Author Topic: TAR14 EP7: 'Gorilla? Gorilla?? Gorilla???' (Phuket, Thailand)  (Read 133797 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR14 EP7: 'Gorilla? Gorilla?? Gorilla???' (Phuket, Thailand)
« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2009, 08:07:14 PM »
And - it appears that the Rock City bar was mysteriously closed the week of November 11, 2008...
They were probably packing up and moving to eastern end of Bangla road (read the 02 Dec entry here).
Wishful thinking I guess - I was hoping Mike - Mr. School Of Rock - would end up at Rock City.

Original Rock City

So what are they looking for?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #176 on: March 26, 2009, 08:16:31 PM »

Thanks for re-posting the hints puddin, especially this one:
"One team finds that time is not of the essence when a shopkeeper hinders their movement, and others discover that a hurried pace doesn't always equal victory, particularly when mistakes can add up to penalties..."

Could it be that the first team incurs 2 penalties, while the others would have some too? Phil saying "you have incurred two penalties may only be for one team, but others have incurred penalties as well?

It looks to me like T/V, Mike/Mel and Kisha/Jen get penalties? - based on those pictures above, it seems that they're not happy reaching the pitstop...? Or maybe they heard of Margie collapsing?

I wonder if those penalties is because of the rickshaw task, perhaps they have to follow a certain path? And then other teams skip or go to a shortcut to end it faster? A wrong vehicle to use in coming to the pitstop?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:28:04 PM by Mooyou »
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: March 26, 2009, 08:21:35 PM »
So what are they looking for?
I'm not disagreeing; unless they packed up the large stage gorilla it might have been available for WRP. Or, as Neobie suggests, they might be looking for the fishing-boat area south of town. Or...something else that we haven't figured out yet.  :duno:

Offline CABoSoxFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2009, 09:45:10 PM »
Just a thought looking at the pitstop pictures.  You'll notice Phil is looking down.  The only team that short is most likely Mark/Michael.  Perhaps Mark/Michael find out they're not last, but find out they've been given the time penalties.  Lakisha/Jen arrive last, but are saved based on Mark/Michael's penalties.   :duno:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2009, 09:56:13 PM »
That hand appears to be connected with the person in a brown tee shirt to me. If you check (and I have) no team and no Phil shot above presumably on the mat has a brown tee shirt on. Could it be the Greeter?
I see that color matching Luke's t-shirt from his shoulder.

It can not be Jaime's left hand on Cara's shoulder, it it were we would see the thumb, index finger, and middle finger.  But we see a person's right hand, i.e. little finger, ring finger, and middle finger from a person standing to Cara's left.  It looks like the shoulder in a gray tee shirt which matches Luke's.  So it looks like Luke is standing with Jaime and Cara.  But where is Mom? 

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »
That hand appears to be connected with the person in a brown tee shirt to me. If you check (and I have) no team and no Phil shot above presumably on the mat has a brown tee shirt on. Could it be the Greeter?
I see that color matching Luke's t-shirt from his shoulder.

It can not be Jaime's left hand on Cara's shoulder, it it were we would see the thumb, index finger, and middle finger.  But we see a person's right hand, i.e. little finger, ring finger, and middle finger from a person standing to Cara's left.  It looks like the shoulder in a gray tee shirt which matches Luke's.  So it looks like Luke is standing with Jaime and Cara.  But where is Mom?
Margie was probably taken away to get rehydrated or whatever it was that caused her to collapse.  Luke's probably there with Jaime & Cara to hear about Margie's condition from Phil.

At least that's what I hope.  I hope Jaime & Cara aren't being eliminated.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

NoluckBoston

« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2009, 10:47:49 PM »
Does anyone think the task at herbal shop (Nuang Choon Tong) in Thanon Talang (?) (Performed by Cara/Jamie, Michael/Mark) could be the fast forward? Maybe Michael and Mark win it. This is why we see Cara and Jamie yelling at the shop keeper to hurry only to lose the fast forward.

Yes the eye witness did see 4 teams with the rickshaws but the 5th , Cara and Jamie, were so far behind that the eyewitness missed seeing the 5th one?  Or One team, maybe Victor and Tammy, skipped something and got to the rickshaws before the eyewitness was there? Hence a later penalty?

Continuing with this thought...
Luke maybe hanging around as they treat his mother as Cara and Jamie finish.

Still leaves the door open for any of the teams to get the double penalty.

no proof of this but I thought I'd make a guess?

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2009, 11:33:10 PM »
It might just be me needing sleep, but the Jaime/Cara pic looks cloudy compared to the others (the shadows on the Buddha look a lot more pronounced on the other teams' check in). Perhaps it's a close race between them and Margie/Luke for last and Jaime/Cara get hit with the penalties while they assess Margie's condition.

With that being said, Jen looks really sad; they might be last too.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2009, 11:35:05 PM »
Does anyone think the task at herbal shop (Nuang Choon Tong) in Thanon Talang (?) (Performed by Cara/Jamie, Michael/Mark) could be the fast forward? Maybe Michael and Mark win it. This is why we see Cara and Jamie yelling at the shop keeper to hurry only to lose the fast forward.
Man, that'd suck if they lose it because of an incompetent shopkeeper.  I hope it doesn't get them booted.

I am starting to be afraid their Pit Stop picture is them after finding out they got eliminated, but I hope it's not.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:02:52 AM by Ashe »
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2009, 12:46:59 AM »
It might just be me needing sleep, but the Jaime/Cara pic looks cloudy compared to the others (the shadows on the Buddha look a lot more pronounced on the other teams' check in). Perhaps it's a close race between them and Margie/Luke for last and Jaime/Cara get hit with the penalties while they assess Margie's condition.

With that being said, Jen looks really sad; they might be last too.

With all of these speculations... the producers and editors surely are having laughs, because no one still absolutely knows in this forum what really happens in this episode, compared to others...

If there's a team whom I want to be eliminated this leg, it would be Margie/Luke or Mark/Michael, Margie seems to be having a tough time as the race progresses, and I don't want another Dandrew in the persona of Mark/Michael...

If there's no fast forward, could Margie/Luke, Jaime/Cara or Mark/Michael be the last 3 teams fighting for their lives this leg? We see Cara/Jaime along Mark/Michael during the shop task and with Margie/Luke at pitstop.

I don't want Cara/Jaime to be eliminated! :'(

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2009, 02:57:39 AM »
I don't think the herbal shop task is a one of the detour task, because if the detour choices were the rickshaw and herbal task, many teams will definitely had chosen the herbal task since it's very easy compare in pulling a rickshaw. I just doesn't make any sense to me. So I'm thinking that this task could be a Fast Forward.

About the picture of Cara & Jaime at the pit stop, I think Margie & Luke arrived minutes ahead of Cara/Jaime, but Cara/Jaime were not eliminated (They were spotted in China, right?).  Or could be a NEL if ever they were last this leg.

Continuing with this thought...
Luke maybe hanging around as they treat his mother as Cara and Jamie finish.

Hmm... I don't think that's gonna happen!

I still think T/V got penalized and/or K/J.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2009, 03:08:53 AM »
It was already confirmed by puddin that Kisha & Jen aren't gonna be toast, and it won't be an NEL.

It's due to that new info I'm fearing for my cheerleaders and am hoping like hell the stuntmen, as much as I like them, finally have their bumbling catch up with them.
Jamison

honeybee

« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2009, 03:31:05 AM »
Cara/Jaime won't be eliminated because they have eyewitness reports spotted in China airport heading to Hawaii .

Also, if we take this literally: A first place team finds itself in the penalty box—and their victory in jeopardy
then it would have to be either Tammy/Victor, Margie/Luke or Mel/Mike... the only 3 teams (left) that have had 1st place finishes.

DavidJunior

« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2009, 03:31:39 AM »
I'm confused... :duno:

I might just be missing something but when did we come to the conclusion that:
a. this is not an NEL
b. that Kisha/Jen are not eliminated?
just wanted to find out since i can't find it by myself...

although, i would really like both of these things to be true!

Offline ready2rock

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2009, 03:39:19 AM »
I'm confused... :duno:

I might just be missing something but when did we come to the conclusion that:
a. this is not an NEL
b. that Kisha/Jen are not eliminated?
just wanted to find out since i can't find it by myself...

although, i would really like both of these things to be true!

Hey DavidJunior, just go to the thread...Ep #7: WHich team exhausts their chances to win the Amazing Race? it's over there only where puddin has her post saying that neither kisha and jen are eliminated nor it's a non-elimination...reason still not mentioned but i just hope that it's true!!!
The Amazing Race Season 14's favourite team-Kisha and Jen

DavidJunior

« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2009, 03:46:46 AM »
I hope so too!

I've liked Kisha/Jen from the start
unfortunately, I didn't think they were going to make it too far in the beginning
but, after they made it passed Krasnoyarsk, I think they can go really far
Heck, if they slipped through this many legs without sightings, why not go all the way?

Offline ready2rock

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2009, 03:53:43 AM »
I hope so too!

I've liked Kisha/Jen from the start
unfortunately, I didn't think they were going to make it too far in the beginning
but, after they made it passed Krasnoyarsk, I think they can go really far
Heck, if they slipped through this many legs without sightings, why not go all the way?

Me too and even i didn't expect them to come this far especially when it was mentioned that they were last sighted in romania...but look now they have just proven all the speculations about them so wrong...kisha and jen for the win :yess:
The Amazing Race Season 14's favourite team-Kisha and Jen

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2009, 04:03:40 AM »
Cara/Jaime won't be eliminated because they have eyewitness reports spotted in China airport heading to Hawaii .

Also, if we take this literally: A first place team finds itself in the penalty box—and their victory in jeopardy
then it would have to be either Tammy/Victor, Margie/Luke or Mel/Mike... the only 3 teams (left) that have had 1st place finishes.

I think it's T&V. If it was Victor saying omg in the previews/promos, it might be because Phil said they're team number 1 and then they get penalties. Or it might also be because they got the penalties alone.
However...it does make sense that Phil looks down lower than usual because he might be talking to Mark & Michael. It'd mean Mark & Michael won FF, the common way to get first, in that case.

Also, what do you think the FF task could be, if there was one and if it's in the herbal shop? From the promos it only looks like to find something in the drawers...And in case the flight to Thailand got Mark&Michael and Cara&Jaime in the lead/tied, it's hard to believe them going for FF when there's at least one competitive team. But I don't think there will be a FF this leg.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2009, 05:04:52 AM »

Also, what do you think the FF task could be, if there was one and if it's in the herbal shop? From the promos it only looks like to find something in the drawers...And in case the flight to Thailand got Mark&Michael and Cara&Jaime in the lead/tied, it's hard to believe them going for FF when there's at least one competitive team. But I don't think there will be a FF this leg.

I think T/V and Mel/Mike are ahead by one flight, and the others are trailing "like a caravan of fools/idiots"  :funny: just like Mike had said in two episodes" That is why Jaime/Cara are with Mark/Michael, and don't we see both of them in the Animal task? I think that the herbal tea shop keeper was just slow in getting their next clue...  :lol:

And if there's a fast forward, it seems odd that T/V or Mel/Mike not getting it... considering (accoding to spoilers) that they are the first guys who arrives in Phuket first?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 05:27:07 AM by Mooyou »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2009, 06:09:46 AM »
I wonder if Mel and Mike are looking for the Rock City gorilla in Patong? The preview shows them nearby.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Rock-City-Patong-t222190.html

Gorilla? Gorilla?? Gorilla???

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2009, 06:11:01 AM »
And it is impossible to determine who based on that promo. I think that pic is just J/C and Luke upset over Margie.
And based on her recent freak-outs, that's turning into Jaime's sole redeeming quality.

That's what I hope, but it looks like they're more of comforting each other instead and if they were saddened about Margie, they would've been comforting Luke.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2009, 07:18:32 AM »
Man, that'd suck if they lose it because of an incompetent shopkeeper.  I hope it doesn't get them booted.

I am starting to be afraid their Pit Stop picture is them after finding out they got eliminated, but I hope it's not.

Competing for the FAST FORWARD is the surest way I know to get eliminated. The losing team(s) is way behind in doing normal tasks. Most teams(but not Terence and Sarah in AR13, the Gaghans in AR8 or Ernie/Jeena in ARA1) if they arrive at a FAST FORWARD location that is already being worked on by another team leave immediately. The Gaghans survived this is Panama City but the other two teams did not.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:46:12 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2009, 07:30:17 AM »
This has nothing to do with Ep.7 except its timing. I observed an unusual effect last night. Normally, Thursday nights are quite dead on the RFF Amazing Race threads but last night was different. I decided that the reason was the "Survivor" effect. When there is no Survivor on Thursday night to distract those of you that watch it, then you pay more attention to what goes on here. As they way, it's an AMAZING effect.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2009, 10:28:26 AM »
This has nothing to do with Ep.7 except its timing. I observed an unusual effect last night. Normally, Thursday nights are quite dead on the RFF Amazing Race threads but last night was different. I decided that the reason was the "Survivor" effect. When there is no Survivor on Thursday night to distract those of you that watch it, then you pay more attention to what goes on here. As they way, it's an AMAZING effect.
Hmmm, I wonder if the RFF Survivor threads will be busier on the Sunday night (April 5?) when there's no TAR?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2009, 04:13:30 PM »
It was already confirmed by puddin that Kisha & Jen aren't gonna be toast, and it won't be an NEL.

It's due to that new info I'm fearing for my cheerleaders and am hoping like hell the stuntmen, as much as I like them, finally have their bumbling catch up with them.

Relax.  Cara & Jamie were spotted in China heading to Hawaii, so we can safely say they're in the Race.

Belle Book