Author Topic: American Idol 8: Second group of 12 Perform! Share your thoughts!  (Read 7457 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Okay, before posting my comments here i saw an article which Paula commented that four was a crowd on the idol judging panel.. and i think i would love to disagree (Don't i sound like a judge? :funny:) Because sometimes i think Paula is really irrelevant (another judge comment) and Kara is way better as a judge than her! And i think with 4 judges there's really more perspectives. And sometimes although i hate what Simon says.. he is always RIGHT on the spot with EVERYONE.

Jasmine Murray, "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles
Given the high amount of airtime that she was given, i really think she blew her chance! She would have sailed through to the final 12 with an amazing opening song and such likable personality. Too bad, but i guess she will get another chance anyway with the wildcards.

Matt Giraud, "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay
It sounded nice, but going breathless in a song while singing is a NO-NO thing to do. I think he will get another shot at wildcard too. And at first i thought he might go through with his high airtime and relatively early fanbase.. but i guess it's not enough votes to sail through to the top 12. Wildcard pick #2.

Jeanine Vailes, "This Love" by Maroon 5
Gosh, tell me i'm not the only one who hates her. I think she's bitchy, sluttish, attention whore and extremely irritating to watch. No chance in the top 12, no chance for the wildcard.. BYE!

Nick Mitchell, "And I Am Telling You," Dreamgirls
What an insult to Jennifer Hudson. Seriously, does anyone wants him to be the next American Idol? I can do with a Top 10,000 in America and not include him as well. He was just a joke and he made a fool out of himself, and i guess he enjoyed all this attention. Same here, if Tatiana didn't advance, neither will he. He's a NO for top 12 and neither will he waste another wildcard spot. I'll kill the judges if they give him another chance to sing. STOP TORMENTING US.

Allison Iraheta, "Alone" by Heart
You know, after watching 4 crappy performances.. i had good vibes about her. There is something that is unique about this girl. And her captivating voice and everything, yes.. SHE BLEW ME AWAY! My gosh, although it got a little schreeccccyy for me.. i think it was overall definitely one of the best performances of the night. Heck! She was the best!!

Kris Allen, "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson
Only one time i disagreed with Simon. I absolutely agree with Kara here, i sense no soulful singing from him, it was extremely forgettable at the front part, such that even though the back part was good, it's not enough to score him a spot in the top 12.

Megan Corkrey, "Put Your Records On" by Corinne Bailey Rae
She's GOOD. She picked the exact right song for her voice, she's unique, she's likable and she's got an entire package. I would say she would be the third highest vote receiver and shoo in into the top 12.. not very sure about this though, but i hope she makes it! :D

Matt Breitzke, "If You Could Only See" by Tonic
Didn't like him anyway, and did anyone realise how Michael gets in the top 12 by being humble and appreciating the judges comments.. and he.. just shot off with "I like it anyway".. which is pretty much a turnoff for me. He'll get a wildcard chance anyway, but he won't be my favourite.. and i hope he doesn't make it.

Jesse Langseth, "Bette Davis Eyes," by Kim Carnes
I didn't even know why she had to "sing for survival" to get a spot in the top 36.. she's way better than 2 of the girls last week and she definitely made an impression for today. Perhaps she'll get a spot in the wildcards, perhaps not.. but i would love to give her yet another chance if i'm one of the judges. So she's definitely not going through, but i say bring her back for wildcard show!

Kai Kalama, "What Becomes of the Broken Hearted," by Jimmy Ruffin
He doesn't have the image, his voice does not blow me away. The entire song was boring that i had to fast forward and skip it. It was, unmemorable as Simon put it.

Mishavonna Henson, "Drops of Jupiter" by Train
After 4 judges comments, Kara finally expressed the judges thoughts hit on the spot.. "to loosen up abit".. *rolleyes at Paula* I think she's a good singer, nice song to hear through, didn't wow for me.. definitely a wildcard choice.

Adam Lambert, "Satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones
It's definitely the best male performance, and a great song to close the show. Too shouty for me for some parts but it was a good song choice, with all the high notes hitting the right spot when they should. It's a love it or hate it like what Simon said, but i think America will love it and shoo him into the top 12 too. And i think i want to see him in the top 12 too!

Overall, last week the guys were impressive.. this week the girls rule the guys! I believe our third most votes getter will be a girl and hope it will be a girl! Not as impressive as last week's show.. (what i meant was someone whom you will think, HE'S GONNA WIN FOR SURE) But maybe some may think about that for Adam.. but i think with Danny around he's going to have a hard run.

Here's my overall ranking -
1. Allison Iraheta - Alone
2. Adam Lambert - Satisfaction
3. Megan Corkrey - Put Your Record On
4. Mishavonna Henson - Drops of Jupiter
5. Jesse Langseth - Bette Davis Eyes
6. Kris Allen - Man in the Mirror
7. Matt Giraud - Viva La Vida
8. Jasmine Murray - Love Song
9. Matt Brietzke - If You Can Only See
10. Kai Kalama - What Becomes of the Broken-hearted
11. Jeanine Vailes - This Love
12. Nick Mitchell - And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going

Who i think will make it to the top 12 -
1. Allison Iraheta
2. Adam Lambert
3. Megan Corkrey

Who i think America will vote to the top 12 -
1. Allison Iraheta
2. Adam Lambert
3. Megan Corkrey

Who i hope gets a second shot at wildcard -
1. Mishavonna Henson
2. Jesse Langseth
3. Matt Giraud
4. Jasmine Murray

Yup, and *crosses finger for Nick to go home!* :meow:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: American Idol 8: Second group of 12 Perform! Share your thoughts!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 10:25:54 AM »
However, according to Dialidol.com -
(which has been 97% right for Season 7 predictions)

Adam Lambert has a 9.72 line business, followed by Allison with 6.72.

And you will be surprise who's next with the third most busy line..

Matt Giraud with 3.52, Jesse Langseth with 3.26 and Megan Joy Corkrey with 2.425. So i guess it might not actually be Megan who might advance to the next round who has made an impression. And Matt Giraud's fan base seems to be doing an amazing job in keeping him in the competition. Might be interesting to watch which contestant earns the third spot, my gut feeling says Matt, but i hope it's Megan.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 10:46:27 AM »
i agree with u on u r pick's 100 %.. did u check vote for the owrst sight i wonder who they picked to vote for last night..?? they might have picked matt..

this group was way better than the last one , my only complant is that all the girls had that same jazz/blues sound.. it is like they stuck them all in this group except alex who sang last week and got her spot. r all the girls going to compeat on the same music notes..

i did not pick up the phone this week at al my guy from last week did not make it in and we agreed on this message board he was good ricky i vote for him for like and hr. so i hope he gets a wild card spot.

the only thing i care about happening tonight is that 2 girls get in so ricky has a chance for a wild card one more boy needed please lol. next week though felica is sining so i had to reast my finger ..i am voteing for the full 2 hrs for her..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 11:19:41 AM »
Wow.. wasn't last night a train wreck for some of the contestants?  :groan:

I agree with both of you, I think Adam is going to be the one to beat, he was in his own element last night, no one else came close to his look or performance. (It was a little screechy at times...)

I have to say, Nick Mitchell aka Norman Gentle blew it. Blew it big time. He is a decent singer but AI is not for him and he proved it a thousand times over. (Maybe a million...) He wasn't funny, his act is getting stale. We've seen it before, we know what it will be and it is a parody of AI. It's too bad really, attending this summer it would have been entertaining to see him as part of the top 10 for a comedic break in the show.

I truly did not know who to vote for last night other than Adam Lambert. I have liked Matt Breitzke but it is NEVER a good idea to talk back to the judges. I crossed him off my list when he wouldn't back down. Sadly Matt, I see you going back to your welding job. 

We know the top choice... 2nd and 3rd will be interesting.  :yess:

One last comment, I wish Kara would get off the commercial singer thing. Yes, we know that's what you are looking for but most people watching don't know what that means and don't care even if they are the target audience.

Off my soapbox. LOL  :2cents:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 11:30:00 AM »
I truly did not know who to vote for last night other than Adam Lambert. I have liked Matt Breitzke but it is NEVER a good idea to talk back to the judges. I crossed him off my list when he wouldn't back down. Sadly Matt, I see you going back to your welding job. 

Exactly, even Tatiana knows how to keep her mouth shut. ;D

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 12:08:19 PM »

Yes she does! She didn't take the bait either when Kara and Paula tried to egg her on last week.  :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 12:14:38 PM »

Yes she does! She didn't take the bait either when Kara and Paula tried to egg her on last week.  :tup:

I was laughing like mad.. when she's controlling herself like mad.. and we all know that's not her! :funny:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 12:17:26 PM »
I was laughing like mad.. when she's controlling herself like mad.. and we all know that's not her! :funny:

:lol: No.. it isn't. I think she might do well on the stage...

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 12:28:55 PM »
This group is WEIRD. All the wrong song choices, then there was that hideous performances of Norman Gentle... You know I was just about to lament that they should've switched some singers with the first group, but thank God for the redeeming performances, phew.

Well the guys in this group didn't really impress, unlike last week's, where even if we did not have the great vocalists, we had a couple of really likeable guys. This week though, they were all pretty forgettable. The girls did not really impress me either, other than Megan and Allison, the rest were rather forgettable too. In my opinion, I thought last week's Top 12 were better. Will just comment on a few performances...

Jasmine Murray - I thought that was a totally wrong song choice, it's too laid-back I think, and it's so forgettable.

Jeanine Vailes - Kara hit it spot on, it was way OVERDONE. And This Love? It's such a weird song choice.

Norman Gentle - My goodness, I was SPEECHLESS when I saw his performance. Sure I heard about his weird antics, but that was the BOMB. Not in a good way, of course. I'm like... What? *checks the channel once more* Sure he's memorable, but NO WAY is he getting into the Top 12! Err, I hope. You know, I'd even rather Tatiana make it into the Top 12 than him.

Allison Iraheta - Love love love! Like finally, a great performance! The first few were really forgettable and here comes a sixteen year old to blow us all away. She's getting into the Top 12 for sure.

Kris Allen - Don't see him having a chance in the Top 12 after watching Megan and Adam's performance, but I really, really like him and I hope he's given a chance in the Wild Card!

Megan Corkrey - I really like her, she's got the audience appeal, the looks, the voice. I actually thought the song was a little laid-back though, so I wonder if she'll make the top 12 but I really hope so! But even if she doesn't make it, she's definitely got a shot in the Wild Card.

Adam Lambert - What I thought was the BOMB tonight, in a good sense this time. Sure it was screechy at some parts but my, is his range HUUUUUGE! I was really impressed by his high notes and here's another contestant who's definitely in the Top 12. He's got star quality and I think America will love him.

Who I hope will make it through:
1. Adam Lambert
2. Allison Iraheta
3. Megan Corkrey

Who I think will make it through:
1. Adam Lambert
2. Allison Iraheta
3. Matt Giraud (based on his fan-base but I sure wasn't impressed by his performance tonight, not one bit)

Who I hope to see in the Wild Card:
1. Megan Corkrey (if she doesn't make it)
2. Matt Giraud (same)
3. Jasmine Murray
4. Kris Allen
5. Matt Breitzke
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 02:54:54 PM »
Love your observations Ruth.  :tup: 

Norman Gentle - My goodness, I was SPEECHLESS when I saw his performance. Sure I heard about his weird antics, but that was the BOMB. Not in a good way, of course. I'm like... What? *checks the channel once more* Sure he's memorable, but NO WAY is he getting into the Top 12! Err, I hope. You know, I'd even rather Tatiana make it into the Top 12 than him.

The split personality aka Norma showed up last night and I agree with you, between the two, Tatiana can sing and this IS a singing competition!

Who I think will make it through:
1. Adam Lambert
2. Allison Iraheta
3. Matt Giraud (based on his fan-base but I sure wasn't impressed by his performance tonight, not one bit)

I think this might be the 3 who make it tonight but we could have a surprise with Megan Corkrey. It would balance the guys and girls out so they are even. (If that matters right now.) I don't think Matt Giraud performed well last night and the judges comments were not good.

I also wanted Kai Kalama to do well but he didn't... not at all.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 03:27:26 PM »
well if matt makes it in we will have an oil driller and a welder.. i do love the song he sang last night but i don't love how he talked to the judges. he was all uppity..jmo if vftw did not vote for him i don't think he will get in i think megan and the red head 16 yr old and the last guy adam will go trew..jmo and i posted onthe other tread that all the girls r singing in ths jazzy bluesy way and alexis sings that way also and she is trew. it will b boaring if we get all girls singing like that jmo..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 06:10:53 PM »
I was all set to vote for Matt, but his comments just made me say NO.. I didn't hate his song choice.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 09:02:59 PM »
Yup, especially his song wasn't really spectacular.. and he had to carry so much pride and disagree with Simon.

As America have shown their love for Simon comments (he just had to say i hope people vote for you, Michael!) and follow his advises everytime.. it was not very nice to talk back to him. He really blew his chances big time. I won't be surprise if he didn't make wild card either, for his persistence in disagreeing with the judges. :groan:

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 12:51:27 AM »
I am happy with tonights results.  I  didn't pick Kris (I changed my mind at the last minute) but I'm so glad that he made it.   :yess:  So far I am happy with the 6 that are on their way to the final 12    ;D   

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 12:56:32 AM »
Kris is probably very likable. And i bet America liked the second part of his performance and forgot about his first. And it really helped that he's after Allison as well.. and not the first one to perform.

1. Megan Corkrey
2. Matt Giraud
3. Jasmine Murray
4. Mishavonna Henson

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 01:08:42 AM »
The only problem that i have with a voting system like this is that.. girls will always tend to lose out. Because female fans will vote crazily for guys and guys fans.. are just... less hyperactive. :duno:

I wouldn't be surprise if the top 9 consist of 6 male and 3 female. Maybe they should have advanced top 2 male and top 2 female from each group, form the top 12 and get another 4 back from wildcard, forming the top 16.

Then they will be splitted into two groups of 8 and perform on 2 nights, (like last year) and one from each night will then be eliminated.. we'll do this for 3 weeks until we have a top 10.. then start eliminating them one by one.

But that's just too trouble.

I hope it goes like this -

Idol reveals top 24. (no restriction of 12 guys and 12 girls)

3 groups of 8 perform, top guy and girl goes through.. making up the final 6. (3 rounds)

Then they have a wildcard round, and they choose anyone they feel deserves a second shot and the judges will pick 3 to move on, while America vote for the highest contestant to move on. (Or either, each judge make their individual pick)

We don't always have to stick to a top 12...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 01:10:40 AM »
With that said, Megan will be a shoo in into the top 12 now. :funny: I would be surprise if she doesn't make it.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 09:23:52 AM »
With that said, Megan will be a shoo in into the top 12 now. :funny: I would be surprise if she doesn't make it.

Same here!  :tup:

I'm with Pledge, so far so good. Kris was a surprise but I'm OK with him being in the top 12.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 09:36:10 AM »
Kris was good, he just needs to pick the right song and gain some confidence..

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 12:38:42 PM »
I'm actually very pleased with the results. Adam and Allison were no surprises, and I'm actually glad that Kris made it. I kinda thought that he wouldn't have a chance, but I'd so much rather have him that Matt Giraud in the Top 12. For now at least, since I wasn't impressed with Matt last night. And also, Megan will probably have a better shot in the Wild Card round than Kris, so it's better that Kris gets in now, and Megan through the Wild Card. I'm pretty confident that if she picks the right song, she'd definitely be in the top 12. And with that, THANK GOD Nick Mitchell did not make it.

1. Megan Corkrey
2. Jasmine Murray
3. Matt Giraud
4. Jesse Langseth
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 12:46:33 PM »
Norman Gentle got the Tatiana treatment last night. Called up at the end only to be told he's going home. I'm sure he knew what was coming. There are too many good singers for him to be called back for a wild card. 

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 06:04:20 AM »
I agree with most sentiments here, except that I had the three in the Top 12 right now pegged right after the show ended. And yes, Megan SO deserves to be in the Wild Card.
I'm baaaaaack!