Author Topic: Episode 3 open discussion & updates/ commentary  (Read 54713 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Episode 3 open discussion & updates/ commentary
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »
And i think Tammy and Victor really seriously got lucky here. They would have been eliminated had it not been Brad and Victoria's flight. Would have been a Azaria and Hendekea shocker!!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2009, 08:00:09 PM »
NEXT TIME ON .. THE AMAZING RACE:

Phil: In the icy cold of Siberia, teams' walls come crumbling down.
Wall building challenge in the middle of nowhere. Looks like a couple of their houses of cards came crashing down.

Phil: .. and Luke takes the ride of his life, but hits a dead end.
Something to do with matching up numbers on a hill. Luke makes groaning noises and exhibits frustration.
Margie: Keep trying!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2009, 08:06:52 PM »
Thank you mswood, good job!

I am mad at TAR right now....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »
Thank you mswood, good job!

I am mad at TAR right now....

Why are you mad peachy! :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2009, 08:11:50 PM »
Brad and Victoria are gone! :crybabe:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2009, 08:12:27 PM »
This episode is definitely better than the last! More interesting at least, like we finally see teams stress up on the race!

I love how Kisha and Jen worked well together this leg. This just proves my point that when a team is constantly leading and in a comfortable position, they rarely quarrel and when they know they are in dead last, they stress up and start cussing out each other. Good job Kisha and Jen! And Kisha has a sexy back. :funny:

Love the Roadblock, i think Mike looks seriously "cute" in it and i was laughing non-stop. Kudos to them clinching first, i was hoping it would be them than Amanda and Kris.. because i think it will be quite hard for them to take another first, which means other teams will come in first again. :yess: But Mel and Mike seriously work well and it's nice to see the dad keep giving praises to his son.

Amanda and Kris with the fanny pack, and they weren't shouting or stressing out with each other. Love them and their attitude!

Margie and Luke still beat everyone despite with the weird detour choice. Seriously i would have done vampire.. it seems interesting at least. What i hoped was producer have something like a "jack in the box" idea, put a fake vampire doll in there which will spring up and scare the teams when they open a casket. Would have been hilarious to see the 2 all-female teams who did that freakout and shriek like mad. :funny:

Yay for good job done for Jaime and Cara and Christie and Jodi! And i have to mention.. after 3 legs.. Kisha and Jen are the only all-female team to finish in the top pack! Great job girls! And if all the 3 all-female teams survived next leg, we will finally have a confirmed all-female team in the final 5 (at least) since the new format of the race (TAR12).. alright, i know about the spoilers with Cara and Jaime.. but.. let's hope all of them miraculously make the final 5 OR better, final 3.. :funny:

No comments about Mark and Michael, good team, worked well.. but not rooting for them.

Love Tammy and Victor despite for their mistake. I liked how they fell from first to eighth, more variety and surprise factor for the viewers. I think they're going to like it this week! And anyone noticed the extremely long "last week on the amazing race" introduction? I think they knew not many watched last week episode, so they had a long introduction to let people know what went on last week.

Brad and Victoria were really a good team, but it sucks that they went out this way.. :(

Great episode!! :hearts:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2009, 08:16:39 PM »
The Vila Panoramic. There's a photo in the gallery that sort of resembles Luke's conf.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2009, 08:20:16 PM »
Joab

While it is of course true that teams near the end have more stress then teams at the front.  Personally its one of the reasons I like certain teams.  Teams that keep their cool and don't play the blame game and don't fight with each other when things get tough are usually teams I like.

It's one of the reasons I liked teams like Eric & Jeremy (when they fell to the back, oh in one episode we didn't see them fight), Tyler & James (didn't fight until the plane issue in the final leg, even though in three episodes they were very close to elimination), Kris & Jon (who always treated each other well) for example (there are others).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2009, 08:22:09 PM »
The Vila Panoramic. There's a photo in the gallery that sort of resembles Luke's conf.
Thats it Slowhatch! I'll get some pictures up in the EP3 thread in awhile.. I'm still really sad here  :'(

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2009, 08:25:03 PM »
I think Brad & Victoria are the only middle aged team or older that I not only liked (I have liked several Dave & Margaretta, Don & Mary Jean, and Gretchen & Meredith) but honestly seemed physically able to fully compete (not just survive off of the errors of other teams).

Damn it.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2009, 08:36:19 PM »
enjoyed that episode

thoughts:

how awesome Margie and Victoria looked in the leotards
Schipol's dirty little secret is FOG, i found out the hard way one year after a transatlantic flight with a 2 yr old and a 3 month old and no sleep, We were stuck there half a day - not fun :'(
What was up with Victor OMG even when Tammy was explaining that the marker would be red and yellow and it wouldn't be both directions!  granted its red and white in Vietnam but they were in Romania!
And my son (age 2) started copying luke when he was signing - it was very cute

loved that Mel and Mark finished 1st even with a groin injury

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:46:40 PM by patlini »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2009, 08:52:42 PM »
Seeing Tammy struggle with Victor is a bit painful for me because my sister and I are like that as well. She's Type A. I can be Type A. She's stubborn when she feels she's right. I'm stubborn when I feel I'm right.

Watching Tammy get frustrated like that is the same way I get when my sister goes off and doesn't want to listen. But I'm sure she feels the same way when I get that way with her. But at least when I get that way, I'll stop and rethink what I'm doing. I'm more open to listening to her opinion, but then again, she's not willing to listen to me. We're funny that way.

I'm not that way with my other sister though. Strange. We listen to each other and communicate better. Just the dynamic, I guess. And they were born on the same day so go figure. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2009, 09:17:04 PM »
enjoyed that episode

thoughts:

how awesome Margie and Victoria looked in the leotards
Schipol's dirty little secret is FOG, i found out the hard way one year after a transatlantic flight with a 2 yr old and a 3 month old and no sleep, We were stuck there half a day - not fun :'(
What was up with Victor OMG even when Tammy was explaining that the marker would be red and yellow and it wouldn't be both directions!  granted its red and white in Vietnam but they were in Romania!
And my son (age 2) started copying luke when he was signing - it was very cute

loved that Mel and Mark finished 1st even with a groin injury

I agree, the ladies looked incredible in those uni's. Was hoping to see Brad in spandex, DARN  :lol:  :-[
Congrats to all the teams that moved up  :jam:
Brad & Victoria will be sorely missed but still, they never gave up and are damned good racers! They fought to the very end  :jam:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2009, 09:44:50 PM »
Joab

While it is of course true that teams near the end have more stress then teams at the front.  Personally its one of the reasons I like certain teams.  Teams that keep their cool and don't play the blame game and don't fight with each other when things get tough are usually teams I like.

It's one of the reasons I liked teams like Eric & Jeremy (when they fell to the back, oh in one episode we didn't see them fight), Tyler & James (didn't fight until the plane issue in the final leg, even though in three episodes they were very close to elimination), Kris & Jon (who always treated each other well) for example (there are others).

I agree with you! It's just like how Ron and Chris stressed up badly when they were at the back and then they started patching up when they rocked. :funny:

Offline Umass

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • 4y
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2009, 09:51:55 PM »
This was decent episode. I wanted to punch Victor-what a stubborn fool.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2009, 09:53:11 PM »
I feel for Victor. I'm pretty sure I would have done the same thing.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2009, 09:55:43 PM »
I feel for Victor. I'm pretty sure I would have done the same thing.

Yes, and that sure looks like a marker too. :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2009, 09:56:10 PM »
I'm with you Neobie, mistakes happen! Victor was truly sorry! Lesson learned! They are still in the race thats all that really matters. Chance of a life time ...........

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2009, 10:59:35 PM »
Ok, I do like Victor and Tammy.  But seriously Victor that was a huge error.  I am now very curious on who was lost longer Linda (and her 4 hours lost) or Tammy & Victor.  Both are huge.  I don't know of another time racers have been strictly on their feet and been that lost.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2009, 11:24:19 PM »
ANd unlike Linda, this is when he has a partner that almost from the very first step is telling him this is wrong.  Now teams do get lost on tasks and while driving.

But I seriously can't think of another time one team member was so set in his (or her) ways that they over road the other persons point taking a team, far, far off the path.

I can't wait to see the check in times. 

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2009, 11:39:43 PM »
Yet another fine episode, though a bit anticlimatic once the ousted team missed their flight.  I'm amazed by the level of competitiveness shown by the teams.  And I'm also amazed by the shuffling in the ranks throughout the leg!  My thoughts on the teams this week:

Mel & Mike: First place, and well earned!  I do like this team, and I do like that they're still thriving in spite of Mel's groin injury.  They raced well and smart and deserve to still be in it!

Amanda & Kris: I don't know.  I like them okay, but at the same time, they bore me something fierce.  It seems that most of the things they say always has to have "babe" at the beginning or end of it.  Plus, I feel like I barely know a thing about them, and it's already episode three!

Kisha & Jen: Nice to see them getting along a lot better, and great to see them make a huge jump from seventh to third!  I'm liking what I see of them so much more, and I'm loving their abilities in the tasks.

Margie & Luke: They're still in my heart, and I'm still finding myself enjoying them a lot, but the editors need to stop pushing the angle of Luke's deafness.  I'm not blaming Margie or Luke for this, but I could get annoyed with them very quickly, anyway.  I do love their bond with Jaime & Cara, though.

Mark & Michael: Made a nice rebound after their flight error last week.  Despite their small sizes, they show no fear or caution in anything they do, and can even outrun taller people, as shown by their footrace with Christie & Jodi.  Good job to see them both still in it.

Christie & Jodi: The flight attendants made a nice jump up in the ranks after their close shave last week.  I'm glad they weren't anywhere near last this week.  They did well on their tasks and richly deserved to survive.

Jaime & Cara: Ouch.  An incompetent cab driver was not what the cheerleaders needed tonight.  They probably could've scored a slightly higher placement without that happening to them (like at least finishing in front of Mark & Michael), based on their speed in finishing the Detour (although that coffin did look like a bitch to drag).  They're still my favorite team, though, and their bond with Margie & Luke certainly does help them.

Tammy & Victor: So the siblings were hit by hubris.  Mainly, Victor's.  They faltered at the Roadblock, got lost at the Detour, broke down when they messed up badly (well . . . Victor did), and only escaped elimination because one team had so much bad luck.  I'm still loving Tammy, but Victor's officially starting to annoy me.

Brad & Victoria: Aw.  These two definitely were the new Bob & Joyce -- they were an older couple who did well early on and then got screwed over by a bad flight.  Unlike Bob & Joyce, however, Brad & Victoria did take an ill-advised risk on a flight with a tight connection and missed it only because their first flight got delayed.  So while they kind of didn't deserve it due to that bad luck, they also kind of did for making that bad luck.  Sorry, guys.  But I hope you at least have fun with Preston & Jennifer and Steve & Linda in Thailand!

The tasks were interesting, although the Roadblock was a bit of a yawner.  I'd have easily had my partner do it.  For the Detour, I'd have done Vampire Remains, as it looked easier on paper.  But Gypsy Moves turned out to be faster in practice, so it probably would've been better to do that one.

And after three episodes:

LOVE: Mel/Mike, Kisha/Jen, Margie/Luke, Mark/Michael, Christie/Jodi, Jaime/Cara, Tammy
LIKE: Amanda/Kris, Victor
NEUTRAL: No one
DISLIKE: No one
HATE: No one

Still good casting!  Still don't hate anyone, at least no one left!

Can't wait to see Siberia next week!
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2009, 11:48:39 PM »
Yeah, while I hate to see Brad & Victoria go, this was something they had a huge amount of control over.  They were warned that it was a tight connection, and warned that their flight was late.   And they still took it.

Unless the other flight was full (which I doubt) then they had ever opportunity to take the flight that had 4 other teams on it.

It was a huge, huge mistake.  One that they took.

Now compare that to Tammy & Victor's flight.  They had no idea that their flight would have to turn around, that was bad luck and something they had no pre knowledge of.

So yeah, Brad & Victoria as much as I really liked you, you dug your own grave.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: March 02, 2009, 12:11:17 AM »
No "special thanks" in the credits this week, but there was a mention of Bow and Axe, a Warsaw production company.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2009, 01:29:51 AM »

Nice!

And that is a definite:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline cba

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2009, 05:15:47 AM »
OMG a panflute greeter!!!  :hearts:
I've played that instrument since I was a little girl (that makes it 15+ years) and Georghe Zampfir, the Romanian panflute god was undeniably my idol. Now that makes me wonder why I was surprised to see such a greeter in the first place....