Author Topic: American Idol Final 13 Performance Discussion  (Read 10343 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
American Idol Final 13 Performance Discussion
« on: March 11, 2009, 01:42:31 AM »
Lil Rounds, 23, Memphis, Tenn., “The Way You Make Me Feel”:
She was good! What a way to kick off the show and put pressure on all the other contestants! I was grooving to her song and although she had a weak start, but that's just because it's the pressure of being the first. Overall, a good but forgettable performance. Simon was spot on, "lazy song choice" and like what i've mentioned, forgettable.

Scott MacIntyre, 23, Scottsdale, Ariz., “Keep the Faith”:
For me, the ending was abit rough for me as he was nearly finishing the song. But it was a good performance and i enjoyed it. Weird song choice, Simon and Randy was right.. it was abit too safe for me.

Danny Gokey, 28, Milwaukee, “Pretty Young Thing”:
Powerful vocals, powerful performance. Weak starting but i'm impressed. Funny dancing though and it was a very "free" performance, just going all out. Great, best so far.

Michael Sarver, 27, Jasper, Texas, “You Are Not Alone”:
Wow, he has got a good voice. I love his song choice and I got chills just from listening him sing. He can sing, and as an oil rigger and in this current economy the everyday working man is going to touch the hearts of America. I thought he could be in danger in the top 13, but what i heard was big passion. Great, he's going to be safe.

Jasmine Murray, 17, Starkville, Miss., “I’ll Be There”:
I like her performance. It was definitely better than my expectation and i think she did good. She's going to have a hard time surviving though, as the wildcard with the lowest popularity. And i think she lacked abit of self-confidence and kinda lost focus halfway through the song while singing. I really hope she gets through to the next round though. I like her. :)

Kris Allen, 23, Conway, Ark. “Do You Remember the Time”:
Being the guy who seems to be flying the radar and still not making any impression, i think he did well enough to survive another week. It was abit boring at times during his performance. But it was good.

Allison Iraheta, 16, Los Angeles, “Give In To Me”:
It was a performance true to herself, it was very good and i think she rocked the stage! Not as good as her previous performance, but it was definitely good enough for me. And i think she'll make it to the top 6 at least, if she continues to take the stage and impress, and surprises us sometimes perhaps with a sexy song choice or what. :funny:

Anoop Desai, 21, Chapel Hill, “Beat It”:
Wow, he has got big fans now! Big likable personality and it's hard not to like him! Wow, blown away by his performance, wasn't the best vocals. But wow, i enjoyed it totally. Love his performance and i think he did good! I hope he stays! Totally disagreed with the judges. I like it! :funny: But I think he's in trouble...

Jorge Nunez, 20, Carolina, Puerto Rico, “Never Can Say Goodbye”:
He previously gave me the impression that he can sing, and he proved it to me today again. HOWEVER, his song choice was cheesy, unexciting, boring and it might really put him in danger. I didn't like it and it was one of those "i don't care and am going to fast forward" performances. :( I'm going to say he's going to be in some danger tomorrow as well.

Megan Corkrey, 22, Sandy, Utah, “Rockin’ Robin”:
I really really like Megan and I thought that was the most awww video for the night. I enjoyed her performance at least and i think an enjoyable performance is better than a boring performance!

Adam Lambert, 26, Los Angeles, “Black or White”:
Incredible vocals. Good performance. Love the song, and i think it made Paula hopelessly impressed and love him to the depth. Anyway, i do realize sometimes he appears to be screaming or shrieking.. gotta be careful. But tonight he was exceptional! But he took the stage amazingly! Love his performance, was blown away by him!

Matt Giraud, 23, Kalamazoo, Mich., “Human Nature”:
Soulful performance, great piano and great singing. He can hit the high notes and that's amazing. Seriously. He's not going to win with all those crazy guys around.. but he's going to go far if he continue to do well.

Alexis Grace, 20, Memphis, Tenn., “Dirty Diana”:
I love the singing, the attitude and i think she's great. Love her loads and i hope she stays! And i think she's going to and continue to impress us for another few weeks. She really looked like a star and worked the stage like an artist! Love love love her!

My Top 3 performances:
1. Adam
2. Allison
3. Alexis

My Bottom 3 performances:
1. Jorge
2. Kris
3. Jasmine

Who I think might be in DANGER:
1. Jorge
2. Kris
3. Jasmine
4. Megan

Who I think will be going home:
1. Jorge
2. Jasmine :'( :(

But i'm going to give props to the Top 13. A totally enjoyable performance night. At least more than half blew me away and i've got to say, best Top 12/13 finalists EVER! Now i seriously hope Kris and Jorge are going home tomorrow and that all the girls will at least survive another round. :'(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: American Idol Final 13 Performance Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 01:45:21 AM »
DialIdol Predictions -

Shocked that Allison is at the bottom, but hope it does not indicate she's going home. But i've got to say Jorge, Jasmine, Kris and Megan might be toast.. going from their performance and how the line busy signal shows.. and Anoop is just too likable to be going home. Based on the votes at least. But the judges might always pull out a new twist and eliminate one person they choose.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »
I am fairly certain Jorge is gong home, which is sad because he hasn't been able to show his power. Michael Jackson songs are not what he should be singing. Simon hated his performance and also the arrangement which is not Jorge's fault. Simon gave him the KOD critique. I hate that one of the more interesting and different singers will be gone.

I'm not sure who else will be going, I think we heard some iffy singing last night. Jasmine, who I like, was flat. There is no other word for it. Anoop picked the absolute worst song to sing, "Beat It." You just never pick a song so identified with another singer and it was detrimental to him. All four judges slammed him with the KOD from Simon. If DialIdol numbers hold up and they usually do, he will be safe.

I was not enamored with Kris Allen and even before Simon made his comment about the wife, I told my hubby that it was a bad mistake. You want the young girls calling in.  :lol:

I didn't like Danny's song choice, "PYT" (Pretty Young Thing) but I like him and the judges like him.

I know this isn't PC and I will probably get hate mail, but I think Scott is one of the weaker singers this season. Both Simon and Randy made comments that should be a warning to him, pick better songs and step it up or you'll be gone.

Adam Lambert is just way above and beyond the others. He's not in the same league. I think he can screech and go over the top but he's got "IT," he's the total package performance, appearance and showmanship. He's got to be careful though, not to be suggestive with the crotch/hand thing (i.e. when he sang Satisfaction) because this is a family show.

I loved Lil Rounds, she looked beautiful and fie on Simon for critiquing her outfit.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 01:06:37 PM »
My thoughts on tonight.

Lil Rounds - It was good, but not great. I wasn't blown away. She'll be fine though.

Scott MacIntyre - Too safe in my opinion, but I still love him for his feel.

Danny Gokey - Vocal-wise, this is the guy to beat. Somehow I'm not really crazy over him now. Anyone thinks his dance moves bring a Taylor Hicks feel? Lol!

Michael Sarver - Thought he'd be in danger this week but after his heartfelt performance, he's so staying. And America loves him! I really like him, I think he's very humble and down-to-earth.

Jasmine Murray - I thought her performance was pretty forgettable and the song was a little too dark. She could be in danger this week.

Kris Allen - Not my favourite performance, but enough to buy him another week I guess. He's really likeable.

Allison Iraheta - One of my favourites of the night. She can really sing. But she shouldn't do the same thing week after week, it's gonna get boring. Hope America votes for her tonight!

Anoop Desai - I thought the performance was rather forgettable. But I like him, and I'm sure he'll be around, America loves him too!

Jorge Nunez - Totally wrong song choice. He could be going home this week. Which is a pity, he's such a nice guy and he does have a great voice.

Megan Corkrey - Another wrong song choice, another one that will probably be in danger. And it feels that she's doing the same genres of songs week after week. She's got to start doing some different things, otherwise she'll be gone pretty soon. But I really like her!

Adam Lambert - Best performance of the night in my opinion, I loved it. I really like him now, rooting for him all the way!

Matt Giraud - Simon's right, it's hard to impress being behind Adam. I thought it was a good performance, didn't blow me away though.

Alexis Grace - The judges commented that it's a little overdone but I loved the performance. I really like her, but a part of me is worried she might be in trouble just due to her number. Please don't let that be! Hee.

My rankings of performance:
1. Adam Lambert
2. Allison Iraheta (please vote for her)
3. Alexis Grace
4. Danny Gokey
5. Michael Sarver
6. Lil Rounds
7. Scott Macintyre
8. Matt Giraud
9. Kris Allen
10. Megan Corkrey
11. Anoop Desai
12. Jorge Nunez
13. Jasmine Murray (simply cos I can't remember anything about it)

Who I think will be in trouble
1. Jorge Nunez
2. Megan Corkrey
3. Jasmine Murray

Guess any of these three could go home, I'm hoping it's Jorge and Jasmine, hee.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 02:34:37 PM »
well after watching last night i am hooked  :hearts: :hearts: :funny: :funny: i realy thought espsely at the begining when the judges came out like they were prise fighters,lame jmo i though oh great i am going to hat the show this year??
but no i loved it i forgot how indering the contestans r, and how i love to rout for them, i thought the show was realy good, i don't think i would have started out with mj songs on the frist night , but not my choice..

i loved matt on the paino i though he was great it is to bad he followed adam and also matt did not get hardly any air time, the show at that point was running long, the judges ziped trew him  :meow: :meow: not fair.

i like kris he reminded me of the switchfoot brothers his out fit and the way he plays and sings i realy liked him also.
i feel realy bad for jorge he has to learn a song in enlish handy cap then try to rember it in english , then get judged in english i don't think he understood what he was singing and or what the judges said . he has an awsome voice i woulld love to here him sing the veadelarosa. i no i speeled it wrong sry , well something in spanish he would b ably to put his heart into it and would blow us all away.

megan looked sillly but sounded good
alexis was great
scott was not good worse of the night for me
jasmine was ok i wish she had done a mj earlyer song to match her 70's out fit loved that!!
michael was awsome and a great suprise i though he was going to b horrable.
danny was great  but not as great as he has been love him the most..
lil r was good
anoop awfull i hope he is the one going by by
allison was great i love it when she sing a heart song i hope she gets to sing another one.

so going home i hope it is scott or anoop or jasmine i think those were the worst last night. jmo
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 02:49:55 PM »
What will the twist be for tonight? Two singers leave... or not??
Here's one thought:

Ryan Seacrest Interviews Ken Warwick About the Twist - One Time Only Veto Power?
Published March 11th, 2009 in Ken Warwick, Ryan Seacrest, AI Season 8 and American Idol Experience. Tags: Ken Warwick, Ryan Seacrest.
Ken Warwick Ryan Seacrest

Ryan Seacrest interviewed Ken Warwick on his radio program today.  Ken says the “new rule” that will be introduced tonight came about to solve a “problem that’s been around since Season 1.”

Ken says they tried the rule out in the French version of Idol first.

According to the Wikipedia entry for Nouvelle Star, in the last series, the judges were able to exercise a one time veto on an eliminated contestant at any point in the competition.  The judges used their veto during the first week, sparing a contestant named Kristov, who was eventually eliminated 3 weeks later.

According to poster Valentin432, here’s how the new rule worked in  France:

The judge get a veto power, it means that they can save one contestant during the whole season.

It works the following way, after the contestant(s) was eliminated, the judges have a meeting and decide if he is worth saving or not. If they decide he deserved it they give him another chance and the following week they start the show with the same contestants.

If it is a one-time only veto, I’m still not liking it, but I can live with it–much better than a weekly sing-off between the bottom dwellers, with the judges choosing who goes home.

Of course, the American version of the rule might be tweaked a little. For instance, a double elimination would occur the next week to make up for the reprieve since AI cannot be extended another week.

If a rule like this had been in place in prior seasons, Tamyra Gray, Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry, Michael Johns, and Constantine Maroulis may have lasted on the show longer…

But then, what’s American Idol without it’s yearly shock boot?  That’s controversy right there.  And AI thrives on controversy…

Source: http://mjsbigblog.com/ryan-seacrest-interviews-ken-warwick-about-the-twist-one-time-only-veto-power.htm

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 06:03:53 PM »
ty tl so what did ryan say i wonder.? he would no more i would think, being the host and all, if they have a sing off tonight like they said they would than y not have one every week.
the other show randy jackson produces abdc, does that type of elmanation every week. the 2 bottom dewellers as they called them have a dance off and the judges get the final say who goes. i like that because it a gives the judges more control and b makes every one step up there game , also they don't seame to b as cocky to the judges. it is not allways the way i would want it (the team getting another chance) but i have watched 2 seasons and well 3 and the best dance crew allways wins,imo , so if applyed to ai if they had a sing off every week it would stay the same week wise time wise the votes would count and someone like dautry could win insted of taylor hicks. i am looking fw to tonight...
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 08:35:12 PM »
ty tl so what did ryan say i wonder.? he would no more i would think, being the host and all, if they have a sing off tonight like they said they would than y not have one every week.
the other show randy jackson produces abdc, does that type of elmanation every week. the 2 bottom dewellers as they called them have a dance off and the judges get the final say who goes. i like that because it a gives the judges more control and b makes every one step up there game , also they don't seame to b as cocky to the judges. it is not allways the way i would want it (the team getting another chance) but i have watched 2 seasons and well 3 and the best dance crew allways wins,imo , so if applyed to ai if they had a sing off every week it would stay the same week wise time wise the votes would count and someone like dautry could win insted of taylor hicks. i am looking fw to tonight...

Tory, not sure what Ryan said. I do like that someone who had a bad night will be able to get a reprieve.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 09:43:20 PM »
I think the judges will use them on people like Adam, Danny, Allison and Lil who are suprisingly voted off and seriously have a shot at winning. Don't think the judges will use it on... Megan since they already gave her a second shot at wildcard.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 10:23:58 PM »
The rumors turn out to be true. The new twist: "The Judges Save." Because of the uproar in the past when good singers like Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry, Michael Johns and Tamyra Gray left too early, American Idol decided to have a one time, one contestant save. This will be in effect until either one contestant is given a reprieve or until they get to the top five left. It must be unanimous. Once they use it, no one will be eliminated but the next week two singers will be eliminated.

I agree with Joab, they will save it for someone who has a serious chance of winning and someone who wasn't already given a second chance.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 10:27:35 PM »
Jasmine Murray and Jorge Nunez were eliminated.

:(
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:19:02 AM by TexasLady »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 11:28:48 PM »
OMG, I hate it.. i'm at 14/15 for my predictions this round. I was really disappointed when Jasmine went. She's such a sweetie! :'(

And poor Jorge.. he probably got screwed with a bad song as well. A good singer eliminated.. but there are really better singers still in the competition.

Anyway, kudos to the judges for giving Kelly Clarkson a standing ovation after her performance..

I'm really liking this season. Everyone is a good singer and it really sucks to see anyone go! This should be the best American Idol season yet. It's the top 13 and we already have 33 million votes. This is just amazing. Love season 8!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 07:35:38 AM »
Well, it's late anyways, but I thought one thing the whole time: No. More. Michael Jackson. Week. After not liking Anoop's, Megan's, Jorge's & Jasmine's and getting shrilled out by Adam's & Allison's, bored by Kris's, Alexis's & Lil's and unimpressed by Michael's & Scott's performance, it was sort of...ehhh. However, I agree. We have GREAT talents this season and anyone left would make a great winner (barring another disastrous song choice week, of course. ;))
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 10:26:42 AM by Raymond »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 08:22:15 AM »
I agree Raymond, they force them to sing these songs then rag on them about not matching the original.  :'(

We do have a talented group this year, I'm enjoying them all and will miss the ones who leave.  :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 09:18:33 AM »
I agree Raymond, they force them to sing these songs then rag on them about not matching the original.  :'(

We do have a talented group this year, I'm enjoying them all and will miss the ones who leave.  :(

I agree. It's going to be a disappointment.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 12:53:33 PM »
Well the results were as I'd expected, but it was sad to see Jasmine go. To be given a second chance, only for it to be crushed so soon. I'd of course rather have her leave than Megan but it was still sad. As for Jorge, good singer no doubt, nice guy, but he lacks the personality. Yep, this is an awesome bunch of people, it's hard to think who'll go next, it'll be sad seeing someone leave too. Oh well. Adam, Alexis, Allison, Scott, Megan for the win! And I'm really liking Kris, Michael, Matt and Anoop as well. The only person I don't really like is Danny, but seeing his huge fan-base, he's gonna be on the screen for a long time.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 08:08:08 PM »
The only person I don't really like is Danny, but seeing his huge fan-base, he's gonna be on the screen for a long time.

Ruth, we're the same all over again.

Adam, Alexis, Allison, Scott, Megan

We even have the same top 5. :groan:

:funny:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 08:24:05 PM »
LOL. I love Danny, Matt, Allison, Alexis & Lil. I don't like Adam, but he does sing well. And I don't know why, but I have a sinking gut feeling Megan, Scott & Anoop are next.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 02:21:29 AM »
I like Danny, Adam, Lil and Alexis :groan:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 09:28:04 AM »
For me, I have different perspectives. I'm pretty sure Allison, Lil, Alexis, Danny, Adam and Scott will solidly be in our top 6. And Scott might even go all the way to the final 3.. or even final 2.

I have this feeling because here in Singapore, we had a singing competition which a blind guy also took part in and even though he wasn't the best, but with decent singing.. he went on to win the competition and although this really sounds bad.. many people voted for him because they pitied or were inspired that despite his handicap, he sings good.

The only person whom i think will even have a shot at the final 6 is Matt, if he sings good each week and continue to impress. I guess Anoop, Megan, Kris, Michael will be in huge danger soon...

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 12:23:19 PM »
^^ I agree Joab, that sounds like a possible final 6. Scott will go far, due to his ability to really touch hearts. But I doubt he'll make the final two, unless he's gonna bring something different. To me, he's somewhat like Melinda Doolittle, who's better at slower songs I guess. He needs to show some versatility. That'll be a good final 6 (other than Danny), it evens out the guys and girls! I have a feeling Megan goes next =(

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 03:08:16 PM »
 :ascared what y  don;t u like danny?? r u guys tone def ??? scott is not the best , he doen't conect like a steve wonder does and he is not 1/2 as good as kris, and jmo can't touch danny..

i think anoop or megan will go soon. jmo
my top picks r

danny #1
kris #2
allison#3
matt#4
the rest don't care
alex's is good but don't care..jmo

and adam i don't get how they say he is in a leg of his own, the sound guys r going nutz trying to adjust the sound for him he is way over the top and he is no chris dautry sry i don't get it from him..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2009, 10:49:01 PM »
For me and Ruth, we don't like Danny because he seems the most fake out of all contestant. He just seems unreal and doesn't seem to be himself during the performance, he seems to be very unfriendly and as i put it.. there is something "sinister" about him. Don't get very good vibes from him, and thus don't really like him.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2009, 11:27:08 PM »
I agree with Tory. I don't really sense anything bad about Danny. However, I do agree that Michael, Anoop, Megan & Kris are toast.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2009, 10:14:01 AM »
joab i think danny is awsome bc he is real.. jmo if u r getting anything off him it is he is such a front runner he is trying not to b a show off..again jmo, how could u not think a guy who takes u into his home and dances like that not b real he is as real as it gets if u ask me..i think danny has a lot of advantages in this compation bc he leads worship at his church so he is very commfy in front of a lot of ppl , i use to be on our worship team and i was on it for like 5 yrs . so the church i go to now has like 3000 members, that is a lot of ppl to sing in front of every week allso u r voice is allways in tune, bc of rehersels and well u just end up realy fine tuning u r voice, i don't no danny but i do no his suitution, so i hope u and ruth give him another chance... :kuss:
tv junky needs help!!!!!