trooper!)

/rant
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 01:26:07 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2009, 11:59:52 AM »
It's FOX and producer Arthur Smith, so of course it could but my best guess is that it was real. The real question was "why do this party bike exercise at all?" What was the point? Was the "teamwork value" worth it?

Exactly!!  :knuckles: