Author Topic: TAR14 EP5: "She’s a Little Scared of Stick, But I Think She’ll Be OK!" (Siberia)  (Read 82765 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :yess:  The columns seem to match... the racers are cheering on the runners at the Opera and Ballet Theatre

eta: according to GE, it's 2.54 km or 1.58 miles from the library to the opera house  (quite a mini marathon)  :snicker:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 09:16:14 PM by Boingo »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Looks good.  :jam:  :yess: Compare your building (behind the black gloves) to the one (middle-right) in this pano.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
YAY!!!!!!!  :yess: Good job Boingo!!

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
TAR 6 Leg 7:  Lori and Bolo drink that delicious pig's blood, and come in 1st!  Hayden and Aaron bicker and get lost and are saved, but lose all of their money.
It didn't happen last season, so they might do it this season.
I think you got your legs mixed up.  Lori & Bolo's Fast Forward was on an elimination leg -- the one that claimed Gus & Hera.  Hayden & Aaron were saved on the leg of Adam & Rebecca's Fast Forward -- the one with the walking in the scuba diving suit thing.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

NoluckBoston

Which still leaves the ballet unclaimed...must just be a collect a clue place then.

I do not remember the name of the Theater/Stage they finished the last leg on. Could this just be a fun shot of  the start of the next leg?

Just thinking out loud.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
TAR 6 Leg 7:  Lori and Bolo drink that delicious pig's blood, and come in 1st!  Hayden and Aaron bicker and get lost and are saved, but lose all of their money.
It didn't happen last season, so they might do it this season.
I think you got your legs mixed up.  Lori & Bolo's Fast Forward was on an elimination leg -- the one that claimed Gus & Hera.  Hayden & Aaron were saved on the leg of Adam & Rebecca's Fast Forward -- the one with the walking in the scuba diving suit thing.

Correct!  Thank you for correcting!
 :lol:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
I quite have to disagree with this being a  TBC leg... (Hoping for an extra episode, making India an uberleg... hehehe) :jumpy:

The route map shown with 11 pitstops and a finish in Maui? Not unless they consider the midpoint (LIKE IN TARA2) a pitstop, The fifth pitstop is really scheduled being in Novosibirsk then the rest in Asia.

Next, BvM and the producers LOVE meddling teams in India, especially with the Speedbump. It creates so much drama. I guess the Speedbump would be there in India again.

I also don't think that the Fast Forward would show in this leg at all, Having three legs in China :wohoo:, I believe that we'll all see the U-TURN, SPEED BUMP and the "ONE and ONLY" AIRED FAST FORWARD there. When I saw Christie running in the roadblock, her number says that she's seven... how could she be in seventh when there can only be six teams running if one goes for the fast forward?

And I think Karma's starting to bite Margie/Luke's ass because of their U-TURN just as shown in the previews.  :ascared They're sourgraping that T/V left them in thin air, yet they initiated the whole blind u-turn thing, obviously getting target at their backs because they themselves announced that they U-TURNED Amanda and Kris. They also said it in the start of the episode - its for one million dollars. I also don't get their logic of u-turning someone, already being anonymous, and then announcing it to the whole cast.

That's my note. We'll just have to see it more on Sunday (for you guys - I catch it Monday mornings in SE Asia - and this week, I couldn't watch it via satellite because of exams... :'( :'( :'(, considerably waking up early just to watch the episode)
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Which still leaves the ballet unclaimed...must just be a collect a clue place then.

Peach, the ballet/opera place could be another indoor pit stop/mat. With temps sub-freezing and probably sub-zero F, they might want to protect Phil.

That detour with the tires reminds me of a go kart track. There is someting similiar close to the runnng route.

Matthew 7:15

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
EDIT: If this is indeed a TBC leg, wouldn't we see the fast forward in India and not in Russia?  :lol:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

honeybee

The shot of Michael (w/ Mark) in the machine with the tires does actually look like there are "lanes" - so maybe the task is maneuvering that beast through a track. 

I'm starting to doubt my theory that the images of Margie/Luke and Tammy/Victor in the cars are a detour because Margie appears to be asking someone for directions.  So unless that's part of the detour, I'm not sure, but I doubt it.
The episode descriptions say "A car's stick shift gets the best of one duo on the icy Siberian streets." and "Slippery streets and a stick shift nearly slide one team out of the race." - and that does not necessarily mean it is a detour, just someone having difficulty driving.

So my guess is
Roadblock:  Running in skivvies
Detours:  Drive giant machine through course or.... ? something we haven't seen - maybe dancing ballet!!!   ;)

I'm also guessing the roadblock is first ONLY because Cara/Jaime look really put together as they open the clue.

The other thing unaccounted for is "One team goes for the fun-will their party priorities pay off?"  That is the only thing that seems like it would be a FF.  The only shots of Mike/Mel are Mike teasing Luke on the train and of Mike rubbing his face with 'worry' in the backseat of a car.

Any guesses if the police sirens at the end of that one commercial are in part of the episode somewhere?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 11:49:40 PM by honeybee »

honeybee

Numbers on bibs in roadblock:
001 - Luke
002 - Cara
003 - Tammy
                       <-------------- we can guess that Mark is either 004 or 005
006 - Jen
007 - Christie

Mel/Mike not accounted for;  but guess 004 or 005

Interesting...

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Any odds that this is a TBC leg? CBS website not putting up a preview is odd and now we have Phils diary labeled EP5 which is obviously for EP4 pitstop.

Unless Krasnoyarsk is a back-to-back extended Pit Stop following Bran, I think we have too much time for a TBC...

Or there's a TBC, followed by an extra leg that stays in Novosibirsk? ???
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 03:47:30 AM by Neobie »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Numbers on bibs in roadblock:
001 - Luke
002 - Cara
003 - Tammy
                       <-------------- we can guess that Mark is either 004 or 005
006 - Jen
007 - Christie

Mel/Mike not accounted for;  but guess 004 or 005

Interesting...

With 7 runner's bib numbers, I think it is safe to assume that if a Fast Forward occurs in this leg, it will happen after the Roadblock.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Any odds that this is a TBC leg? CBS website not putting up a preview is odd and now we have Phils diary labeled EP5 which is obviously for EP4 pitstop.

Unless Krasnoyarsk is a back-to-back extended Pit Stop following Bran, I think we have too much time for a TBC...

Or there's a TBC, followed by an extra leg that stays in Novosibirsk? ???
I was just thinking out loud  ...:hides

DavidJunior

i think the most likely place that we'll see a TBC is in Thailand
2 legs in just about 2 days, is very hard to accomplish (though I believe they have done it before)
but if it was a TBC it would be much easier to fit the "2 legs" into the schedule
just a thought...

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
2 legs in just about 2 days, is very hard to accomplish (though I believe they have done it before)
but if it was a TBC it would be much easier to fit the "2 legs" into the schedule
just a thought...

It would be ironic to have a NEL or TBC in Thailand because that is also Sequesterville.

Wouldn't it be cool to have the Sequesterville house be a PitStop?!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
just a thought...

2 legs in 2 days is easy to accomplish from Phuket to Bangkok even if no TBC is involved. The length of all tasks on a leg combined only rarely exceeds about 4 hours. Flying takes 1 hour 25 minutes plus the airport time on both ends (less than 2 hours total). That leaves time for a 12 hour pit stop and about 4.5 hours left over.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Trying to figure out the timing for leg number 5. So assuming arrival in Novo Nov. 10...

If we assume they travel by train from Krasnojarsk to Novosibirsk - 12 hours - it gives the racers a very short pit stop in Krasnojarsk - about 8 hours with 12 hours to sleep on the train and provide insights into Luke's psyche. It appeared to me that leg 4 ended rather later in the day - 4pm ish.

We know Mel and Mike and Marge and Luke (marathon racer # 1) are on the same train. Note that they have sleeping berths. (screen caps on page 1) and that outside of the train its daylight . So I guess Dep. Krasnojarsk  23:36   Arr. Novosibirsk 12:38 (train sched from apskips timeline)

Another possibility is Dep. Krasnojarsk 18:26   Arr. Novosibirsk 06:47,  but if that were the case they would never see daylight outside the train (Kras. November 9 sunrise 8:14 AM KRAT  sunset 4:52 PM KRAT and  Novo November 10 Sunrise 7:51 AM NOVT  sunset 4:34 PM NOVT ) and it would give only 2 hours of pit stop.

Are all racers are on the same train? I  think some of them got on the earlier train because...

Wunderground tells me that on Nov 10:
Clear and some overcast from 6am to10:30 am
Light snow started 1pm Heavy snow around 3
Temps were around -7 to -9 eeek! Too cold to run around in your underwear.

The picture of Tammy (racer # 3) and Jenn (racer # 6) is in sunlight - with a low angle from the south east (I think) so morning sometime between 7:51 to 10:30.
Christie (racer # 7) is running in snow - no sunlight - so after 1pm

This could all be entirely wrong if I have the date incorrect - but November 11 had snow all day with no clear periods - maybe its the anticipated Siberian blizzard!

Discuss...  :word:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Trying to figure out the timing for leg number 5. So assuming arrival in Novo Nov. 10...

If we assume they travel by train from Krasnojarsk to Novosibirsk - 12 hours - it gives the racers a very short pit stop in Krasnojarsk - about 8 hours with 12 hours to sleep on the train and provide insights into Luke's psyche. It appeared to me that leg 4 ended rather later in the day - 4pm ish.

We know Mel and Mike and Marge and Luke (marathon racer # 1) are on the same train. Note that they have sleeping berths. (screen caps on page 1) and that outside of the train its daylight . So I guess Dep. Krasnojarsk  23:36   Arr. Novosibirsk 12:38 (train sched from apskips timeline)

Another possibility is Dep. Krasnojarsk 18:26   Arr. Novosibirsk 06:47,  but if that were the case they would never see daylight outside the train (Kras. November 9 sunrise 8:14 AM KRAT  sunset 4:52 PM KRAT and  Novo November 10 Sunrise 7:51 AM NOVT  sunset 4:34 PM NOVT ) and it would give only 2 hours of pit stop.

Are all racers are on the same train? I  think some of them got on the earlier train because...

Wunderground tells me that on Nov 10:
Clear and some overcast from 6am to10:30 am
Light snow started 1pm Heavy snow around 3
Temps were around -7 to -9 eeek! Too cold to run around in your underwear.

The picture of Tammy (racer # 3) and Jenn (racer # 6) is in sunlight - with a low angle from the south east (I think) so morning sometime between 7:51 to 10:30.
Christie (racer # 7) is running in snow - no sunlight - so after 1pm

This could all be entirely wrong if I have the date incorrect - but November 11 had snow all day with no clear periods - maybe its the anticipated Siberian blizzard!

Discuss...  :word:

Cool info/speculation.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
I just have to say you guys are amazing!  The information you come up with, I honestly  wouldn't even know where to start.  Keep up the good work.

:hearts:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Somewhere recently there was some statement about Phil's Video Diaries and what they mean for the number of episodes. I can without reservation answer that question with "They mean absolutely nothing." The reason is that there was one video diary for each episode for 1 to 4, but there were 2 for episode 5. That does not mean that the Musical Comedy theatre demo was in Episode 6, it only means that there that it was the second Diary for episode 5. People can question 12 legs (a number of you did for a while although few recently), but that is fruitless. There are 12 legs, so get used to it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:09:52 PM by apskip »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'm thinking of an early morning departure, followed by a full day's train ride, arriving in Novosibirsk in the evening. Hours of Operation means nothing's going to happen until the next day (the 10th), which gives us our daylight racing shots...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
NICE job,  Walkingpneumonia!! :jam:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
more in a bit but wanted to get this up  :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
YAY!! More goodies!!

:popcorn:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.