Archive > The Amazing Race 14

Episode 2 open discussion/updates/commentary

<< < (35/35)

Belle Book:

--- Quote from: Ashe on February 23, 2009, 12:51:02 AM ---I thought this was a good episode.  Not a great one, as it was clear about halfway through the episode who was toast, but still pretty good.

Tammy & Victor: They really owned the leg tonight.  Hell, they reached the Pit Stop long before any of the other nine teams even reached the Detour!  They're basically coming across to me like Nick & Starr with actual personalities and not saying the same damn things over and over again!  But man, do their voices annoy.  A lot.

Mel & Mike: I'd already seen the preview before the season starting of Mel paragliding, so I knew he'd make it through that Roadblock.  I find Mel naturally funny, while I think Mike sometimes deliberately hams it up to look funny, when I think he can be naturally like Mike.  Their attempt to get into the Pit Stop area was hilarious, though.

Amanda & Kris: Even though it certainly seems like both of them pull their weight, it definitely looks like the editors are trying to make Amanda out to be the less useful person, what with her already leaving the first two Roadblocks to Kris and not having done one yet.  That's all I can really say for now, because otherwise, they sort of bore me, though I like them okay.

Margie & Luke: They fell out of first, but they still ran a decent enough leg.  I liked the look on their faces when they came in fourth tonight.  But please, editors.  Don't keep pushing Luke's deafness storyline on us.  Let that story arc tell itself.

Brad & Victoria: I have to admit.  Victoria's impressed me two legs in a row.  She's a gutsy woman!  I like seeing her bond with Brad and kicking butt the way they do!  They certainly seem very close and like pretty good racers so far, and I hope that continues.  They're already reminding me of Bob & Joyce -- old couple who was gone too soon after running some fairly strong legs.

Jaime & Cara: Too bad more of them wasn't shown tonight.  But they seemed competent enough at the tasks.  Cara certainly kept her eyes out on the Roadblock, and that's really all we got to see of them.  (Although a brief glimpse of them at the Bouncing Dolly Detour was seen in their pre-season promo, and Cara wasn't doing so hot in it.)  I still like them, though.  They're actually my favorite of the three women's teams -- and all the teams, period -- and I hope they can jump up and do better on the next leg.

Kisha & Jen: Not much seen of them on this leg.  But it looks like navigation is going to be their weakness.  Jen would do well to stand up for herself against Kisha, though.  Still, their two low finishes in a row, coupled with their navigation problems, has me thinking they'll be toast fairly early on.

Mark & Michael: Too bad they didn't think of making reservations for themselves on the first flight out of Zurich.  They probably could've notched another high finish if they had.  Probably.  That said, they did well enough with everything else they were given, and I'm glad enough that they stayed in the race.

Christie & Jodi: I like them.  But I didn't like their racing on this leg.  Christie made a good choice to bail on the paragliding, but she should've moved faster.  And both of them really shouldn't have taken the "hoof it" part of the next clue way too literally.  Still, good to see them still in, especially considering who that meant would be ousted.

Steve & Linda: I usually want the older couples to last a while, but there's no doubt these two were weak from the beginning (mainly because of Linda) and had no place in the race.  Linda really made things bad for them by getting lost in the Alps.  Navigation made things worse for them.  I felt bad for Steve, as he really seemed to want this a lot, but my happiness of knowing Linda's gone overshadows my sadness for Steve being gone.

Oh, and what I really liked about the Roadblock was that, in some ways, it was a Detour within a Roadblock -- get down the mountain by land or by air.  Simply awesome.

The Detour?  I'd have done Bouncing Dolly.  Like I'd have been able to anticipate the amount of time it'd take to find a cherry-filled cake or pie at Austrian Folly?

LOVE: Tammy/Victor, Mel/Mike, Margie/Luke, Jaime/Cara, Kisha/Jen, Mark/Michael, Christie/Jodi
LIKE: Amanda/Kris, Brad/Victoria
NEUTRAL: No one
DISLIKE: No one
HATE: No one

Wow.  Good casting.  Only loves and likes here!

--- End quote ---

Right now, I love Tammy & Victor, Mel & Mike, Margie & Luke and Jamie & Cara.  I like Amanda & Kris, Brad & Victoria and Mark & Michael.  I'm kind of neutral on Christie & Jodi and LaKisha & Jen.

Belle Book

apskip:

--- Quote from: Slowhatch on February 23, 2009, 01:09:49 AM --- :welcome2: Hi, BantyMom. I'm sorry if I was unclear.
Money troubles, customs troubles, taxi troubles, etc.: the teams that flew into Milan were at a distinct disadvantage. And it was spotted by walkingpneumonia that the teams got on the train at Chiasso (first Swiss stop on the northbound route), not at Milan as the episode would have you believe. Now, it may be a simple webmonkey mistake. But I think (no clue peeks, no money counting) that they didn't want to advertise that parts of the leg weren't well planned.
(Why Chiasso? I don't know. I thought at first it might have been a rail strike: "scioperos" are very common in Italy. But I cant' find any mention of a strike for those dates.)

--- End quote ---

Schedules for that would be:
depart Chiasso 1500 arrive Locarno 1613
depart Chiasso 1533 arrive Locarno 1657
depart Chiasso 1603 arrive Locarno 1727

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version