Author Topic: TAR14 EP4: 'It Was Like a Caravan of Idiots'(Siberia)  (Read 95305 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR14 EP4: 'It Was Like a Caravan of Idiots'(Siberia)
« Reply #225 on: March 08, 2009, 02:43:43 PM »
Want to guess the time?? :funny:

Thanks puddin for suffering through basketball to bring us the videos! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #226 on: March 08, 2009, 02:48:08 PM »
I'm not ready to see Amanda & Kris leave us! Send home Kisha & Jen instead!  :snicker:

Oh well, I knew it would come eventually. But it will still be a tough pill to swallow. :(

Do we know that Amanda and Kris are for sure eliminated?  There is still a chance, even though I doubt that something else will happen.
  :please: :'(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #227 on: March 08, 2009, 02:49:33 PM »

Golf I can take but Basketball triple headers are THEE WORST  :umn:  (:;)

I'm not ready to see Amanda & Kris leave us! Send home Kisha & Jen instead!  :snicker:

Oh well, I knew it would come eventually. But it will still be a tough pill to swallow. :(
No the sisters are great! haha I don't want any team to go! I'm still depressed about Brad & Victoria ...gosh  :'( .. 
Years ago I use to not care which team went as long as a team went .....that was for game purposes only. Now that I am not playing the games I realized that these ARE real, amazing people and its hard to let any team go  :crybabe:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: March 08, 2009, 02:52:44 PM »

Hooky ... How are you so confident 'Mander & Kris are going to Sequesterville?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #229 on: March 08, 2009, 02:56:47 PM »
Bonnie Hunt's show comment says eliminated couple. :'( :'( :'(

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: March 08, 2009, 03:00:59 PM »
Bonnie Hunt's show comment says eliminated couple. :'( :'( :'(

Got it.  Subtle.

Thanks peach.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: March 08, 2009, 03:11:51 PM »
Well technically any team of two is a couple.  It doesn't have to refer to dating status.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #232 on: March 08, 2009, 03:13:14 PM »

Hooky ... How are you so confident 'Mander & Kris are going to Sequesterville?
Sometimes its right under your nose.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: March 08, 2009, 03:14:47 PM »
Helloooooooo Margie

and if anyone cares ...I HATE BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!! :knuckles

I could be worse, you could be dealing with another spring cycle of Big Brother.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: March 08, 2009, 03:23:56 PM »

you dont love gus johnson or dick enberg? OH MY!!!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #235 on: March 08, 2009, 03:32:05 PM »

Years ago I use to not care which team went as long as a team went .....that was for game purposes only. Now that I am not playing the games I realized that these ARE real, amazing people and its hard to let any team go  :crybabe:
I love the tripleheaders! This is my time of year with the basketball and the beginning of the baseball season, plus The Masters! And I've been noticing in the last three posts, I keep using exclamation points! I have to stop that!

Anyway, the basketball overruns are good for us, not as good as NFL overruns, but they help too! More exclamation points! Nooooo!!!!! :groan:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #236 on: March 08, 2009, 03:33:08 PM »
I like "boogity boogity boogity" much better and thats pretty sad  :lol:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: March 08, 2009, 03:34:15 PM »
I don't quite get the "chi" of NASCAR, but then again, there's a lot of things I don't get. My goodness! The string of exclamation points stopped!!!! But they've started up again!!!! Damn!!! :groan:
Just here to visit.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: March 08, 2009, 03:38:02 PM »
I don't quite get the "chi" of NASCAR, but then again, there's a lot of things I don't get. My goodness! The string of exclamation points stopped!!!! But they've started up again!!!! Damn!!! :groan:

nascar= non athletic sad clueless american rednecks

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #239 on: March 08, 2009, 03:40:14 PM »
I kind of eliminated Mark & Michael because there were some rumors that they might've made a plane to Guillin, China.  Besides, they're rumored to be in the same group as Christie & Jodi and LaKisha & Jen, which is apparently the first group.

Now that I think of it, that makes LaKisha & Jen an unlikely team to be eliminated as well.  So I'm now going with Amanda & Kris, since they're apparently in the second group and the others in the second group all make it farther than Siberia.

BTW, I don't really want Amanda & Kris to go either, but I either like or am neutral on all the teams left (even Tammy & Victor), so it's hard to pick a team I really want to see go home.  That's a switch for me -- normally there's at least one team I can't wait to see go home!

Belle Book

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #240 on: March 08, 2009, 04:10:20 PM »
It could always be a surprise like the elimination of Kisha and Jen!
Why am I trying to stay positive?
 :'(
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 06:44:12 PM by Snooky101 »

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #241 on: March 08, 2009, 04:40:36 PM »
Are we sure someone's getting eliminated?  With two Siberia legs, I'm pretty sure this leg will actually be an NEL, with next week being capped off with an elimination.

If someone does get eliminated, though, then yeah, I'll say Amanda & Kris.  Or Kisha & Jen, since neither had any evidence of a sighting beyond Siberia.  I'd also throw in Christie & Jodi, but they seem to be in first on this leg.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #242 on: March 08, 2009, 04:57:30 PM »
It is hard to have an eliminated team on the Bonnie Hunt Show if there is no elimination, right? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: March 08, 2009, 05:07:33 PM »
It is hard to have an eliminated team on the Bonnie Hunt Show if there is no elimination, right? :lol:

my direct guide has this

Teams travel to Siberia, where a first-place team finds out how it feels to be in last place; one team scrambles for survival when a new twist is revealed; one team is eliminated.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #244 on: March 08, 2009, 07:03:32 PM »
Of all people, its Margie and Luke who is making a blind u-turn!?!?!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #245 on: March 08, 2009, 07:29:55 PM »
By far the best episode of the amazing race!! WOOHOO!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #246 on: March 08, 2009, 11:33:39 PM »
By far the best episode of the amazing race!! WOOHOO!
I agree, due to two things: the surprising winners and the equally-surprising losers!
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #247 on: March 08, 2009, 11:47:54 PM »
I am shocked.  Just . . . shocked.  With two legs in Siberia, I really figured that one would be a non-elimination leg.  But when Amanda & Kris gave their confessional how sure of themselves they were (being young and fit and all that), I had a feeling that this leg might be an elimination leg.  And then, Margie & Luke got worried about how strong and fast Kris was, and I had a feeling that they'd get U-Turned.  Finally, Amanda & Kris bitched about getting U-Turned, and I knew they were toast.

And my thoughts?  Good.  I liked them okay, but they really were the last generic team left.  So now that we've got seven really unique teams left in the race, I'm definitely going to be happy with whomever takes the big prize in the end.

Oh, and Christie & Jodi winning the leg?  FINE BY ME!  They really earned it!  Kisha & Jen would've had Kisha not botched the Roadblock and then missed the entrance to the theater.  This is the first time since All-Stars that two women's teams have taken the top two spots on a leg (as Dustin & Kandice and Charla & Mirna had three one-two finishes)!  Excellent episode, indeed!

And yes, Poo.  The women's teams did do well this week (Jaime & Cara's Detour struggle notwithstanding).  Really amazing that they all made it through four legs unscathed!  But I think that's as far as they're going before the first one takes a hit.

Okay.  Team analysis:

Christie & Jodi: Well-earned victory, indeed.  They thought smart in their Detour choice and stayed calm despite Christie's Roadblock struggle.  They were also smart to look up flights ahead of time and got ahead because of it.  I enjoyed seeing them own this leg, and I hope it's the start of them turning their performances around.

Kisha & Jen: Another really solid leg after last week's great leg.  They did just as well as Christie & Jodi save for Kisha's Roadblock brain fart.  I think if they'd just run to the right entrance of the theater, they'd have won the leg, for sure.

Tammy & Victor: Nice recovery this week.  They made good time with the Detour, Victor did well with the Roadblock, and they made up for their near-elimination the greatest of ease.  Congratulations to them.  I actually liked Victor a lot better this week, too.

Margie & Luke: Good job at the Detour, and it was smart to U-Turn Amanda & Kris since, as they said, they are strong and threatening (especially Kris).  Luke really had trouble with that Roadblock, but good on him to try writing down different combinations of letters.  But I hope they don't become the villain team next week.

Jaime & Cara: Jaime really panicked at the Detour when their wall started to fall, but good on Cara for staying as calm as she could, and keeping Jaime from going over the top.  But girls, please stop the "no need for boys!" thing.  It was cute in your Insider videos, but it could get old here.

Mel & Mike: Lowest finish so far, and all because of a.) messing up at the Stack Detour and b.) messing up at finding the delivery location of the Construct Detour.  Mel cleaned up at the Roadblock, though, so of the bottom three teams, they deserved to finish ahead of all of them.

Mark & Michael: They could've easily nailed a place in the top three if they'd just started over with the stacking or just not messed it up.  Switching Detours slowed them down, and failing to find the house slowed them down even more.  Michael also failed to pay close enough attention at the Roadblock, but good job figuring out the answer right away upon getting all seven letters.  I'm sure losing all their money will hurt them going forward, though.  They're very lucky Amanda & Kris got U-Turned, or they would've been toast.

Amanda & Kris: Switching Detours was the catalyst for their demise.  Not finding the house location in time made things worse for them.  Getting U-Turned by Margie & Luke was the clincher.  I'm okay with this ending, though.  They were a strong, solid team, but also very, very, very generic, and, to be honest, kind of boring.  So I'm not sad to see them go.

Oh, and I'd have probably done Stack for the Detour, but wouldn't have been opposed to doing Construct, either.

So . . . after episode four:

LOVE: Christie/Jodi, Kisha/Jen, Tammy/Victor, Margie/Luke, Jaime/Cara, Mel/Mike, Mark/Michael
LIKE: No one
NEUTRAL: No one
DISLIKE: No one
HATE: No one

Oh, my God!  What a great season, indeed!  For me, only loves are left!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 01:04:07 PM by Ashe »
Jamison

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #248 on: March 09, 2009, 01:19:00 AM »
Did the demonstration stacks use cheats? In this photo you can see "wedge sticks" against the demonstration piles, using the method explained on this page.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #249 on: March 09, 2009, 01:25:12 PM »
Christie and Jodi - Wow, I never really expected them to come in first but they came from the back and just surprised us! Four episodes now, four different teams coming in first! Now that's what I call awesome. =)

Kisha and Jen - That was a waste, missing the entrance to the theatre. First at the Roadblock, first at the Detour. But that's alright, I'd rather have Christie and Jodi come in first. They worked really well together this episode I must say, and they've been doing well these two legs.

Tammy and Victor - Great recovery, I just love to see them nice to each other and all. Love how they worked so well together at the Detour and just beat everyone else on the second flight. And I thought it was funny when Victor was so eagerly saying at the U-turn, "not our fault, not our fault!" that was cute, lol.

Margie and Luke - They're consistent, fourth place three legs in a row. I wish they hadn't used the U-turn though. Sure, they got rid of a thread, but I always believe that those who use the U-turn will probably not win, hee. They didn't really need to use it in my opinion, they were quite ahead, and if they hadn't used it, Michael and Mark, my least favourite team, could have gone home!

Cara and Jaime - LOL at the Roadblock! Jaime simply assembled those letters, the person told her it was correct, and was she SHOCKED. I just LOVED her expression and how she was cheering over there with Cara asking her to hurry up lol. Love this team!

Mel and Mike - Pity they were walking round in circles, they could've done better. And I thought it was funny that they referred to Mark/Michael as "the little guy". That was really cute! Lol.

Mark and Michael - That was such a missed opportunity for them. First flight, leading, and all of a sudden fell almost to last place. They were lucky that Amanda and Kris were U-turned, otherwise they might have been the ones gone, what with them having problems with paying their cabbie.

Amanda and Kris - That. Must. Really. Suck. I mean, it's just so hard, struggling with the first Detour, changing tasks, struggling again looking for the house, when they were finally done they realised they were U-turned, and had to go back to the difficult task they abandoned in the first place. Sigh, I just felt so sad, and so bad for them! Yet they persevered all the way. Why must my favourite team U-turn the other favourite team! Now I'm reminded of TAR 12 when Lorena and Jason went out the same way... I'll really miss Amanda and Kris, they were so sweet =(
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`