Author Topic: The Chopping Block  (Read 7278 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
The Chopping Block
« on: February 22, 2009, 08:20:05 PM »
A new reality cooking show from NBC. Eight couples compete for a prize of $250,000 hoping to make their dream of owning a restaurant come true. 

The Chopping Block

SERIES PREMIERE Wednesday, March 11th 8/7c – Acclaimed Chef Marco Pierre White challenges potential restaurateurs on The Chopping Block!

Celebrated chef and restaurateur Marco Pierre White (UK's "Hell's Kitchen") serves up a new original cooking competition series "The Chopping Block," in which the British Michelin star chef offers neophyte hopeful chefs/restaurateurs a chance to compete in America's greatest restaurant challenge. "The Chopping Block" will expose the unseen pitfalls and behind-the-scenes madness that goes into opening a restaurant -- with a grand prize of $250,000. The controversial and unpredictable White represents the contestants' best chance to make their dreams come true, as he is one of the world's most notable chefs and restaurateurs and they will all be under his critical eye.

The heat is on when White ushers the contestants -- split into two teams of four couples each -- to two empty restaurant spaces, side-by-side, in the middle of Manhattan. There, they are given less than a week to accomplish a multitude of tasks, including a design and makeover of each space, planning a menu, and generating buzz-worthy publicity to ensure a crowd on opening night. Both establishments will open at the same time and will be competing for the same customers -- against 26,000 other restaurants in the world's busiest (and hungriest) city.

In each episode, noted food critics will be assigned to observe the chaos that inevitably unfolds on opening night and after the dust has settled, White will return with the reviews. The worst-performing team will have to plead their case -- because one couple will be asked to remove their aprons as they are sent home

Source: http://www.nbc.com/chopping-block/
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:24:42 PM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Chopping Block
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 08:25:56 PM »
I love the cooking shows, this might be fun to watch.    :sucks

The teams

Photos courtesy: NBC
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 04:43:51 PM by TexasLady »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 01:43:06 AM »
I might watch depending whats on when its on. I've seen the previews it looks alright! thanks for posting TL!
Sadly the only thing I watch on NBC is DOOL's

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 07:48:23 AM »
I might watch depending whats on when its on. I've seen the previews it looks alright! thanks for posting TL!
Sadly the only thing I watch on NBC is DOOL's

Gosh, I don't  watch much on NBC either now that you mention it. I'll DVR this if if interferes with AI!  :-[

Whoa! Hell's Kitchen meet Top Chef meet the Chopping Block!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToYOH6-nMqs&eur
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 08:55:33 AM by TexasLady »

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 10:09:25 AM »
ty for the info tl.. yea nbc doesn;t have me dvring or watching. i am a abc cbs and fox mostly with a little bravo and mtv mix..i think the most dvring i do is on fox. uless big brother is on..also i found a new show about doing hair it is like wife swap only 2 hairdressers swap it is realy good.. i think it is called stylest.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 09:42:10 AM »
ty for the info tl.. yea nbc doesn;t have me dvring or watching. i am a abc cbs and fox mostly with a little bravo and mtv mix..i think the most dvring i do is on fox. uless big brother is on..also i found a new show about doing hair it is like wife swap only 2 hairdressers swap it is realy good.. i think it is called stylest.

I never realized how much I DO watch Reality TV, but then I'm here aren't I!  :funny:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 10:30:33 AM »
I LOVE MY REALITY!!!! to the tune of i want my mtv, lol
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 02:37:23 PM »
I just saw ads for this this past weekend. I have never heard of Chef Marco Pierre White (now there's a non sequitur, a Frenchman with Italian roots). so the grandiose claims being made are outrageous. After all, this is not a Gordon Ramsay with 13 Michelin stars to his name. Is White "one of the most notable chefs and restauranteurs?" I think not. Obviously NBC has been associating with the Donald Trump School of Hyperbole for too long.

I also object to the characerization of New York as the world's busiest and hungriest city. How about Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, or Mumbai? Each of these is much larger than New York City and I bet people there are as hungry as New Yorkers are.

My television will stay tuned to other channels on March 11 and every Wednesday night.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:14:28 AM by apskip »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 08:32:12 AM »
I'll give it a shot. It better be good though because Wed night is a busy TV night for me.  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 10:45:24 AM »
Thank you for all the useful information TL :<3

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 09:25:01 AM »
SERIES PREMIERE Wednesday, March 11th 8/7c

Celebrated chef and restaurateur Marco Pierre White (UK's "Hell's Kitchen") serves up a new original cooking competition series "The Chopping Block," in which the British Michelin star chef offers neophyte hopeful chefs/restaurateurs a chance to compete in America's greatest restaurant challenge. "The Chopping Block" will expose the unseen pitfalls and behind-the-scenes madness that goes into opening a restaurant -- with a grand prize of $250,000. The controversial and unpredictable White represents the contestants' best chance to make their dreams come true, as he is one of the world's most notable chefs and restaurateurs and they will all be under his critical eye.

The heat is on when White ushers the contestants -- split into two teams of four couples each -- to two empty restaurant spaces, side-by-side, in the middle of Manhattan. There, they are given less than a week to accomplish a multitude of tasks, including a design and makeover of each space, planning a menu, and generating buzz-worthy publicity to ensure a crowd on opening night. Both establishments will open at the same time and will be competing for the same customers -- against 26,000 other restaurants in the world's busiest (and hungriest) city.

In each episode, noted food critics will be assigned to observe the chaos that inevitably unfolds on opening night and after the dust has settled, White will return with the reviews. The worst-performing team will have to plead their case -- because one couple will be asked to remove their aprons as they are sent home.

Source: http://www.nbc.com/chopping-block/about/

I'll DVR it, see if it's worth my viewing time.  :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 10:09:34 AM »
Excerpt:

Chef Marco Pierre White hosts the reality show ''The Chopping Block,'' in which pairs of hopefuls try to open a new restaurant. (Virginia Sherwood/NBc)
By Devra First
Globe Staff / March 11, 2009

With "Top Chef," "Hell's Kitchen," "Iron Chef," "The Next Food Network Star," and all the planned spinoffs of the above, cooking can now be considered a competitive sport. Tiger Woods drew 1.7 million viewers to the Golf Channel last month with his much-hyped return after surgery. That same day, 3.7 million took in Bravo's "Top Chef" season finale.

Into that landscape, NBC launches "The Chopping Block." Will it bring anything new to the table? Even the name bears an unfortunate resemblance to the previous latest installment in the genre. The Food Network's "Chopped" premiered in January.

Here's the premise: Two teams compete for $250,000. (Cue dramatic voice-over: "It's the chance of a lifetime.") Each group is given an empty restaurant space they must decorate, create menus for, and open virtually overnight. If this sounds familiar, that's because it's essentially a show-length version of the Restaurant Wars challenge on "Top Chef." No problem - reality TV has proved that we will watch a formula that works over and over again.

Read the rest at: http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2009/03/11/not_much_new_cooking_on_chopping_block/

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 10:23:31 AM »
My hubby and I watched and it wasn't bad. Two teams, a red team and a black team, compete to open their separate restaurant. The teams are comprised of pairs who will compete for a chance to own their own restaurant.

The cast is confusing, they really aren't introduced when the show begins and the viewer must figure out that the two teams are comprised of the various pairs competing against the other team/pairs. They must work with each other as a team and do their best because the losing team will lose one pair at the end of the episode.

The opening scenes show people having to clean and decorate a restaurant then cuts to the scene where they must prepare a dish for Marco. Everyone has fifteen minutes to find something in two large trucks stocked with food and then rush to the kitchen to prepare something for him. After Marco samples each offering, the winner is named head chef for the next evening’s service. The viewer is left wondering, where are these kitchens. Are they the ones they had to clean? Once the dishes are analyzed and a head chef chosen they are told they must be open for dinner the next evening. (!!!)

Menus are prepared, sous chefs are chosen as well as the front of the house personnel for each restaurant. The teams don't realize that it won't be Marco judging their food but a food critic who comes to dine and observe the quality of the food and the service.

I'll give it a little longer to see how it develops. It's not Hell's Kitchen and it's not Top Chef. Is it a winning formula? We'll see.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 12:16:09 PM »
This is such a strange show. 8 couples, 16 people compete in two teams. One team member serves while the other member cooks. Chef Marco says the most important thing in a restaurant is the environment you sit in. So they are given a challenge of painting a blank wall to do with what they wish. The “front of the house” teams are sent to Pier One to find something to make their restaurant "Pop!" What they aren't told is they must also decorate the entire restaurant before service the next evening. The winning team gets $10,000 plus $3000. The losing team must decorate with $3000.

While the serving teams shop, the chefs are given a cooking lesson by Chef Marco on preparing a fresh, appetizing dish in fifteen minutes. For the red team he finds fresh tomatoes, capers, olives, olive oil and sea bass and serves it simply.  He shows the black team how to make something simple and make it taste great. Ingredients are coriander, scallops, oranges, lemons. 

The Red Team and Black team decorate their space with a table and place settings. Something that reflects what they would like as a proper environment when dining. Red team uses a shiny red for the wall but add a vertical stripe of a red matte finish to add interest but their tablecloth is wrinkled and the table is wobbly. Marco says it really bothers him, he doesn't like a wobbly table in a restaurant. The black team uses a bright yellow for the wall but neglect to add water glasses to the table setting. One team member wanted to add the water glass but was told ‘No, they don't like having a water glass on the table,’ and that cost them. (Think drama!) Marco tells us from his chair that it lets him see into their mind. Red team wins so they get the extra cash.

The next challenge is to prepare a party for 60 guests with a guest host,  top fashion designers. Nicole Miller for the red team and Rebecca Taylor for the black team. Marco tells the black team to work together. Pull the rope together; otherwise they (?) will hang you. The guests are accustomed to dining in small restaurants so don't mess up. (Marco sitting in his chair wagging his finger says strange things that sound so authoritative but... They will hang you?

For some inexplicable reason the Red team buys Chilean sea bass but Nicole Miller tells a representative of the red team she doesn't want it served because they are endangered specie. They also ordered halibut and baby chicken but not enough because of the sea bass purchase. (See where this is going?) Marco shows them how to trim the chicken leg so it can be eaten whole in one bite, and eats one leaving 19 left and he tells them to give each diner a whole chicken, but they only ordered 40. (Sixty patrons.. hope they don't all order baby chicken.)

I can't even remember what the black team served except a nice salad and lamb.

The food critic, Jeffrey Steingarten orders halibut but but the red team has run out so Michael the chef in charge says switch to the sea bass and the server tells the critic, sorry we're out of halibut but we have Chilean sea bass. Steingarten tells him it is endangered. The server makes a joke, it isn't endangered here and Steingarten laughs. However Nicole Miller storms into the kitchen upset that she heard someone order the sea bass and she refuses to let it be served, the chef in charge Michael, prepares farm raised salmon that is 5 days old. (I'm just reporting...) Mrs. Steingarten doesn't like salmon, and Steingarten doesn't like FARM RAISED salmon. The server doesn't appear to tell Steingarten about the switch and in his critique he mentions that he was told he'd be served the sea bass but got salmon, farm raised salmon.)

Red team loses and the infighting begins. Michael blames Lisa, and as the blame is spread around, Marco asks Chad what he did in the kitchen. He tells Marco that he was the backup chef and prepared several vegetarian dishes that they hadn't planned for. Marco presses Chad about being a backup. Was he playing safe and under the radar? Is he quitting? Chad's partner, Mikey, gives an impassioned speech about how proud he is of the service, how nice his restaurant looks. Marco corrects him, THEIR restaurant. Back to Chad, Marco asks him again to defend himself and he doesn't. Another quitter. Chad and Mikey are gone.

Marco back in his chair, waving his finger says Chad highlighted his weakness by agreeing with his team members. You can't give a man a restaurant who is prepared to lay down. You give a restaurant to a man who is prepared to fight for it.

In his exit interview Chad tells us he wasn't the strongest person in the kitchen and defends his friend Mikey as one of the most amazing front of the house people he's ever known. Mikey says they came into this as a team, they leave as a team.

So far in the two episodes we've seen, a team quits. Step it up producers and Marco, or this show will be on The Chopping Block permanently.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 03:19:07 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 08:15:43 AM »
Since I called Chad and Mikey quitters I thought I'd post a clip and link to Chad's exit interview. It gives a better perspective on why he didn't fight to stay and how his demise came about . The show really isn't a cooking show, it's how to open and manage a restaurant but since it's a realty show, time is compressed. Probably too compressed.

Clip:

The Chopping Block Exit Interview: Chad is Chopped Taking Mikey Down With Him

Mikey Torres and Chad Phillips, two best friends from Washington, D.C., were the second couple chopped from NBC’s The Chopping Block, Wednesday night.  Fancast spoke to the duo after their dramatic elimination where chef extraordinaire Marco Pierre White and the red team called Chad a “weak link” who wouldn’t fight to stay. Chad and Mikey don’t deny that - but have some choice words of their own for teammates Michael and Panya who they call the show’s emerging villains out for blood.  Read on for more on what went wrong during a dinner party for Nicole Miller (a conspiracy says Chad!) and who will be giving Michael and Panya a run for their restaurant blood money.

Chad, what happened during the elimination?  You seemed in the clear until you volunteered that you were a “back-up” in the kitchen - do you regret that?

Chad - I don’t regret saying I was a back-up because that day, that’s what I was.  I had asked Michael who was the head chef that day what I needed to do.  That’s generally what someone working for a head chef in the kitchen does.  They’re given a task and are supposed to follow through with it.  My task was to get the specific bread Nicole Miller requested, and the whole head chef screw-up was ordering the Chilean Sea Bass without even knowing what Nicole wanted, and then when it came back that she specifically didn’t want sea bass, I was the one sent back and forth to the grocery store several times, to fix his mistake.  So no, I don’t regret saying I was more of a back-up because that’s what I was.

Marco told you to fight to stay but you didn’t.  Did you want to leave?

C - Marco is a very aggressive chef to begin with and when it comes to who I am and the way that I like to cook, I’m aggressive in my own way, but not necessarily by trying to stab or blackmail or throw anyone under the bus.  And when he made those little comments, it was like; you really don’t even know the situation.  Yes, you’ve been around, and you’ve been in our kitchen during tapings but when it came down to it, he didn’t know any of the situation; there wasn’t a whole lot to cook, he didn’t know or see the fact that I plated all 65 desserts by myself in the freezer.  And after head chef Michael decided to pull the salads, I was the one to re-plate most all of them with Chelsea.  So it was the kind of thing, if you’re going to make a shabby comment at least know what you’re talking about.  And he didn’t.  But I’m not saying anything bad about him; I’m just saying he just knew what everyone had presented to him.  I respect and love Mikey and had I been able to make a split, I would have jumped off ship and gladly left him to do what he was doing which was a phenomenal job.  I didn’t necessarily want to leave, but I was the least experienced person there, and when I know that I don’t have any tricks up my sleeve outside presentation and the design of something, and when it comes down to the hard core cooking, there was one person in particular, Lisa, that there was no doubt I could even get close to.  I didn’t necessarily want to leave but I wanted to leave the room at that moment and be given 20 minutes to think of how to state my case, but, sadly, we weren’t given that time and all things were pointing towards another couple and then one individual in the couple spoke up and all the guns were pointed at us.

Source: http://www.fancast.com/blogs/tv-news/the-chopping-block-exit-interview-chad-is-chopped-taking-mikey-down-with-him/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 11:52:44 PM »
 :funny: buh bye

NBC yanks 'Chopping Block'

NBC is pulling cooking competition series "Chopping Block" from primetime after three weeks on the air, sources said.

The network informed affiliates Thursday night that the reality series starring renowned chef Marco Pierre White will be off Wednesday nights as of next week.

"Block" will be replaced with repeats of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent." The "CI" episodes are repeats of episodes that have previously aired on NBC; the episodes that previously only aired on USA Network will still make their broadcast debut on NBC starting April 29 as originally announced.

"Block" debuted modestly March 12, then fell in the ratings with each episode. Sources said NBC plans to run off the remaining episodes at some point.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i46b00e47f06110d87b5b59d39c3fd8a2

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 01:21:23 AM »
hehehe more

'Chopping Block' Chopped by NBC

"The Chopping Block" has been given the ax by NBC.

After three weeks of subpar ratings, the network has decided to pull the low-rated reality kitchen competition from its lineup effective immediately, a person familiar with the situation said. NBC informed affiliates of the decision today.

Repeats of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" will fill the 8 p.m. Wednesday time slot for the time being. It's not clear when, or if, "Chopping Block" will return to NBC's lineup, but a network insider said executives hope to bring it back sometime this season.

"The Chopping Block's" fate became inescapable Thursday morning when ratings for the previous night's episode came in. The show dipped below a 1.0 rating among adults 18-49, immediately transforming its ratings from disappointing to embarassing.

Ratings watchers are now waiting to see what NBC will do with its well-regarded new drama "Kings," which has also been struggling to find an audience. If it falls below a 1.0 this Sunday, it may also get cut. Last week's episode of "Kings" averaged a 1.3 among adults 18-49.

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2009/03/chopping_block_chopped_by_nbc.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 04:15:05 AM »
From Variety:

NBC cuts 'Chopping Block'

Show removed from primetime schedule

NBC has chopped "The Chopping Block" off its primetime schedule, effective immediately.
Peacock will instead run repeats of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. starting April 1. NBC said it still hoped to bring the show back at a later date.

Decision to yank "Block" comes after the show posted an unappetizing 0.9 rating and 2 share among adult 18-49 -- and just 2.6 million viewers overall.

The cooking competish, hosted by U.K. chef Marco Pierre White, comes from Granada America

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118001746.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 07:48:43 AM »
Thank you for posting this Marigold. We had the worst hail storm in years on Wednesday night and I haven't been able to watch this episode yet. (Baseball size hail!)

Wednesday night was a super busy night for television, so I'm not surprised by the ratings drop. It had to go up against Idol. It's a shame because it was beginning to grow on me.   :lol:

I hope they put the rest of the episodes on the web so we know who finally won.  :tup:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:16:20 PM by TexasLady »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 11:32:59 AM »

Oh no I did not watch nor will I watch it at a later date I’m a huge Gordon Ramsay fan who I am sure had a chuckle himself over this news his personal more than even mine.

They are rivals and have a bad history between them it’s been on the news so I am glad Chopped got the axe  :yess:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 04:23:58 PM »
Because I've had several PMs about the show and my recaps, (such as they are!!!) I'll post a recap of Episode 3. There appears to be some discussion about airing the final six episodes at another time or putting them up as videos. One way or another, NBC should allow the winning team to be announced.

Episode 3
Crimson Team: 3 couples remain
Black Team: 3 couples remain

The challenge for the chefs this week, enter "The Wild" by going to the park with Steve Brill and find wild foods to use in a dish they must prepare for Marco. Brill shows them cattail, wild strawberries, field garlic and sheep sorrel. They are all given samples of the various herbs to eat including the garlic. (Shouldn't they be washed first?)

With their wild herbs, the chefs return to the kitchen to watch Marco prepare a soup with the herbs from the park. The challenge for the chefs, using rabbit, duck, squab, fresh water perch or carp, prepare a dish for Marco in one hour.

The Black team working as a team, serve Grilled Squab with vegetables and a Mushroom Duxelles. They feel confident that they have won. 

The Crimson team led by Lisa chooses the carp but halfway through the prep she find it needs deboning and they don’t have the tools to clean the fish properly and she doesn’t want Chef Marco to choke on a bone so they switch to the perch to prepare Perch Provencal with grilled vegetables. Marco declares that the Crimson team is all over the place. He gives them no credit for changing the protein so he wouldn’t encounter bones.

The Black team wins, he prefers their dish and their reward is the services of a top New York Maître Di and Marco tells them to make the most of his services, learn from him. Neither team will have a reservation book, no bar tender, no bus boys.

Back in their own restaurant kitchens they find the same ingredients that they had to choose from for the challenge. Marco tells them to get inspiration from the park.

The chefs prepare their menu; the Black team wants to make Angie’s crab cakes their signature dish however that thought is shot down by Marco. It’s NOT from the wild; they didn’t catch them in the park. (I made that last part up.) Their menu consists of rabbit, duck, squab and carp. Dean will be the chef for this challenge. .

The Crimson team decides to serve brine roasted duck, rabbit, pigeon and quail. Kelsey will be the head chef. Michael says the protein is all birds. (hee!)

Both teams suffer Marco’s withering criticism and must redo their menus. The Crimson team cannot use the spinach, no bacon, no pigs running through the park. Marco literally rips their menu to shreds.

Black team, there are no melon trees in the park, no melon. Rip, rip. Marco asks Angie why she didn’t volunteer to be chef; he doesn’t take to her answer about doing it next time. He points out there might not be a next time. The Black team decides to make a mushroom soup since their menu has to be changed due to Marco ripping it into pieces as well.

More drama on the Crimson team caused by Panya with the other servers, she says she’s not there to make friends; she’s there to run the restaurant. (Team?? We’re a team?? Yes, but I’m running it.) She says she will not allow Vanessa to ruin her chances.

The Black team gets their assistance from the Maître Di. He tells them to remember three things. Welcome, comfort and control.  (All righty then!)

Dinner service begins and chaos reigns, Kelsey is learning to be head chef and expediter; she’s never done this before. The Black team serves squab with runny red liquid in the center and a customer returns it. The server is told by Dean that it is supposed to be served medium rare and he’d be upset if he had squab served well. (It would be way too rare for me!)

Panya on the Crimson team quickly gets in the weeds and takes her frustration out on her fellow servers. Everything wrong is their fault, including a dirty tablecloth that Vanessa can't change because they are out of clean linen. (I would have refolded it or flipped it but what do I know...)

What neither team knows is there is no single food critic, all the diners are the critics, and they will score the restaurant using Zagat ratings.

In the Black team kitchen, Dean drops a knife and tries to catch it badly cutting his hand. He’s whisked off to the hospital for stitches. (Shouldn't you just let it fall? But to be fair, I'd probably try to catch it myself.)

The Zagat’s, Tim and Nina Zagat arrive in to give the teams the customer comments and ratings. They used a 30 point system. Décor, food, service are rated by points. The customer reviews are read. Incredibly long wait, it was an outrage. Comments ranged from “Food unadventurous,” “Nothing to write home about.” “We had to ask for new table cloths.”

Black team: “Everything decent, but not great.” “Cute waiter.”  “My squab was so raw it was still flying.”

Crimson team: using a 30 pt scale, Food: 11. Décor: 7, Service: 7. Overall rating was 8. Black team: Food: 11, décor: 9, Service was 11. The over all rating was 11.

Marco says the Black team won but he wouldn’t congratulate them.

After a long and tedious session of griping about the lack of service and lack of coming together as a team with Panya pointing the finger at Vanessa, her fellow servers tell Marco that she is the one who is disrespectful. Finally Marco interrupts them and says their differences are the cause of their failure. He tells Panya that she’s had the floor, he wants to hear from Michael but she keeps interrupting, she points at her fellow team members as the failures.

Marco says, Panya I listen to the people around me and they tell me that you are a disruptive force and one thing I will never tolerate no matter how hard they work is a disruptive force in a restaurant. Michael and Panya, go home. Thank you for your hard work and showing respect. He says they were very nice people but they could not adapt to their environment and allowed their personality to get in the way and that’s why they are gone.

He tells the remaining four, they are the 2 couples left on the red team and they will have to work harder than ever.

So here we are. Three episodes, six unaired. No winner revealed, the show hit the chopping block. If it returns in some form or fashion I'll at least watch the last episode to give it a proper burial finish
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 05:22:47 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 07:40:36 PM »
I think NBC will quietly shuffle the episodes to Hulu within a week, TL.
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 09:38:30 AM »
I think NBC will quietly shuffle the episodes to Hulu within a week, TL.

I hope so Ken.  :tup: Thanks for the reply.  :luvya:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 02:49:42 PM »
It appears that NBC had enough interest in the show to put the videos online at NBC.com, and it looks like they will put them up once a week. Now to catch up.  :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2009, 07:20:59 AM »
It seems that NBC will resurrect the show and put the remaining episodes on the air beginning in June. 

NBC Resurrects 'The Chopping Block' for This June
April 25, 2009 04:41:46 GMT

Previously taken out of the Wednesdays slot, 'The Chopping Block' will be back to fill the Fridays in June.
NBC Resurrects 'The Chopping Block' for This June

NBC apparently has not lost its faith in reality cooking competition, "The Chopping Block". The network is looking forward to give it a second chance by putting it in the Fridays slot for the remaining five episodes. Network sources, according to Futon Critic, have confirmed this.

The show was yanked out of the Wednesdays air time after only three episodes last month. It has since been replaced by the re-run of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" episodes with a plan to air the remaining episodes "at some point". The plan is now to have it aired starting June 19 at 8/7c and ending July 17.

Since debuted on March 12, "The Chopping Block" which attempts to compete with FOX's "Hell's Kitchen" opened with 3.9 million viewers according to Nielsen Media Research. It dropped in rating up to the third episode that withdrew 2.6 million.

"The Chopping Block" is a cooking competition that challenges teams consisting of two people in a bid to open their own restaurants. The fourth to the episode before the finale have been aired online following the yank.

Source: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00023796.html