Author Topic: Amazing Race Asia -- More Recaps  (Read 9283 times)

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
Amazing Race Asia -- More Recaps
« on: February 23, 2009, 08:14:21 PM »
Okay, so. I know TARAsiaFan has a whole bunch of recaps over at his blog, but I thought it might be fun to do my own for Season 1 (at least). Here's the first episode. Enjoy!

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Asia -- More Recaps
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 09:03:28 PM »
Episode 2 is up, and so is Episode 3. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:45:54 AM by tarflyonthewall »

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 11:31:37 PM »
Episode 5 is up. Comments, thoughts, suggestions?

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 01:20:04 AM »
Okay, long story short, I'm taking a couple of weeks off because of a whole bunch of stuff happening (uni starting back on Monday, my birthday tomorrow, and some other stuff I'd really not go into), so the earliest the Episode 6 recap will be out is the 24th of March. And from then on, I'll be doing them fortnightly, and recapping a different show in the other weeks. I'll try and get a projected recap schedule up on the blog by this time next week.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 05:37:13 PM »
So, the blog's in the process of being revamped at the moment, which should hopefully make it a bit easier to find what you want. In related news, don't expect the Episode 6 recap before April.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 02:45:00 AM »
Turns out Blogger is an absolute [derogatory term of choice] about uploading the PDF files I was going to upload to make the recaps easier to read, so I've moved over to Wordpress. Episode 6 still isn't up (I was going to finish off the last little bit and have it up today, but the Celebrity Hunk of the Week passed away yesterday, and I'm still trying to figure out what to do about it.)

The new blog: Snide Asides.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 08:10:58 PM »
It's finally up. (Scroll down.) Thoughts, comments, suggestions? If I don't find out what you think, I can't improve on my writing.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 07:55:45 AM »
tarflyonthewall,

Four comments:
1. I like your cheeky, breezy writing style.
2. I went to your link and attempted to click on ARA1 episode 6. I got an error message, "File does not begin with %PDF" and a black screen.
3. Why no episode 4 recap?
4. I assume you are doing it tongue-and-cheek, but I don't like seeing you messing with the names of ARA1 racers. his name is "Sahran", not "Cirran". It's OK to apply that technique to "Or Clend", but not to names.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »
1. I like your cheeky, breezy writing style.

Thanks! That's exactly the mood I was going for (though the latest recap was unusually bitter.)

2. I went to your link and attempted to click on ARA1 episode 6. I got an error message, "File does not begin with %PDF" and a black screen.

Huh. That just happened to me too, which surprises me because it worked when I added it. I'll try and sort the problem out today.

3. Why no episode 4 recap?

Partially because I live in Melbourne, and there's this whole Melbourne-Sydney rivalry thing I subscribe to, which means I'll be making fun of the city's lameness instead of the teams and tasks for an entire hour, and partially because my copy of the episode -- found in several parts, if you know what I mean -- has a large section in the middle with audio problems so bad you'd swear everybody was Daleks. I could barely even watch it the first time, let alone recapping it. (But it did make 'Click Go The Shears' a helluva lot more fun.)

4. I assume you are doing it tongue-and-cheek, but I don't like seeing you messing with the names of ARA1 racers. his name is "Sahran", not "Cirran". It's OK to apply that technique to "Or Clend", but not to names.

Point taken, and after I fix this latest recap, I'm jumping around between seasons and episodes, so it's not going to happen as often anyway (I had one planned for Rovilson, and that was it.) Plus, it's a pain typing out Admiral Whinypants for Andrew every time.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 10:56:20 PM »
And fixed.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 08:23:50 PM »
Y'all know I love you, right?

Because I've moved the recaps to another new blog, and finally done a recap for the Sydney episode. Don't forget to let me know what you think!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 09:36:24 PM »
These are really entertaining to read tarflyonfthewall, I do not watch TARA usually, but these are entertaining!
 :tup:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 10:20:01 PM »
Thanks!

I wasn't sure how to write this one without coming off as too bitter about Sydney being visited yet again while Melbourne gets ignored, but I think I managed to straddle that line effectively. On the other hand, I may have been taking the "Things I Write Keep Really Happening" thing a bit too far with the TWoP-recap-inspired credits song, so I'm definitely going to tone that down in future.

I'm not sure how long you'll have to wait for the Episode 7 recap, though -- exams are coming up, and then after that I'm going to get some tenth-anniversary recaps done for the first season of our version of The Mole.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 10:52:35 PM by tarflyonthewall »

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 09:27:19 PM »
Episode 7 is up, and the posts have actually been arranged in an order which will result in me not having to delete everything and repost after every recap. Don't forget to comment!

(For those of you interested in my other work, if indeed there are any, this is the second recap in today's double header, with the other being episode 2 of Celebrity Survivor: Vanuatu, a crappy Aussie reality show which aired at the same time as TARA1.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 09:22:09 PM »
Episode 8 is up. If there's only one recap you read this season, make sure it's this one.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 11:52:35 PM »
It's been a while. But Episode 9 is up, and Episode 10 should be up within the next couple of weeks. Comments are always welcome.

(Disclaimer: I may or may not have repeatedly gotten Mardy and Marsio mixed up through this one. But I did check and confirm before starting the Episode 10 recap, so we should be fine from here on out.)