Author Topic: TAR14 EP7: 'Gorilla? Gorilla?? Gorilla???' (Phuket, Thailand)  (Read 133826 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR14 EP7: 'Gorilla? Gorilla?? Gorilla???' (Phuket, Thailand)
« Reply #300 on: March 30, 2009, 10:12:11 AM »
But wasn't there something in one of the interviews about Lakisha and/or Jen (at Elimination Station) making fun of Preston for needing a heavier bugee cord in the first roadblock?   :duno:

I can't find it now, so I must be mis-remembering. :lol:

That came from Rob's RFFradio interview and just said Kisha laughed for weeks about that, there was NO mention whatsoever of "at ES", so it could have been at any time later on, they all do talk!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #301 on: March 30, 2009, 12:04:53 PM »
Tammy and Victor - They got very lucky this week, it's all thanks to Mark and Michael's not too wise deeds that they came in first. Otherwise, I agree with Ashe, they did not really stand out this week. Loved Victor's shocked expression, lol.

Cara and Jaime - Nice one, ladies, their best finish yet! Jaime honestly has got to cool down. Perhaps, as she said, she's just better at handling animals lol.

Mark and Michael - It was a pity, two teams checking in before them when they had merely 4 minutes left. But well, no sympathy. It's not the first time they screwed up a first-place opportunity.

Margie and Luke - Fourth again! Unbelievable. Margie is SUPERWOMAN. I hope she's better and can run an awesome race the next leg.

Kisha and Jen - Well they barely made it. Kudos to these ladies, I personally wouldn't have expected them to make the final five.

Mel and Mike - If not for spoilers, I wouldn't have thought they'd be gone so soon. I wish they could have made the final four but oh well, they had fun, and it was fun watching them. It's just sad to see a team's fate determined by a cab driver though. If only they hadn't gone to the wrong place at the beginning... But, it happens. Just look at Christie and Jodi.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #302 on: March 30, 2009, 01:38:53 PM »
There was no Roadblock as in no un aired Roadblock or as in no Roadblock whatsoever fwiw

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: March 30, 2009, 02:00:11 PM »
Well and as I suspected since season 10, on penalties it appears they have changed them.

No longer is it a set penalty plus or minus time gained, but just a straight penalty.

Because since they were lost and didn't know where they were going Mark & Michael absolutely should have had a time gained added to it.

Between this an a penalty application to Tom & Terry in season ten I think its safe to say that time gained or lost is no longer a factor.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #304 on: March 30, 2009, 02:14:58 PM »
Tammy and Victor - They got very lucky this week, it's all thanks to Mark and Michael's not too wise deeds that they came in first. Otherwise, I agree with Ashe, they did not really stand out this week. Loved Victor's shocked expression, lol.

Cara and Jaime - Nice one, ladies, their best finish yet! Jaime honestly has got to cool down. Perhaps, as she said, she's just better at handling animals lol.

Mark and Michael - It was a pity, two teams checking in before them when they had merely 4 minutes left. But well, no sympathy. It's not the first time they screwed up a first-place opportunity.

Margie and Luke - Fourth again! Unbelievable. Margie is SUPERWOMAN. I hope she's better and can run an awesome race the next leg.

Kisha and Jen - Well they barely made it. Kudos to these ladies, I personally wouldn't have expected them to make the final five.

Mel and Mike - If not for spoilers, I wouldn't have thought they'd be gone so soon. I wish they could have made the final four but oh well, they had fun, and it was fun watching them. It's just sad to see a team's fate determined by a cab driver though. If only they hadn't gone to the wrong place at the beginning... But, it happens. Just look at Christie and Jodi.

I agree with you about Mark & Michael -- I don't have much sympathy for them, not after the stunt they pulled.

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #305 on: March 30, 2009, 02:24:59 PM »
mswood do you have Roadblock stats in your memory bank? Which season/episodes have skipped a Roadblock all together?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #306 on: March 30, 2009, 02:25:33 PM »
I agree with you about Mark & Michael -- I don't have much sympathy for them, not after the stunt they pulled.

Belle Book

"stunt"  :lol:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: March 30, 2009, 02:29:43 PM »
mswood do you have Roadblock stats in your memory bank? Which season/episodes have skipped a Roadblock all together?
I honestly don't know.  Besides opening episodes, I thought all of them did.  THe ones that didn't I assumed had ones we didn't see (because we know of several of those).

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #308 on: March 30, 2009, 02:41:09 PM »
I honestly don't know.  Besides opening episodes, I thought all of them did.  THe ones that didn't I assumed had ones we didn't see (because we know of several of those).
TAR1, TAR10, TAR12, and TAR14 all had first-leg Roadblocks, with TAR1's being unaired.  Also, the Mauritius leg of TAR10, the first Poland leg of TAR11, and the final leg of that same season featured unaired Roadblocks.

I can't think of any other legs that skipped Roadblocks altogether.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #309 on: March 30, 2009, 02:51:11 PM »
TAR1, TAR10, TAR12, and TAR14 all had first-leg Roadblocks, with TAR1's being unaired.  Also, the Mauritius leg of TAR10, the first Poland leg of TAR11, and the final leg of that same season featured unaired Roadblocks.

I remember the famous Mauritius leg, thanks Ashe and mswood. Yeah i was wondering about a leg with no Roadblock aside from the first and last leg.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #310 on: March 30, 2009, 06:01:33 PM »

I remember the famous Mauritius leg, thanks Ashe and mswood. Yeah i was wondering about a leg with no Roadblock aside from the first and last leg.

I just wish that they made the general task a roadblock!  It justs bothers me!
 :lol:
Even thought it was just as good!

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #311 on: March 30, 2009, 11:14:55 PM »
was there a unaired fastfoward? cause i remember seeing jaime or cara holding a ff clue while they were taking the tiger photo. ROAR!
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #312 on: March 31, 2009, 12:01:24 AM »
was there a unaired fastfoward? cause i remember seeing jaime or cara holding a ff clue while they were taking the tiger photo. ROAR!
Yup, already noted in the EP7 discussion thread.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #313 on: March 31, 2009, 02:33:36 AM »
I'm just gonna offer a speculation on the lack of a roadblock this leg... a first for a leg that's not the 1st or last! :ascared

The Phuket Zoo tasks were probably supposed to be a Roadblock: probably another homage to the TAR1 Thailand 1 leg RB w/ the tigers. However, they might have found it quite dangerous to do the picture taking with the tiger alone, so they just made it a general task. :(

I think if they made the "picture with the tiger" a RB, the elephant task would still be a second part of that RB.
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #314 on: March 31, 2009, 05:52:07 AM »

I just wish that they made the general task a roadblock!  It justs bothers me!
 :lol:
Even thought it was just as good!

I have to agree that the general luck task should be the roadblock, I can imagine the old shopkeeper being so dizzy because of 6 teams simultaneously shouting at him.  :funny:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #315 on: March 31, 2009, 06:47:58 AM »
I'm just gonna offer a speculation on the lack of a roadblock this leg... a first for a leg that's not the 1st or last! :ascared

The Phuket Zoo tasks were probably supposed to be a Roadblock: probably another homage to the TAR1 Thailand 1 leg RB w/ the tigers. However, they might have found it quite dangerous to do the picture taking with the tiger alone, so they just made it a general task. :(

I think if they made the "picture with the tiger" a RB, the elephant task would still be a second part of that RB.
Call it a quasi-ROADBLOCK. The reason that World Race Productions did not call it a ROADBLOCK is probably that that would have lmiited the pictures to half of each team. By making it look and feel like a ROADBLOCK, they could get the whole team in.

Now as the the quality of this task, I think it stinks on several dimensions. First is the exploitation of the tiger, which is chained for the pictures and really should be in a natural habitat without any people close. Second, the use of a serial task where each team has to wait for the others adds to the lead of the leading teams. I don't don't it's fair to ever do something like that (and it is most typical with FAST FORWARDs).

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #316 on: March 31, 2009, 04:09:30 PM »
It's very strange that all of the recent "No Roadblock" legs (that were not first or last) have occured on Leg 7. Why? :duno:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #317 on: April 05, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »
You all know what the good thing about  Tammy & Victor, Mark & Michael, and Kisha & Jen all making it to the F5 is? At least one sibling team is guaranteed to be in the F3!

Also, Mel & Mike's F6 elimination guarantees that Kisha & Jen will officially tie the record for the highest-placing team of sisters.  At least in a two-person-team season.  They tie with Kami & Karli from TAR5, who had their own fifth-place finish.  They make it through the Bangkok leg, though, and they'll have officially broken that record.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #318 on: April 12, 2009, 02:09:45 AM »
I've caught up! :jumpy: :jumpy:

Here's the recap from the last episode.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #319 on: April 12, 2009, 07:09:50 AM »
Good job, Ken. These are always lots of fun to read! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #320 on: May 03, 2009, 08:55:45 PM »
Mel & Mike confirmed in a post-race interview that there was an unaired, unused Fast Forward in Leg 7 that involved purchasing items for an orphanage using the team's own money. - wikipedia

If this was indeed the FF task.. then kudos to the producers for coming up with an interesting FF task again.. that doesn't only require teams to complete the task.. but require them to sacrifice something from their own too. (TAR 7's Uchenna and Joyce Hair Shaving FF, BJ and Tyler + Rob/Kim + Tyler/James + Nick/Starr gross food FF, Nic and Don's Tattoo)

Wow, wished we could have watch it at play, and see how it affects the team who decides to use their own money and put them at an advantage. (Imagine Mark and Michael going for it, they could have gone on a run for a 10 hours penalty for giving 5 items away. LOL!)