Author Topic: NBC Planning -Great American Road Trip  (Read 20009 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
NBC Planning -Great American Road Trip
« on: March 11, 2009, 10:30:26 AM »
 :lol: Could anyone say Amazing Race 8? Been there done that!
=========================================================

NBC Planning Family Road-Trip Reality Series
Great American Road Trip is fourth project greenlighted by network's new alternative programming chief Paul Telegdy
By Melissa Grego -- Broadcasting & Cable, 3/10/2009 9:00:00 PM MT

NBC is finalizing a deal to order an eight-episode summer reality series that pits families against each other in a race across the country, competing for a "life-changing" prize.

Great American Road Trip would mark the fourth project the network's new head of alternative programming Paul Telegdy has given the go-ahead to since joining the company in January as Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming, NBC and Universal Media Studios.

The proposed series makes stops at U.S. landmarks, such as the Grand Canyon, as well as more eccentric roadside attractions, such as the world's largest chair.

Seven families compete in themed challenges played largely for laughs. One clan is eliminated each week.

BBC Worldwide developed the show, which is a new format, and will produce it if it goes forward. The format would premiere on NBC.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/189779-NBC_Planning_Family_Road_Trip_Reality_Series.php

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: NBC Planning -Great American Road Trip
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 10:40:27 AM »
Seven families compete in themed challenges played largely for laughs. One clan is eliminated each week.

Hatfield and McCoys?  :lol:

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 07:35:52 PM »
 :lol:  ummm... didn't the "TAR show that will not be named" already visit the "worlds largest chair"?  :groan:  It wasn't that exciting the first time.... and they want to visit it again....   :res:

:funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 07:48:27 PM »
:lol:  ummm... didn't the "TAR show that will not be named" already visit the "worlds largest chair"?  :groan:  It wasn't that exciting the first time.... and they want to visit it again....   :res:

:funny:

Yes and the Brady Bunch visited the Grand Canyon as well  :snicker:

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 04:19:14 AM »
Sorry can't support any nbc show....They are losers.......................................... :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 10:39:29 AM »
premiere July 7

"Great American Road Trip" (8 p.m., NBC): An "Amazing Race"-like series that has families competing along classic Route 66.
One-hour alternative series

Series Premiere Tuesday, July 7th 8/7c
It's time to pack up the RV, load up the kids and head cross-country in the ultimate road trip across America. In the newest addition to NBC's summer schedule, seven families of four from a variety of backgrounds have been selected to take the journey of a lifetime. Over eight episodes, the families travel classic Route 66 through cities large and small, all while competing in a medley of humorous games that will ultimately lead one family to victory. These comical, clever and always surprising challenges are set against iconic American backdrops from the majestic Grand Canyon to the mighty Mississippi. Along the way, our viewers also discover quirky American landmarks ranging from the World's Largest Rocking Chair to the Muffler Men to Cadillac Ranch. Although family fun is the centerpiece of the show, the competition is real as one family is eliminated each week based on their performance in the "end of the road" elimination game. Only one family will return home with the grand prize but all will take home memories of a lifetime from their extraordinary trip across classic Route 66.

http://www.nbc.com/the-great-american-road-trip/
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:05:17 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 11:34:13 AM »
If anyone is interested .. rumor is the 7 teams started on May 18 at Wrigley Field Chicago, IL., traveled to St Louis as well and travelled RT 66 to Albuquerque, NM where they might be right now.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:57:15 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 11:40:38 AM »
So much for my spoilers  :lol: ....

Comedian Reno Collier has been named host of the adventure reality series "Great American Road Trip," NBC announced Monday.   
UPI News Service, 06/01/2009

Comedian Reno Collier has been named host of the adventure reality series "Great American Road Trip," NBC announced Monday.

Produced by BBC Worldwide Productions and set to debut on NBC July 7, the show features seven families from divergent backgrounds going on "the journey of a lifetime," a news release said.

"Collier will guide viewers and the participating families on an eight-episode journey along America's legendary Route 66," NBC said. "Traveling through cities and towns large and small, the seven families, whose hometowns range from Montclair, Calif., to Yonkers, N.Y., will compete in a series of challenges that will ultimately lead one family to victory."

NBC said the show would be set against "iconic American backdrops" such as the Grand Canyon and the St. Louis arch.

"This show is a blast," Collier said in a statement. "I'm having the time of my life. We are checking out everything from the Grand Canyon and Wrigley Field to the world's biggest bottle of ketchup. Seriously, what's better than that? -- I love ketchup."

http://renocollier.com/index.htm?id=12661

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 11:42:44 AM »
8/30/09 (Su.) 7:00 PM NBC (#108) N/A (R) (*)
8/25/09 (Tu.) 8:00 PM NBC (#108) N/A (*)
8/23/09 (Su.) 7:00 PM NBC (#107) N/A (R) (*)
8/18/09 (Tu.) 8:00 PM NBC (#107) N/A (*)
8/16/09 (Su.) 7:00 PM NBC (#106) N/A (R) (*)
8/11/09 (Tu.) 8:00 PM NBC (#106) N/A (*)
8/9/09 (Su.) 7:00 PM NBC (#105) N/A (R) (*)
8/4/09 (Tu.) 8:00 PM NBC (#105) N/A (*)
8/2/09 (Su.) 7:00 PM NBC (#104) N/A (R) (*)
7/28/09 (Tu.) 8:00 PM NBC (#104) N/A (*)
7/26/09 (Su.) 7:00 PM NBC (#103) N/A (R) (*)
7/21/09 (Tu.) 8:00 PM NBC (#103) N/A (*)
7/19/09 (Su.) 7:00 PM NBC (#102) N/A (R) (*)
7/14/09 (Tu.) 8:00 PM NBC (#102) N/A (*)
7/12/09 (Su.) 7:00 PM NBC (#101) N/A (R) (*)
7/7/09 (Tu.) 8:00 PM NBC (#101) N/A (*)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch.aspx?id=great_american_road_trip&view=listings

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 11:45:54 AM »
SORRY having TAR withdrawal here  :knuckles:

NBC's "The Great American Road Trip" will motor through Atlanta

[May 16, 2009]  The rejuvenation of downtown Atlanta Illinois has been a source of pride to not only Atlanta residents but to everyone in Logan County. Buildings once emptied and in disrepair have been restored to their former selves with the addition of the Palms Café and Grill being the latest touch to the historic district.

Although it was always hoped that this restoration of the city's downtown would appeal to area residents as well as tourists traveling the storied Route 66, NBC has also taken an interest in the town.

Atlanta was previously visited by NBC staff to determine if the city should be considered as a part of the backdrop in a new family fun reality show linked with Route 66.

Leslie Cerwin, NBC (Universal) publicist for the new summer series called “The Great American Road Trip" from BBC Worldwide explained the show in a communication.

“The Great American Road Trip is a hilarious and relatable new series where seven families from divergent backgrounds are selected to take the journey of a lifetime. Over eight episodes, the families will travel through cities large and small all the while competing in a medley of humorous challenges that will ultimately lead one family to victory. These comical, clever challenges are set against iconic American backdrops like the majestic Grand Canyon and the mighty Mississippi.

Along the way, the families and viewers will also discover quirky American landmarks ranging from the World's Largest Chair to the Muffler Men and Cadillac Ranch. Although family fun is the centerpiece of the show, the competition is real and one family will be eliminated each week based on their performance in the challenges. Ultimately, only one family will return home with a dream prize that perfectly compliments their extraordinary and memorable summer vacation.”
http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:http://www.lincolndailynews.com/News/today051609_nbc.shtml

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 11:54:31 AM »
05.19.2009 5:38 pm

The Arch multiplies! Reality show shooting on grounds
By Gail Pennington
St. Louis Post-Dispatch

A production company set up mini-arches — six of them, each 14 by 12 feet — on the Gateway Arch grounds Tuesday as part of a shoot for the upcoming NBC reality-competition “Great American Road Race.” The show, due July 7, has seven families crossing the country in RVs following Route 66, seeing the sights and also competing to avoid elimination. The production company wouldn’t even confirm the name of the show, so it’s unclear what the challenge to be filmed Wednesday will involve. I’m thinking: giant croquet.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/tube-talk/tv-news/2009/05/the-arch-multiplies-reality-show-shooting-on-grounds/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 11:59:00 AM »
Nice Interactive MAP of Route 66 here:

http://www.theroadwanderer.net/route66.htm
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 12:01:54 PM »
 May 27, 2009

The new NBC reality show The Great American Road Trip recorded at the Big Texan Steak Ranch today. The show will debut on July 7 and Reno Collier will host. Seven families will travel from Chicago to Los Angeles in RVs and attempt challenges along the way.

http://twitter.com/AgentBodah

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 01:56:32 PM »
The families participating include:

The Coote Family from Lockport, Illinois

Keith (Dad), Jennifer (Mom), Cassidy, 12 and Jake, 9

Keith and Jennifer began as high school sweethearts. Their relationship withstood Keith's time overseas in the U.S. Marines Corps. Keith currently supports his family with his own carpentry work. Jennifer does it all - working during the day, going to school at night, coaching volleyball on the weekends. The couple's mantra is "anything for the kids," including high-energy Jake who, whether playing baseball, watching TV, or sitting in a classroom, makes his presence known. Cassidy, the athletic, academic princess gets what she wants, whenever she wants it.

The Faverey Family from Long Island, New York

Lenny (Dad), Dee (Mom), Dylan, 15 and Ashley, 10

Lenny and Dee have been married for 24 years. Lenny, a Manhattan doorman, has held the same job for over two decades. A stickler for routine, he is very particular about having everything in its place. Dee, a special education teacher's aide, runs a tight ship—and uses push-ups and sit-ups as her main form of "justice." Their daughter, Ashley, is a committed student, but definitely has a taste for the finer things. Her brother, Dylan, is a laid back musician who is happy to let Ashley be the scholar. He is the peacekeeper, with his sense of humor as his first line of defense. This family has never been in an RV.

The Katzeberg Family from Westport, Connecticut

Marc (Dad), Hyleri (Mom), Sami, 15 and Andrew, 14

Marc and Hyleri recently fell in love. Having just formed a "Brady Bunch" family unit, this show will give them a chance to really get to know each other. Hyleri's daughter Sami, and Marc's son Andrew, quickly bonded over accusing the other of being high maintenance. The truth is, they all have a little "diva" in them. However, Marc and Hyleri are also active philanthropists and instill this in their kids. Sami is a natural entertainer who makes her voice heard. Andrew is a ladies' man who enjoys flirting. Each member of the family likes to be the center of attention and adores themselves—and each other.

The Montgomery Family from Montclair, California

Darius (Dad), Alecia (Mom), Darius Ross, 15 and Tylier, 11

Darius and Alecia have been married for over 15 years. They are a religious, family-oriented couple. Darius is an ex-U.S. Marine who runs a tight unit. Alecia is a pre-school teacher who is extremely competitive and out to win at all times. The couple has two sons, Darius Jr., a strong student and natural athlete involved in programs at Montclair College and UCLA. Younger brother Tylier will be a match for Darius some day. He is also an athlete and in the gifted program at school. Tylier aspires to be a judge or attorney.

The Pollard Family from Newton, Alabama

Ron (Dad), Amie (Mom), Aaron, 17 and Anslie, 12

The Pollards are a close-knit Southern family. Ron and Amie met in high school. Through many years of hard work and sacrifice, they have built their dream home near the beach. Ron is a homebuilder who loves fishing and hunting. Amie, a gregarious radio host, wears the pants in the family. They have two kids, Aaron and Anslie. Aaron plays varsity football and baseball and is on the gymnastics team "to meet girls." Anslie is the apple of her mother's eye and has several beauty pageant crowns in her collection. As a family, the Pollards love to hunt, watch NASCAR and watch college football.

The Rico Family from Katy, Texas

Ricardo (Dad), Erica (Mom), Danielle, 13, and Ricky, 8

Erica owns her own advertising business and is dictator of her family. Ricardo, a spiritual man and the peacekeeper of the family, is also in the advertising business. The kids, Danielle and Ricky, love to play soccer, baseball and say they never lose—because their mom won't let them. Ricky is a prankster and he loves to do impersonations of people. He also loves to read. Danielle follows in her father's more relaxed footsteps, but she's got her mother's genes and isn't afraid to use them.

The DiSalvatore Family from Yonkers, New York

Silvio (Dad), Amy (Mom), Mason, 16 and Blake, 13

Silvio and Amy have been married for over 20 years. Silvio, a stay-at-home dad, rocks a distinct '80s look. He is the driving force behind the loud East Coast Italian-American family. Amy, a medical insurance administrator, is a classic Italian mom who will do anything for her boys. Mason, the diplomat, is the only "normal" member of the outrageous family. With aspirations of becoming a lawyer, Mason gets his fair share of practice settling family disputes. Blake is a Silvio-in-training who has never been unplugged from his video games for more than three days.

http://www.poptower.com/news/5094/great-american-road-trip-reno-collier-host.htm

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 11:36:13 PM »
They are now in Oatman, Arizona

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 08:55:19 AM »
Hmmm, no lesbian, gay, bisexual, transexual, transgendered based families?  :res:

How reflective is that of American culture? I predict a ratings disaster.  :groan:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 10:11:59 AM »
Hmmm, no lesbian, gay, bisexual, transexual, transgendered based families?  :res:

How reflective is that of American culture? I predict a ratings disaster.  :groan:
Oh come on, more people to love or hate plus we could make fun of them  :yess:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 11:01:22 PM »
I guess I enjoyed TAR8 more than most and I am looking forward to this program.  My expectations aren't that high so I won't be disappointed if it is a dud.

I just hope there are a lot of hot Moms.   ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 11:19:34 PM »
I guess I enjoyed TAR8 more than most and I am looking forward to this program.  My expectations aren't that high so I won't be disappointed if it is a dud.

I just hope there are a lot of hot Moms.   ;D

TAR8 cast was awesome, its what held that season together for me. My expectations aren't that high either Pedaler, to me it depends on the cast.
On another note .. I'm surprised we don't have more sightings of the teams or photos yet.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 10:47:48 AM »
this show look like it will b funn to watch, one of my fav tar races was the family addition. jmo i think i am going to like this show but it better not interfer with bb, or c u down the road lol.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 04:31:58 PM »
I think its over!!  :jumpy: .. now we wait for promos.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 03:51:18 PM »
I saw a commercial yesterday and now theres a promo on NBC

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 03:54:51 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 03:54:36 PM »