Author Topic: TAR14 EP4: 'It Was Like a Caravan of Idiots'(Siberia)  (Read 95552 times)

NoluckBoston

Re: TAR14 EP4: 'It Was Like a Caravan of Idiots'(Siberia)
« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2009, 08:17:19 PM »

"I've looked at shots of "the other airport", but I'm going nowhere! I can rule out Sheremtyevo, but it has similarities to all of Bucharest, Domodedovo and Vnukovo..." Neobie

I think all three shots are Bucharest. Here are a few I found.

I found this picture of a sculpture at the airport. Notice the Metal flashin on the corners of the columns.

I looks very similar to these to shots.

Finlay I found these dude at that airport

and I noticed the arrow over his head looks like this arrow from our pics.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2009, 08:50:42 PM »
I have found it (Eureka in Greece)! The word Beszallas does not tranlate into Romanian or Russian. There are only a few more possibilities for connecting airports. It does translate into Hungarian, and means "Embarkation" which is pretty close to the English "To Gates". That picture must be in Budapest as Hungarian is not used in airports outside of Transylvania or Hungary.

It occured to me that maybe we are looking at a Brasov aiport, but the closest airport to Brasov is Bucharest. Also, this does not look like a Brasov train station. That leads me ot the conclusion that we are looking at the Budapest airport. One of the options from Bucharest to Moscow-Domodedovo connects through Budapest. Those flights on NOv. 7 only are MA857 OTP BUD 0615 0630 (Budapest is one hour behind Bucharest; it's not a 15 minute flight) to MA104 BUD DME 0850 1320. That would allow teams to connect at DME to S7 071 DME KJA 2220 0645 or to take a taxi ride across Moscow to Vnukovo airport (UT571 2040 0600) or Sheremetyevo airport (SU779 2055 0540) to get there up to one hour earlier.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2009, 09:19:10 PM »
Nice work guys!! :jumpy:

I love watching y'all build on each other, great teamwork!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2009, 10:07:42 PM »
I finally got a clear copy

reposting as thumbnails *click*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #179 on: March 04, 2009, 10:32:19 PM »

I think all three shots are Bucharest. Here are a few I found.

The floors and ceilings are a good match NoLuck  :tup:

Henri Coandă International Airport

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: March 04, 2009, 10:40:14 PM »
As well as the red/white "forbidden" sign matching up. Looks good, Boston. Is it possible the "other airport" remark could be a Otopeni vs. Baneasa issue?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2009, 12:58:15 AM »
:umn: Maybe they don't know "who" got U-Turned until the one detour option is complete? That sure would put some pressure on! So if Mike/Mel Mark/Michael Kris/Amanda switched detours, I guess? then they have to go back and complete the one that they skipped? I dunno  :funny: :pull but thanks TPTB for giving us something to talk about!

The u-turn is always after one detour is already complete anyways isn't it?
You finish the detour and then before the next route marker or at the end of the detour there is a u-turn.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2009, 01:11:01 AM »
Looking at it, it just looks like if somebody gets U-Turned, they won't know who did it to them.

If this is correct, the bigger question will be whether or not they have to surrender their "courtesy of" sticker.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2009, 01:19:55 AM »
:umn: Maybe they don't know "who" got U-Turned until the one detour option is complete? That sure would put some pressure on! So if Mike/Mel Mark/Michael Kris/Amanda switched detours, I guess? then they have to go back and complete the one that they skipped? I dunno  :funny: :pull but thanks TPTB for giving us something to talk about!

You finish the detour and then before the next route marker or at the end of the detour there is a u-turn.
That works for me  :funny:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2009, 01:32:17 AM »

I will not explain to you again how a u-turn works LOL  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2009, 01:38:08 AM »

I will not explain to you again how a u-turn works LOL  :lol:
Well this is a special "blind" U-Turn so  :neener: :carryon:

Offline booboobooboo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #186 on: March 05, 2009, 06:22:03 AM »
What if they pull their own name out of the blind u-turn box?

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #187 on: March 05, 2009, 06:42:35 AM »
With the blind u-turn being shown so much, in promos, in commercials, not even reaching the real episode this sunday, I'm 75% sure that it's an elimination leg.  :'(

I also guess that someone's surely u-turned.  :yess:  We just have to figure it out by the spoilers...

Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: March 05, 2009, 09:01:58 AM »
As well as the red/white "forbidden" sign matching up. Looks good, Boston. Is it possible the "other airport" remark could be a Otopeni vs. Baneasa issue?

Slowhatch, there is one flight out of Banaesa to Vienna which connects there to Moscow-DME. I actually see that the 930am flight listed in my recent Timelines posting is from Baneasa and not Otopeni airport in Bucharest(I missed that until you raised this issue). That is the second of 3 flight combinations that get to SVO or second of two to DME.

Although it is possible, I do not conisder it likely that any teams went to Banaesa. It is a considerably smaller airport.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #189 on: March 05, 2009, 01:51:35 PM »
With the blind u-turn being shown so much, in promos, in commercials, not even reaching the real episode this sunday, I'm 75% sure that it's an elimination leg.  :'(

I also guess that someone's surely u-turned.  :yess:  We just have to figure it out by the spoilers...

99.9% sure a team WILL be eliminated! 100% sure per clues that a team is Blind U-Turned. << how ever that works  :groan:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 05, 2009, 01:55:35 PM »

99.9% sure a team WILL be eliminated! 100% sure per clues that a team is Blind U-Turned. << how ever that works  :groan:

GOOOO TAMMY AND VICTOR!

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #191 on: March 05, 2009, 02:24:57 PM »

GOOOO TAMMY AND VICTOR!
What are you talking about?! . . . Oh, I get it.  Never mind.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

honeybee

« Reply #192 on: March 05, 2009, 02:30:21 PM »
This shot was taken between 8:20 and 8:40 am (assumes November 8th).

Probably an hours of operation delay and the Roadblock is the first task of the leg.

I have a few comments to make:

- I do think that this shot was taken early in the morning, but it could have been shot before any teams had even arrived in Siberia, for promotional purposes/added shots.  Later, all of the shots of teams in the carts are from a camera attached to the front of the cart looking back at them.  So this time does not necessarily mean that is when they performed the roadblock.

- In fact, I was trying also to determine if the roadblock or detour comes first by looking at the sky.  In some shots of the roadblock with Luke in the cart you can see little breaks of sky, and during the detour shots everything looks cloudy with no breaks.  Maybe the roadblock is later in the day when the sun tried to break through a little bit?

- Also in the cab ride where Mark/Michael say they have a lead, it is dark.  But both the roadblock & detour have plenty of light, so I think it is very possible that the other teams catch up to the other three, taking away their lead.

- I agree that in the commercial it sounds like "WHO got u-turned", but if not mistaken it sounds very much like Mark's voice to me.  In which case Mike pointing behind him could very well be Amanda & Kris.  Considering Mel & Mike's entire woodpile tumbling to the ground I would not be surprised if they switched detours at that moment.

Looking at it, it just looks like if somebody gets U-Turned, they won't know who did it to them.

- Definitely only room on that sign for one big picture.  I think that the team can pick whomever they want, but since they don't have to post their picture (so no one knows who did it to them) it is "blind".   I didn't look it up, but if I remember correctly, no one used the U-turn on anyone last season, right?  No one wanted to hurt feelings or have karma to play itself out, so I bet the producers thought it might get used if no one knows who did it.  However I'm sure then teams will start speculating conspiracy theories...

- Notice we have no shots of either Amanda or Kris performing the roadblock.  Maybe on purpose?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 05:47:47 PM by honeybee »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2009, 07:08:30 AM »
Michael,
Of course you don't specify where you want Tammy and Victor to go. It's not nice to root against a team by rooting for them. Surely the reality TV gods will see through your strategy and make your mocking wish for Tammy and Victor really come true in a good way.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2009, 12:19:40 PM »
Michael,
Of course you don't specify where you want Tammy and Victor to go. It's not nice to root against a team by rooting for them. Surely the reality TV gods will see through your strategy and make your mocking wish for Tammy and Victor really come true in a good way.

I think the same way with Nick and Starr... It doesn't really work.  :lol:

Since it is such a BLIND u-turn could Margie and Luke U-turn Cara and Jamie or the other way around?....
Maybe not.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 02:25:07 PM by Snooky101 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2009, 06:13:34 PM »
Thanks Phil!!
Phil traveled about 24 hours straight
Teams flying in *tonight*

The Amazing Race 14 - Phil's Diary: Episode 4

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: March 06, 2009, 06:32:25 PM »
Mary's cute!
Just here to visit.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: March 06, 2009, 07:49:22 PM »
Michael,

But it's Michael. The reality TV gods hate him.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #198 on: March 06, 2009, 09:02:45 PM »

GOOOO TAMMY AND VICTOR!

:funny:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #199 on: March 06, 2009, 09:14:36 PM »

GOOOO TAMMY AND VICTOR!

:funny:

Let's just hope!
 :funny: )-**