Author Topic: Jeff Probst's blog & news  (Read 65673 times)

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Jeff Probst's blog & news
« on: February 13, 2009, 01:05:52 PM »
Think some of you are happy to know Charlie Herschel makes an appearance!

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/02/jeff-probst-blo.html

Mark my words. Survivor: Tocantins will go down as one of your favorite Survivor seasons. I know I've said that about other seasons in the past and check the records, haven't I usually been right? Some seasons I'm not sure how the audience will react, so I say nothing, but when I'm sure, I scream it.

This is me screaming: YES! YES! YES! Say it with me. YES! YES! YES! Yes is my new favorite word. Life is so much more fun when you just let go of your fears and say ''YES'' to whatever. Don't believe me? Try it. Today, just say ''YES'' to everything that comes your way. Let me know how it goes.

Okay, so to episode one. Well, here's something I was dead wrong about. I never thought Carolina would be first out. In fact, I thought she could go a long way. I was way off on that one. Too bad, we always seem to lose a cute girl early. What is wrong with these people? Don't they realize this is their show? They should get rid of the ugly and boring people and keep the attractive and entertaining ones. Like Sydney. Please don't turn around and vote out Sydney next week. Carolina may not have understood how to play Survivor but I'm sure there are a few fans already missing her. Whatever. I get paid either way.

While we're here, let's start the blindside tally. That's the first of what will be a record-setting season of blindsides.

I loved our opening twist. We on the Survivor creative team were all rather proud when we stumbled upon the simple but effective notion of ''first impressions'' as an episode 1 twist. In fact, if I remember correctly, we all downed a case of Brazilian beer as a toast to ourselves. The twist worked and it plays out for quite a while.

Sandy and Sierra are clearly still in trouble as a result of the first impression vote, but you have to admit, it's amazing that neither of them were the first person voted out, all things considered. I think Sandy took a risky approach – clearly selfish and probably based on the fact that she feels a bit ''odd woman out'' due to age. Sierra impressed me with her desire to instantly try to win back favor on her tribe by working hard on the shelter. I think it worked. Hard work and the ability to say... ''YES''... can get you a long way in life. I bet Sierra wins the whole thing! Ka-ching! Either that or she'll fall in love with a Survivor producer and make cute little Survivor babies. I still get paid either way.

''And now here's something we think you'll really enjoy!'' (Can anyone name that cartoon character?) We have something very special for you fans this season, it's a new Survivor philosophy, you might even call it a religion of sorts. IT goes by the name Coach. Stay open to IT. Stay open to Coach. Beautiful things may emerge if you just open your arms and accept what Coach can offer you. Salvation? I doubt it. Great laughs? Absolutely. Coach is a star. He was meant to be on Survivor. I only wish we could clone him. I'm already pushing CBS to do another All-Star season just so we can have him back. Plus, my friend Serena already likes Coach, so there's that.

We have so many great characters this season. I'd list some of them but that would just irritate the ones I left off. Oh who cares, like I said, I get paid either way. Okay, in no particular order: Tyson, J.T., Steven, Sierra, Brendan, Taj, Sandy, Debbie, Spencer, Erinn. Yes I know you are already wondering if that means these people last a long time. Guess you'll have to watch to find out...and maybe I left one or two off the list just to throw you off. Maybe. You never know. Especially when I write this blog late at night, I get lippy and sometimes I just say things that simply aren't true.

And let's just get this out of the way, for all the Survivor: Tocantins participants, don't take these blogs too seriously. I only mean half of what I say. The other half of what I feel, I never share at all. It's all just fun. I love you all equally. But mostly Coach.

Next week, Exile Island comes into play. Cue Probst dramatic voice: ''This year, we have the most desolate and unforgiving Exile Island ever.'' Okay, I've said that before too, but this time it really is! You'll see.

Plus, there is a twist on Exile that creates some interesting reality...I won't spoil it, but if only we had thought of this idea a few seasons ago, we'd be crushing American Idol in the ratings. Oh relax, Seacrest, I'm kidding. You guys are still the king. Whatever. Blah, blah, blah. I still get paid...just not nearly as much as you, Ryan. That does bother me a little bit. I'll admit it. I mean I don't do Survivor for the money, but when I see Ryan's house I do get a bit envious. It's a pretty cool house. Then again, he's a cool dude, so I just say ''YES'' and move on with my still glorious life.

It's 2 a.m. as I'm writing this and honestly these blogs are a bit like therapy for me, only $150 an hour cheaper. So far I've saved $50.

Okay is that enough for this first episode blog? Serena says, ''Yes, baby, it's enough already. Come to bed, it's late.'' Ah the imagination. It's a terrible thing to waste.

So be it. To bed I go. Talk next week. Share your comments and as always I'll respond as time allows.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 11:49:55 AM by puddin »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Jeff Probst's blog!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 06:22:50 PM »
Mark my words. Survivor: Tocantins will go down as one of your favorite Survivor seasons.

:hearts: Usually true. But that means Coach has huge chances of winning. :res: Not my favourite.

While we're here, let's start the blindside tally. That's the first of what will be a record-setting season of blindsides.

I'm expecting blindsides every week from now then. GREAT! :funny:

Steven, Sierra, Brendan, Taj, Sandy, Debbie, Spencer, Erinn

Funny, how these are the few people with memorable screentimes in episode 1, and also highlighted by Jeff. Maybe he left out Tyson on purpose cause it's obvious.. but i already liked the ones he mentioned.. and i'm really looking forward to this season. If Jeff mentioned them and he said this was going to be a favourite season.. then i supposed one of them win?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 06:33:47 PM »
Thanks for posting Alan!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 07:08:09 PM »
Interesting that Jeff didn't want Carolina to go but then he calls Sandy (the other prospective victim) a great character.

Belle Book

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 08:00:34 AM »
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/02/jeff-probst-b-1.html

Episode 2!

First things first. Did you see our ratings? We went up from last year's premiere! That doesn't happen. Television ratings are crumbling all around us as the networks scramble to figure out how to combat DVR's, kids watching on computers, and iPhones and the like. So when something like this happens to a show in its 18th season, it's big news! And it's all because of you — our loyal viewers. So on behalf of the entire crew and CBS, I say thank you for your amazing support.

Okay, on to the episode. I gotta mention it. Another blindside. We're 2 for 2 and I love it. Candace never saw it coming. I hated losing Candace. She was bound to provide lots of spark around camp. But Candace, you picked a fight with the wrong guy....

You picked on Coach! Nobody picks on Coach. He's a symphony conductor for crying out loud. He's a maestro! You don't mess with maestros! They're known for their Scorpio-like ''get even'' mentality. You stung him and he stung you back. Torch snuff. Bye-bye. Just like that, Candace is out.

I am imagining Candace reading this right now and she is either...smiling and laughing along with me or...she is calling lovely Corinne from last season and asking her for the address of my house and instructions on how to light a Molotov cocktail. Ah, what the heck, go for it. I'm insured.

I love it when the Survivors eat grubs. It takes me back to Season 1 when we had a challenge in which they had to race to eat grubs and Gervase couldn't get his down. Ah yes, season 1. The good ole days. Back when I wore those silly safari clothes and said really corny things like ''fire represents life.'' Thank goodness those days are gone. Boy, was I a loser. I'm so much cooler now. Whew.

I have a question – do you think that Taj revealed she was the wife of Eddie George because she believes that honesty is the best policy? Or do you think she absolutely loves telling people ''I'm married to Eddie George, Heisman trophy winner at Ohio State and former NFL football star!'' I'm guessing the latter. But to be honest, I'd brag, too, if I was married to Eddie George. Heck, I'd pull a Heidi Klum and tattoo Eddie's name on my forearm. Yes, Heidi has a tattoo of her husband's name, ''Seal,'' on her forearm. That beautiful supermodel forearm with a huge tat of the word ''Seal.'' It's there. I know. I saw it. Yep. I've seen Heidi's naked forearm. Lots of times, in fact.

The problem with Taj's revelation is that you give people a reason to vote you out. Taj just shouted at the top of her lungs – ''I don't need the money! I'm already rich!!!'' That could be costly.

How great was that challenge? It was physical, it was in the water (which means bikini's), and...it was pouring rain! I mean it was dumping! Here's a fact I've never admitted before. I secretly pray for rain every time we do a challenge. I love it when it rains. Not just because it turns me on a little bit, but also because it adds so much to the look and play of a Survivor challenge. It amps up the drama, it makes the shots look that much ''cooler,'' and like I said, I just like being wet. Anytime it's raining, just know that I'm happy...and yes, a bit turned on. Is that wrong? Or weird? I recently had to take a required sexual harassment course and I'm pretty sure merely writing that last sentence constitutes sexual harassment on some level. Sorry if I've offended.

A lot of people ask me, ''Why do you only do one challenge in the early episodes?'' The reason is because we want to have more time in the show for you to get to know the personalities of our Survivors. We figure in episodes 1 and 2 we can build one big challenge, make it epic, and that will allow us a few more minutes in the show to focus on the Survivors. Question: Do you like that or would you prefer 2 challenges in every single episode?

Speaking of getting to know the Survivors — my two favorite people this week are:

From Timbira — Sierra. She's a fighter and I like that. Wouldn't that be weird if Sierra ended up married to a Survivor producer? How random would that be?

From Jalapao — J.T. He's a great leader and he's playing humble. But I don't buy it for a second. J.T. is a bona fide threat in this game.

It's only episode 2 and trust is already playing a big part in the game. It's what makes this game so difficult to play but so fun to watch...ultimately you have to trust someone in order to survive, but conversely you really can't trust anyone if you want to survive! So what do you do? You have to trust people who are untrustworthy, and then you have to cut them loose before they cut you loose. It's like learning Russian. Very complicated.

One of my favorite moments of the episode was the ''fire pit'' cover-up. It was a great lie. Quick thinking. I absolutely love those kinds of moments. The key to it all was Debbie. All you need is one person to validate your lie and you're set, and let's face it, you can't get better than a middle school principal to endorse your lie! Debbie bought it hook, line, and sinker, and she was no doubt watching tonight's episode and laughing herself silly. Debbie has a pretty good sense of humor.

I would love to know why Brendan chose Taj. I would have never guessed that and never dreamed he would share the Exile information with her. But it was an interesting move and now we have the potential for an alliance that could wreak havoc later in the game.

The other relationship I am starting to enjoy is that of J.T. and Stephen. They couldn't be more opposite and yet they seem to be clicking fairly well.

Okay, time for me to go to bed.

Hang in there with me on these blogs. It's been a very busy past few weeks for me, and so I haven't had as much time for these blogs as I'd like. But I'm committed to posting something every week, so I just ask for a bit of understanding if they're not always everything you want them to be!!!

Talk next week!

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 08:01:41 AM »
As always, loving the fact Jeff speaks his mind and doesnt hold back anything. He's pretty funny in his blogs. :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 10:02:24 AM »
..and kinky!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 11:21:54 AM »
But it was an interesting move and now we have the potential for an alliance that could wreak havoc later in the game.

:res: Spoiler? LOL! Maybe. Maybe not.

Phil needs to take some blogging lessons from Jeff. His posts are so much longer and give us so much more insights! Phil.. we want moreeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :funny:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 03:52:01 PM »
Give a break to Phil, he's blogging for the first time! :lol: With time he will learn!
I'm also looking foward to Survivor Talk on ew.com. Can't wait for those two to be funny again! Hope they bash Coachebag(many thanks to sucksters for this word).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 11:23:05 AM »
Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (episode 3)
Feb 27, 2009, 07:32 AM | by Jeff Probst

Jeff gets talking about last night's ousted contestant right away, so click after the jump if you're not worried about spoilers.

Ah, poor Jerry. We all had such high hopes for him. This is an example of just bad luck. Jerry was a trooper and I think would have probably done a pretty good job of just hanging out in the middle of the pack allowing him to get deep in the game. Not sure if Jerry had enough killer instinct to win but would have loved to have seen him last a bit longer 'cause he was a good one.

The only person happy that Jerry is gone...? Erinn. She was very close to going home. Erinn needs to continue to recover or her name will come up again and again.

What can you say about the reward challenge other than this...blindfolds always work. In the bedroom and on Survivor. They always come through. So long as it’s consensual, blindfolds typically equal good times. Show of hands, how many people have used blindfolds at some point in their life? And...? Good results? (Right about now is the time a third of you will begin to write your comments to me complaining that I am too provocative. Save the carpal tunnel, it only encourages me.)

The reward challenge was a blow out. Not sure why I enjoyed seeing Timbira lose, but I did. They were so cocky, and Jalapao just came in and got it done. They’re the underdogs at this point and I always secretly root for the underdogs. But as we Survivor fans know... underdogs can quickly become cocky and then they become villains and then you root against them!

As evidence of how bad the crew living conditions were in Brazil, even I got envious at the Jalapao reward. Umbrella, chairs, hammock! I would have loved to have a large umbrella outside my little four-walled tent. I often feel that way about the food rewards, too. When the Survivors win something like cheeseburgers, trust me the entire crew is salivating. We don’t get cheeseburgers on location. We don’t get big thick pizzas or large chocolate cakes either. We do get beer. Thank goodness our crew loves their beer. It’s the only thing that keeps most of us from ending up in an insane asylum. Most of us.

This week's observation about Sierra: Sierra is like an annoying little sister that you constantly complain about but secretly love having around because there is just something about her you’d miss if she was gone. Timbira will miss Sierra if they get rid of her. She’s worth keeping even though she is annoying. Imagine living with Sierra. Oy vey.

Okay time for a moment:

Ext. Brazilian River - Day
Coach stares into the water...contemplating.
Tyson spits something, maybe a seed. It makes a small splash.
Coach mumbles something insightful. It’s not a question. It’s a command. He’s Coach after all.
Then...
Coach (to Tyson): You’re like my assistant coach.

“You’re like my assistant coach.” Ah, thank you, reality gods. Beautiful. One of my favorite moments of the season. Coach laid out the perfect spiral pass and Tyson gently cradled it into his arms. For very different reasons, both these guys are solid gold.

Coach is without question one of the greatest Survivor characters ever. What’s your take on Coach? Love him? Love to hate him? Or just plain hate him? For the record Serena’s advice to Coach, “Just relax. Stop trying so hard. Just be yourself.” To which I reply, “He IS being himself! That’s what makes him so brilliant!

And then as if that wasn’t enough, another moment so good it’s as though it was scripted:

Ext. Jalapao Camp – Day

Spencer, young and single, lies on his side trying to sleep. Sandy, considerably older and also single, snuggles up next to him. Uncomfortably close. Hands searching. Surprisingly Spencer doesn’t seem to mind. Sandy musses her hair with a sexy toss of the hand.

Sandy: I know I’m a sex kitten.

Whoa. That made me incredibly uncomfortable. I had to stop the TIVO and rewind it. No offense, Sandy, (although as my friend Lopez says, whenever you say that, you actually mean the opposite) but that was just plain uncomfortable and in some states probably illegal. Is Spencer even 18 years old?

J.T. and Steven fishing together. It’s a bit like A River Runs Through It. Nice. I like it. But is it just me or do you get the idea that J.T. is the kind of guy who if you so much as looked at his girlfriend in a bar, he’d break your nose and then finish your beer. He seems very pleasant but I’m guessing that he’s broken a few noses.

And finally,  the quote of the day:

Tyson: I love seeing people cry when you crush their dreams.

See ya next week!

Now check out our exclusive deleted scene below .........
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/02/jeff-probst-b-2.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »
Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins': episode 4
Mar 6, 2009, 07:48 AM | by Jeff Probst

"Iron sharpens iron." Now that is a great line. Tell me...tell me! Where else on television can you find that kind of writing? Nowhere, I say. Nowhere. Only on Survivor: Tocantins...starring Coach!

Coach is not gold. Coach is platinum. Remember when you were a kid and you'd wake up irritated that you had to go to school, and then you realized...wait a minute, it's Saturday, I don't have to go anywhere. It was such a satisfying feeling. Well, that's the feeling I get every time I see or hear Coach on our show.

On any other season Tyson would be the guy I was raving about, but I just can't say enough about Coach. It's like being any other great golfer when Tiger Woods is playing.

I know you guys like insight, so here's a little Insight: Right now every other contestant on this season is reading this blog and they are sooooo mad at me for continuing to talk about Coach, the least liked person on the show. They want me to talk about them. Erinn wants me to talk about her incredible sex appeal. Brendan wants me to talk about how smart he was for creating "Bare Naked Granola" and making millions (yep he did). Taj wants me to talk about how good she looks...for her age...(ha, sorry Taj). Stephen wishes I would comment on his enormous brain. And Sierra – oh well, you get my point. All I can say to that is, sorry. Not my problem. As an audience member I just think Coach is hilarious.

Further evidence to support my point: "When you look at me and you look at Brendan, who looks stronger? I do." I mean, come on! In the words of Vince Vaughn, "Coach, you're so money."

I'm telling you right now that if they hadn't already signed their rights away to be on Survivor, I'd march Coach, Tyson and Sierra into CBS and sell the first hybrid sitcom/reality show...and you would all watch.

Taj is growing on me. Wasn't so sure about her the first few days but she's growing on me. Don't get me wrong, she can still be a pain in the ass, but I like her. I also want to stay on the good side of Eddie George.

"I might have just stumbled backwards into a huge alliance." Oh yes, you did, Stephen. A huge alliance. Keep an eye on that one. Stephen is great at playing the "one step behind bumbling goofball." Dude is wicked smart.

The reward challenge is one of my all time favorites. We haven't done this in a while. We did it in season 2 in Australia with Colby and Michael. We did it in Pearl Islands with Rupert and Andrew Savage (who got robbed when we did the Outcasts). This season J.T. was a workhorse, tying the record that Rupert set at 220 lbs. But ultimately it came down Debbie and Taj who were very impressive. In the end, Taj put those beautiful broad shoulders to work and pulled it out for Jalapao.

Insight: Mark Burnett absolutely hates it when contestants from opposite tribes congratulate each other after a challenge. Typically I do my best to make sure this doesn't happen but when Taj went over to hug Debbie at the end of the reward challenge it just felt right to let them do it. Fortunately Mark wasn't on location so he couldn't get mad at me, and he probably won't read this blog so he can't get mad that I'm sharing one of his pet peeves. And let's be honest, when you have a house in Malibu you really aren't entitled to any pet peeves anymore anyway.

J.T. is a major threat to win this game. Way too likable, way too smart, way too physical.

Tyson: "It felt a little weird having...those two... guys from the other tribe come over...in the back of your mind you're thinking...I wanna punch these guys in the head." Okay, Tyson, you have earned your way into the full on Gold category. If we do an all-stars, you definitely get my vote. 100%.

Sandy: (referring to Sydney) "If they're gonna be voting you off, you better be pulling off more than a bra. You better be pulling off some panties or somethun."

You have got to be kidding me. Who says that? Sandy, step on up, you too are now part of the Gold family and we are so happy to have you!

While we're at it, it's time to give Sierra some well-deserved credit. Not only is she still in the game, but she is now locked into an alliance that has the potential to go all the way.

It's also time to give our challenge department some props. The immunity challenge was pretty damn ingenious. A three-sided puzzle with multiple possibilities to confuse the tribes but only one correct phrase. You try coming up with something like that. Our guys are really good.

Tribal Council was so fun! I love it when we get into some good juicy stuff! Let's address the elephant in the room:  Sydney is absolutely beautiful. I'm not sure that it comes across on screen like it does in person but.... INSIGHT: The crew referred to her as Helen of Troy because literally everybody would stop their work when she walked into a challenge or tribal council. It's true. Now, Taj is a beautiful woman as well, but she's married and she's older so she's not going to get the same attention as Sydney. That definitely caused some friction. How could it not? Taj sees that someone like Sydney could go deep in the game simply by giving backrubs and staying out of the way. And as for flirting – I wouldn't say Sydney was that big of a flirt. The truth about men and women is that all it takes for a man to think a woman is interested in him is for her to say "hi." I don't know if Sydney has a boyfriend back home or not, but if so, he needn't worry. She wasn't "pulling down some panties or somethun."

Okay. Finally, we must lay to rest...crazy ole Sandy. I gotta say, I don't know that I agree with Sandy's logic but for a kooky lady she's not as dumb as she sounds. She is annoying though. Let's be clear. She was annoying. What makes her likable is she can't help that she's annoying. She doesn't mean to be. She's just being herself.

Sandy, I'm sooooooo sorry you are gone. Man, oh man. Such a loss. You were a delight to have on the show and I know I called you annoying but it doesn't mean I don't have mad love for you.

Last words — U2 has been on Letterman all week and they are tearing it up. Talk to ya next week.

Now check out our exclusive deleted scene below
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/jeff-probst-blo.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 01:09:40 AM »
Not a blog but I don't know where else to put this  :lol:

:hearts: Jeff Probst Saves The Day on The Red Carpet in Hollywood. 03 08 09.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msSdwm-G8Jo

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 05:07:18 AM »
I just wish Jeff would shut the hell up with Coach. Enough is enough!! (:;) (:;) (:;)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 05:13:18 AM »
Insight: Mark Burnett absolutely hates it when contestants from opposite tribes congratulate each other after a challenge. Typically I do my best to make sure this doesn't happen but when Taj went over to hug Debbie at the end of the reward challenge it just felt right to let them do it. Fortunately Mark wasn't on location so he couldn't get mad at me, and he probably won't read this blog so he can't get mad that I'm sharing one of his pet peeves. And let's be honest, when you have a house in Malibu you really aren't entitled to any pet peeves anymore anyway.

Probably wants to turn Survivor into a show with just animosity? When Taj went to hug Deb, that was probably one of the most heart warming Survivor moments.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 10:34:21 AM »
..... more on Jeff saves the day on the red carpet WTG  :hearts:

Survivor's Jeff Probst Helps Woman Survive Seizure

Looks like Jeff Probst has learned a thing or two about survival during his nine years snuffing out tiki torches.

At tonight's Academy of Magical Arts Awards ceremony in Hollywood (hosted by Neil Patrick Harris), we witnessed as the Survivor host caught a camerawoman who suddenly suffered a seizure as he answering questions for her media outlet.

"She fell into my arms, basically," Jeff told us exclusively right after the incident. "She had a seizure and she didn't know it. When she came back to she said, ‘I'm fine,' and she had no idea. Then she had another one."

When the woman suffered her second seizure, Jeff jumped into action again, catching her, holding her and lowering her to the ground. A few minutes later, she came to and tried to get up, and Jeff held her head steady and explained that she needed to stay put until the ambulance arrived. He stayed with her until medical personnel arrived at the scene.

So what does Jeff have to say about this gallant display?

"I think anybody would react to that," he told us humbly tonight. "That's just another person in trouble. Anybody would do that. It's amazing how quickly you can get into trouble."

As for the current season of Survivor (Tocantins), Jeff promises more twists and turns coming our way. "There's a record number of blindsides this year, which is always fun. There's more tribal councils where people don't know they're going home and they get zapped than we ever had before." He also is excited about the final outcome."[We have] a really good finish, one of the best winners we've had in a really long time."

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b103368_survivors_jeff_probst_helps_woman.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 12:35:41 PM »
Very COOL! Thanks marigold!

He also is excited about the final outcome."[We have] a really good finish, one of the best winners we've had in a really long time."
Gosh, I can't think of one castaway right now that I would want to win :hides

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 07:32:32 AM »
Good job, Jeffie!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 09:02:35 AM »
Very COOL! Thanks marigold!

He also is excited about the final outcome."[We have] a really good finish, one of the best winners we've had in a really long time."
Gosh, I can't think of one castaway right now that I would want to win :hides

Good enough to know Tyson and Coach won't win. Last season when he said we'll like the winner, we did. ;D

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 10:54:12 AM »
Going out on a limb here and "guessing" Spencer.  He's young, likeable and really glad he got to be on the show.  I think his tribemates all like him.  If not him then JT.  Likeable, good in challenges, hard worked and plays well with others.  Probably not someone who doesn't need the money though.  The rich get richer in real life we don't need to see it on a reality show.  If Tyson is just biding his time and were to be directly responsible for blindsiding Coach  I could be happy with him winning. 

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 01:40:31 PM »
Hmm, did I read somewhere in JP's blog that as an audience he loves Coach? If he assumes that the audience loves Coach, he could be the winner. Hopefully not. I'm guessing J.T. Not that he's a favourite of mine now, but as JP said, he's smart (haven't seen that), strong and very likeable.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 10:00:07 PM »
Hmm, did I read somewhere in JP's blog that as an audience he loves Coach? If he assumes that the audience loves Coach, he could be the winner. Hopefully not. I'm guessing J.T. Not that he's a favourite of mine now, but as JP said, he's smart (haven't seen that), strong and very likeable.

But he's wrong, everywhere i go people hate Coach. :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 10:09:49 PM »

But he's wrong, everywhere i go people hate Coach. :lol:
:waves: ..Joab does not lie!  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 11:14:35 PM »
 :funny: Just look at a few forums and you'll know Coach's reputation. :funny:

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 08:29:17 AM »
As for JT being smart lets go back to day 1.  They're reading the map and JT takes the lead - they reach camp in daylight.  Coach takes the lead for his tribe and it is well after dark when they arrive.  Score 1 for JT.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 06:42:21 PM »
i hate couch :meow: :meow:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 10:00:35 PM »

I know that's an accident with the spelling (yes?), but it's incidentally funny. Coach as COUCH!! :funny:

Sorry tory, not making fun at you in ANY way.. but i seriously think Coach does seem more appropriate for the name Couch. ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 10:58:25 AM »
Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins': episode 5
Mar 13, 2009, 06:04 AM | by Jeff Probst
Okay, I'm done talking about Coach. For now anyway, let's turn our attention to Stephen and one of my favorite quotes of this episode:

Ext. Camp – Day
Stephen scratches the back of Taj.

Stephen: "I've never brought such pleasure to a woman before."

Did this comment catch anyone's ear? I have a few explanations for this comment:
a. Stephen is gay, not that there's anything wrong with that
b. Stephen is straight but has limited experience with women
c. Stephen is going for broke and playing this game full on

I vote for C. I think Stephen is one of the most sophisticated and subtle players in the game. He is letting people believe that he's the quiet, "one beat behind" city kid just happy to not have bugs crawling up his arse. Who knows, he may be gay and/or he may have limited experience with women, but that is irrelevant. This guy could go deep.

Word on the street: People like Taj and I can see why. She's coming across as a likable, hard working, and industrious player. But boy did she make a potential million- dollar mistake when she gave the idol to Stephen.

Let me answer your question before you ask it...Stephen is absolutely correct that at this moment, the idol belongs to him. Case closed.

INSIGHT: Within the rules of Survivor, Taj has absolutely zero claim to the idol. If you give the idol to someone for "safe keeping" you better trust them because the person who possesses it owns it. Period. The only exception is theft –you cannot steal the idol from someone.

So the moment Taj handed that idol to Stephen she gave away the single most powerful thing in the game and trust me, Stephen is aware of this stroke of luck. Even if she had put conditions on it, such as "you have to give it to me if I need it" – doesn't matter. Remember Dreams and Yau-Man and the car negotiation for a vote that never materialized. Same thing. A Survivor agreement is only as good as the word of the person on the other end of the negotiation.

Man, oh man I love how easily Sierra can improv a lie...on the spot. She asked Deb for the most valuable information, "is everyone with you?" Deb's response gave Sierra an open door to talk freely with Brendan. What's wrong with you people?!! Have you not watched Survivor before? You don't leave people alone to strategize. It's like watching a horror movie when the sexy woman goes back in the house and you yell at the screen, "Haven't you watched horror movies!!!? You never go back in the house!" Dumb. Just plain dumb.

Drumroll please...not only is this my favorite quote from this episode, it tops anything Coach has said thus far:

Ext. Charmin Café – Day
The tribe enjoys their coffee and pastries. J.T. gets up to stretch and finds a collection of envelopes sitting in a hammock. Excitement breaks out as the Survivors scream to one another:
Sydney: Oh cool, what is it!!!?
J.T.: I don't know what it is.
Joe: Is it a menu?
(Beat)
Taj: Is it a gift certificate?!!!

"Is it a gift certificate?" "Is it...a...gift certificate." When I saw the first cut of this episode I must have watched that moment twenty times and I giggled myself silly every single time. Yeah Taj, it's a Survivor gift certificate. Good for use at your local Survivor store where you can buy anything your imagination can dream up! It's only good for one year so be sure to use it soon. Restrictions apply, consult the back of your gift certificate for full details.

There's nothing wrong with Taj's comment. It wasn't mean. It didn't hurt anyone. She wasn't being selfish. What I find so fascinating about Taj's comment is what it reveals. Nestled there in the jungle with her coffee and donut, Taj felt safe enough to let her guard down just for a moment and in doing so revealed so much about her life back home. Clearly, Taj loves her gift certificates and when that is the first thought that comes to your mind you obviously get them quite often. Evidently Eddie is very good to Taj.

And while we're at it, let me just address those of you who will write something along the lines of "how can these idiots get so emotional over a damn letter from home? It's not like they've been gone that long anyway."

Well the logical answer to that question goes like this: If a "thing," any "thing," continues to happen season after season, from one group of Survivors to another then there is probably something to it. Kinda like when you water a plant and it always seems to grow. Okay, that analogy sucked, but you guys know my analogies suck and you get what I'm saying anyway. Moving on.

I know I said I wouldn't talk about Coach but I have to address his ability to predict the weather. It was shaman-like. Spooky. Dude is gifted. Touched. In the head perhaps, but touched.

J.T. was an animal in the reward challenge. He nearly singlehandedly won that challenge for Jalapao. He just needed a little bit of support from anyone else on his tribe but he didn't get it.

Now to the tooth issue. Here's what happened: He didn't lose his entire tooth. He only lost half of his tooth. Not so bad, right? It was as if you shaved the top layer off, so he still had a tooth in his gum, it was just half as thick as normal. J.T. is one tough dude. J.T. reminds me how tough I'm not. I'm not sure where it all went wrong....I was born in Kansas, that's "tough guy" country, but damnit, if I lost half a tooth I would have milked that like a Holstein.

INSIGHT: After the challenge, you saw me give J.T. the tooth. He then took it back to camp but decided he didn't want it. Had no use for it. Didn't care that the rest of his tooth might fall out. "I'm a cowboy. I don't need my teeth anyway. " Okay he didn't actually say that but he might as well have. He gave it to medical and they gave it back to me and I now have it in my house. It's in a plastic bag and I will bring it with me to the live show in case he's changed his mind. Otherwise I will sell it to the highest bidder, so start saving your pennies.

Taj – I like seeing Taj get mad for no other reason than I just enjoy it. She's fun when she's mad. Was it a good move? Absolutely not. Fun to watch? Oh yeah. You know that woman can go off on people!! I would not want to be on the other end of Taj getting mad, like say, for instance, if you forgot to give her a gift certificate or something.

Finally – Spencer. I dig Spencer. I like how he carried himself in the game. He was much younger than most everyone else in this game, he was a huge Survivor fan, and he was endlessly enthusiastic. Maybe that's what did him in. I wish he had lasted longer because I know how badly he wanted to play this game.

INSIGHT: Spencer was an alternate this season. We don't even usually bring alternates, but this season our casting director, Lynne Spillman, just had a hunch we might need one so she insisted we bring Spencer, "just in case." It was the night before we were set to begin and it didn't look good for Spencer making the show. He was really bummed. We tried to keep his spirits up by reminding him that there was still a chance that he could be a part of next season.

Then in a strange Survivor twist of fate, one of our contestants did not pass the mandatory final physical exam. He would be unable to participate and we had an opening. Dave Burris (Exec Producer) Dr. Liza, (show psychologist) and I went over to share the news with Spencer. We decided to have a little fun with him knowing that ultimately we had good news to present. We pulled him aside from everyone else and with very sad faces said, "Spencer...about next season...it's not gonna work out." This put an end to the last glimmer of hope Spencer thought he had of being on Survivor. We let the sadness hang for only a moment before continuing, "...because you're on this season!!" He erupted in joy to the point where we had to quiet him down so the other contestants wouldn't hear him and figure out he had been an alternate all along. It was one of the most enjoyable moments in the history of my time on Survivor because he was so excited.

So long Spencer, it was short but hopefully it quenched your Survivor thirst.

OKAY LISTEN UP: Because of NCAA basketball on CBS, our schedule will change a bit over the next 3 weeks. Here it is:

March 19 (next week): We are NOT on at all! (Bummmmer, I know.)

March 25: We are on WEDNESDAY NIGHT with a really cool "never before scenes" special. There are some great scenes that will crack you up, including Coach conducting. It's really good stuff. I know a lot of you guys hate this episode so we worked especially hard to make it rock! One of our best producers Daren sweated night and day for weeks to find stuff worthy of your time. Give it a shot if you're around.

Thursday, April 2: WE ARE BACK! I've just seen the episode. It's fantastic. You're gonna love the rest of this season.

Later dudes.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/jeff-probst-b-1.html

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 12:47:00 PM »
Oh gosh... No Survivor next week and a recap episode the week after next? That is a BUMMER. =(

And yeah, I liked Spencer, was sad to see him go.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 12:49:12 PM »
Oh gosh... No Survivor next week and a recap episode the week after next? That is a BUMMER. =(

And yeah, I liked Spencer, was sad to see him go.

Me too. But better Specer than Taj. lol~

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2009, 09:59:50 PM »
Not part of JP's blog but very cute .....

Could that be Jeff Probst at the check stand? Naw... Find out April 1st on CBS!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 04:44:30 PM »
Probst video interview:

Video Blog: Jeff Probst on 'The Insider' Set!

"Survivor" host Jeff Probst is on our set and blogging just for "The Insider" online!

he talks about a lot of things

Link to view the video: http://www.theinsider.com/news/1928933_Video_Blog_Jeff_Probst_on_The_Insider_Set

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 07:13:36 PM »
Wow that is funny!  I wish that happened me!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 11:21:22 AM »
nvm ..I just realized marigold already posted this ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 04:36:46 PM by puddin »

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 04:24:10 PM »
Let's just hope he DIDN'T shop lift at that store!
 :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 05:15:53 PM »
JP said on The Insider when asked whats to look forward too and he told whats her face that someone is in clear pain and needs to be airlifted. When he didn't say.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 07:08:13 PM »
JP said on The Insider when asked whats to look forward too and he told whats her face that someone is in clear pain and needs to be airlifted. When he didn't say.

:'(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2009, 11:36:25 AM »
INTERVIEW: JEFF PROBST TEACHES US HOW TO WIN "SURVIVOR"
By Jim Halterman

While "Survivor" host Jeff Probst may tell voted-off contestants at the end of every episode that "the tribe has spoken," audiences have spoken and there's no end in sight for the CBS's stalwart reality series "Survivor." Our Jim Halterman talked to Probst about how the Mark Burnett-produced series is a lot like life, whether brains or brawn get you further in the competition and his response to being called sexy.

Jim Halterman: After 18 seasons of "Survivor," why haven't people figured out how to win the game with ease?

Jeff Probst: I don't think that's the right question. I think the way to look at it is from the opposite side, which is that you cannot change who you are. You can walk into this game and say 'Alright, I'm going to be middle of the pack, I'm not going to ruffle any feathers, I'm going to make strong alliances and I'm going to listen really well.' But if you're a natural leader, then that's a bunch of bull**** and what you're really going to do is on the day two you're going to get so frustrated with the guy in the black shorts that doesn't get it and you're going to say. 'Listen, what you need to do is put the rope like this and you're done' and now you're a leader and you can't turn back. And the other guy goes 'Why are you saying that?' Well, he's saying it because it's in his nature. It's the whole scorpion and the frog thing. The frog gives the scorpion a ride and then the scorpion kills him. Why? Because it's what I do.

JH: So "Survivor" is just a big metaphor for life.

JP: Oh, yeah. 100%. "Survivor" has always been a microcosm of the same human interaction that's going on in the office or the family or in the pick-up basketball game. You cannot change who you are. You drop in on a group of guys playing basketball, within about three minutes you can tell that's the nice guy. He just likes to get out here and exercise. But the dude in the middle? The tall guy? He's the boss. He's a pain in the ass and he's always right. We see it all the time.

JH: The last episode that aired was interesting when Spencer revealed to the camera that he's gay but made a choice not to tell anyone else because he feared it would influence the game. But then he got the boot anyway and it had nothing to do with his sexuality. What do you make of that line of thinking?

JP: I think Spencer was right. I think his instincts were that guys like J.T. wouldn't know what to do with it and in "Survivor" you're playing a game that is about elimination. The goal is don't give nobody a reason to get rid of me and all it takes is something that's different than everyone else. I think in Spencer's case, being gay, when you talk about "Survivor" bringing together people from all walks of life that can be enough. If the show was only filled with New Yorkers or Californians maybe you'd have a different way of looking at it but when it's filled with people from all over the country, you've got to be careful what you admit. You know, Brendan created Bear Naked Granola and it's worth like $20 million. He damn sure doesn't want anybody to know that.

JH: Would you say it's more of a brain game than a brawn game or a little of both.

JP: I think it is neither. I think "Survivor" is first and foremost a social game. Typically, the people who do well, not always the winner but do well, typically are the same people who do well at parties and other places where they're good at reading people, pop into a conversation and pop out. That's the essence of the game and then layered on top of that is the physicality required to last a long time, be good at challenges so you can win your way to the end and also the brain power to be able to constantly assess and reassess the different miracle combinations that are on-going at any given time. If I do this with her, and she does that with him that leaves me in this situation but if this happens, and you're constantly running these schemes so I don't mean to imply that it's enough to be a person who's great at cocktail parties. I'm just saying the foundation is if you can't get along people, it's very hard to win this game because the structure of "Survivor" requires that seven people come back and decide who wins and those are seven people that you helped vote out so you have to be incredibly diplomatic in how you get rid of people in addition to it being a difficult game.

JH: When you're actually filming, can you tell when you have a good crop of contestants and the show is going well or do you have to wait for the editing to get in there?

JP: That's a good question. I have the same philosophy every season, which is, I have my own gut take and whenever we come home that's pretty much what I say in interviews. I highlight what I think is the best part but the audience is the ultimate decider. They're the ultimate judges and they determine whether it was good or not. We've had seasons when we came back and I thought they were really pretty good and the audience was ho-hum about. Likewise, we came home from Gabon, which I didn't think was that great of a season but I had a lot of people tell me that they really enjoyed it. One of the things "Survivor" has going for it is it's a really good format. The structure of the show tends to work over and over and over. You put new people in the same situation and then you think what are they going to do and what would I do if I were in that same situation.

JH: Talk to me about Exile Island. I love the concept and it seems to be a breeding ground for building alliances. How did you bring that into the show?

JP: Exile Island is a great example of the show informing us because it was actually born back in our tenth season in Palou when we had this woman Jeaneau and she ended up all alone on this island and she was the least likely person that you would ever think would survive. She didn't know how to make fire, she was afraid, she didn't like the water but she was left on her own and lo and behold she changed her life. She got scrappy and she made fire and it was a huge epiphany for her, this great dramatic moment and that's where that idea was born. Wow, isolating someone on their own is a pretty good breeding ground for drama. But this season we tried something different where we bring opposite tribes together and we got some gold. We got an alliance that's a cross-tribal alliance and nobody really knows about it so it has potential to be really powerful.

JH: Is there going to be another All-Star edition?

JP: I would imagine we're going to do another one. I was not a fan in the beginning. When Moonves announced that we were doing the first All-Stars in Season 8, I thought What?! And clearly, as is so often the case, I was completely wrong since it was one of our most popular seasons ever and then we just did Fans Versus Favorites, which is one of my all-time favorite seasons. It was fantastic. I think we're going to be doing another one. One of the great things about reality shows is you find these great characters and then you only get them for one season so why not bring them back. The audience seems to love seeing their favorite people again.

JH: Can the show go on infinitely and how long do you plan on sticking around?

JP: First part of the question, I have no idea. We haven't lost a regular Thursday night since 2003. That's a very little known fact maybe but in terms of the television industry it's well known. Thursday night at 8 is pretty much owned by "Survivor." And we've had show after show after show come up against us and every season I'm told by somebody that this is the season we're going to knocked off by somebody but we've continued to hold our own. We have such a loyal audience, they're so good to us that I think the show could run awhile longer and as far as my involvement, I'll be completely honest with you, I have no idea. We're in an economy where having any job is a blessing and I have one of the greatest jobs that any mortal could hope to have and, yet, I don't know how long.

JH: I asked "Amazing Race" host Phil Keoghan a few weeks ago if he ever expected to become a sex symbol by hosting a reality show.

JP: I've always thought Phil was sexy so it doesn't surprise me at all. [Laughs.] Who said I was a sex symbol?

JH: I've heard it. It's out there.

JP: I don't really look at it that way. I'm trying to answer your question.

JH: You've already said more than Phil. He was completely stymied.

JP: There's no way to answer it because you sound like an idiot no matter what. It's been an interesting ride to go from absolute anonymity to being on a show that is in 15 million homes every week. That part is what's weird. I travel around and I meet people who stop me all the time in airports and places and they talk about how much they love the show and that feels really good because "Survivor" is still a family show and I'm proud of it. I'm so glad I'm on a show and can meet a seven year old and talk to him about how much he loves Ozzie but I can also meet a 77-year old who can say 'In my hey-day I would've kicked ass on that show.' That is the best part. And I think that although I had a fairly rocky start I think for the most part I've earned trust in the people who watch the show and that makes me feel very good. I'm very proud of "Survivor."

"Survivor: Tocantins" airs Thursday nights

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rant.aspx?id=20090402_survivor

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2009, 06:07:43 PM »
I must say, I love love love how Jeff writes---almost as much as his dimples!  :hearts:
He should write a book someday about Survivor!  :jumpy:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2009, 06:11:07 PM »
I must say, I love love love how Jeff writes---almost as much as his dimples!  :hearts:
He should write a book someday about Survivor!  :jumpy:

We do need one!  He should write a book.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2009, 06:36:17 PM »
Did anyone catch "I get that a lot" last night? JP was adorable and the show was actually fun to watch! People are not as dumb as they think .. lol

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2009, 08:48:55 AM »
Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (episode 6)

Okay, first let me address Survivor not being on the air during the NCAA Basketball tournament. On behalf of our entire crew I'd like to say…"We hate being interrupted!! We feel your pain. We have absolutely no say. It's a network decision and college hoops are big business, so that's that.

Moving on….

I'm gonna start with Coach. Tonight Coach got to me. Coach has a hard time accepting any kind of blame yet he is always the first to blame others. Tonight, had I been on his tribe, Coach would have irritated me to the point of me saying something that I would no doubt later regret.

Like, "Coach, shut up." Or, "Coach, kiss my ass." Or some other unprintable but quite colorful fifth-grade schoolyard verbal laceration.

Coach is also a martyr. Whoa, I thought my mom had that market cornered. Move over Barbara, Coach wants the throne. When they lose half a pot of their beans, it's a big damn deal. There isn't a craft services counter just around the corner with Red Vines and donuts. But Coach can't just say, "my bad" and get on with it. When Coach says he'll take full blame he doesn't mean it for one second.

Nonetheless, Coach once again wins the quote of the night:

Coach: "I probably won't make a second pot…for my beans."

I know many of you hate that I love Coach, but you gotta admit that was a funny line. And hey, for at least one week maybe we can all come together and hate Coach equally. Okay, I'm done with that.

SMART PLAYER UPDATE:
Brendan is now my pick as the smartest player left in the game. Brendan is one smart dude. Brendan could win. Brendan's fate will come down to how he fares with Coach 'cause Coach wants him gone. Beware granola boy…the Dragon Slayer lurks….

Tyson is also a very smart player. He's trying to hover in the middle and stay out of the way. It's a good overall strategy but not for him. He's too much of a threat. He needs to make a big move very soon and try to take this game over or he'll get his throat cut.

J.T. is smart and certainly playing a very different game under the heading of "good ole country boy" but he almost blew it tonight. Voting out Taj would have been a huge mistake. You do not vote out someone from your alliance this early in the game. I now have to knock him down a couple of pegs. That was almost a fatal mistake.

Stephen is right there too, playing his own version of "Who me? I'm just happy to be here." The jury is still out on exactly how shrewd he is, but one thing is clear…Stephen is a lousy liar. That conversation with J.T. about the immunity idol was uncomfortable to watch.

Taj is second tier smart. I know that reading this will irritate her but it's how I feel. She's very good, but she will only win if the others destroy themselves. And Taj, are you out of your mind giving up the idol? Of course you are. You are out of your mind woman. I am 99% certain that your man Eddie George was on the couch tonight saying, "You did what, baby?!!" That was a big time mistake and you better find a way to get that idol back A.S.A.P., 'cause your alliance partners are just dumb enough to vote you out.

In case you were wondering, yes, those pigs were ceramic and yes, they hurt when you caught them.

Damn, Joe's knee. Whoa. That is ugly. Could anyone still doubt this game is for real? Just look at that little tiny nick and how bad it has gotten in just 72 hours. Joe is a hurtin' dude right now. I felt for him so much that it made it hard to laugh when he found the fake idol. I really like Joe. Joe likes Sydney. Sydney has a boyfriend. Joe has a bad knee and a fake idol and likes a girl who has a boyfriend. Joe is in trouble. He's on the outside of the alliance that he should be a part of. Poor Joe.

INSIGHT: At the end of the waterfall reward, you see a very big shot from high above looking down on the Survivors swimming in the water. That shot comes from our helicopter, which is standing by, ready for action 24/7. When a producer needs a shot, they call the chopper crew. Our helicopter cameraman, Mark Hyrma, and the helicopter pilot are up and spinning within 10 minutes. They communicate via walkie-talkie and within 20 minutes they have the shot and are heading back to base camp. This is a major luxury. It comes from Mark Burnett insisting from day one that this show have an epic look. The helicopter shot is a staple of Survivor and one of the many reasons the show looks so good season after season.

PERSONAL SHARING: Last weekend, I had dinner with Mark Burnett and his beautiful wife, Roma Downey. They invited some people over to their house and it was quite nice. Okay, reallllly nice. I mean the dude is quite successful, and Roma… anybody remember Touched By An Angel? Yeah, it was a little hit show that she starred in for over a decade, so they're doing fine and what's really cool is that they are good people. They're fun to be around. They know how to throw a dinner party. In fact, they throw such a good dinner party that they even hired some musical entertainment for the night. But here's the best part…they hired a piano player and singer named Mike Darnell to entertain us all. Now to most of you that name might not mean anything, but to Hollywood industry folks, Mike Darnell is a HUGE name. Darnell runs FOX reality. He's the network head of  American Idol and every other reality show on Fox. Talk about successful. Darnell is a major player in the entertainment world…and here he is playing piano at Burnett's for tips. He said he just really enjoys entertaining people, but I wonder if maybe he lost a bet or something. I can't tell you who else was there, but suffice it to say that I was the answer to the question, "Who in this room does not belong?" Oh, I almost forgot one last part to the story – I wrote this part of the story on Wednesday.

Okay, back to Survivor. Joe is a major flirt. First Sydney, now Erinn, and Erinn likes it. Did you see that hug on Exile? If there wasn't a camera, I think that hug had a chance to become a bit more intimate. Am I reading into it? What do you think?

NOTE TO ALL FUTURE SURVIVOR CONTESTANTS: We LOVE fake idols. We "decorate" your camps and tree mails in a way that there are always plenty of "items" you can use to get creative. So do it. It's so enjoyable to see somebody think they have the real idol when we all know they don't.

Finally we come to Tribal Council – you knew it was only a matter of time. Sydney is this season's beautiful blonde who no one will remember by the end of the show. I'm sorry, Sydney, just being honest. She was destined to leave early. I'm not sure why but it always goes this way; the beautiful blonde always leaves too soon. We loved having you on the show and our crew HATED seeing you leave, but let's face it, you never really had a shot at winning so it's just as well before the bugs did too much damage.

I'm done. Talk next week everyone.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04/jeff-probst-blo.html

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2009, 09:14:24 AM »
If there is an award given to great bloggers JP would win.  He has such a way of summing things up . . . gotta love him!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2009, 11:40:43 AM »

If there is an award given to great bloggers JP would win.  He has such a way of summing things up . . . gotta love him!!!
Yeah hes pretty awesome! plus he gives away spoilers  :lol:

Joe must be the one medevaced, when? No clue yet!

Damn, Joe's knee. Whoa. That is ugly. Could anyone still doubt this game is for real? Just look at that little tiny nick and how bad it has gotten in just 72 hours. Joe is a hurtin' dude right now. I felt for him so much that it made it hard to laugh when he found the fake idol. I really like Joe. Joe likes Sydney. Sydney has a boyfriend. Joe has a bad knee and a fake idol and likes a girl who has a boyfriend. Joe is in trouble. He's on the outside of the alliance that he should be a part of. Poor Joe.

Brendan = next weeks title
SMART PLAYER UPDATE:
Brendan is now my pick as the smartest player left in the game. Brendan is one smart dude. Brendan could win. Brendan's fate will come down to how he fares with Coach 'cause Coach wants him gone. Beware granola boy…the Dragon Slayer lurks….

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2009, 09:52:01 PM »

Jeff Probst Blogs:

Saturday, April 04, 2009 

EW.com Blogs- Week 6 Edition

Wow! That was a long break. But we are back! Thanks for hanging tight with us.

Sorry to see Sydney go. I think we are about take a hit in the male demo. But there is a some great stuff ahead, so stay tuned.

Onto the blog! http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04/jeff-probst-blo.html

Link: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=321751631&blogId=481192644

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2009, 10:06:06 PM »
Probst fires off another one  :lol:

Saturday, April 04, 2009 

New Videos

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post sooner, but I just wanted to thank all of you for tuning into "I Get That A Lot," this past week.

The special pulled in some great numbers and I really had a really fun time doing it.

I also added in a cool behind the scenes 2-part video that shows how our amazing openings are shot. I know I say this a lot, but it is really the honest truth. We have some of the most talented people working with us on our Survivor crew. It's great to be able to show them off to everyone. They are amazing!

-Jeff

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=321751631&blogId=481196415

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2009, 01:16:05 PM »
Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (episode 6)
SMART PLAYER UPDATE:

Hmm, this sounds a little too obvious, I don't think Brendan wins. =(

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2009, 11:30:27 AM »
Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (episode 7)

have to say, I really enjoyed tonight's episode. It was very different from your typical Survivor episode and maybe that's what I liked about it. I don't always like an episode dominated by strategy talk but tonight was an exception. Tonight, I loved the dizzying amount of strategizing.

There are so many alliances going on that for the first time in 18 seasons I am delightfully confused. I can barely keep track of them all. It doesn't take a very smart 5th grader to tell there are going to be a lot of blindsides coming up in the next few weeks. It's almost guaranteed with this many alliances, not all of them can hold up. Betrayal is coming. To win this season of Survivor you are going to have to play a fantastic mental game from here on out.

If you let your guard down for one moment or trust that anybody is telling you the truth, your odds for being out skyrocket.

Which brings me to Coach. He is one of the most naïve dragon slayers I've ever met. He took JT's handshake and promise of loyalty straight up without a chaser, no ice, just down the hatch. If he didn't have all the tattoos I would seriously wonder if Coach was a real dragon slayer. All the dragon slayers I've met are notoriously lacking in the trust department. It is part of the dragon slayer training.  Even Wikipedia has a pretty extensive manual on dragon slaying and the third rule is "trust no one, slay every one."

Speaking of Coach's tattoos, they all look very new. The ink is very bright and colorful. I would think given all of his adventures and death defying escapades that the ink would be a bit faded if for no other reason than all of the wear and tear. QUESTION: Is it possible that he actually got most of the tats in anticipation of Survivor? I bet at least two of them are within the last six months. I'm giving 5-1 odds.

By the way - so many people got upset last week because I said Taj was 'second tier' smart. It had nothing to do with her being a woman, it had to do with the way she is playing the game. I think she is playing a bit passive and that's just my take. Remember, I'm just a reality show host,.. and yes, I get paid either way.

While I'm at it, let me share for those of you who don't read the comments that people make in response to this blog that last weeks collection of responses was the most negative ever! Record setting in veracity and volume. I actually printed out all of the comments and posted them on my refrigerator… and my oven...and my kitchen table...and then I moved to the living room...and finally the downstairs bedroom. The rest of them I took to the local recycling plant, which refused them due to excess weight.

PERSONAL INSIGHT: I hated the stupid "flashes of lightning" we added to Coach's meditative stretching at the top of the show. I don't like any of those cheap effects but clearly I was outvoted this time.

Anybody else wonder how JT still has a belly? I think it's getting bigger, too. Is that from the merge feast? That kid must have eaten a lot. It doesn't take a huge imagination to imagine JT at about 65 years old. Same ole swagger, bit of a grin as he sips on his third beer. He could easily be a sheriff of a small town. Or that guy who everybody knows because he can fix anything. He's the somewhat surly old man who doesn't say much, mostly just nods, which makes him even more mysterious, but when he does talk, the townspeople, they listen.

It's the same on Survivor. People seem to listen to JT. Dunno why exactly but he has an easy way about him and that charm is working very well. People who get other people to listen to them do very well in this game.

QUESTION: Why is everybody so turned off by Brendan? Are they jealous or just threatened? I like Brendan. I can see that he's a threat but everybody seems to have a lot of animosity toward him. I really don't get it.

Tyson is a blast to watch and I love his witty commentary… but Tyson hates everybody. I am so curious what is driving his hatred of Sierra. Doesn't he know, Sierra could end up married to a Survivor producer and then if there's another all-star season and Tyson is on it, he might have to deal with a producer who married Sierra and that could make him feel bad, requiring therapy and possibly acupuncture?  Doesn't he think about stuff like that? Who doesn't think about stuff like that? It could happen.

I loved the immunity challenge. For my money, this is the perfect type of Survivor challenge. Very simple in concept but very difficult to execute. Hang on for as long as you can until you have to let go at which point prepare to lose most of your skin.

The best/worst moment of the night had to be Sierra sliding down the post. I still cringe thinking about how much skin scraped off as she caught every part of that pole on her way down. Sierra is a model and I'm guessing her day rate will be greatly diminished as a result of that challenge.

In case you are wondering, my reactions to those things are not fake, we don't come back and shoot them later – I really do make that kind of ridiculous face when I see things like that happen. Biggest drag of the night – losing Joe to an injury. You could tell from his reaction that Joe was in some serious pain. I can tell you from his comments to me after the docs gave him the news that he did not want to leave. He was very disappointed.

INSIGHT: Our medical team checks on the Survivors throughout the course of the show so it was not unusual for them to take a look at Joe. The rules of Survivor are very clear regarding injuries. You can stay in the game as long as you like, unless our doctors decide that an injury is life threatening, at which point our doctors can pull you from the game whether you want to go or not. That is what happened to Joe. Joe did not want to leave, we did not want Joe to leave. The doctors insisted he leave. There was nothing we could do about it. Just like when they took out Penner and James in Fans Vs. Favorites. The doctors have a big voice on Survivor when it comes to the health of the contestants and for good reason. We are in the middle of nowhere and if someone gets in trouble it is not a quick trip around the block to the nearest hospital. In Tocantins, we were several hours by car and nearly two hours by helicopter from the nearest hospital. They looked at his leg and decided the infection was too risky. He was evacuated and taken to hospital and he is doing fine. We have an amazing medical team. They not only take care of the Survivors but also our crew of over 400.

Last word of the night goes to Serena who absolutely hates Stephen. She thinks he is a "three-faced, lying, manipulative, scheming, back-stabber, follower!" To further quote Serena, "He probably started liking the Lakers when Shaq and Kobe won their three rings together." Clearly Serena likes her hoops as well. This is an assessment I agree with completely (except for the follower part) and is further evidence of why I refer to him as a very smart player, definitely first tier.

Goodnight.

--Jeff Probst

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04/jeff-probst-b-1.html

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2009, 05:06:49 AM »

Fully agree.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2009, 11:15:52 AM »
Came across this hot picture of Jeff showering, was posted by Dreamer on Jokers but he didn't credit where it came from....and no, I wouldn't post it if it showed his jewels.....just some eye candy for the Jeff lovers and I know this is not the proper thread since it has nothing to do with blogs but where to post it?

P.S. If this shouldn't have been posted, let me know and I'll delete, thanks!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2009, 03:38:17 PM »

I know that's an accident with the spelling (yes?), but it's incidentally funny. Coach as COUCH!! :funny:

Sorry tory, not making fun at you in ANY way.. but i seriously think Coach does seem more appropriate for the name Couch. ;D

np i lol at my self i am soooo deslix..ty for talking to me and responding to my post lov it when ppl find the humor in things ..awsome, again never offend by u joab u r one i all ways read on the board..love u r post!!! :tup: :tup:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2009, 03:59:51 PM »
awsome pic of jeff will, love it!!!
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2009, 09:02:17 PM »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2009, 08:08:05 AM »
Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' episode 8

Okay, truth test...you're starting to love Coach a little bit, right? If not, you are gonna hate this blog, because this blog is dedicated to Coach.

I've hosted Survivor for 18 seasons, and up until now there has only been one person I thought might be worthy of their own show and that was Boston Rob. That is, up until now.

I am seriously considering a show called The Dragon Slayer. It's about a guy who lives in a world that exists solely in his own mind, and thus is invisible to the outside world. While it is the year 2009, the Dragon Slayer dresses like he's just returned from one of those Renaissance fairs where he's just finished eating a turkey leg the size of a small dog. We'll simply follow his daily life, where every time he leaves his home offers the potential for a life changing, near-death, journey. Every episode concludes with his signature line:

Coach: "Hence my name, the dragon slayer."

Most shows suffer from running out of ideas. That will never happen on The Dragon Slayer, not with comments like this:

Coach: "I want you guys to know there are three people in the world that know this story."

Okay, that is a total lie. Coach told all of us producers this same story during casting and I've probably told three or four other people cause come on, it's a good story. They've told people, who've told other people, cause again, it really is a good story. I'd argue that after tonight's episode, seen in over a hundred countries, that Coach's story of being beaten by indigenous people in the Amazon will soon surpass Susan Boyle in popularity. Don't know who Susan Boyle is? Stop reading this blog and go to YouTube.

Back to my new show, The Dragon Slayer. Another reason Coach deserves his own show is because he has principal. For instance, in one episode, National Geographic wants to come along with Coach as he kayaks down the Amazon, but he says no.

Coach: "I'm doing this alone."

That is a true, Dragon Slayer. You do it not for the glory, but because it is there.

Say no to Nat Geo, but a resounding YES to Survivor. The man knows his demographic.

At this point in the pitch, I'm just gonna give you some topics for future episodes, snippets of dialogue you'll hear in the show:

EPISODE 4: FLY ME TO THE MOON... FOR FREE
Brendan: "How'd you afford a military chopper?"
Coach: "That I got for free."
Brendan: "How'd you do that?"
Coach: "I pulled some strings."

EPISODE 5 – THE SERMON
Coach: "Be the wizard, Stephen, be the wizard."

EPISODE 8 - YOU WON'T FIND IT (this will be our Emmy submission)
Coach: "If you do a Google search you won't find it; it's only passed down verbally."

Okay, now if you tell me you do not appreciate the brilliance of that line and the man who uttered it, I challenge you and say you are a LIAR. Furthermore, I'll give 20-1 odds that tonight, (Friday) you'll be home alone with microwave popcorn and some ridiculous Jim Carrey movie.

What a brilliant line. Maybe the single most brilliant line this season. That one sentence can literally get you out of any jam. "If you Google it, you won't find it, it's only (fill in the blank) verbally."

Coach is a genius.

The writing that comes out of Coach's mouth is so good that I am honestly intimidated. If Hollywood could write at this level consistently, there would be no need for anyone to ever strike because everybody would be working!

Brendan: We're throwing underhand breaking tiles and none of us have ever done us before.
Coach: "I have."

I throw my hands up. I cannot keep up. You get the idea. And yes, in case you're wondering, my lawyer has assured me that this blog constitutes ownership of the idea, the name of the show, and of Coach himself.

Okay, okay a few other things:

From what I can tell from my position as host, being on Exile Island with somebody is bad enough, being out there alone is miserable. An hour feels like a month. A bit of rain can get you so cold you truly believe you will freeze to death, never to awake again.

Stephen was completely out of his element and over his head on Exile and to his credit, he hung in there and he did it. He made fire. Making fire is never as easy as you think it is. I'm impressed.

Tyson — the dude is dangerous. A major physical threat. Also one of the best spontaneous lines of the night:

Tyson: (Regarding voting out Sierra) "It probably won't win me her vote...(long pause) but it might win me everybody else's vote!" I love Tyson. He cracks me up. I definitely think that Tyson should show up as a nemesis in the third episode of my new show, but he and Dragon Slayer eventually become friends. But what Coach doesn't know is that Tyson one day plans to slay him and steal the Dragon Slayer crown.

J.T.: I'd come back with a damn 30-30 Winchester." Okay, look, I will admit that I am not a big gun enthusiast so it probably won't surprise anyone that J.T.'s comment about how he'd handle those damn Amazonian people who captured Coach, made me more than a bit uncomfortable. I'm telling you, J.T. would make a great small town Sheriff.

Okay, let's get to Tribal Council and the star of my new show, The Dragon Slayer.

Coach: "Brendan's the dragon. I'm the Dragon Slayer."

Brendan: "He's kinda like a snake — don't bother him and he won't bother you."

Ah Brendan, such a good strategy. Unfortunately you bothered him and he bit you.

In one of the biggest surprises of the season, Coach defeats Brendan. The Dragon Slayer slays the Dragon.

Poor Brendan. Sitting on that idol... he never saw it coming. Blindside #4. That one hurt. Hated to see Brendan go as he seems like a guy you'd have a beer with.

But as much as I like Brendan, I'll admit, if given the choice of keeping the dragon or the Dragon Slayer – you know my vote. Long live the Dragon Slayer!!!

Please keep the Dragon Slayer all the way to the end. Please let him plead his case to the jury.

Two last things:
1. Coach can never write his own dialogue in my new show, The Dragon Slayer, and here's an example of why:

Coach: "Who really was the chosen one? It's gonna be Coach Wade."

Wait...What? Coach Wade? Coach Wade? What happened to my Dragon Slayer? Coach fell out of character. For one moment he remembered who he really was, "Coach Wade" and it totally blew the whole image thing.

"Coach Wade" does NOT work. It doesn't ring and it doesn't conjure up cool images of things being "slayed" either. It actually makes me imagine an over-weight, former athlete turned insurance salesman living in Tulsa. Nothing sexy about that. Nothing. Sorry, but I've been to Tulsa.

That line should read:

"Who really was the chosen one? The Dragon Slayer."

And the last thing...and the best part of my new TV show, The Dragon Slayer, Coach has an Achilles heel, he'll cut his nose off to spite his face. Coach, you may have defeated Brendan, but in my opinion you and the former Timbira tribe made a terrible decision tonight. Voting out Brendan made no sense at all. You should have taken out J.T.

Okay, it's late. I'm done.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04/jeff-probst-b-2.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 09:11:02 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2009, 10:38:07 AM »
O
M
G

Okay, we all knew it already but Jeff is pretty awesome and having a lot of fun with his blogs. Fore shadowing? I hope so!! If JT is so loved why oh why do they want to keep him there? Not that I'm complaining.....

And the last thing...and the best part of my new TV show, The Dragon Slayer, Coach has an Achilles heel, he'll cut his nose off to spite his face. Coach, you may have defeated Brendan, but in my opinion you and the former Timbira tribe made a terrible decision tonight. Voting out Brendan made no sense at all. You should have taken out J.T.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2009, 09:47:12 AM »
Jeff almost, ALMOST, makes me like Coach The Dragon Slayer!  :funny:

Heh heh heh..
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2009, 09:02:14 AM »
Jeff's blog:

Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (episode 10)

Hey all,

How good was that episode?!  On a scale of 1-10, I'd love your feedback.  I honestly think it's one of the best Survivor episodes ever, for the following reasons:

1. LOVED IT:  The opening shot of Coach standing in the water doing his various poses  — not because it's Coach but because if you really go back and look at the shot it's absolutely amazing.  Our helicopter team is so good.  That shot is really beautiful as it spins around him and then pulls away.  It's movie good.  Bet you didn't even notice it – it was that good.  Go back and check.

2. HATED IT:  Okay, I've had just about enough of Sierra having to plead for her life with everybody else.  Coach, Tyson, Debbie – everybody lecturing her.  The ''older folk'' are working the young girl over and now Sierra is my new favorite underdog.

Sierra, tell them to shut it.  It's easy to do.  Just say, ''Shut it.''

Even Serena is really pissed.  She is mad that Sierra has never been given a fair shot.  From day one, when she was sick and ousted from the tribe, she has been working hard to earn their approval.  Serena is angry.  Very angry.  I like it when Serena gets angry.

BTW: Tyson, you're wrong – her boyfriend IS pretty cool.  Mess with him, you mess with me and you don't want to mess with me.  Okay, check that, maybe you do want to mess with me, so I'm just asking, please don't mess with me.

3. TENDER MOMENT:  Coach has a heart.  He extends an olive branch to the young female Dragon Slayer in the making, Sierra.  She needs a better Dragon Slayer name though – how about Sierra-Mota.  Has a certain ring, I think.

And Sierra with a beautiful line: ''How do you save the kind enemy?''   I know for many of you this just passes by without appreciation, but as a veteran of this reality world, I'm telling you this kind of writing is rare air.

Serena says, ''It's like we're in the Twilight zone.  None of this makes any sense.''

4. WEATHER ORGASM:  Oh, you know I love the rain.  Love it.  Love it.  Love it.  If there is such thing as a ''reality show host program orgasm'' this is it for me.  Go ahead, make all the pithy comments you want.  I encourage them all because I own it — I love the rain.

But to have rain...mixed along with hot pizza and a huge dilemma for the contestants... you have a Survivor episode worthy of an Emmy.  And an orgasm worthy of it's own blog.

Are you reading this Emmy voters?  I challenge you to watch this episode and then tell me this show is not worthy of an Emmy nomination.  I'm not positioning, I'm merely preaching the gospel.  Where's the love?  Let us back in the game for crying out loud.

5. POSER ALERT:  Coach, you're such a poser!  The ''dragon slayer'' who wants to change the game and play against the best, doesn't think twice about opting for pizza over immunity?  I expected better.

Coach's ''I'm hungry'' move just about did Serena in for the night.  ''These three guys (Coach, Stephen, JT) think they are king of the world and it pisses me off.''

Okay I'm not that mad, that's what happens in this game.  It's what is supposed to happen in the game.  That's how it's designed.  You think you're in control so you take a chance.  Stephen and JT clearly feel they are very safe in this game.  That kind of cockiness is fun to watch but it can backfire quickly, so heads up country mouse and city slicker – watch your backs.

6. WRITE THIS DOWN:  ''It would be (bleeping) stupid if we made an alliance, gave it a name, bandied the name about, talked about ourselves being warriors and then chickened out at the last second.''  Oh man, that made me laugh so hard I had to play it back again and again so I could get it exactly right when I added it to the blog.  Coach you may be a poser, but are a classic, dude.

7. CAN YOU SAY BLINDSIDE?:  Tyson, I am going to miss you so much.  Man, you were a blast.  People will miss you way more than they realize.  But dude, what a great blindside, eh?  I mean they kicked your ass.  Zero idea.  Great hair at tribal council, by the way.

FINAL WORDS:  I know this season has been a slow burn...but I hope you're starting to enjoy it as much as I hoped you would.  Like I said, tonight was hands down my favorite episode of the season and one of my favorites of all time.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04/jeff-probst-b-3.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2009, 12:33:50 AM »
Who's Serena? ???

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2009, 12:36:34 AM »
Its one of the producers I believe...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2009, 12:37:56 AM »
And ummmm...does Jeff make it sound like he is dating Sierra now?? Or did I read that funny?? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2009, 12:41:55 AM »
Yeah I suspect she might be dating one of the survivor crew members.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2009, 12:36:04 PM »
And ummmm...does Jeff make it sound like he is dating Sierra now?? Or did I read that funny?? :lol:
I doubt that they would start dating!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2009, 05:08:22 AM »
For the first time, his blog post was not dedicated to Coach. :funny:

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2009, 06:07:04 AM »
Okay, according to Jeff's blog, there should be 5 blindsides. What I know of:

Carolina
Candace
Brendan
Tyson

Is Sandy the other blindsided person? idk.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2009, 10:42:53 AM »
Maybe Sydney or Spencer is the other blindsided person.

Belle Book

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2009, 01:46:10 PM »
i hope there is one left and it is for coach. i did love that opening shot  we hve hd and i love to watch tis show just for that reason alone, but the shot is totaly runied buy couches dumb a$$ in the shot.jmo
the other thing is that actuly i think jeff is making fun of couch in some of the things he says about him, i mean the guys is totaly off his rocker and belongs in a luniey been or out in the wild, rember jeff saying how couchs tattoo's were new and the ink wasn't even dry on some of them. some how i think jmo after all thease seasons jeff is looking at this a comody hr..lol
 and about sera i like her all so as an under dog and as many times as they have had to blur out her private parts i am sure some one on the crew was wanting a date, again jmo...
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2009, 03:53:14 PM »
Maybe Sydney or Spencer is the other blindsided person.

Belle Book

Spencer didn't really seem blindsided to me...He kind've sensed it I think.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2009, 05:40:55 PM »
Well, in interviews, there were taglines about Sandy like:

"I thought they'd keep the strong rather than the beautiful" or something like that, so I think she's the other blindsided person.

That makes 5. Micronesia has 8 blindsides right? So at the least 4 more to go.

There are 5 Jurors to go if there is a final 2, to make it a sure record-breaking blindside, 4 out of those 5 have to be blindsides. But I think all of them will be blindsides so expect the unexpected now I guess.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2009, 06:36:26 PM »
 :camping: please let it b couch!!!!! :groan:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2009, 07:01:30 PM »
:camping: please let it b couch!!!!! :groan:
I agree Tory!  He is the only one I want out now!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2009, 01:13:30 AM »
I would love for Coach, Debbie, JT and Stephen to all get blindsided, leaving Taj and Erinn as our F2. :funny: :yess: :hearts:

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2009, 03:39:43 AM »
I would love for Coach, Debbie, JT and Stephen to all get blindsided, leaving Taj and Erinn as our F2. :funny: :yess: :hearts:

Me too!  :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2009, 04:32:59 AM »
'Survivor: Tocantins ' Recap: Sierra Fights Back...Finally!

By Dalton Ross Dalton Ross
 Dalton Ross is an Assistant Managing Editor at EW and would feel a whole lot better if you would stop looking at his picture.A lot of you thought I was too harsh on Sierra last week, but I stick by what I wrote. Yes, other tribe members were being mean to her, and yes, it was great to see big bully Tyson voted off instead, but she did nothing — NOTHING! — strategically or socially to make anyone want to keep her in the game. Hell, even the people that saved her didn’t bother telling her or including her in their plans. Southern gentleman J.T. even called her a "bitch." I get that it’s natural to root for the underdog, but all she did was whine and pout. I demand action and intelligence from my Survivor contestants, not woe-is-me sob stories.
I say all this, because finally Sierra did something worthwhile in this last episode (and no, I don't mean being voted off). I'm not sure whether it was for strategic purposes or just because she was being vindictive, but the woman became aggressive. She got in Coach's face. She made Debbie cry. She outed them both as liars, liars, pants on fire. It didn't save her, but at least it showed she had a spine. And it sure was a lot more entertaining than her one-person pity party.

But, as always, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's take it from the top. After last week's blindside of Tyson, we were all hotly anticipating how Coach was going to react. The answer: Total submissiveness. He and Debbie were falling all over themselves complimenting J.T. and Stephen on the move, even thanking them for not telling them beforehand. Thanking them!!! "Bold and brilliant, tonight," said Coach. "Absolutely no hard feelings." No hard feelings? What happened to "I will be a ravenous wolf for anybody who wants to go head to head with me and I will cut them off at the knees with no remorse and no regret"? What could have possibly transpired in the mere one-hour or so it took to get back to camp? Did the wolf stop for a snack along the way and become significantly less ravenous? Wow, way to back up those words, Coach. You're such a freakin' warrior!

While J.T. and Stephen assured/lied to Debbie and Coach that they still wanted to go to the final 4 with them, Debbie was starting to wonder if they should try to get the old Timbira together. Ah, old Timbira. Never have I seen a tribe up in numbers at the merge self-destruct so quickly. Absolutely amazing. You know what was not that amazing, however? The reward challenge. This is what the Survivor producers like to refer to as a "F--- you" challenge. Basically, they ask a lot of questions in the hopes of upsetting cast members who find out their tribemates don't like them as much as they thought, and then make them eliminate each other in the hopes that it will reveal to someone that they are much further down in the pecking order than they anticipated. Unfortunately, neither thing happened. It was hard for Coach to get too upset with being named as the person who hasn't lived up to their potential, when even he chose himself. And Debbie couldn't get too riled up about being picked as the person who would never survive on her own when she already thought that about herself as well. So, a bit anticlimactic, that one.

The one interesting thing was when J.T. was named as the person others would trust with their life. "I don’t know why everyone trusts me so much," he said. "In this game, I'm not that trustworthy, and it seems like people would catch on to that. It may be the accent." The thing is, he's probably right. I think it is the accent. The whole charming hillbilly thing has definitely worked to his advantage. Stephen ended up winning the hum-drum affair, and then he did something incredibly stupid. After sending Erinn off to Exile (non) Island, he picked Taj and J.T. to accompany him on the natural spring reward. It kills me when people pick their best buddies to go with them on these things, thereby leaving others to potentially bond and conspire against them. Why would you leave Sierra, Coach, and Debbie back together at camp? It's just not smart. For one thing, it sends Coach and Debbie a clear message that Taj is in your alliance before they are. For another, it lets them work the floater Sierra and try to bring her back to their side.

Which is exactly what they did try to do — only very awkwardly. "I thought you said you were gonna be loyal," Coach asked Sierra. "And then you wrote my name down at Tribal Council, " she responded. The only thing that would have made that any more delicious is if she had added on an "aduh" at the end for emphasis. I found it interesting how Coach could sit there and berate Sierra for having no loyalty whatsoever, yet at the same time not only refuse to take J.T. to task for blindsiding him, but even go so far as to compliment him for doing it. Thank you, sir, may I have another! (It must be some sort of "warrior code" thing.) Then it was Debbie's turn to freak out upon being informed by Sierra Mist that Taj was in tight with J.T. and Stephen. "I'm done. I'm done," Debbie started yelling and then stormed off. Isn't this pretty much what Sierra did to Debbie in the previous episode — starting a conversation and then abruptly demanding its immediate conclusion once it didn't go as planned? People are awesome.

Hey, if you thought the reward challenge was boring, wait till you check out the immunity one! The first three contestants who could use a grappling hook to retrieve three bags moved on to the second round where they had to roll a ball through a maze, and no, it was not more exciting that I just made it sound. I hate to write this because I know a lot of the challenge department people and they're all super smart, creative guys, but this season has kinda been dudsville as far as challenges go. Part of the problem is that they haven't been able to do a whole lot in the water. If you look at the seasons that had some of the best challenges (Palau and Pearl Islands being two examples), they had a good mix of surf and turf, and yes, I realize those last three words sound vaguely like a combo dish you'd order at a Benihana. When you get stuck on land, your options become more limited. But just in general, a lot of competitions this cycle have seemed...well, uninspired. Very rarely have I seen a course or heard Probst explain the rules and said to myself "Cool!" Of course, I try to make it a point to not talk to myself, but you catch my drift. It's been a down season for challenges.

So anyway, Coach shocked us all by beating out J.T. for immunity and randomly yelling out "Dragon Slayer!" in the process, but the real drama was about to occur back at camp. Sierra was trying to convince Stephen and his man-crush J.T. that it was Coach who was lying when he told them that Sierra had tried to restart the Timbira alliance. According to Coach, his response had been, "I cannot do that to those guys. There is gonna be no Timbira alliance. I don't like it. It makes me sick to my stomach." Which is apt considering he makes 90 percent of America sick to their stomachs, but I digress. Sierra could have stopped there, but then she did what anyone who is about to get voted out should do — she stirred the pot. "I have no problem confronting him to show you that he was lying," she said to J.T. and then sure enough, away she went.

The best part about this was that you knew Coach would never capitulate and instead would just ramp up his rhetoric even more. "I have not lied in this game, nor will I," he exclaimed. (For her part, Debbie started sobbing, "I'm too old for this.") Coach, of course, always saves his inexplicable best for Tribal Council. "I'm not eliminating anybody because I'm afraid they're gonna beat me later on in the game," he insisted, although Brendan would be exhibit A in the case against that absurd statement. Sierra certainly found it absurd. Wait, a second...the exaggerated eye rolls, the audible exhales, the visible head nods — that's not Sierra. That's Survivor Vanuatu/Micronesia Tribal Council facial expression champion Eliza Orlins!!! No one else can go all the way around on a single eye roll. That's pure 100 percent Orlins right there! Or not. Now that I think about it, Sierra is too blonde, and not nearly chatty or high-strung enough to be Eliza. But I did wonder if Eliza felt threatened by this new contender for the indignant facial expression crown, so I — and this is not a joke — emailed her in Bosnia (yes, Bosnia) to see if she was confident she could take the young upstart in a one-on-one "face-off," if you will. "I would take Sierra down in an eye roll competition!" she replied. Okay, that's not exactly the most exciting quote in the world, but in Eliza's defense she said she was also super exhausted and perhaps a little bit drunk. Still, them's fighting words! It's on, Sierra! Eliza is calling you out!

But Sierra was just getting ready to call Coach out for his big lie. Would he admit it? Of course not. Don't be silly. "I honestly think that in Sierra's warped mind, that she thinks she is telling the truth," was his explanation. Where did he come up with this one? It was easy, considering that everything in Coach's warped mind he believes to be true. (Remember the mad posse of Peruvian dwarfs?) He then went on to compare himself to Stephen from the Bible getting stoned in the temple and pleading, "God forgive them, for they know not what they do." Speaking of the Almighty, I've always considered Coach to be sort of like God's concept album. It's as if the Lord woke up one day and said "I want to try something a little different and a little experimental with this one — something a little freakier than Tommy but not quite as flat-out insane as Chris Gaines." And thus Coach was born.

Taj was right on the money (something I'm guessing she has quite a bit of being married to Eddie George) when she described the big Sierra Vs. Coach and Debbie feud as a soap opera. But people on soap operas have to die. True, they may later come back to life or be reincarnated as a Satanic goat, but they do die. And it was Sierra's time to die (in the game, at least). We all kinda saw it coming, but there was still an intriguing twist with the vote with Erinn casting one for alliance-mate Stephen (complete with "Never again. Sorry" written underneath). What was that all about? My guesses. 1.) She was worried about a hidden immunity idol coming into play and the possibility of someone casting one vote against her thereby sending her home, so she voted against Stephen as protection against that. Or: 2.) She promised to never cast a vote against Sierra so was just throwing her vote elsewhere to not piss off a jury member. You all probably have better guesses than that. Or you went and watched the casting votes video at CBS.com which isn’t up yet as I write this.

Okay, a few notes before you hit the message boards. Will Jeff Probst now finally clear up any of the hints he's dropped about Sierra dating a Survivor producer? Go read his EW.com blog to find out. Due to some logistical snafus, there will be no Survivor Talk this week, but you can still see the latest exclusive deleted scene staring at you below. Check it out. Are you a fan of Lost, American Idol, Jim Parsons or going to Comic-Con for absolutely free? If so, you'll want to watch the latest episode of Must List Live!. No, seriously — you will. Okay, so are you standing in line to throw stones at Coach? Have J.T. and Stephen already won the game? And why do you think Erinn cast a vote for Stephen? Post your theories on the message boards now. See ya next week!

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20275760,00.html
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 04:40:17 AM by Joab »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2009, 04:41:54 AM »
What a long blog post.. and for the first time ever.. i enjoyed reading Jeff's blog because he was running down on Coach throughout. :hugs: :funny: :yess:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2009, 05:08:43 AM »
This blog post is laffos. :lol: It was a blast!
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2009, 08:50:12 AM »
Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (episode 11)

Let me begin by admitting that I blew it big time on my last blog. As much as I enjoyed everything I wrote...and I did…I completely overlooked one of the greatest blindsides in the history of Survivor.

Tyson's blindside was brilliant, and I can tell from the word on the street that you guys loved it! So I had to start tonight's blog by giving credit where due – that was a fantastic blindside and I think even Tyson appreciated the execution of it, so to speak.

Okay, onto tonight's episode – J.T. is a great player. The moment they got back to camp, he immediately went to Coach and explained why he didn't tell him which way the vote was going. No matter what else Coach may think, he will forever appreciate J.T.'s ''honesty'' and if J.T. is in the final and Coach is not, J.T. probably gets Coach's vote. That's how important the social politics are in this game. You have to manage every single person every single moment of every single day.

Debbie, Debbie, Debbie... she is a sly one. I wonder if anybody is buying it? I wouldn't let Debbie last much longer if I had my way because she is too likable, completely untrustworthy, and if she gets to the end she'd have a great shot at winning.

How in the heck did Timbira let themselves get into the situation you ask? It's why this game is so damn good. No matter how strong your alliance is, there is ALWAYS somebody on the bottom of that alliance and that person is ALWAYS looking to move up.

Erinn knew she was low person on the Timbira totem pole. She was vulnerable. Jalapao sensed it and took advantage. It doesn't matter if you watch every episode of every season and then get a chance to play Survivor yourself – you stand the same chance of making the same mistakes because this game is based on human nature.

Erinn didn't betray anybody, Erinn is playing the game. She made the best move for herself in this game and it kept her alive. That's why this game works season after season. There is no ''foolproof game plan'' that will keep you safe. Hindsight is always 20-20 but in the moment it is a very difficult game.

INSIGHT: Last night's reward challenge - where the tribe members try to guess who was voted ''biggest pain in the ass'' and other things like that - has run its course. I think we need to avoid this challenge for a while because I think what happened this year is that the Survivors had already discussed amongst themselves whose name they were going to write down if this challenge came up. I can't prove it, but that's my guess. I don't think we'll be seeing this one again for a while.

INSIGHT: Erinn had a miserable night on Exile Island. Brutal. In 18 seasons of Survivor, I'd venture that was probably one of the worst nights that anybody has endured. It didn't come across nearly as bad as it was. She definitely earned her Survivor stripes.

Okay, I'll admit it. I had no idea Taj would be this well liked, even by me! When she picked up that little girl at the reward, it reminded me of how special moms are to us all. How important they are to the world and that I need to get on it and order some flowers for Mother's Day!

Taj is also smarter than I realized. She has mastered the art of staying out of the way. The big risk Taj is flirting with is letting Stephen and J.T. get so tight that they're inseparable. What she has going for her is that sooner or later one of those guys is gonna want to take the other out and that could put Taj in a great spot.

(Deep breathe.) Debbie and Coach were so annoying tonight. I am so done with them lecturing Sierra. I kind of expect it from Coach and almost laugh when he does it, but Debbie was irritating. Here's my take: I imagine that Sierra was definitely a pain in the ass and annoyed people but damn, enough is enough. ''Can't we all just get along?''

HYPOCRITE: Coach. Coach. Coach. Dragon Slayer, you know I love you, but dude, you are one major hypocrite. Coach: ''Sierra is gonna do whatever she must to get as far as she can without any honor.'' Honor? Oh for crying out loud. It's a game and YOU are playing it as much as anyone! You lie as much as anyone else, Coach. You do see that, right? Please tell me you are smiling as you read this because you know that I know that you know that we all know that you know! Ya know? Please.

And Debbie, don't think I don't see you hiding there in the brush. Debbie: ''I'm too old for this.'' No, you're not too old. You're just frustrated that a 46-year-old woman got busted by an annoying 23-year-old. We all saw the episode. We all heard what we heard. You and Coach lied. Period. The funny part is all of you are nuts anyway because once again, it's a game! You're supposed to lie, that's part of the fun! ''Who can I trust?'' is the single great question of the game.

MINI ORGASM: More rain. Wasn't very hard but it did make me a little moist. The rain. The rain made me moist. Relax everybody. Please don't waste your time writing to tell me I'm a pervert. I just ignore those posts.

The Dragon Slayer won immunity. Oh man, he is so happy! I love it. Imagine how great a story this will become as it grows over the next 20 years.

Coach: ''And then, it was raining so hard that you literally could not see. Even Jeff said, 'It's raining so hard, I can't see.' But I dug deep and I used my ability to meditate while standing and that allowed me to see through the impenetrable rain. Something only Jedi masters can do.

''Then, I used my telepathic powers to guide the ball through a maze that was so difficult it had never been accomplished by anyone before. Even Jeff said so: 'This challenge is so difficult, no human being has ever accomplished it before!'

''When I finally won, Jeff tried to put the immunity necklace around my neck but due to me bench pressing 350 lb tree trunks earlier in the day my neck was too big for the necklace. That was another first. Even Jeff said as much, 'Wow, I've never seen a neck so big as a result of bench pressing 350 lb tree trunks that I can't get the necklace around. That's impressive.' ''

I'm so happy that I'm gonna be part of a Coach tall tale!

Finally...I will miss Sierra. I'm sure she earned most of the grief people gave her, but I still found her to be a bit of an underdog. That's just how I roll. She certainly made the show interesting. I'm not sure if she's a hero or a villain but she was definitely memorable. Goodnight, Sierra-Moto.

That's all I'm gonna say about this subject. Period. Paragraph. (Yes, that is a Coach-ism. I just couldn't resist.)

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/jeff-probst-blo.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2009, 01:24:45 AM »
Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (episode 12)

Jeff:  Debbie, how will tonight’s vote change this game?

Debbie:  It will change how this tribe behaves, and I do think it will be a surprise:

Well, you were right about that.  It was definitely a surprise...

...to Debbie.  That was about the only thing Debbie had right last night.

Wow.  Timbira, you guys blew it.  Brendan, Tyson, Sierra and now Debbie.  Incredible.  You guys absolutely blew it.   

Debbie:  “Now’s the time to make a move.  I’m playing the game big time.”  What?! Debbie, you were about...oh three weeks behind!  The game has been playing you and the rest of the Timbira group for weeks now.   

You knew it was bad when Debbie went so far as to approach J.T. and Stephen and say “I want to be with you guys.”   I guess Debbie just didn’t realize that she had nothing of value to offer J.T. and Stephen.  Nothing.  Debbie is right, you do have to make a big move to win the game, Debbie just made her big move way too late.

The decimation of the Timbira tribe is one of the reasons this game continues to work.  No matter how tight your alliance, there is ALWAYS somebody who is on the bottom of the totem pole and that person is dangerous because they are looking to move up by moving over to the other side.  When Erinn turned, so did the game.

At the merge, what odds would you have given that the Jalapao three would even be in the game let alone in a position to be in charge?  Granted there are still many things that can happen but Stephen, J.T. and Taj still in this game was something nobody would have predicted.

Crazy.  And the best part is that there is no strategy to prevent these things from happening. It’s impossible.  If I am the 5th person in a 5 person alliance and by joining 3 others I can become the 4th person, I’ve just moved up one full spot.  Of course, I’m gonna make that move.  I have nothing to lose and absolutely everything to gain.  The longer you’re in the game the better chance you have at winning.  Pretty basic.

PERSONAL SHARING:  The Survivor Auction:  Okay, let me preface this by giving my usual “if you don’t love love, then skip onto the next section.”  For those of you new to these blogs, you should know this about me – for all of my ranting and raving – most of that is just for fun.  I love love more than anything else in the world.  I am always fighting to do a loved one challenge because I think it is good television and I love the Survivors getting an infusion of the one thing that can inspire them after 30 some days in the middle of nowhere.

It was so fun to be a part of Taj’s reaction at the Auction.  We always wonder how things like the message from home will go - will we get the drama we hope for?  Will we get big reactions?  Will there be tears?  With Taj we got it all and then some!

INSIGHT:  After the auction was over, there was a bit of a celebration amongst the crew.  We had carefully laid out how to play the loved one portion of the auction.  The line “see you back at camp” was just subtle enough so as to not completely call attention to itself, but it was strong enough that the longer it lingered the more clear it became:  “See-you-back-at-camp. SEE-YOU-BACK-AT-CAMP!”  It shouldn’t even be something that the audience notices, but you guys like insight, so this is insight.  We work hard to make sure we get the details just right – and when it pays off it’s an incentive for us to continue working hard.  This one paid off.

Seeing Taj and her husband Eddie George on Exile Island was a great story.  Here’s a guy who makes his living getting beat up playing pro football and yet even he is impressed with his wife and everything she has gone through.  By the way, did anybody else notice how easily Eddie made fire?  Hmm.  Eddie George for season 19?

The other thing I liked about this episode is we had enough time to show you a bit of each Survivor’s relationship with their loved one.  It reminds you that they are real people with real lives.

Talk about insight:

J.T.’s sister letting J.T. know that everybody wishes he was back home with the cows.

Erinn’s dad seeing his “girly girl” daughter surviving out in the wild.

Eddie George admitting “something about the wild is a bit of a turn on.”

Come on, this is good stuff.  And then before you know it, the loved ones are gone and  it’s …

… back to the game.

Debbie, Debbie, Debbie.  Sitting around the campfire dictating to J.T., Stephen and Erinn how things need to go – man oh man.  I give her credit for trying to strike a deal with an imaginary idol that she doesn’t have promising to give it to J.T. and Stephen if she ever ends up with it.  No matter how much you like someone, there is NO WAY you can believe that promise.  It just doesn’t happen, not with one million dollars within reach.
NO CHANCE she holds true on that promise.  No chance.

INSIGHT:  The Immunity Challenge – let me be clear about something.  What Stephen did was jaw dropping amazing.  We rehearsed that challenge several times.  Our smartest guys practiced that challenge.  Nobody came close to memorizing the numbers in one pass.  Stephen was so far behind, much further than we even had time to show, that I wasn’t even paying attention to him.  I thought J.T. had it in the bag.  Stephen finally returns and like a mad scientist starts scribbling numbers down as fast as he can.  I was checking my cheat sheet, I couldn’t believe he had it right.  You can even see me double checking it again after he said he had it.  I had to make sure I wasn’t missing something.   Our crew was talking about that for a couple of days.  Very impressive.

FINAL WORDS:  I did something this blog and I hope you all appreciate it.  Can you guess what it is that I did?

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/jeff-probst-b-1.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2009, 01:28:42 AM »
To answer Jeff's question at the end of his blog...

He didn't rant and rave about Coach!  :yess:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2009, 01:49:10 AM »
To answer Jeff's question at the end of his blog...

He didn't rant and rave about Coach!  :yess:
:yess:  :jam:

And JP is on the ball getting his blogs out so early! thanks for posting Will!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2009, 02:39:04 AM »
Puddin, you have no idea how excited I was to post the blog.....nothing big on Coach was a shocker!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2009, 04:44:55 AM »
Puddin, you have no idea how excited I was to post the blog.....nothing big on Coach was a shocker!

LOL. NO COACH = GOOD BLOG ENTRY. :tup: :funny:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »
i love jeff's blog's, but what is the u no that we no ??? that was put in the couch section of his blog. i hope it means couch is gone next..
and that was pretty amasing what steven did , also did we get a hint that jt and steven r gona turn on each other and i am wondering if it is going to b a taj /jt or taj /steven f2??? he kind of hinted to it jmo.. i love to read between the lines. :camping:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2009, 01:24:05 PM »
Jeff does it again  :jam:  Such restraint in not mentioning coach even once, don't know how he managed it when he had so much material to work with.  Forget about him being blindsided as bad as Debbie (once again).  Forget about him saying "they call me the dragonslayer".  Jeff didn't mention that while everyone else was visiting with spouses, parents & siblings coach was visiting with his assistant coach . . . kinda sad . . .   Guess that just shows that Jeff has class  :kuss:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Jeff Probst's blog & news
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2009, 11:51:35 AM »

Keeping it real on Survivor: Host Jeff Probst loves going live for reunion show.

By Alex Strachan, Canwest News ServiceMay 11, 2009

The great thing about cliches, to hear Jeff Probst tell it, is that they're mostly true. Never let 'em see you sweat. Make it look easy. If you look as if you're having fun while hosting Survivor's live reunion show, chances are, people watching will have fun, too - both the contestants on the stage and the viewers watching at home.

As Survivor Tocantins: The Brazilian Highlands winds down to its May 17 season finale and live-reunion program, the Emmy-winning Probst is preparing the only way he knows: through total immersion.

Most weeks, Survivor is a study in how to manipulate the viewing audience. For each day spent on location, three days are spent in the editing suite, deciding each castaway's plot line for that episode. The process is highly secretive - outsiders, especially reporters, are barred - and nothing is left to chance. Every expression, every word, every note of music is calculated for effect.

The live reunion shows are different, though.

And, perhaps surprisingly, Probst purely loves the process of ``going live.''

``I love live television,'' Probst told Canwest News Service in a telephone interview, sounding upbeat and energetic. ``I love the experience; it reminds me of why I got into this business in the first place.''

Hosting Survivor's live reunion shows is about being in the moment, while keeping one eye on the clock. Probst announces the winner - good drama is all about the dramatic pause, he says - then segues to commercial during the post- reveal celebrations.

During the break, he checks to see how much time is left, then takes it from there.

``Every year, I tell the producers that this time I may not get to all 16 people, and they're fine with that,'' Probst said. ``It creates an out for me, and that takes the pressure off.

``But then I think to myself: This may be their last time on television. Their families, their friends, possibly everybody they grew up with, is watching, and they'll probably never get there again. I have an obligation to fit everyone in.''

Survivor's reunion programs are not like late-night talk shows, where celebrity guests come with pre-prepared talking points and the show bookers have often prepped the celebrities in advance.

``I'm talking to people who are not used to being on live TV,'' Probst explained. ``During the break, I'll pick out a couple of people and say, `Remember, I'm going to ask you this after the break.' And by the time we get back, they'll have completely forgotten about it. Or they'll decide it's not something they want to talk about on national television, after all. But that's part of what makes it real.''

Probst is determined to get everyone in, though, no matter what.

``I try to have at least one question for everybody who appeared in the show. It seems only right. There's a constant time crunch, though.''

Probst is also philosophical about co-hosting last September's Emmy Awards ceremony - unscripted - with American Idol's Ryan Seacrest, Deal or No Deal's Howie Mandel, Project Runway's Heidi Klum and Dancing with the Stars' Tom Bergeron.

As The Hollywood Reporter reported at the time, the ceremony had more than its share of snarky backbiting, on-camera confessionals and alliances dividing the room.

The hosts couldn't agree on a sketch beforehand - ``It's hard to get five people to agree on anything,'' Probst told The Hollywood Reporter at the time - so they went onstage with nothing prepared.

The resulting show was pilloried by the critics and drew the ire of Entourage winner Jeremy Piven, the evening's first Emmy recipient, who complained about the opening during his acceptance speech. Ironically, Probst himself won an Emmy later in the evening.

``It was an experience I won't soon forget,'' Probst said. ``I had the high of winning, and the low of hosting.''

As for his summer vacation plans - Survivor has filmed in some of the most alluring vacation spots in the world, including the Marquesas Islands in French Polynesia and the Pacific island paradises of Palau, Vanuatu and Fiji - Probst's answer may come as a surprise.

``I plan to pack some things in my car and just go,'' he said. ``I'm a road- trip guy. I don't go for any of these big adventure-travel-type trips. I get enough of that just through doing Survivor.''

Don't be surprised, then, if you see Probst this summer filling up at a gas station near you.

http://www.canada.com/story_print.html?id=1584906&sponsor=

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2009, 12:07:58 PM »
Traveling with the Stars: Jeff Probst

By Kelly Carter, special for USA TODAY
Jeff Probst, the host of Survivor since the show's inception in 2000, has traveled to every continent except Antarctica— "Not that I have anything against penguins," he quips — and dozens of countries. This season's finale from Tocantins, Brazil, airs May 17 on CBS. He shares his travel highlights and tips with USA TODAY.
Q: Where have you been recently that you liked or were surprised by?

A: Obviously I travel a lot internationally, but I recently took a road trip to Arizona to visit the Grand Canyon. I hadn't been there in years and I was reminded of how beautiful and massive it is in scope. Truly breathtaking. I sometimes forget that some of the greatest destinations are right here in my own backyard. They're also inexpensive enough to make them affordable even in these tougher economic times.

MORE CELEBRITY TRAVEL: Bridget Marquardt
ARCHIVE: Previous Traveling with the Stars columns
Q: What's your favorite vacation spot?

A: Survivor has taken me to some breathtaking spots around the world. I think the most beautiful is Palau in Micronesia. The water is so clear you can see 30-40 feet. It is home to some of the best scuba diving and snorkeling in the world. The most famous dive spot in Palau is called "Blue Corner" where the current is so strong that you must clip onto a rock and just hang out watching the entire sea world swim past. For something very different, try scuba diving ship wrecks and Japanese zero planes left over from WWII. Jellyfish Lake is one of the most amazing one-of-a-kind experiences ever. There is a section of fresh water where thousands of non-stinging jellyfish live. It's like swimming in a kaleidoscope. It's absolutely stunning and because they have lost their necessity to sting, there is no worry. Food tip: The Bem Ermii Hamburger stand is a fixture in Palau. Order a burger with the works.

Q: What's the best place you've ever visited?

A: Kenya, Africa, is probably the one place that spiritually moved me. We lived in tents in the middle of a game reserve while shooting Survivor, so I would wake up every morning to a different collection of wildlife. One morning it would be zebra, the next morning a pack of wildebeest. The sunsets in Africa are incredible and at night the stars seem so close you truly believe you can almost touch them. We were also able to spend time with some Maasai warriors from the Samburu tribe and learn about their culture and daily life. An African safari is an absolute "must do" for any semi-serious traveler. It's that good.

Q: What's the most surprising/unexpected place you're ever visited?

A: I was most surprised to discover that the Amazon rainforest is so fun! We all know that the Amazon provides more than 20% of the world's oxygen and is home to the anaconda. But you spend a few days there and you'll discover more mammals, lizards and bugs than you ever dreamed existed. We stayed at the Ariaú Amazon Towers (in Brazil), which sits atop 70-foot catwalks to allow for the incredible rising water levels that happen seasonally.

Q: Can you offer an insider tip for your favorite vacation spot?

A: If you find yourself in Guatemala, visit the city of Chichicastenango, where you will find one of the greatest flea markets in the world. The market is a maze of covered stalls with every kind of handicraft made in Guatemala. I spent an entire day working my way from one vendor to another. My favorite purchase: a pair of quilted pants that looked amazing in Guatemala and ridiculous when I got back home to Los Angeles.

http://usatoday.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&title=Traveling+with+the+Stars%3A+Jeff+Probst+-+USATODAY.com&expire=&urlID=35233210&fb=Y&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Ftravel%2Fcelebrity%2F2009-05-13-jeff-probst_N.htm&partnerID=1664

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2009, 01:30:57 AM »
Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (episode 13)

No sense in burying the lead. It finally happened. You all got your wish....

...Coach is gone.

You’ve been complaining about him for weeks on end. The universal energy you all put out there to get rid of him worked.

Now be honest... are you truly happy? Is life better now?

Or do you think you might miss him just a wee little bit? Be honest.

Listen up 'cause I’m gonna give you a dose of truth that will either having you nodding in agreement or vowing to never watch the show again: Coach was without question the most dynamic character this season. Nobody was even a close second.

Thinking Coach is a great character doesn’t mean I think he’s a great guy. It also doesn’t mean I think he’s a punk. My personal feelings about Coach are irrelevant; I’m only talking from a show point of view. He was, in the words of Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn, “money.” Absolute money.

Love him or hate him, Coach provided more memorable moments than anybody on the show in years. He is an absolute must if we ever do another all-stars and if you saw him on the street you wouldn’t be able to help yourself. You’d approach him so fast you’d lose your shoes.

Let’s review his farewell episode, shall we?

Just when you thought Coach couldn’t provide any more fantastic moments...Coach gets sent to Exile Island.

The exchange between Coach and Erinn was one of the best of the season. Upon watching the episode and seeing what Coach said in interview and to J.T. (which I am not privy to during the show) I actually do not think Coach was trying to upstage Erinn. I think Coach was worried about making fire and living on his own. I think he was worried that he might look bad and so decided to avoid doing anything at all and instead turn it into a positive “choice.”

Coach’s speech on Exile Island will go down as one of the most fantastic in the history of our show. Coach Wade talking about himself in the third person was so good I am speechless. I cannot express how much I enjoyed it. Absolutely brilliant.

ADVICE: Young actors in Hollywood, take the Coach Wade monologue and use it as your audition piece for any and every thing. Wanna get an agent? Lay that on them. Wanna book that commercial? Give them a yuppie version of Coach Wade. Wanna meet Spielberg? Get to work on Coach Wade and it just may happen. You can’t go wrong with Coach Wade.

You guys think I’m putting you on. I really do think you could do a show with Coach Wade. Word for word, moment for moment, Coach Wade is one of the most entertaining guys on television today.

I’m surprised CBS hasn’t already signed him to his own show. “Weekends With Coach Wade.” Or of course the more dramatic, “By day he’s a former soccer coach and part time conductor. On the weekends he is ‘The Dragon Slayer.” No need for writers or actors. It’s all about Coach and his life and it’s all there.

Yes, I am serious. I miss Coach.

The immunity challenge couldn’t have been much better. Talk about a classic Survivor challenge. Unreal. Love it. It was so good I am laughing as I am writing this – sheer joy. It started with Coach’s long walk in from Exile and the insincere hug from Stephen. Ah, this game can be so brutal.

The challenge itself was really good. I love challenges that are simple in concept but demanding in execution. That challenge was definitely demanding. Very hard on your feet. I tried it myself. It hurts. A lot. It was a very hot day as well.

But Coach’s dramatic fall from grace was one of the most memorable performances ever. If there are any award shows honoring reality stars, Coach has to be nominated and he is a shoo-in to win. Name anybody on any reality show this year that has been more compelling than Coach? Nobody, I tell you, nobody! Long Live Coach Wade!

And like any Emmy-worthy episode of Survivor, it ended with what else...a poem from Coach Wade. In case you missed it:

With friend and foe we march to the battle plain
Some to seek success others to seek fame
We play with honor for the love of this game
And with armor or without we will toil in vain
So that someday someone somewhere will remember our name.

Coach, I assure you, nobody will ever forget your name. You left your mark on Survivor. I hope it is not the last we see of you.

Okay, so where are we now? Our final four:

J.T. – If he gets to the final two he probably wins...unless he goes up against...

TAJ – This would be quite a show down. Two of the most well liked people in the game.

STEPHEN – Best bet is to go up against Erinn, who he could probably beat.

ERINN – A long shot due to her betrayal – hard for her to get votes from the former Timbira members on the jury. Might be smart to take her all the way to the end.

You know how this works...Sunday May 17, 8-10 p.m. our final 2 hour episode. 10-11pm the live reunion show. If you’re in the central time zone it’s one hour earlier across the board.

I hope you enjoy it. As always it’s been a pleasure chatting each week. Thanks for all your feedback, positive... and negative! I wouldn’t want it any other way!

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/jeff-probst-b-2.html

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2009, 12:25:37 PM »
And Erinn has no chance. Sigh.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2009, 03:43:18 PM »
Jeff might miss Coach -- but I don't!  Ding-dong, the Coach is dead!

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2009, 04:43:29 PM »
5 Questions With: Jeff Probst
For 18 seasons, 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst has presided over tribal council, serving as witness to alliances, betrayals and contestants trying to outwit, outplay and outlast each other.

As the latest edition of the reality series, 'Survivor: Tocantins,' comes to an end this week (Sun., 8PM ET on CBS), the Emmy winner gave us a sneak peek at the finale and some more insight into Benjamin "Coach" Wade, the show's most over-the-top competitor since Richard Hatch.

1. What can we expect from the finale?
There's a pretty decent betrayal in the finale. I think it will shock a lot of people, and then for others they'll say "Doesn't surprise me at all." I like the final four ... It's been a pretty remarkable journey for them because there were these two tribes, this Timbira tribe that had the numbers, and all they had to do was pick off the Jalapao people and they would be sitting really pretty. But 'Survivor' has this great element to it and that is there's only one winner, and so no matter how strong your alliance is, somebody's always on the bottom of that alliance ... The thing you can count on is somebody [realizing], "I don't like being on the bottom, so I'm going to the other side," and then you have your twists and you're back in the game

2. Some fans say you've become more pointed in your questioning at tribal council. What do you think?
I think as the game evolved, and the show evolved, it just became a natural part of the discourse for me to let my opinion out. And I always approach tribal council as though I am the audience -- what does the audience want to know right now? But I don't ever feel like I influence the game too much ... In 18 seasons, I've never had a Survivor say, "You're singling me out, and it's not fair." Because tribal council will last 45 minutes or an hour, and everybody gets asked a lot of questions. It's just that all that we use on the show are those five questions that make it appear as though I know everything.

3. Where does this season rank in 'Survivor' history?
Coming into this season, I thought it was going to crack our top five, possibly ... I think it's definitely a top 10 season, but it's hard to know until it's over and you have your winner. But I think everybody's going to be very satisfied with the way this season ends, and hands down we have had one of the biggest characters in the history of our 18 seasons in Coach.

4. Do you really think he could have his own reality show, like you wrote in your EW.com blog?
I really do. I'm not kidding. I think you could set up a situation in which you followed Coach around in his daily life and create scenarios for him to be a part of. Think of all the things you wonder about: Does Coach have a girlfriend? Does he actually go on dates and talk like the Dragon Slayer to his girlfriend? Who are his friends? Where is his family? Do they think he's crazy? And what does Coach's house looks like? I mean, I have endless questions about a guy like this [laughs].

5. But would you have been happy if Coach won?
Oh, I [would've been] through the roof if Coach won. If a guy like Coach -- as outrageous as he is, with all the stories he told -- could somehow make it to the end and then convince the jury that he was more worthy than the person he was sitting next to, that would probably be the greatest win since Richard Hatch. [In last night's episode] Coach has one of the greatest scenes ever, and I've watched it several times and I just marvel at it. In fact, Jenna Fischer from 'The Office' wrote me the other day and said, "Coach's speeches are Dwight. That's exactly something Dwight on 'The Office' would say." It's just so beautiful. I mean, nobody writes like that.

http://television.aol.com/insidetv/2009/05/15/5-questions-with-jeff-probst/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2009, 08:37:24 PM »
So...what has Jeff been smoking these days? :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2009, 11:10:35 PM »
There's a pretty decent betrayal in the finale. I think it will shock a lot of people, and then for others they'll say "Doesn't surprise me at all."

Well, the only possibilities i can see are -
1. Stepehen and JT getting rid of Taj before Erinn. (That's considered a betrayal isn't it.. they are supposed to be in an alliance altogether!)
2. Stephen wins the F3 immunity challenge and brings Taj rather than Stephen, knowing that he won't get Taj's vote if he vote her off and neither will he get TJ's vote too, and realized that his chances of winning is better against Taj and thus brings her to F2. (If #1 occurs, to make it more interesting, Stephen might bring Erinn to F2 too if Taj is voted off first!)

But I think everybody's going to be very satisfied with the way this season ends, and hands down we have had one of the biggest characters in the history of our 18 seasons in Coach.

The only people whom i can see win of the F4 and satisfied with how it ends is JT winning, or even Taj. Stephen and Erinn has ZERO chance i guess.

And then Jeff goes on and on about Coach again. Listen Jeff, nobody cares about Coach as much as you do. Do a popularity check and you might find that Coach popularity might even go to negative. Stop feeding us with Coach, he's gone and slayed.. tell us about the final four who slayed that dragon slayer, thanks.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2009, 11:11:07 PM »
So...what has Jeff been smoking these days? :lol3:

He's probably on pills. :res:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2009, 12:22:18 PM »
Jeff on Live with Regis & Kelly

Part 1

Part 2

credit to spsurvivorvideos

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2009, 02:49:25 PM »
Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (the Finale!)

Okay guys...

Well, I am sorry this is so late, but better late than never...right?

This one will be short and sweet and not all that clever -- just the facts ma'am. (Name that show....)

As far as the outcome of the show, I was not surprised. Having sat in on the final tribal council it seemed pretty clear at the time that JT would win. I didn't expect it would be a total sweep but I think Stephen did himself in when he admitted he wouldn't have taken JT to the end. Stephen would have been foolish to take JT if given the choice. JT knew that and it poured the "pretend shock and hurt" on thick trying to garner jury votes. It worked.

Final Tribal Councils are quite tricky because the jury is almost always very upset that they are not in the final and so they are looking to get the last word in edgewise. Stephen was a sitting duck next to JT.

No, I don't feel sorry for Stephen. He played a very good game, but JT deserved to win. In fact, I'd go further and say that JT is one of the best overall players ever to play Survivor. He has it all and he has to come back if there is ever another All-Star season.

How fun was it to see a winner embrace his family with such affection. JT certainly seems to come from a good family. I'm happy for him. I'll bet his work life back home undergoes a significant change. The world he's in is very competitive and now that he's "JT from Survivor" something tells me he is going to have a few more doors opened. I hope so, seems like a genuine guy.

The Live Reunion Show was much better than I anticipated. I actually prepared myself for a rather ho-hum live show. Fortunately from the moment we began, with tears from JT until the very end with me accepting a dare from Regis and Kelly to wear a mystery necklace (which is now up for auction) the entire show was very fun.

Coach, was of course one of the highlights with his surprise lie detector test results. In case you are wondering -- yes I was COMPLETELY caught off guard. I am going to have to do a better job in the future of making sure Survivors understand that if you have something you want to do on our "LIVE" Reunion show, you have to run it past me first. That could have been a disaster. Live shows are tightly timed and the censors are quick to pull the plug if they sense something going south. Fortunately Coach did a great job and he went out the same way he came in -- with major fanfare.

Do I believe the test? Sure. I have no reason not to believe it. I think it's fascinating that we immediately assume he is lying. That's why I suggested the lie detector test in the first place. I wasn't there for the test and no, I am not going to call the guy who administered the test to check up on it because ultimately it's irrelevant to me. Whether or not Coach is telling the truth was never all that important to me, I just found him to be a fascinating guy.

After meeting his "lady friend" I find him even more interesting. How the heck did Coach score an accomplished, beautiful and well-spoken woman? Who would have guessed that?! Good for you, Coach!

And let's be fair -- his "lady friend' had the line of the night when she said, "I slay the dragon slayer!"

I thought Sierra did herself proud and I was blown away that she was in the top 3 for the Sprint Player of the Season award.

Eddie George was a nice highlight as well. Judging by the way he started fire so easily, he would be great to have on the show, I wonder if he'd be up for it?

There is always a dilemma for me when it comes to the "back row." The "back row" refers to those folks who for whatever reason were voted off early in the show. This season it was Catalina, Candace, Sandy, Joe, Jerry, Spencer, Sydney. They typically don't have much to contribute simply because they weren't there long enough. I always have the desire and the intention to give them a "moment" but I always wonder if I am sacrificing something more entertaining in the process. Always a tough call for me. It may not always be the case, but to date I have always talked to every single Survivor at the live show. Not sure that's worth anything but just sharing.

Okay -- three last notes:

1. If you want to own a piece of Survivor and benefit my charity, The Serpentine Project, at the same time -- you can go to eBay where there is a Survivor auction that goes on for a few more days. Torches, urns, tribe flags, even the Regis and Kelly necklace is up for bid.

2. If you're in the market for a Jeff Probst Bobble Head -- yes, that's what I said, a Bobble Head, you're in luck. CBS has made one and they're for sale. Bear in mind, I don't make anything off of this, not one single penny. I just want to let you know it's out there. I'm sure there's a few of you that would like to get one simply so you can smash the head every time I say something you don't like.

3. Finally, Survivor: Samoa should be fun -- I like the group of people we have. But you guys are the ultimate judge, you decide if the season was good or not. I look forward to hearing from you again next season.

Have a good summer!

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/probst-finale.html

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2009, 04:58:02 PM »
Wow, Jeff, way to not remember Carolina's name.  :groan:
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2009, 06:04:26 PM »
I've always been a fan of Jeff's but this past season I absolutely adore him and won't whine if he gets the reality host Emmy again *even though I think Phil Keoghan deserves it as well*

I love Eddie George, Taj is one lucky lucky lady that's for sure .......... oolala what a mighty fine man!

"Catalina" LMAO bag! She was forgettable so who could blame Jeff? and remember he swore to us that she would not be voted out first so things to remember in the future...

I saw the bobblehead Jeff and I think i might just get me one .. too cute!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2009, 03:57:08 PM »
Survivor has been nominated for best reality series.