Archive > Survivor Tocantins: The Brazilian Highlands

Jeff Probst's blog & news

<< < (19/20) > >>

Jobby:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on May 15, 2009, 08:37:24 PM ---So...what has Jeff been smoking these days? :lol3:

--- End quote ---

He's probably on pills. :res:

RealityFreakWill:
Jeff on Live with Regis & Kelly

Part 1

Part 2

credit to spsurvivorvideos

RealityFreakWill:
Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (the Finale!)

Okay guys...

Well, I am sorry this is so late, but better late than never...right?

This one will be short and sweet and not all that clever -- just the facts ma'am. (Name that show....)

As far as the outcome of the show, I was not surprised. Having sat in on the final tribal council it seemed pretty clear at the time that JT would win. I didn't expect it would be a total sweep but I think Stephen did himself in when he admitted he wouldn't have taken JT to the end. Stephen would have been foolish to take JT if given the choice. JT knew that and it poured the "pretend shock and hurt" on thick trying to garner jury votes. It worked.

Final Tribal Councils are quite tricky because the jury is almost always very upset that they are not in the final and so they are looking to get the last word in edgewise. Stephen was a sitting duck next to JT.

No, I don't feel sorry for Stephen. He played a very good game, but JT deserved to win. In fact, I'd go further and say that JT is one of the best overall players ever to play Survivor. He has it all and he has to come back if there is ever another All-Star season.

How fun was it to see a winner embrace his family with such affection. JT certainly seems to come from a good family. I'm happy for him. I'll bet his work life back home undergoes a significant change. The world he's in is very competitive and now that he's "JT from Survivor" something tells me he is going to have a few more doors opened. I hope so, seems like a genuine guy.

The Live Reunion Show was much better than I anticipated. I actually prepared myself for a rather ho-hum live show. Fortunately from the moment we began, with tears from JT until the very end with me accepting a dare from Regis and Kelly to wear a mystery necklace (which is now up for auction) the entire show was very fun.

Coach, was of course one of the highlights with his surprise lie detector test results. In case you are wondering -- yes I was COMPLETELY caught off guard. I am going to have to do a better job in the future of making sure Survivors understand that if you have something you want to do on our "LIVE" Reunion show, you have to run it past me first. That could have been a disaster. Live shows are tightly timed and the censors are quick to pull the plug if they sense something going south. Fortunately Coach did a great job and he went out the same way he came in -- with major fanfare.

Do I believe the test? Sure. I have no reason not to believe it. I think it's fascinating that we immediately assume he is lying. That's why I suggested the lie detector test in the first place. I wasn't there for the test and no, I am not going to call the guy who administered the test to check up on it because ultimately it's irrelevant to me. Whether or not Coach is telling the truth was never all that important to me, I just found him to be a fascinating guy.

After meeting his "lady friend" I find him even more interesting. How the heck did Coach score an accomplished, beautiful and well-spoken woman? Who would have guessed that?! Good for you, Coach!

And let's be fair -- his "lady friend' had the line of the night when she said, "I slay the dragon slayer!"

I thought Sierra did herself proud and I was blown away that she was in the top 3 for the Sprint Player of the Season award.

Eddie George was a nice highlight as well. Judging by the way he started fire so easily, he would be great to have on the show, I wonder if he'd be up for it?

There is always a dilemma for me when it comes to the "back row." The "back row" refers to those folks who for whatever reason were voted off early in the show. This season it was Catalina, Candace, Sandy, Joe, Jerry, Spencer, Sydney. They typically don't have much to contribute simply because they weren't there long enough. I always have the desire and the intention to give them a "moment" but I always wonder if I am sacrificing something more entertaining in the process. Always a tough call for me. It may not always be the case, but to date I have always talked to every single Survivor at the live show. Not sure that's worth anything but just sharing.

Okay -- three last notes:

1. If you want to own a piece of Survivor and benefit my charity, The Serpentine Project, at the same time -- you can go to eBay where there is a Survivor auction that goes on for a few more days. Torches, urns, tribe flags, even the Regis and Kelly necklace is up for bid.

2. If you're in the market for a Jeff Probst Bobble Head -- yes, that's what I said, a Bobble Head, you're in luck. CBS has made one and they're for sale. Bear in mind, I don't make anything off of this, not one single penny. I just want to let you know it's out there. I'm sure there's a few of you that would like to get one simply so you can smash the head every time I say something you don't like.

3. Finally, Survivor: Samoa should be fun -- I like the group of people we have. But you guys are the ultimate judge, you decide if the season was good or not. I look forward to hearing from you again next season.

Have a good summer!

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/probst-finale.html

bag:
Wow, Jeff, way to not remember Carolina's name.  :groan:

puddin:
I've always been a fan of Jeff's but this past season I absolutely adore him and won't whine if he gets the reality host Emmy again *even though I think Phil Keoghan deserves it as well*

I love Eddie George, Taj is one lucky lucky lady that's for sure .......... oolala what a mighty fine man!

"Catalina" LMAO bag! She was forgettable so who could blame Jeff? and remember he swore to us that she would not be voted out first so things to remember in the future...

I saw the bobblehead Jeff and I think i might just get me one .. too cute!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version