Author Topic: American Idol 8: Last group of 12 Perform! Join the discussion!  (Read 14270 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I'm watching this and pausing it as I comment singer after singer, like the judges. :funny:

Von Smith - “You All I Need to Get By” by Marvin Gaye
I think it started our rocky. There's just something that's lacking about him.. probably a likability factor. He started the show well though, like what the judges said.. got into his own league after the start and it was overall a good performance. A wildcard pick for sure, and possibly another top 12 finalists. But i don't think he might be a shoo-in.

Taylor Vaifanua - "If I Got You" by Alicia Keys
It was very bland and like what Simon said, it was forgettable and not an amazing performance.. thus, we can't remember her. No Top 12 chance, no Wildcard chance.

Alex Wagner-Trugman - "That's Why They Call it the Blues"
It was horrible, tasteless and i compare it in the league of Norman Gentle. I had such a hard time getting through it. The yelling was horrible and it was seriously irritating. If neither Tatiana nor Norman make it through.. byebye.

Arianna Afsar - "The Winner Takes it All" by Abba
Pretty sad, a girl with a good voice.. but blew her chance with a boring song choice which she went terribly wrong. Simon said everything right. It was awful.. and i like her when i first saw her.. but somehow i feel she will get a chance in wildcard? For some reason..

Junot Joyner - "Hey There, Delilah" by Plain-White T's
I believe it was a good performance, soothing to hear with his voice. But it got boring somehow in the middle.. very boring. And he missed some notes.. but it was really better than expected, coming from him. But i don't think this performance is somehow in the league of Danny and Adam, but it was smooth and gentle.. but i believe good enough for the top 12.

Kristen McNamara - "Give Me One Reason" by Tracy Chapman
I like her, she's a great singer and i still don't get how she has to fight for her spot in the top 36. Odd song choice, and if she doesn't go through.. i bet she'll be a wildcard pick for sure. But i like her! I hope she gets through! (Biased point from me! LOL!)

Nathaniel Marshall - “I Would Do Anything For Love”
I actually liked the starting, and think he really has a good voice. But it was just a weird song choice for sure.. but i thought it was not as bad as Simon put it? But same with the judges, i really like him. :funny:

Felicia Barton - "No One" by Alicia Keys
Wow, she has got an attitude and a great voice and she sings generally good! It's a pity she didn't hit the first note! But like what Kara said, i think all of us noticed her.. and we enjoyed her song! I think she will be back for wildcard.. and how did she get cut in the first place?

Scott McIntyre - “Mandolin Rain” by Bruce Hornsby
Like i've said, Scott will make it through to the top 12 without any problem. The guys in his group are gonna have a hard time to be the top male votes because i'm pretty sure America will go crazy voting for him. You know, this is what i call singing. When he sang his first note, you hear all the passion, the voice.. and like what Kara said.. he move mountains with his voice. I held back my tears throughout the whole song just listening to him.. and just thought how fair God is.. to give him an amazing touching soulful voice.. who cares if you have a voice bigger than his but it's just techniques. Now, this is what i call SINGING. Amazing, amazing talent. I want to see him play and sing!! And he's also likable and humble!

Kendall Beard - "This One's For the Girls" by Martina McBride
Bubbly personality, great and fun character, pretty girl. I think she sings okay, but it's just a forgettable performance. However, i think she'll make a good recording artist.

Jorge Nunez - "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" by Elton John
WOW. Good vocals. Good good vocals. Love it. I hope he gets into the top 12 (Wildcard or votes tomorrow) and i don't even care about the accent. It's great.. the performance is great. VOTE FOR HIM AMERICA! Anyway i LOL when Kara when he's so cute.. and does her little girl thing! :funny:

Lil Rounds - "Be Without You" by Mary J. Blige
Five Words - "Shocked, Impressed, Amazed, LOVE, VOTE". SHE'S AMAZING. Shoo in into the top 12.

Ranking for tonight:

LOVE:
1. Lil Rounds
2. Jorge Nunez
3. Scott McIntyre

LIKE:
4. Felicia Barton
5. Kristen McNamara
6. Nathaniel Marshall
7. Junot Joyner

OKAY:
8. Von Smith
9. Kendall Beard
10. Taylor Vaifanua
11. Arianna Afsar

DISLIKE:
12. Alex Wagner-Trugman

Who I hope gets/believe American will vote for into Top 12:
1. Lil Rounds
2. Jorge Nunez
3. Scott McIntyre

AND NO ONE ELSE. They are the 3 best singers!!

WILDCARD PICKS:
1. Felicia Barton
2. Kristen McNamara
3. Nathaniel Marshall
4. Junot Joyner

Best top 12 round. Best round of singers with only ONE terrible performance. 3 great singers spotted and a whole load of people with great potential! Love it!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: American Idol 8: Last group of 12 Perform! Join the discussion!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 03:17:55 AM »
Then on Thursday, March 5, Fox will air a special "Wild Card" performance episode that will feature each semifinalist group's highest remaining votegetter who didn't already get to automatically advance to the finals will get a second chance to perform along with several additional semifinalists that the judges will select.

"They [will be able to] make that fourth show up to probably about nine or ten people, we haven't quite decided yet," Warwick explained.
http://realitytvworld.com/news/fox-releases-american-idol-schedule-confirms-format-changes-8158.php

If they are picking 10 for the wildcard here's who i hope will be on:
1. Ricky Braddy
2. Anoop Desai
3. Matt Giraud
4. Mishavonna Henson
5. Megan Joy Corkrey
6. Nathaniel Marshall (That's if he/she doesn't make it)
7. Kristen McNamara (That's if he/she doesn't make it)
8. Felicia Barton (That's if he/she doesn't make it)
9. Von Smith (That's if he/she doesn't make it)
10. Ju'Not Joyner (That's if he/she doesn't make it)

Many good singers from Group 3!!! Now i understand tory's worries! :funny: (And tory, FELICIA BARTON IS HOT!!)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 07:48:28 AM »
I agree, for sure Scott McIntyre and Lil Rounds. I just don't know about the third one to be chosen. I liked Felicia's song she performed it well. I also liked Jorge. I just don't know!

I agree with your wild cards:

1. Felicia Barton
2. Kristen McNamara
3. Nathaniel Marshall
4. Junot Joyner
and Jorge if he doesn't make it through tonight. Loved his singing, and why shouldn't he be able to talk with an accent, it's who he is!

To recap the first six through to the final twelve:

Danny Gokey
Alexis Grace
Michael Sarver

Allison Iraheta
Adam Lambert
Kris Allen

4 guys and 2 girls. Will AI want to balance it out with the wildcards?

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:27:20 AM »
I agree, for sure Scott McIntyre and Lil Rounds. I just don't know about the third one to be chosen. I liked Felicia's song she performed it well. I also liked Jorge. I just don't know!

I agree with your wild cards:

1. Felicia Barton
2. Kristen McNamara
3. Nathaniel Marshall
4. Junot Joyner
and Jorge if he doesn't make it through tonight. Loved his singing, and why shouldn't he be able to talk with an accent, it's who he is!

To recap the first six through to the final twelve:

Danny Gokey
Alexis Grace
Michael Sarver

Allison Iraheta
Adam Lambert
Kris Allen

4 guys and 2 girls. Will AI want to balance it out with the wildcards?

The guys are definitely strong this season. I'm pretty sure more guys will make it through and will not be surprise that they will be only at most 5 girls in the Top 12. (So different from Season 3).. Season 3 was FLOODED with girls! :funny:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 08:55:54 AM »
You're right Joab. The guys are really strong this year and all 4 judges predict a guy to win and I can see why.  :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 09:56:57 AM »
You're right Joab. The guys are really strong this year and all 4 judges predict a guy to win and I can see why.  :tup:

I'm predicting a girl will win. The girls are the ones reeking with star quality.. :tup:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 11:18:43 AM »
To be honest, I wasn't very impressed with tonight's performance. I don't know, it just seems that there are too many weird song choices and as Simon said, it was simply "a sea of forgettable people".

Von Smith - Out of the three rounds, he was the one who started the show the best. I initially thought that he could have a shot in the top 12 but after hearing better singers, I doubt so now. What's more I guess many'd have forgotten about him by the time half the show went pass. I like him a lot though!

Taylor Vaifanua - Erm, one word, forgettable. I already can't remember who she is.

Alex Wagner-Trugman - I actually liked him before this but seeing his performance tonight... I was so disappointed. Half of America will probably agree that the growling parts were uncalled for.

Arianna Afsar - Another performance I was very disappointed in. I liked the look of her, and I think she indeed has a great voice and loads of potential. But the moment she mentioned choosing that song by Abba, I was like, oh no. And Simon said EXACTLY what I thought, that it was dreeeeeeeeeary. And it's such a pity cos I believe she can really sing. =(

Junot Joyner - Well it was a steady performance, good vocals no doubt. But I actually thought it was rather safe and I wasn't very impressed. I think he'll get into the top 12 though.

Kristen McNamara - I love her voice, and I like her! But I don't think she's made enough of an impact to get through, that's a pity.

Nathaniel Marshall - I have this sneaky feeling he might make it through to the top 12 and I'm not sure if I'll be happy about that cos I wasn't impressed by his performance, really. But he's likeable no doubt.

Felicia Barton - I really, really like her but the same issue as Kristen, she hasn't made an impact. She can truly sing, that we all know, but I don't think she's memorable. I really hope to see her in the Wild Card though. And did I mention that I really like her! Lol.

Scott McIntyre - I can't say I was jumping out of my seat by that performance, but one thing is for sure, he's doing what he loves and loving what he does. His soulful voice will touch many, and I was touched just by his passion. The song was a little safe in my opinion but even in the simplicity of that, we feel his love for singing.

Kendall Beard - She has a fun personality but I don't know, it was quite forgettable to me hmm.

Jorge Nunez - I don't know how to pronounce his name but that doesn't matter, cos he can really SING. When he started out, I thought it was gonna be another safe performance but towards the build-ups, I was really impressed. I don't know if he'll get through though, he could lose out on votes. But even so he'll be a Wild Card pick for sure.

Lil Rounds - The performance that saved the boring night for me! It was brilliant and together with Scott, she'll be a shoo in to the top 12.

Who I hope to see in the top 12:
1. Scott McIntyre
2. Lil Rounds
3. Felicia Barton (as said up there, HOPE)

Who I think will be in the top 12:
1. Scott McIntyre
2. Lil Rounds
3. Junot Joyner

Who I wish to see in the Wild Card:
1. Felicia Barton
2. Junot Joyner (if he doesn't get in)
3. Jorge Nunez (if he doesn't get in)
4. Arianna Afsar
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Genie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 05:25:03 PM »
My prediction: Scott, Lil, and Jorge will make it to the Top 12.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 06:04:17 PM »
thank you joab. sometimes i make sence in my head lol.. soty forgetting were iwas going with that group thing..

OMG i voted for 2 stright hrs last night i think i got 1,070 votes in i was trying to count how many i could do in a min i would get 9/10. and haveing to pee 3x in 2 hrs i am pretty sure i vote at leat 1,000 x's for felica.
side note havetogive my city more props the song scott sang by bruce hornsby, knew him in the 70's and yes bruce is from here ,, i love that we have so much talent in the area i have to brag :hearts: :hearts: sry..i did say that i would have voted for him scott based on his song choice but... felica  had to get all the votes.. from me :jumpy: :jumpy: i hope she gets in they showed her viewing party on the news last night, i did not go it was 28 % to coold for me but if she makes it trew i will go for sure, if nothing else to give them voteing tips..i can't wait for tonight... oh and ps is that the song felica was singing on the you tube vid?? also that is her hubby playing gutar on the you tub and her son is sooo cute, and yea y did she get cut????
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 06:17:21 PM »
I didn't vote as much as you did Tory (!) but I did vote for Felicia. I think she'll be in the top 12 either tonight or with the wild card. She looked fantastic last night, by far the best dressed of all the girls.

Your fingers must have been worn down to the nubs after that many votes.  :hugs:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 08:11:41 PM »
I didn't vote as much as you did Tory (!) but I did vote for Felicia. I think she'll be in the top 12 either tonight or with the wild card. She looked fantastic last night, by far the best dressed of all the girls.

Your fingers must have been worn down to the nubs after that many votes.  :hugs:

Tory, i would have voted for felicia as well. That was a powerhouse voice with only ONE missed note and it was nothing. The performance was decent and i would rank it as one of the really good (Perhaps Top 20) performance. Now how did she get cut and people like.. Norman and Alex got in. -_-

I would love to see just Lil and Scott in the F12, and anyone i've picked as wildcard to make it through tonight! Can't wait for the good news! :hearts: :jumpy: :wohoo:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 08:29:08 PM »
OMG I AM DIEING...I CAN NOT BELIVE TATANNA MADE IN THE WILD CARD ROUND AND FELICA DID NOT. WTF (:;) (:;) (:;) :knuckles: :knuckles:

but on a better note lol ricky made it  :hearts: :hearts:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 08:29:43 PM »
Jorge Nuñez joins Lil Rounds and Scott MacIntyre in American Idol's finals!

:yess: 8/9 accurate predictions except for Kris!

Now for the wildcards!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 08:30:56 PM »
OMG I AM DIEING...I CAN NOT BELIVE TATANNA MADE IN THE WILD CARD ROUND AND FELICA DID NOT. WTF (:;) (:;) (:;) :knuckles: :knuckles:

but on a better note lol ricky made it  :hearts: :hearts:

WHAT???????????????? FELICIA DID NOT AND TATIANA DID? I bet they figured Felicia making it into the wildcard would meant that she's the top 20 of the show.. and the judges didn't want to make it seemed like they make a mistake to cut her at top 54. (:;)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 08:34:42 PM »
The wildcards selected tonight to sing tomorrow: TATIANA DEL TORO, Von Smith, Jasmine Murray, Ricky Braddy, Megan Corkrey, Matt Giraud, Jesse Langseth, Anoop Desai.

OMG, i hate it that they keep giving Jasmine chances when she doesn't even have good vocals. She's just very marketable and there's no big deal about that. There are many others who are marketable as well! And where's the really good girl who sang tears of jupiter??

Okay, i'm so going to say Ricky and Megan just deserves to be in the top 12 because of their previous performances, and the last spot.. Matt Giraud will be good.

And mind you, i'm pretty sure the judges might have a hard time picking and they might ultimately choose more than 3. :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 08:36:13 PM »
And out of all the many good singers yesterday.. they DROPPED everyone but Von!!! OMG. They said Junot was good and they dropped him?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 08:47:32 PM »
i can't belive thease judges?? they have to fill certian ppl slots they can't have to many blondes or brunetts but that doen't make sence sence they put trew 3 girls who have the same style of singing.. well at least i can put my voting finger to rest. i might vote for ricky he is from where my grandmom was raised and it is about 30 min away from me..and he has a good voice. i don't think scott sounded as good tonight as he did last night but love burce hornsby, i can c y he sang that song bruce is a paino man and so is scott..bruce is an awsome guy..

wtf on tatanna i am going to have to fast fw through her if she makes it. poor felica bk to the beach for u girl..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 10:04:02 PM »
Genie you were right on the money! Joab was darn close with 8/9.

I had to calm down after TATIANA was given yet another chance!  :knuckles: It HAS to be for ratings because there is no other reason why she would get another second of air time.  (:;) :knuckles: (:;)

Yay for giving Anoop, Matt Giraud and Ricky Braddy another chance.  The rumors were true!!

Felicia has had national exposure, I think she might benefit from it. She was much better than that horrid emotional wreck who boohooed yet again tonight.  We need to watch, will Tatiana wear the star ring that Paula gave her tomorrow night?

Ruth said: Kristen McNamara - I love her voice, and I like her! But I don't think she's made enough of an impact to get through, that's a pity.

Nathaniel Marshall - I have this sneaky feeling he might make it through to the top 12 and I'm not sure if I'll be happy about that cos I wasn't impressed by his performance, really. But he's likeable no doubt.

Felicia Barton - I really, really like her but the same issue as Kristen, she hasn't made an impact. She can truly sing, that we all know, but I don't think she's memorable. I really hope to see her in the Wild Card though. And did I mention that I really like her! Lol.

I so agree with you. I liked Kristen and Felicia, and I was happy that Nathaniel didn't make it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 07:33:46 AM by TexasLady »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 10:13:54 PM »
If they put Tatiana into the top 12. I'll hate Paula, Kara and Randy. I'll slap them with a stick. :funny: :knuckles:

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 11:04:02 PM »
If they put Tatiana into the top 12. I'll hate Paula, Kara and Randy. I'll slap them with a stick. :funny: :knuckles:

OMG    (:;)     I will be right there with you    :knuckles:       :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 01:42:28 AM »

Even if Tatiana can sing like FANTASIA or KELLY or CARRIE.. who wants her in the top 12. We don't need an idol like that. WHO'S WITH ME? :knuckles: (:;)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 06:02:46 PM »

Even if Tatiana can sing like FANTASIA or KELLY or CARRIE.. who wants her in the top 12. We don't need an idol like that. WHO'S WITH ME? :knuckles: (:;)

I'll help! Where's the sign-up sheet?  (:;)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 06:42:24 PM »

I'll help! Where's the sign-up sheet?  (:;)

CLUB TTT (Toast That Tatiana!) :funny:

1. TexasLady (President)
2. Joab (Vice President)

:funny: You'll be the president! :neener:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »
WTH I DON;T EVEN WANT TO WATCH TONIGHT!!! what a shammmmm that redish head girl is not that good and ttt what a mess how in the world can u call u r self a judge??? they need to b hit over the head with a stick :jam: :jam: :jam: :meow: :meow:

i might have to join vftw i am soooo mad... (:;) (:;) (:;)
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 09:15:35 PM »
WTH I DON;T EVEN WANT TO WATCH TONIGHT!!! what a shammmmm that redish head girl is not that good and ttt what a mess how in the world can u call u r self a judge??? they need to b hit over the head with a stick :jam: :jam: :jam: :meow: :meow:

i might have to join vftw i am soooo mad... (:;) (:;) (:;)

OH NO!! Not that Tory!! NO!  :ascared

:hugs: for Tory!