Author Topic: EP#2 Which team is creamed?  (Read 8505 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
EP#2 Which team is creamed?
« on: February 17, 2009, 11:22:49 PM »
Well we are a week in and damn that was a good episode last week.

1.  Was this your favorite season opener?  Which is?

2.  What's the funniest episode of Tar in your opinion?

3.  New opening.  Visuals Love em or hate em?

4.  Remix? 

5.  Are you going to miss Christie & Jodi now that Michael has cursed them for elimination?

6.  Who pictured Charla trying to carry one of those cheese wheels down the hill with Mirna bitching at her?  Or was that just me?

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: EP#2 Which team is creamed?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:29:08 PM »
steve & linda should be eliminated next because I do believe they're the new Johnathan & Victoria team. :groan:

btw, can linda move mountains on the next episode?  i don't think so. :duno:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:29:33 PM »
Which team is Joab going to tell us is eliminated with 20 minutes left in the episode?

I saw that! (:;) :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 11:34:42 PM »
I love it cause there are no teams with robotic head turns anymore. :funny:

Mama Paolo with underwear on the outside = CLASSIC GOLD. Could have sent in for an emmy nomination!
Rob couldn't find the envelop in the post-office, frustrated and with Mirna berating down his neck = WONDERFUL LOL!
I know this is spastic, but i laughed so bad when teams throwed up all the hungarian soup in TAR 6 too.

:hearts: But.. the opening font could have been more catchy to the eyes.

4.  Remix?
<3

5.  Are you going to miss Christie & Jodi now that Michael has cursed them for elimination?
Yep. :'(

6.  Who pictured Charla trying to carry one of those cheese wheels down the hill with Mirna bitching at her?  Or was that just me?
I didn't, but it would have been hilarious!! Come to think of it..

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 11:50:17 PM »
1.  Was this your favorite season opener?  Which is?  No.  TAR12 is.

2.  What's the funniest episode of TAR in your opinion?  Leg five of All-Stars.  Who didn't laugh at the famous Cha Cha Chase?

3.  New opening.  Visuals Love em or hate em?  Love 'em.  They're a great, new touch to the show.

4.  Remix?  Could be better, but I like it okay.

5.  Are you going to miss Christie & Jodi now that Michael has cursed them for elimination?  Given we know they actually get to Romania, no.  Not until they ARE gone.

6.  Who pictured Charla trying to carry one of those cheese wheels down the hill with Mirna bitching at her?  Or was that just me?  I didn't until I read that. :funny:
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 11:52:40 PM »
Who didn't laugh at the famous Cha Cha Chase?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. HOW DID I FORGET THAT!!!!!!!!!

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 06:29:13 AM »

This is, for reasons listed in the open discussion thread. :D

I can't say for sure, but wow, this one comes really close.

Love 'em.

4.  Remix? 

Love it. And plus now there are three different versions of the theme! (I wonder if TARA will keep the old one)

No. :)

Just you, but now that I think about it...
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 07:02:24 AM »

Favourite has to go to Season 7, although this was close. I just love footraces.

It takes a lot to beat Mirna and Schmirna. Especially when paired with horses and plate armour.

Up and Down. Some of the visuals were good, but I felt the headturns left a bit to be desired (All stars had the best head turns overall)

4.  Remix?
Love it, have recorded it and put it on my ipod already.

I didn't think they were going that far to begin with, but they do remind me of Kelly and Christy, so yes.

I hadn't pictured it, but now that you mention it, lols are in order.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 10:09:39 AM »
1.  Was this your favorite season opener? No. Which is? TAR7

2.  What's the funniest episode of Tar in your opinion? In TAR10 when Kimberly screamed at Rob, "LISTEN TO MEEEEEE!!!!!" during the tomato throwing task in Spain.

3.  New opening.  Visuals Love em or hate em? Love em

4.  Remix?  Love it.

5.  Are you going to miss Christie & Jodi now that Michael has cursed them for elimination? :lol: Yes.

6.  Who pictured Charla trying to carry one of those cheese wheels down the hill with Mirna bitching at her?  Or was that just me? I pictured it as well.
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 01:12:05 PM »
1.  Was this your favorite season opener? TAR 14 with 7,12 and 4 close behind

2.  What's the funniest episode of Tar in your opinion? In TAR10 when Kimberly screamed at Rob, "LISTEN TO MEEEEEE!!!!!" during the tomato throwing task in Spain. - Loved it too!

3.  New opening.  Visuals Love em or hate em? Love em heaps

4.  Remix?  Love it sooo much

5.  Are you going to miss Christie & Jodi now that Michael has cursed them for elimination?  Sadly Yes

6.  Who pictured Charla trying to carry one of those cheese wheels down the hill with Mirna bitching at her?  Or was that just me? Mirna probably would have rolled her down the mountain anyway  :lol:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 01:43:29 PM »
1.  Was this your favorite season opener?
If that opener was any indication of how this season will go, this could end up being the best season ever!

Oh god, TAR has given us so much comedy, I can't pick the funniest episode. But I laughed my ass off when Kimberly fell trying to get that clue in France!  :funny:

3.  New opening. Visuals Love em or hate em?
Love em!  :hearts:

4.  Remix?
If I could, I'd put it on my iPod.

Maybe, I can't say. I'll miss Jodi, but I really can't say we even know Christie that well.

6.  Who pictured Charla trying to carry one of those cheese wheels down the hill with Mirna bitching at her?
Marina: Damnit Charla, Pick up the cheese already!
*Charla tries to pick up the cheese; it falls on top of her.
Marina: Charla, get out from under that cheese!
oh how fun it would have been...

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 02:28:50 PM »
Marina: Damnit Charla, Pick up the cheese already!
*Charla tries to pick up the cheese; it falls on top of her.
Marina: Charla, get out from under that cheese!
oh how fun it would have been...
:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
Just here to visit.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 08:31:04 PM »
1.  Was this your favorite season opener?  Which is?  This was my favorite opener.

2.  What's the funniest episode of Tar in your opinion?  I don't know, really -- there were a lot of great ones!  I guess the funniest one for me would be Season 12's opener with the donkeys -- seeing the donkey hee-hawing when Jen told Nate not to yell at it was hilarious!   :funny:

3.  New opening.  Visuals Love em or hate em?  I like it quite a bit.

4.  Remix?  Not so much, but it'll grow on me.

5.  Are you going to miss Christie & Jodi now that Michael has cursed them for elimination?  Not really -- I didn't think they'd make it to the finals anyway.  And at least it's not Cara & Jamie.

6.  Who pictured Charla trying to carry one of those cheese wheels down the hill with Mirna bitching at her?  Or was that just me?  I didn't until you mentioned it.

And bye-bye, Linda & Steve.  I've got to get it right this time and besides, indications are that all the other teams make it into Romania at least.

Belle Book

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 01:01:45 PM »
1.  Was this your favorite season opener?  Which is? god, I love several openers S4's, S7's, S10's, S12's.  But I honestly think I enjoyed this one the most.

2.  What's the funniest episode of Tar in your opinion?  TAR has had several moments of great fun (many of which have been mentioned), but for a full task this I think was overall the funniest.  For myself the next closest was the Cow Detour last season, I can't say how much I love Toni & Dallas.  Wag that tail be a good ass.  MOOOOOOOOO!!!!

3.  New opening.  Visuals Love em or hate em?  LOVE THEM

4.  Remix?  Their okay.

5.  Are you going to miss Christie & Jodi now that Michael has cursed them for elimination?  Since the Grim Reaper is reaching out to take them into his cold embrace, I better not get to attached.  I actually kind of liked them until they didn't even ask when they would arrive on that train.

6.  Who pictured Charla trying to carry one of those cheese wheels down the hill with Mirna bitching at her?  Or was that just me?  Ok little secret, anytime a team does something thats both physically hard and has a element of the absurd, I picture Charla doing it.  I then picture Mirna being her charming self and yelling at Charla to do it better.  It's kind of like any animal task I can't get Colin and the Ox out of my mind.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 01:09:35 PM »
I do have to say for funny moments, All Stars with (OSwald & Danny chasing Phil, Charla in Armour failing down, Charla sticking a knife down her throat to hurl (seriously a knife), Eric and "Ladies and Gentlemen, Miss California" as she hurls all made me bust up.

Season 13 had two scenes that just bring me to tears laughing.  Dan marching.  I mean seriously ROTFL.  And Toni  & Dallas the entire time they performed the Cow challenge.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 02:21:03 PM »
1.  Was this your favorite season opener? Yes! Way better than I expected! Which is? Also 10, 7, and 6.

2.  What's the funniest episode of Tar in your opinion? I don't know, too many to choose from. This was definitely one of them, though!
3.  New opening.  Visuals Love em or hate em? I love the new opening! I just wish they had locations from this season in it!

4.  Remix?  Love it!

5.  Are you going to miss Christie & Jodi now that Michael has cursed them for elimination? Not really. I feel meh about them.

6.  Who pictured Charla trying to carry one of those cheese wheels down the hill with Mirna bitching at her? Not me! Or was that just me? Just you!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 03:23:25 PM »
Hooky that is so true about the new credits.  I love that they highlight the places the race has been to (after all its one of the selling points for the show), but still throw us a bone and include some new stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was intended as a opening credits that could be used season after season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 03:30:02 PM »
I think the (lack of) new pics in the opening credits was the biggest disappointment of the season. I generally like most everything TAR, but this? Is the end of an era...NOT a good thing.

Some traditions Phil, "The World is Waiting",  "A detour is a choice...", and the Intro credits should just NOT be messed with!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 04:56:22 PM »
I just wish they would bring back, "A detour is a choice between two tasks, each with its own pros and cons...." At least Allan does it on TARA.
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 06:12:30 PM »
I know we get that so rarely.  I also miss getting a little of the racers down time, I was surprised how much of that we got last season.

But what do I miss most of all?

13 ****ing episode in a season damn it......

Sorry.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 12:33:02 AM »
Well, 12 beats 11! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 09:31:48 AM »
I think the (lack of) new pics in the opening credits was the biggest disappointment of the season. I generally like most everything TAR, but this? Is the end of an era...NOT a good thing.

Some traditions Phil, "The World is Waiting",  "A detour is a choice...", and the Intro credits should just NOT be messed with!

I miss "eat, sleep and mingle"
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 12:50:30 PM »
Ohhh! Me too! That was always great fun to see!

I think with the race intensity, there isn't so much e-s-m anymore...
RFF's Golden Rule: