Author Topic: Project Runway Returns on Lifetime  (Read 4549 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Project Runway Returns on Lifetime
« on: February 21, 2009, 02:07:33 PM »
Because of the legal problems with NBC who owns Bravo and the production company, Weinstein Company, season six was filmed but not aired. However the final three designer's collection was on display for fashion week. Although we don't know the designer's names we can view their designs. (Click on the link below for the rest of the article and links to the runway designs.)

(Snip)

February 20, 2009
'Project Runway': The Lost Season

"Project Runway's" annual fashion week show was this morning.

To those of you who are frantically asking yourself: "Did my DVR NOT record season six?!" we say, breathe.

If you have been living under a rock that isn't covered with silk chiffon and embellished with chunks of glittery gold sequins, then you may be unaware of the never-ending legal battle between NBC Universal (which owns Bravo) and the show's production company (Weinstein Co). The drama began when Bravo's staple show announced it was moving to Lifetime back in April, and it still hasn't ended, leaving season six all tied up and without an air date.

The good news is that Heidi Klum and co. didn't let the heel of the Bravo-Weinstein brouhaha stomp on their fashion week parade. The bad news is this crop of anonymous designers defied Tim Gunn's only rule: they didn't make it work..."

Source: http://blogs.nypost.com/tv/archives/2009/02/project_runway_7.html
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 05:36:55 PM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Project Runway - The Lost Season
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 09:51:01 AM »
ty tl i was wondering what happened, i guss i am under a rock covered in chiffon lol i hope they air it i like that show.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 06:49:10 PM »
ty tl i was wondering what happened, i guss i am under a rock covered in chiffon lol i hope they air it i like that show.

I love Project Runway, I wish they would work out the legal problems so we can see the show.  :'(

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 10:20:16 AM »
yea give it bk to bravo..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 02:39:02 PM »
Alan Gratz gives a blogger's view of the lost season's runway show.

Monday, February 23, 2009
The Project Runway Season Six Finale - Before

Field reporter Alan Gratz here, coming to you live (in pictures, at least) from the Project Runway Season Six Finale in the tents at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Bryant Park, Friday, February 20th. See? Here's my invitation to prove it-- ...

Read his comments by clicking on the links.

Before:  http://gratzindustries.blogspot.com/2009/02/project-runway-season-six-finale-before.html
During: http://gratzindustries.blogspot.com/2009/02/project-runway-season-six-finale-during.html

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 05:22:19 AM »
http://blogs.nypost.com/tv/archives/2009/02/project_runway_7.html

I took a look at all the designs and i seriously think Designer #2 should and will win. I've never seen any piece of more hedious clothings than what #1 and #3 have come up with. Designer #2 pieces are current and very very fashionable!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 08:06:19 AM »
http://blogs.nypost.com/tv/archives/2009/02/project_runway_7.html

I took a look at all the designs and i seriously think Designer #2 should and will win. I've never seen any piece of more hedious clothings than what #1 and #3 have come up with. Designer #2 pieces are current and very very fashionable!

It kinda makes you hope we don't have to see the lost season doesn't it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 08:09:56 AM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 08:45:53 AM »
This took so long, will the fans return to watch?

'Project Runway' lawsuit settled
Reality show to air on Lifetime this summer
By DANIEL FRANKEL

After a yearlong legal battle, "Project Runway" is cleared to move to Lifetime, where it will bow in the summer.

NBC Universal, the Weinstein Co. and Lifetime jointly announced Wednesday that they've settled the litigation that has kept the hit reality competition series in limbo since September, when a Manhattan court placed an injunction on the show.

The delay in getting "Runway" on Lifetime's lineup has had a big impact on the cabler's programming plans during the past year, as it banked on its high-priced acquisition as a highly rated launching pad for other skeins. Viewership in primetime for Lifetime was down 12% in the first quarter year on year.

Lifetime can now count on some extra bounce to its sked in the coming months with the arrival of "Runway," its spinoff series "The Models of the Runway," the bow of the third season of original drama "Army Wives" and the debut of dramedy "Drop Dead Diva."

Lifetime was not specific on a preem date for "Runway."

For TWC, the settlement allows the company to move forward on the $150 million deal it cut with Lifetime last year for new seasons of "Runway"; the "Models" spinoff; and rights to a slew of Weinstein Co.-produced theatricals. In addition, Lifetime is developing another show with TWC, "Project Pygmalion."

Under terms of a settlement, "Runway" producer the Weinstein Co. will pay NBC U an undisclosed amount to release its interests in "Runway," which had previously been the highest-rated show on NBC U's Bravo cabler.

Read the rest of the article here:
 http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118001987.html?categoryId=22&cs=1

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 08:47:36 AM »

"Project Runway" Coming to Lifetime This Summer

Posted by Antonia L. 04/02/09 12:16pm GMT

Heidi KlumSeason 6 of “Project Runway” will be debuting on Lifetime this summer. Sixteen designers will face off in what’s sure to be a season full of exciting challenges.

“I am so thrilled that fans will be getting their ‘Project Runway’ back this summer,” said host and judge Heidi Klum. “And it will be worth the wait, because Season 6 is amazing and a lot of fun. I'm glad the talented designers will get their chance in the spotlight, plus we have the new added bonus of ‘Models of the Runway.’ And as much as I appreciate loyal fans telling us how much they miss the show, I can finally say ‘WE ARE BACK!’”

Lifetime Networks President and CEO Andrea Wong is equally thrilled with the show coming to the network: “I couldn’t be more excited that Lifetime will bring its viewers an amazing, all-new season of ‘Project Runway’ this summer. As the highest-rated cable network for women, Lifetime is the perfect home for this outstanding program as well as its companion series ‘Models of the Runway.’ All of us at Lifetime are thrilled to move forward with Heidi, Tim, Nina and Michael, The Weinstein Company and the entire ‘Project Runway’ team. We are proud to add these shows to our growing slate of original programming, including the hit series ‘Army Wives,’ the all-new upcoming series ‘Drop Dead Diva’ and our top-rated original movies.”

Source: http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/tv-blog/blogs

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 05:35:45 PM »
Project Runway premieres tonight on Lifetime channel, 10PM EDT/9PM CDT. I hope it retains what made it interesting. Amazingly the winner has not been leaked even though it was filmed last year.