Author Topic: EP11: East Coast live show updates and commentary *please read the rules*  (Read 60048 times)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
This all goes back to: Filthy U-Turn. :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
ppppp,

I differ with you. There was no karma involved, just the inability of Kisha/Jen to navigate around the outside of the Olympic Stadium despite their advantage in foot speed. Yes, I know that Jen's need to pee slowed them down. But is still looked to me that if they had been efficient in finding the pit stop (which I guess would ahve been located as far away from tthe taxi drop area as possible) they should have won 3rd place. Another major factor was Cara's incredible ability to wolf down beetles, grasshoppers. scorpions and starfish morsels. Without that it would not have been a close race for 3rd.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It looks like from the pitstop chat posted here >

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18417.200.html

Cara and Jaime checked-in when Jen was in the toilet.. so it really looks like had Jen not looked for a toilet.. they could have been in the F3..

Your vision is different from mine on this, Joab. What I saw was that Kisha/Jen continued searching for the pit stop unsuccessfully after the pee break. They found it just after Jaime/Cara did and therefore finished some small number of seconds behind.

Think about it. If Kisha/Jen could not spot the pit stop from the portapotty area, they could not have got there quick enough for a "seconds after" finish if Jen was still in a stall. You may be confused by the fact that World Race Productions production personnel would have stopped Kisha/Jen from getting on camera the instant they arrived so that Jaime/Cara could finish up with Phil first.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:10:37 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Now we have the " Pee your pants if you have too." You know will see this sometime down the line in a future season!

not to soud chauvinistic, but perhaps this lesson applies only to girls, anyone remember Azaria & Hendekea in Burkina Faso? :lol:
That is chauvinistic. The real answer to who is vulnerable is the millions of people (like me) who take diruetics. It is no joke for them. If you are not at the right place at the right time the results can be embarrassing. I had to stop my tour bus so I could relieve myself. In Jen's case drinking a huge quantity of water was the probable cause, but without that she could never have finished the eating ROADBLOCK without serious delay.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
If it weren't for that Port-o-Potty :'(

I'm not so sure it was as close as Phil made it sound. He had enough time to greet J/C, conduct at least a 1:30 mat interview (see insider clips), and have production get them out of the way. That's probably a good 5 minutes in total.

I doubt that J/K went looking for the port-a-potty. They probably spotted it and decided to stop. Unless it takes Jen 5 minutes to pee, it wasn't that close.
nathyn, I have addressed this in another post. See above. The bottom line is that Jen/Kisha were held by WRP production for as long as it took Jaime/Cara to complete their time with Phil. Jen/Kisha had been there for minutes when they first appeared on camera to join Phil.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I never thought of Jen and Kisha as weak, far from it! I don't blame the other teams for not wanting to compete against them in the final 3. Those girls can run!
Well Tammy & Victor use of the U-Turn was one of the smarter uses of these sort of tools (no matter all the bitching at sucks).

1st Victor & Tammy (the last time they absolutely knew) were only ahead of Kisha & Jen.

You only use that sort of tool on people you believe are behind you.

2.  They understood that the final leg has always had some serious running in it.  So then get rid of the fastest team.

3.  The last few seasons have ended in a brain task, I am sure they feel that here they have no direct competition.

So its aboslutely logical to use the U-Turn on Kisha & Jen, in fact either other choice would have been stupid (unless at some point Tammy & Victor were aware that they had passed Margie & Luke and Jaime & Cara).