Author Topic: Episode 4: East Coast live show updates and commentary  (Read 46616 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Episode 4: East Coast live show updates and commentary
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2009, 08:06:08 PM »
It looks like JT loses the tooth

Can't beleive the evil TAR peeps are making those poor Racers run around in their undies in Siberia!!!
Someone had a thong on! Jodi I think! LOL

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2009, 08:08:10 PM »
It looks like JT loses the tooth

Can't beleive the evil TAR peeps are making those poor Racers run around in their undies in Siberia!!!
Someone had a thong on! Jodi I think! LOL

Thanks! Immunity challenge? Must be really physical! I was hoping it was Coach lol! :lol:

Yes it was Jodi, looks like a naughty challenge! Survivor style! Random russian dude whistling at Cara!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2009, 08:09:59 PM »
NEXT TIME ON .. THE AMAZING RACE:

Phil: Luke gets a reputation for using the U-Turn.
Voice on a train: Luke's starting a new archetype ... Sinister!

Phil: ... and in the Siberian winter, teams grin and bare it.
Teams race through snowy streets in swimsuits and their skivvies!

Oh, and according to the Survivor preview, a guy loses a tooth in the challenge!! 

Yup, did they say who? Many thanks!

Good TAR episode, my love for TAR has just came back. :hearts:

Same here, love the amazing episode. With the exception that my tv was spoilt and i had to hit it ten times every minute and was pissing throughout the show. -_-

But i believe even if Margie and Luke hadn't use the U-TURN, Amanda and Kris would probably still be in last place. :( Eighth place is a curse for the U-TURNed team. Amanda and Kris just got Danielled and Danied. LOL.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2009, 08:11:29 PM »
Hey guys, is the pitstop greeter a male or female?? :funny:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2009, 08:14:09 PM »
So sorry it was Christie who was in the preview, didn't differentiate until now. :groan:

Joab, it was both female and Male.

Amanda and Kris look like a sweet couple! Just like Kris and Jon!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2009, 08:16:55 PM »
So sorry it was Christie who was in the preview, didn't differentiate until now. :groan:

Joab, it was both female and Male.

Amanda and Kris look like a sweet couple! Just like Kris and Jon!

They worked well and i seriously would love them go further!! :'(

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2009, 08:18:50 PM »
NEXT TIME ON .. THE AMAZING RACE:

Phil: Luke gets a reputation for using the U-Turn.
Voice on a train: Luke's starting a new archetype ... Sinister!

Phil: ... and in the Siberian winter, teams grin and bare it.
Teams race through snowy streets in swimsuits and their skivvies!

Oh, and according to the Survivor preview, a guy loses a tooth in the challenge!! 

Yup, did they say who? Many thanks!

Good TAR episode, my love for TAR has just came back. :hearts:

Same here, love the amazing episode. With the exception that my tv was spoilt and i had to hit it ten times every minute and was pissing throughout the show. -_-

But i believe even if Margie and Luke hadn't use the U-TURN, Amanda and Kris would probably still be in last place. :( Eighth place is a curse for the U-TURNed team. Amanda and Kris just got Danielled and Danied. LOL.

Hmm would knows but maybe Mark and Michael wasted quite a bit of time settling the money problem, would have been closer though.

I dunno about you people but seems like Karma was at it again when it went against Luke in the roadblock...Now they are calling him sinister.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2009, 08:20:43 PM »
I sure don't approve of Margie and Luke using the U-TURN.. but when they said it was to give Cara and Jaime more time.. AWWW.

BUT, they could have U-TURNed Mark and Michael!!! (:;) :funny:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2009, 08:23:35 PM »
Great leg!

Wow, I never would've expected Margie & Luke to use the U-Turn!  But once I found that out (and thanks to knowing that Christie & Jodi, LaKisha & Jen and Mark & Michael were way ahead), I kind of figured Amanda & Kris would get the U-Turn.  IIRC, Margie & Luke had a loose alliance with Tammy & Victor (I don't know if it still works now) and have one with Cara & Jamie so those two teams were out, and Mel & Mike were a weaker team.  As Margie & Luke correctly realized, Amanda & Kris were strong, so they targeted them.

I also wonder how long it took for Amanda & Kris to find out who used the Blind U-Turn on them.  It should be interesting to find out.

Belle Book

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2009, 08:24:30 PM »
Maybe we'll find out during Elimination Station. I hope CBS posts it tonight.
Just here to visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2009, 08:30:05 PM »
What i really hope was Amanda and Kris staying.. it could have.. made the race more interesting next week.. Imagine -

NEXT WEEK ON THE AMAZING RACE -
Amanda and Kris confront Margie and Luke for the U-TURN..

:meow:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2009, 08:45:50 PM »
All the wonderful racers who have incredible taste, of course love DUKE!

I can think of several racers who do not love Duke because they are not baketball fans, typically female.

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2009, 08:54:06 PM »
I think this episode was on par with the first one, IMO, with the exception of Phil spoiling the episode. :res: When they first showed the "find the Verzasca Dam based on this photo", I thought it was the only clue like that they'd have on the show, but the "find the dam on the back of the 10 rouble bill" was clever too. That detour was tough, and apparently the roadblock was too (though Cara [or Jaime] guessing and getting it right the first try was pretty funny). I was a bit surprised Margie & Luke U-Turned, but ehh. I just think it's weirder that already after 4 episodes, there's no chance that a dating/married couple is going to win this race. And congrats to Christie & Jodi for proving that anything is possible, even for those who speak Spanish in Switzerland (I'm joking, I think I'm love with you two now). Great episode, hope that next week's follows up with the underwear-in-snowstorm jogging challenge.

EDIT: By the way, THANK YOU editors for not making this episode exclusively about Margie & Luke (though it veered fairly close) or Tammy & Victor, thank you for changing the previews. I've got mixed feelings about the preview change, though.
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2009, 09:04:51 PM »
Jamie and Cara were good this episode, funny moments, good racing and good perserverance. Especially the Lufthansa Cara part when she faked Mark(or Michael) out on the phone. It was funny that the guys bought that. :lol:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2009, 09:05:46 PM »
Amanda/Kris, 10:53 pm.
He can't pronounce Kras-NOY-arsk.
(****. I would literally cream myself to go there.)
Neither can Kisha/Jen, at 10:53.
Margie/Luke don't even try, at 10:56.
Midgets can't even pronounce Siberia.

Flight Attendants leave pronouncing things adequately.
Jamie/Cara come close.

mswood, I have different notes than you do on Margie/Luke. Their release time was 1106pm, not 1056pm.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2009, 09:07:33 PM »
Jamie and Cara were good this episode, funny moments, good racing and good perserverance. Especially the Lufthansa Cara part when she faked Mark(or Michael) out on the phone. It was funny that the guys bought that. :lol:

Season's Best Moment YET. :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2009, 09:09:30 PM »
EDIT: By the way, THANK YOU editors for not making this episode exclusively about Margie & Luke (though it veered fairly close) or Tammy & Victor, thank you for changing the previews. I've got mixed feelings about the preview change, though.

Yes! I saw more Kisha and Jen, Christie and Jodi, Cara and Jaime and Mark and Michael! :hearts:

Christie and Jodi were fun and i don't know why.. is it me or is it all the teams dislike all the all-female teams? They see them as sneaky and don't really like all the 3 teams. :duno:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2009, 09:19:16 PM »

Yes! I saw more Kisha and Jen, Christie and Jodi, Cara and Jaime and Mark and Michael! :hearts:

Christie and Jodi were fun and i don't know why.. is it me or is it all the teams dislike all the all-female teams? They see them as sneaky and don't really like all the 3 teams. :duno:

Kisha and Jen deserved to win this leg, unlucky they couldnt find the main entrance into the theatre.

Maybe they just don't like getting beaten by girls! Its a man ego thing...I wouldn't like to get beaten by girls too! Just physical stuff only. :lol:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2009, 09:54:12 PM »
I thought the taxi fares were a bit high. The 8000 rubles that Mark/Michael mentioned when they had only 5000 rubles would be $286(Nov. 2008 exchange rate of 28). That is a lot for going from the airport to Krasnoyarsk and then around Krasnoyarsk. That airport is 37 km from Krasnoyarsk.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2009, 10:00:24 PM »
OMG What a naughty task!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2009, 10:11:20 PM »
I am shocked.  Just . . . shocked.  With two legs in Siberia, I really figured that one would be a non-elimination leg.  But when Amanda & Kris gave their confessional how sure of themselves they were (being young and fit and all that), I had a feeling that this leg might be an elimination leg.  And then, Margie & Luke got worried about how strong and fast Kris was, and I had a feeling that they'd get U-Turned.  Finally, Amanda & Kris bitched about getting U-Turned, and I knew they were toast.

And my thoughts?  Good.  I liked them okay, but they really were the last generic team left.  So now that we've got seven really unique teams left in the race, I'm definitely going to be happy with whomever takes the big prize in the end.

Oh, and Christie & Jodi winning the leg?  FINE BY ME!  They really earned it!  Kisha & Jen would've had Kisha not botched the Roadblock and then missed the entrance to the theater.  This is the first time since All-Stars that two women's teams have taken the top two spots on a leg (as Dustin & Kandice and Charla & Mirna had three one-two finishes)!  Excellent episode, indeed!

And yes, Poo.  The women's teams did do well this week (Jaime & Cara's Detour struggle notwithstanding).  Really amazing that they all made it through four legs unscathed!  But I think that's as far as they're going before the first one takes a hit.

Okay.  Team analyses:

Christie & Jodi: Well-earned victory, indeed.  They thought smart in their Detour choice and stayed calm despite Christie's Roadblock struggle.  They were also smart to look up flights ahead of time and got ahead because of it.  I enjoyed seeing them own this leg, and I hope it's the start of them turning their performances around.

Kisha & Jen: Another really solid leg after last week's great leg.  They did just as well as Christie & Jodi save for Kisha's Roadblock brain fart.  I think if they'd just run to the right entrance of the theater, they'd have won the leg, for sure.

Tammy & Victor: Nice recovery this week.  They made good time with the Detour, Victor did well with the Roadblock, and they made up for their near-elimination the greatest of ease.  Congratulations to them.  I actually liked Victor a lot better this week, too.

Margie & Luke: Good job at the Detour, and it was smart to U-Turn Amanda & Kris since, as they said, they are strong and threatening (especially Kris).  Luke really had trouble with that Roadblock, but good on him to try writing down different combinations of letters.  But I hope they don't become the villain team next week.

Jaime & Cara: Jaime really panicked at the Detour when their wall started to fall, but good on Cara for staying as calm as she could, and keeping Jaime from going over the top.  But girls, please stop the "no need for boys!" thing.  It was cute in your Insider videos, but it could get old here.

Mel & Mike: Lowest finish so far, and all because of a.) messing up at the Stack Detour and b.) messing up at finding the delivery location of the Construct Detour.  Mel cleaned up at the Roadblock, though, so of the bottom three teams, they deserved to finish ahead of all of them.

Mark & Michael: They could've easily nailed a place in the top three if they'd just started over with the stacking or just not messed it up.  Switching Detours slowed them down, and failing to find the house slowed them down even more.  Michael also failed to pay close enough attention at the Roadblock, but good job figuring out the answer right away upon getting all seven letters.  I'm sure losing all their money will hurt them going forward, though.  They're very lucky Amanda & Kris got U-Turned, or they would've been toast.

Amanda & Kris: Switching Detours was the catalyst for their demise.  Not finding the house location in time made things worse for them.  Getting U-Turned by Margie & Luke was the clincher.  I'm okay with this ending, though.  They were a strong, solid team, but also very, very, very generic, and, to be honest, kind of boring.  So I'm not sad to see them go.

Oh, and I'd have probably done Stack for the Detour, but wouldn't have been opposed to doing Construct, either.

So . . . after episode four:

LOVE: Christie/Jodi, Kisha/Jen, Tammy/Victor, Margie/Luke, Jaime/Cara, Mel/Mike, Mark/Michael
LIKE: No one
NEUTRAL: No one
DISLIKE: No one
HATE: No one

Oh, my God!  What a great season indeed!  For me, only loves are left!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 12:17:56 AM by Ashe »
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2009, 11:15:01 PM »
While I don't really care for any of the aspects of the race that allow you to slow down another team, it is part of the race.  And my biggest problem with it has been illogical uses of it (Yeah BJ & TYler I am so talking to you), and not being upfront about it (especially with us the viewers (Hi Dustin & Kandice I am talking to you).  It looks like next week Luke is honest about it (I hope).

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2009, 11:35:16 PM »
Or somehow, word gets out that he did it. But no one saw them U-Turn so perhaps he spills the beans. We'll see.
Just here to visit.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2009, 11:38:01 PM »
Cara & Jaime get a bit catty as Amanda does not stack wood.
Well, that confirms my thoughts that the editors were, indeed, portraying her as useless (even though she clearly wasn't).
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2009, 11:46:46 PM »
No, based on Mark & Michael stalling during their money problems, I think they could've made it.  Plus, Danielle & Dani weren't the only eighth-place-finishers to be Yielded or U-Turned out of the race.  So were Lorena & Jason in TAR12.
Jamison