Author Topic: TAR14 EP5: "She’s a Little Scared of Stick, But I Think She’ll Be OK!" (Siberia)  (Read 82330 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
WHat can we make of the "helpers" uniforms? There has been spec that there may be a vague Olympic assoc this season:

Romanian Olympic gymnasts

Siberian Oylympic runners?

Beijjing swimming (spec) task

Nice if we could match the runners uniforms....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
WHat can we make of the "helpers" uniforms? There has been spec that there may be a vague Olympic assoc this season:

Romanian Olympic gymnasts

Siberian Oylympic runners?

Beijjing swimming (spec) task

Nice if we could match the runners uniforms....

Here's some news from the Half Marathon held in Novosibirsk last September.  (they describe the 3.5km loop course).  :sucks

Novosibirsk Half Marathon

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think it's a student group. Compare the logo with the one on this page.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Looks perfect  :waves: .. those students must have had a blast doing this! or at least Jodi's  Christies partner did ..
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:00:55 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :lol:
Сибирский государственный университет путей сообщения (Сгупс) = Siberian State University of Railway Transport

:funny:  who knew they had a track team 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Another very "brief" commercial

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
perhaps Margie & Luke were the first to finish the roadblock?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Looks perfect  :waves: .. those students must have had a blast doing this! or at least Jodi's partner did ..

Christie...that's Christie :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Looks perfect  :waves: .. those students must have had a blast doing this! or at least Jodi's partner did ..

Christie...that's Christie :tup:
Damn IT I KNEW THAT  :knuckles:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I certainly did. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
If Margie is taking a taxi, can we assume the start and finish lines are different? The students, according to this map, come from a campus north of Lenin square (map). That may mean something, or maybe the railroad students just share the library and volunteered for some camera time. The odd-cap-out is still the "hmpf" lady standing near the October bridge.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
What do you guys think about the numbers on the runners?  Would they actually show the running order to us or is it just a random grab?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Looks perfect  :waves: .. those students must have had a blast doing this! or at least Jodi's  Christies partner did ..

Looks freakishly like Danielle in this shot. Although i wouldn't mind Danielle doing this RB either. :funny:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They would have been last anyway  :lol:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
They would have been last anyway  :lol:

And also a U-TURN specially designed for them. That will make Danielle the only racer who have been Yielded and U-TURNed, in total of 4 times! :funny: As if once wasn't enough.

Okay, offtopic... :sneak

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
"Start."  :doh:  :-[  :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
If it makes you feel any better Slowhatch I thought Luke was at the finish line too  :lol:  :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR Detectives speaking Russian...I love it!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well, at least we know Luke is starting the race. Good catch, Slowhatch.
Just here to visit.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster

It could still be the finish line, because if it's both the start and finish line, most likely the sign that says "finish" will be at the opposite side.

Those frames with Luke can be interpreted two different ways:
* Luke hugging himself looks like he's just starting and is a bit nakedness-shy.
* Luke with fists in the air looks like he just finished the course.
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I agree with Hakushu8. It looks like the race is finishing at the start line, common with circular or approximately so courses.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City

It could still be the finish line, because if it's both the start and finish line, most likely the sign that says "finish" will be at the opposite side.

Those frames with Luke can be interpreted two different ways:
* Luke hugging himself looks like he's just starting and is a bit nakedness-shy.
* Luke with fists in the air looks like he just finished the course.

I agree with Hakushu8. It looks like the race is finishing at the start line, common with circular or approximately so courses.

I have a question. If the start line and the finish line is the same place, why is Margie riding off in a cab? I was all for the single START/FINISH line scenario with the tents for warming and changing clothes. But that pic of Margie in the cab makes me think that there is a START line and a different located FINISH line. I think Margie is taking Luke's clothes to the finish line.

I think the pictures of Luke (just above) are at the finish line and the pictures of Jen (page 1) are at the start line. There is also a building behind Luke and there is nothing behind Jen but blue sky and a park. I am talking about a building that is perpendicular to the building with the blue portico that is behind Luke.

The warming/changeing tents are located at different places. In Jen's pictures, the tents are in FRONT of a blue portico. The portico has two levels of steps from the street level to the door level. In Luke's pictures, the tents are BESIDE the blue protico. This portico has no steps and is at street level.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 07:30:37 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
:lol:
Сибирский государственный университет путей сообщения (Сгупс) = Siberian State University of Railway Transport

:funny:  who knew they had a track team 

:lol: I wonder where they train?  :funny:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Uncle Bill

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Not So Newbie
 :waves: Hi to everyone. The following is my thoughts only. If you look at Reply #12 slide 3 you see the building entrance in the back and brown changing tents to the right, and the race asst. putting on the number vest. So this is the start. In reply #14 silde 1 you see the entrance in the back with brown tents in front. So it looks like Luke is just starting the race, (SHY then WHAT THE HELL) In reply #81 slide 1 you have the start sign with ballons forming an arch. Look behind the side crowd you can see another sign (look hard) green and white lettering and another ballon arch of balloons, so this could be the finish . Lukes mom is following Luke in the taxi in case she needs to SIGN for him. See van with door open must be camera car. Again this is my thoughts :duno:
DrRox the tents are the same place it's the camera angles   that make them look different.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 11:41:48 AM by Uncle Bill »
I WILL TRY