Author Topic: The Racers Speak Out!  (Read 257219 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The Racers Speak Out!
« on: February 12, 2009, 11:12:38 PM »
Welcome to Racers Corner! This is a new RFF feature where we hope to have ongoing commentary from our favorite racer alumni!

This thread is for any former racer who wants to chime in on the current race, episode, racers, route, tasks, whatever!

Have fun, and :bigwelcome to you all!!

All questions or comments for the racers should be placed in the Comments/Question for the racers thread HERE, and NOT in this thread. Comments not by racers will be deleted.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Team Guido

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Racers Speak Out!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:42:02 AM »
HEY! As soon as we have an opinion, we will voice it!
Bill & Joe, Season One and Allstars TAR
It’s never to early for a Chardonnay!

Offline Team Guido

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 11:26:01 PM »
Congrats to Luke and his mom!  What a team....there wasn't a dry eye in the Guido household!   More on the teams as soon as we brush up on the names.  Is it us or is there a lack of identity in these teams....other than the Gay dad and the white haired son.  They have some good lines.  Love the split screens and the new graphics...CBS has opened their pocket books....finally!   Okay, we will study up and get back here to make some sense....I guess it was too much wine during dinner!

See you back here soon.
Billy & Joe xo
It’s never to early for a Chardonnay!

Offline Dandrew

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 11:27:44 PM »
Team Dandrew here aka Most Entertaining Team In Race History

We saw plenty of good and bad from the 1st Episode.

Good:

The tasks were genius. First off we loved how you had to choose which flight to take based on what you thought was closer to Locarno and actually use some knowledge there. Also we liked the multiple use of trains and majestic scenery. The bungee was great and that cheese task was genius. You had to think they knew those wooden things would break.

Bad:
The new graphics and intro were not good at all. I appreciate them trying to make everything contemporary but the font and introduction just weren't as suspenseful. The teams themselves to us are really boring. We think the Asian brother/sister or the stunt guys will definitely win. The only mildly entertaining team are the Rednecks. We are sorry but thats pretty sad for Jennifer/Preston to be eliminated first when those so many other inferior teams in the game.  Embarassing actually.

Offline GreeneTeam

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 10:51:41 AM »
Kenny and I were jealous of the exhilarating tasks and wonderful locations for the opening of AR14!!!!  Of course, Ken would have done the Bungee Jump!  Switzerland....riding the trains.....much more fun than we had with the candy carts in Brazil!!!!  We laughed (almost as hard as Dan's Russian Marching........but not quite) at the cheese moving competition. ;)  Could not understand why some of the early teams did not turn the carrier upside down and place 2 cheese rounds against the upright end and ride it like a sleigh to the bottom.  Jennifer & Preston's interactions make Kenny and I look like "true lovebirds".  Very proud of Phil in signing the #1 place finish to Luke - heartwarming touch.  Congrats to Margie & Luke - great job!!!! Tammy & Victor look strong.....Tammy is much more aggressive than we thought she would be....Mark and Michael look like they might do well and we were proud of Brad & Victoria especially with Victoria doing the bungee jump....and the quiet sleeper team may just be Amanda & Kris.  Thailand is one of our favorite countries - we hope the eliminated teams see the beauty of the country & people. :)

Offline Darling Divorcees

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 10:52:08 PM »
Hey, hey! It's Christy from Kelly and Christy, Season 13. I just had the chance to watch episode 1 of Season 14, and I am impressed by the logistics this season! In my humble opinion, the tasks were FAR more difficult than ours were, and the locations were more exciting...not to be ungrateful, of course. :-) I'd like to comment primarily on the F/F teams, since that's what I relate to best. So...

Kisha and Jen - obviously strong physical competitors, but honestly, I'm surprised that they didn't do better. We all know it takes brains, braun and bravado to go far on Race, and I'd like to see more of the latter two out of these ladies.

Christie and Jodi - nice job on the rolling packs! I wouldn't have thought of that, but I'll bet their backs thanked them. Way to go, Jodi, on the jump. You're a rockstar for that - obviously scared of heights. I would have cried. Why, though, was Christie crying while standing there on two feet? I didn't quite get that. Sympathy tears, maybe? I think these two are smart girls who will do well in the Race. They seem like they have it in them to be a little sneaky, too, so I'll look forward to seeing that.

Jamie and Cara - seem like they have that attitude that Kel and I did during our Race. They're extremely confident, probably are used to getting what they want, but are going to find out (like we did) that Race is tougher than you're prepared for! I have to give a shoutout to the redheads. I really hope they do well - would love to see more of that attitude come out to make things fun.

It will be interesting to me to see who goes the farthest out of the F/F teams. All pretty girls, though! Way to go - looks like you wore waterproof mascara! :-)

I was REALLY proud of Maggie & Luke. How incredible that Maggie's ears took them both to the finish line first. To me, that's the power of family love. Nothing like it. In the same respect, I think Tammy & Victor are going to go far. They're smart, sneaky and seem physically fit...guess who they remind me of???? Another similar sibling team, who I've now come to love and respect. I'm going to love watching Mark &  Michael. They seem like they're up for anything, and they'll be fun to watch. Preston & Jennifer....well...I hope they enjoyed leg 1, and I hope they get along better when cameras aren't around. If not, move along. Life's too short and should be too fun.

Looking forward to the next episode!

RACE LOVE! XO - Christy

Offline TARhippie

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
  • Married Beekeeper
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 07:28:22 PM »
arthur here

now that the thread says 1st out has been philimnated, not the biggest looser, I can participate. Remember racers are real people, not just objects for your snarking.

My thoughts on TAR 14 > It was an excellent leg. I totally agree with Dandrew on this legs tasks, but can't go with him on the racers.  WRP has again brought together the usual suspects which makes an excellent cast.

There were transportation challenges with air, train, and taxi decisions, the bungy jump was a "WOW!! I want to to that", and the cheese wheels was so simple that anything could happen, and did. The three day, two nights leg brought in endurance, there were financial budgeting decisions, and a final foot race to the mat. Everything that makes TAR such a good show.

If you have the endurance and good fortune, anyone can win. A quote from on earlier racer "The first 3 legs are a dime toss" is true. Those on the first plane out have the time to make a mistake, stay in, and really grasp the race. It takes a while to get into the race mind set, and until then it is the luck of the taxi and connections.

I don't have much confidence in racing with a roller bag for Jodi and Christie but they do have the traveling experience and knowledge; Brad & Victoria's promo pic shows a backpack without (storable?) waist and chest straps - can't run without the straps - which may not be a problem as they seem quite fit; like Anita & I, the Coles my not see it for the race it is, but they have heart, know their limitations, (and are folks I'd ask over for dinner); the cheerleaders, Munoz brothers, Jih siblings, the Whites, are all used to making decisions on camera and under the spotlight which is good for racing, the Adams' have incredible desire and drive to go all the way, and the Hoffman sisters are still close enough to college athletics to run the marathon with good judgement. I was surprised that it was Preston and Jennifer joined who our exclusive 1st out club.

Who can really tell. As Bert would say "Ordinary people doing extraordinary things. Anyone can win."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 12:34:31 AM »
:bigwelcome to all our racers, Thank you so much for participating!!

Love y'all!! :ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 12:43:50 AM »
And please know that you alll can start new topics, this is your board, make yourselves at home.

We love ya all  :gj: :yourock:

Offline MomToni TAR 13

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 01:04:27 AM »
Hey all.  Well here's my thoughts on this season:

I LOVE the tasks and am totally jealous.  bungee jumping, parasailing/gliding WOW.
And on those particularly hungry days I'd have loved nothing better than some fresh bavarian creme pie in the face - YUMMMM.

I like the new split screen format so we get to see a bit more of the country and what could be more beautiful than Switzerland, Austria....

I'd only add that I love seeing those far away places that so few people get to visit.  it's one of the things I love most about the show - seeing the places I'd never even heard of.  So far this season has taken us to places that are a bit more common place, but I do like that there is more travel by train and teams driving themselves.  Some of my greatest travel adventrues have been while lost driving in a foreign country.

As for the teams, well of course my heart goes to Margie and Luke.   I think these two can do anything they want.  My only concern will be that it may take a bit longer when Margie has to sign to Luke during detours and roadblocks to explain things.  There's clearly lots of love between these two and they'll have their own communication, but will it slow things down in the long run.

I actually think the cast is going to be interesting. 

Mel & Mike:  I like seeing a mature parent with a mature child.   Their relationship has had a chance to mature as well so I think they will do well together, but will they be able to handle the physical aspect of the tasks?

Lakisha & Jennifer:  Athletic so should be up to handle the physical aspect, but they both seem to be used to being in charge and haven't spent the time together as adults to figure out how to make that work.  I think there will be some definite friction between these two.

Brad & Victoria:  Would love to see them go far.  Both look physically fit, but not sure if Victoria's hip issues are going to cause a problem as the race continues.

Mark & Michael:  I think these two are going to give everyone a run for their money.  No fear at doing anything, used to taking on whatever gets thrown at them and they seem to have no issue with who needs to be in charge.  Like Luke, they've probably battled their way through things throughout their life, but being older I think they won't care what it takes to get to the top.  I think they'll be in the race till the end.

Tammy & Victor:  Tammy's always been the little sister so if she gets upset and wants to be in charge it's not a new feeling - I'm sensing she'll deal with it.  I predict they are in the race to the end with Mark & Michael.

Christy & Jodi:  I want so much for them to do well, but I'm not holding out hope.  It appears their travel skills are limited to the US and foreign countries and new experiences are giving them trouble. 

Linda & Steve:  Just plain fun to watch.  I'll miss you.

Most importantly props to all the racers for being out there,  Everyone of you should be proud and welcome to the TAR family. 

Note to Anita & Arthur - Race Hug.  MIss you guys.

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
Episode 2 Thoughts
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 03:27:39 PM »
First thing’s first – love conquers all. I am so in love with the hearts of Steve and Linda, and was so inspired by their relationship. Poor Linda – directions obviously aren’t her strong suit, and the walk down the mountain was a hard, hard one for her. I was so proud of the two of them for working together, and not against one another, when they did reunite at the bottom of the mountain. Their relationship will take them far in life.

Tammy & Victor are a STRONG team, and if they keep up this momentum, they’ll win the race hands-down. They look like they have fun, and they’re a smart, savvy team. So similar to Nick and Starr!

The detours looked SO FUN this time. I would have LOVED to go paragliding, and would have had a blast throwing the Bavarian cream pies with Kelly. No doubt I would have stopped to lick my fingers a time or two. Mmmmm….cake! Could they take to-go boxes?? I would have  tried!

I was so nervous watching Mel waiting on the wind…I thought he’d never make it down. Patience is NOT my strong suit, but it’s obviously Mel’s and it definitely paid off when he and Mike ultimately came in second! They had me on my toes for a while, though.

I’m liking the looks of Jamie & Cara. These girls are going to be in it for a while. They’re tough competitors, and once they get a few lucky breaks (we all know there’s a lot of luck involved on Race), I do believe they’ll be in the front of the pack. They have the potential to go far!

Kisha and Jen…these girls are obviously strong, smart and both have strong personalities…I’d like to see them work WITH each other more often than they work AGAINST each other. Their clashing personalities may hinder them if they don’t figure out how to use one another’s strengths more. I hope they do! I’d love to see two sisters win it!

Amanda & Kris are such a cute couple, and I don’t see how you can’t love them. I had a great time watching them laughing at each other during the pie-throwing contest, and giggled when Amanda ate cake off of Kris. You go, girl. I’m glad to see where your head’s at. There is ALWAYS time to have fun on Race, and you might as well enjoy it while you can, because sadly enough – it’s over before you know it.

Maggie & Luke are still a REALLY strong team that I’m thoroughly enjoying watching on this season. I love the relationship these two have with each other, and I think it’s funny watching their dynamic evolve. Luke is obviously a strong person with strong opinions. He wants to be the leader, but still respects Mom’s guidance and ultimate decision-making, and I love it!

Christie & Jodi are fun girls who are hanging in there, despite for whatever reason falling to the back of the pack. I’ve been there before, though, and I see something in these two that I hope takes them far in the Race. They seem sincere, strong and smart, and it looks like they’re having fun along the way! I liked that Jodi made the point that they needed to quit being so literal. If they can figure that out, they’re going to go far.

Brad and Victoria are a strong team, but I can’t quite figure them out yet! They’re obviously in great physical shape and are a smart couple, but I’d like to see more of them!

Phil’s really working the brows this season….I wish I could learn that trick! It never does get old, does it? Love him.  :hearts:

Offline Jen Parker

• "Amazing Racer"
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 08:19:07 PM »
Hey All!
Jen and Nate here AR 12!
First and foremost.... hive five to all the F/F teams, you guys rock keep up the good work.
Secondly Tami and Victor be careful to not be too much of perfectionists, I can see Hendekea and Azaria written all over you guys.
We were sad to see Amanda and Chris go, when they stopped the wood stacking challenge i got a bad feeling. they should of kept going.  and I dont know how The stuntmen, Amanda and Chris and Mike and his father were so calm trying to find the repair shop.  I think they should of all been running and moving alot faster.  but then again they could have and it could have been WRP's lovely editing displaying otherwise.
 I want Kiesha and Jen to be happier, I look back on how stressed Nate and I were and I COMPLETELY know what is going through their nerves.  wish we could all have lightened up lookin back.

Amanda and Chris were so cute and I feel that were stopped short, I hope sequester ville brought them even closer or at least some drama went on there with them. hahahaha

Margie and Luke -Blind U-turn remember that Karma is a bitch in the Amazing race
Although we still really like you guys too, good job.  I like all the teams this year, it really was too hard to watch last season.  it brought back lots of intense emotions and I would start shaking or crying when we tried to watch.

As for the leotards and next weeks run in the snow in your waterpanties.  we think They are just trying to boost the ratings.  The first thing i though of when they put on that white leotard was, what if someone didnt shave?

I was so jealous of the gymnastics task.  I was a gymnast for 12 years and was wishing I was there.
GReat season so far, nate and I ready for so DRAMA though. lets get it started!!!!!!!!!!
til next week
peace and love to all the racers

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 06:50:04 PM »
 :waves:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 09:05:25 PM »
Tammy!! :hearts:

We have missed you around here!!

Want to tell us what you think about teams having to run around Siberia in their skivvies? Gratuitous? or not?

We'd love to hear what you have to say about the tasks and locations this time around!

:talk
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 09:39:37 PM »
Sorry I haven't been posting much lately.  I got addicted to Facebook and lost my way.

I have to say I am really enjoying this season.  I even look forward to Elimination Station which has more drama than the race tat times.  Last season I lost interest because my favorite teams got out early and it seemed so predictable who would win.  I ended up taping most episodes which was a first for me.  Then this season came along and I am totally hooked again.  I would love to see Mel and Mike win.

Offline FrostieJ

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
  • Amazing Racer
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 12:32:50 PM »
 :wohoo:  Just running by to say "HEY"...  it's been a while....I too, (Like Tammy) have become addicted to Facebook.  I attended TARcon in NYC last night and had a wonderful time.  It was a great finale....great party....great people.  Nice to meetcha Peach.   I'll be poppin in more often.  Hugs :yess:
Somebody buy me a drink!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 01:30:28 PM »
Welcome back Joni!!  :jumpy:

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 10:34:35 PM »
Hello again! It’s Christy, ½ of those feisty divorcees from Season 13, back to talk about the incredible season finale of the Amazing Race, Season 14. I have a particularly interesting perspective this time, as I was fortunate enough to spend my time watching the episode with the cast of Season 14, some fellow racers from Season 13 and even a few from seasons past, like Nate and Jen and Tom and Terry, at a CBS sponsored party in NYC this past weekend.

First and foremost, I have to say that it was so surreal watching this last episode surrounded by the extended Race family. The bond that comes from sharing such an unbelievable experience is indescribable, and the sincere longing for each team to win the million is something I just can’t begin to explain.

This episode was rock-solid from the very beginning. As luck would have it, the flight situation caused all three remaining teams to blast off the very same plane neck and neck once they landed in Hawaii. The race to the wave runners and ensuing battle to find the “needle in the haystack” at the buoys was so stressful, but it looked so fun! As spectators, we were squealing with delight. The task involving the traditional, luau-style roasted pig was great; I loved watching each team struggle under the weight of the pig, working out the best way to take those steps to the roasting pits. Luke and Margie were the obvious front-runners in this task, and at this point I was positive they had what it took to win. Margie truly is the bionic woman, and I have to say that she is every bit as physically fit in person today as she appears to be during the Race; and Luke is such a phenomenal leader, despite his physical setback. I was in complete awe of their spectacular teamwork. They say only 10% of human communication is actually transmitted in the wording of expression, and this outstanding mother and son team proved that is true over and over. 

Leaving first from the luau task provided a sizeable lead for Luke and Margie over competitors Tammy and Victor, who were close behind; and Jamie and Cara, who did an awesome job at completing the task in a great finish time, despite being the weakest physical team involved in the final 3. You go, girls! I’ve been so proud of them throughout the whole race. As they reached the wall of surfboards, I had complete confidence that Luke would finish the task in light-speed, and was warmed to see the faith that mom Margie had in her baby boy. Luke did such a fabulous job on that task, but became frustrated when he kept hearing that he didn’t actually have the puzzle figured out. I felt just awful for him, knowing that, were I in the same position, I would have stressed out, cried and would have been tempted to give up. There is that human will to fight and win that keeps one pushing towards that glorious million dollars, though.

Victor, as we all know, is extremely intelligent and is always calm and composed, and his personality proved true to form in this final task as he expertly navigated through the surfboards and swiftly placed each piece in the correct location on the wall he crafted. Jamie and Cara arrived shortly thereafter, and I could not have been more proud of Jamie as she hoisted those heavy boards, maintained sanity using humor and wit, and kept right up with the boys, moving along quickly in solving the puzzle.

In the end, Victor finished the final task first, and Luke and Jamie decided to work together to determine what the missing pieces were. Jamie showed true character and grace when, after quickly realizing that her first surfboard was incorrect, she took the time to stay behind and help Luke figure out his remaining surfboards. In a somewhat predictable, yet no less emotional ending, Tammy and Victor were the first team to land on the mat, and were pronounced the winners of the Amazing Race, season 14. Jamie and Cara rocked it when they landed as team number two, and Luke and Margie’s precious ending was just about too much to bear when they were awarded the third place finish.

Watching the final three teams’ expressions as the show ended was the most emotional thing I’ve witnessed in quite some time. The passion to win the Amazing Race is an indescribable one, and although each team should hold their heads high with pride, having run a very amazing race and having finished in the top 3 of a group of highly competitive teams, they were all emotional and somewhat sad in their own ways. As the show ended, I turned with tear-filled eyes to see Kelly wiping big crocodile tears off of her cheeks. There’s just something about that Amazing Race that keeps you wanting more….the highs, the lows and the unspeakable, indescribable experience whether lived out personally or taken in through another Racer’s eyes, is truly what makes it the greatest reality competition on earth.

I’m ready for Season 15. All Stars, anyone? Send those feisty divorcees. I’ll bet they’d be game!

XO - Christy

Offline Andrew from DanDrew

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 02:52:51 AM »
Welcome to Racers Corner! This is a new RFF feature where we hope to have ongoing commentary from our favorite racer alumni!

This thread is for any former racer who wants to chime in on the current race, episode, racers, route, tasks, whatever!

All questions or comments for the racers should be placed in the Comments/Question for the racers thread HERE, and NOT in this thread. Comments not by racers will be deleted.

I was recently informed that Dan had been posting here. As someone who has been blogging about sports on a daily basis on the internet for the past few years, I figured I would give this a shot as well.

Yes, I am Andrew from "Andrew and Dan" on TAR 13. Dan's username is Dandrew and he has already posted a few times. About a year ago, the TAR 13 cast returned to our homes across the country after our journey and during the summer months, I was informed about RFF. My mom who heard about RFF from Dan's mom eventually showed me the chat, spoilers and gossip regarding our upcoming season. I was amazed at first when I visited this website. I had no idea how many people try to speculate The Amazing Race. When we arrived at the hotel in Portland after our 3rd place finish, I immediately called my parents after not being able to speak to them for nearly a month. My plan was to keep everything a secret from them and that included the locations of each leg. I wanted to give them dose by dose each week of my adventures when the show premiered. Unfortunately, my parents knew where we were traveling the whole time. When I first spoke to them in Portland and without explaining RFF to me, they told me how they tracked me down in Brazil, New Zealand, Cambodia, India, etc. I was so disappointed at first because I wanted everything to be ultimately a surprise! On the bright side, it apparently kept my mom less worrisome because she was able to see where Dan and I were.

I was told of RFF back in May 2008 and to be honest, it left a poor taste in my mouth. As I browsed through some of the threads, I came across a speculation thread that was mainly focused on the TAR 13 racers. As I kept scrolling through the thread, I noticed an abundant amount of posts about me. Like I said, it left this bitter, stale taste in my mouth and an uncomfortable feeling all together to see that I was being stalked. I never visited this website after that day.

After hearing about Dan's weekend in NYC for TAR 14, I decided to relive some old memories and take a gander at RFF to see if anyone was talking about this past weekend. It turns out there is an entire section of RFF dedicated to TAR alumni so I thought I would give it a shot. I'm a really chill guy and I don't mind some blogging in my spare time so if you have any questions for me, I'm all ears.

Love Dandrew or hate Dandrew, you know we could put a smile up on your face.

Andrew

Offline @KaylaniPaliotta

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • RTVzone
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 05:29:44 PM »
Tonight don't forget to tune into www.RTVzone.com we will be recapping last night episode. So far I have Katie Seamon season 17, Louie Stravato season 16, Eric Sanchez season 7 & 9, Ray Housteau.

If any of you other former racers would like to join any recap show on any Monday. contact me either via facebook www.facebook.com/KaylaniPaliotta or twitter @KaylaniPaliotta I love hearing other racers opinions and being able to be seen by Amazing Race fans.
Every Monday 6pm PST Amazing Race 20 recap w/some of your past favorite racers www.RTVzone.com

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 06:17:16 PM »
Thanks Kaylani!! It is always a fun time!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 12:57:55 PM »
Mallory on the show! <3
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 01:24:25 PM »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Andrew from DanDrew

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2019, 01:36:02 PM »

I was recently informed that Dan had been posting here. As someone who has been blogging about sports on a daily basis on the internet for the past few years, I figured I would give this a shot as well.

Yes, I am Andrew from "Andrew and Dan" on TAR 13. Dan's username is Dandrew and he has already posted a few times. About a year ago, the TAR 13 cast returned to our homes across the country after our journey and during the summer months, I was informed about RFF. My mom who heard about RFF from Dan's mom eventually showed me the chat, spoilers and gossip regarding our upcoming season. I was amazed at first when I visited this website. I had no idea how many people try to speculate The Amazing Race. When we arrived at the hotel in Portland after our 3rd place finish, I immediately called my parents after not being able to speak to them for nearly a month. My plan was to keep everything a secret from them and that included the locations of each leg. I wanted to give them dose by dose each week of my adventures when the show premiered. Unfortunately, my parents knew where we were traveling the whole time. When I first spoke to them in Portland and without explaining RFF to me, they told me how they tracked me down in Brazil, New Zealand, Cambodia, India, etc. I was so disappointed at first because I wanted everything to be ultimately a surprise! On the bright side, it apparently kept my mom less worrisome because she was able to see where Dan and I were.

I was told of RFF back in May 2008 and to be honest, it left a poor taste in my mouth. As I browsed through some of the threads, I came across a speculation thread that was mainly focused on the TAR 13 racers. As I kept scrolling through the thread, I noticed an abundant amount of posts about me. Like I said, it left this bitter, stale taste in my mouth and an uncomfortable feeling all together to see that I was being stalked. I never visited this website after that day.

After hearing about Dan's weekend in NYC for TAR 14, I decided to relive some old memories and take a gander at RFF to see if anyone was talking about this past weekend. It turns out there is an entire section of RFF dedicated to TAR alumni so I thought I would give it a shot. I'm a really chill guy and I don't mind some blogging in my spare time so if you have any questions for me, I'm all ears.

Love Dandrew or hate Dandrew, you know we could put a smile up on your face.

Andrew

Boy was I whiny back in 2009.

Hi everyone!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2019, 01:37:24 PM »
Hi, Andrew!