Author Topic: Episode 1 open discussion/updates/commentary  (Read 77633 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Episode 1 open discussion/updates/commentary
« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2009, 08:06:07 PM »
how awesome is Phil signing to Marge and Luke

such a satisfying win

It made the win even more significant.

And, i think i'm back cause i wanna help with the intro screencaps.

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2009, 08:07:46 PM »
The theme! The text! The maps (wait, nevermind)! Preston & Jennifer getting eliminated! Margie & Luke coming in first! Phil signing! Phil's eyebrows! The yodelers at the pit stop! The cheese and the roadblock!

Hands down, the best season opener ever.
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2009, 08:08:01 PM »
how awesome is Phil signing to Marge and Luke

such a satisfying win

It made the win even more significant.

And, i think i'm back cause i wanna help with the intro screencaps.
I'm over it so you are definitely needed, Joab.
Just here to visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2009, 08:09:12 PM »
I love the new change about this season. Everything is so fast paced and they edited everything boring that we didn't need to see. For example, last season we were even shown little details on teams rushing for flights, which i think doesn't matter in the end because we're going know anyway. This season the edit is more balanced.. with the exception of Tammy and Victor and Margie and Luke (because they are leading) for now.. i think everyone else had a fair share of their screentime.

Last season however, the spoilt final 6 was all about episode 1. There was hardly Aja/Ty, Anthony and Stefenie and Mark and Bill..

And another change i like.. was the splitting of screens up into 2. Seems like watching a JAMES BOND movie!!!!!

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2009, 08:11:03 PM »
I love the new change about this season. Everything is so fast paced and they edited everything boring that we didn't need to see. For example, last season we were even shown little details on teams rushing for flights, which i think doesn't matter in the end because we're going know anyway. This season the edit is more balanced.. with the exception of Tammy and Victor and Margie and Luke (because they are leading) for now.. i think everyone else had a fair share of their screentime.

Last season however, the spoilt final 6 was all about episode 1. There was hardly Aja/Ty, Anthony and Stefenie and Mark and Bill..

And another change i like.. was the splitting of screens up into 2. Seems like watching a JAMES BOND movie!!!!!
I have to agree. It feels like an actual race and not just a fight for seats on an airplane.
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2009, 08:31:16 PM »
Well, well, well, I didn't expect Linda & Steve to stick around this time!  But I doubt they'll stick around another leg -- they're probably gone next leg.

I'm not upset to see Jennifer & Preston go.  More than one leg watching that team and I might be tempted to (figuratively) shoot myself like I had to do with Tara & Wil, Jonathan & Victoria and Nathan & Jennifer.

I already like Tammy & Victor and Margie & Luke, and I think I'll like Cara & Jamie -- unless either Tammy & Victor or Cara & Jamie become annoying.

Belle Book

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2009, 10:02:32 PM »
That was freaking sweet.  Finally finished watching it (thank you internet), and now its time to watch teh HD broadcast, be back in an hour.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2009, 10:09:34 PM »
The theme! The text! The maps (wait, nevermind)! Preston & Jennifer getting eliminated! Margie & Luke coming in first! Phil signing! Phil's eyebrows! The yodelers at the pit stop! The cheese and the roadblock!

Hands down, the best season opener ever.
Phil signing loveeeeeeee <<<<<<<<<<<333333333

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2009, 10:11:43 PM »
That was freaking sweet.  Finally finished watching it (thank you internet), and now its time to watch teh HD broadcast, be back in an hour.

Were did you watch?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2009, 11:14:28 PM »
CBS has posted photos of the first episode.

No vids as of yet.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARdevotee

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2009, 11:30:45 PM »
Loved the premiere! Really liking the new music, graphics, etc. I'm actually sad to see Preston & Jennifer go.

Glad to see more positivity about the episode on this board. I checked one of the other boards and I was surprised to see so much negativity. I'm convinced they're just trying to make Survivor or TARA sound better than they actually are (don't get me wrong, I love those shows too, but they'll always pale in comparison to me against the original greatness that is TAR).

Offline BantyMom

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2009, 11:56:23 PM »
Loved it! The cheese was hysterical! I was worried at first that there would be penalties for stacking the cheeses that were not brought down on the carriers. But as there was no penalty, it seems that letting them roll down the hill might have been the easiest, though rather dangerous. Perhaps using the carriers as sleds and just pulling them down would have been the best strat. I was so happy to see Linda smiling at the end.

I was surprised that Christie and Jodi had so much trouble with the train schedule

I'm rooting for Mark and Michael or the Mother/Son team only because I like their dynamic together so far.
"If the world were logical, men would ride side-saddle" ---Rita Mae Brown

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2009, 12:49:41 AM »
CBS has posted photos of the first episode.

No vids as of yet.
Too bad they gave away 2 photos for next weeks episode  :snicker:

Welcome to the forum BantyMom  :jumpy:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2009, 01:39:33 AM »
i love love the new opening jmo i think they got some high deff cameras for the race..is was awsome..
a few jmo comments though i did not like that the ppl from va cryin linda and her hubby seem so lostl , all though pointing out he had the best idea getting the cheese down the hill, i hope they get to be like mary from wva and i all ready don[t like the lawers bro and sis, that came in second..
i love that luke and his mom came in 1st that was great.
i could not belive the blonds got so far behind did not expect that to happpen???
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2009, 03:39:14 AM »
Wow, I'm loving TAR 14 already! It seems so fast-paced but that's good, then we don't have to watch boring airport issues. Also, the editting ain't too obvious isn't it? Other than Tammy and Victor and Margie and Luke who seem to be getting a little more screen time, the rest are all pretty even. That's good, doesn't make things so obvious.

Margie and Luke - To be honest, I didn't really expect them to do so well on the first leg before the show started. But when they cried at the pitstop, I almost cried too, I was really touched. I was so happy that they came in first, I think they communicate and work really well together! Hope they make the final five at least.

Tammy and Victor - I'm a little neutral towards this team now. I was starting to like them, until they tried to pull off some deceit or something at the train station? Didn't really catch what they said though. Will have to look at future episodes.

Mark and Michael - Hmm, can't really differentiate one from the other but they're alright for me. They seem pretty nice people for now.

Mel and Mike - Lol, it was funny how Dad was sliding down with the cheese. Neutral about them.

Amanda and Kris - Love them, they seem like a pretty sweet couple, and they did make up a lot of time at the Cheese task didn't they!

Brad and Victoria - I'm not sure I like them that much now, they seem a little scheming.

Cara and Jaime - Their introduction scared me a little, they kinda come across as b***hy lol. But I love how they accepted their 7th place, unlike Kelly and Christy last season who never seemed contented.

Kisha and Jen - They're nice, kinda like them now but they're invisible, no??

Steve and Linda - Didn't expect them to make it past leg 1. I actually feel really sorry for Linda, constantly being yelled at by Steve. =(

Christie and Jodi - Am I glad they made it! I'm starting to like them a lot now, they work well together, are nice to others, and are pretty smart. Hope they stick around!

Jennifer and Preston - It was a surprising first boot, they just don't look like a team that'll be out first. I wasn't sad about their elimination, but it was truly a pity, they were SO CLOSE omg, it must really suck. But oh well, never really rooted for them.

My current placings:
1. Margie and Luke
2. Amanda and Kris
3. Cara and Jaime
4. Christie and Jodi
5. Tammy and Victor
6. Brad and Victoria
7. Mark and Michael
8. Kisha and Jen
9. Linda and Steve
10. Mel and Mike

Everyone's really likeable for now.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2009, 04:54:30 AM »
Victor and Tammy is probably Nick and Starr 2.0, going to do whatever it takes to win the race, even if its being sneaky. Nice to seem them try to align with Cara & Jamie and Luke & Margie. Yeah they did try to mislead people on the train station by saying that the first train they were taking was a big gamble and hope no other teams followed them, prompting an angry response from Mel & Mike.

100% support for this team. :lol:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2009, 07:44:07 AM »
Let's do this in order
Opener vid: LOVE
Music: It'll take some time for me to love the remix
team dynamics: awesome
Outcome: completely unexpected (though it was a little like the earlier seasons with all the g/g teams in the back of the pack)
Margie & Luke: complete surprise (Phil hand signs: LOVE!)
Tammy & Victor: smart players
Mark & Michael: fun to watch
Mel & Mike: not enough footage to decide
Amanda & Kris: cute, but indifferent ftm
Brad & Victoria: fit and old villains? now THAT is new
Jaime & Cara: a little disappointed
Kisha & Jen: expected more
Steve & Linda: very creative, but sadly Linda will probably their downfall
Christie & Jodi: need to pay more attention, but pulled through when it mattered
Preston & Jennifer: sad to see them go, they could have been Johnathan & Victoria 2.0

Bungee jumping: just ok
Cheese: L-O-V-E!!!
Yodellers: that made Margie & Luke's victory even sweeter due to his handicap

Split screen = TOTAL SUSPENSE (love!)

Bold statement: could these be Season un6? To me it looks totally reversed (more family/friends than daters). Season 14 looks really original.

BONUS: kewl logo!
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2009, 07:58:28 AM »
Great episode.  So thankful we spent essentially No time at LAX.  Love the new editing with time stamps, split screen, scenery, etc.

Steve (of all people) was the smartest at getting the cheese down the hill.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2009, 07:59:15 AM »
Ironic - to get to the pitstop one had to hear the yodelers and a deaf person was first!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2009, 08:47:55 AM »
Loved the show.  The cheese was funny.  SOrry to see Preston & Jennifer go, but come on first leg and he is carrying her on his back.  She could nto run that last little bit to the end.  YEah I know she was tired, but did she think it would be a cake walk.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2009, 09:07:24 AM »
Loved the show.  The cheese was funny.  SOrry to see Preston & Jennifer go, but come on first leg and he is carrying her on his back.  She could nto run that last little bit to the end.  YEah I know she was tired, but did she think it would be a cake walk.
So I guess elimination station will be fun from the start
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2009, 12:17:55 PM »
Loved the premiere!

I also loved that all the airport stuff was skipped.  the real racing came in when they landed in Europe.  I loved the fact that they had to take the train a long way to another location and didn't just stay in one area for that leg.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2009, 12:19:18 PM »
although at the time of the split screens I felt like I was watching 24
The story so far:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2009, 01:05:48 PM »
also the sib's/ lawers were pushy and graby at the clue boxes. i realy don't like this team at all jmo. i love the dad and son there funny and the stunt guys and the red heads and of cours the mom and son.. i think the sib's will go far but i hope they don't i don.t like pushy mean ppl.. at least edit it out then i won't b a hater lol.. :meow:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2009, 01:06:48 PM »
FINALLY got to watch (it killed me to miss the first episode!)

I LOVED IT!

It felt so good, the new editing is amazing IMO, it gives the show more of a "TAR1" feel.