Author Topic: Comments and Questions for the Racers  (Read 232000 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Comments and Questions for the Racers
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2009, 02:49:34 PM »
They took in 12 inches?  :ascared :ascared

Sorry cheap joke.
Just here to visit.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2009, 03:20:15 PM »
yup...a foot long :ascared
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2009, 03:28:35 PM »
Thank you Bill for sharing all those memories!!

I never thought that you guys were "villains" though, you were just the race's first strategic players!! But why would you think that it was y'alls fault that Momily went out? It was their decision to not keep looking for the car, in no way were you all responsible that I could see. Just a sad time for both of you because I know you were friends. :ghug:

I still laugh about the plane though! :funny: And didn't the language get a little  (:;) (:;) ??  :lol: :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Team Guido

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2009, 05:18:20 PM »
The full explanation of the Tunis airport thing.  Is that also the story you told Karyn?  Because whatever you seemed to be telling her, the editing certainly seemed to make it look like you were lying.

That said, what did you think of the first three teams gone?  Did you like Matt & Ana, Kim & Leslie, and Pat & Brenda?

I will have to look at the DVD to see what was said to Karyn,  I know I wasn't telling the whole truth because Karyn asked a direct question about us delaying the teams, but about pushing Nancy & Emily, that never happened by our will to be mean...Nancy and Emily were pushed into us by someone behind them....remembering, we were the first in this security line, it is hard to shove someone forward past you, when those people are behind you to begin with, isn't it?  It is possible Nancy was bumped by Joe's back pack.  It got very nasty for a few minutes between Drew & Kevin screaming for us to get out of the way, then production stepped in and stopped the chaos, we were allowed to pass in an orderly manner as we had tried to do before Kevin and Drew arrived. 

Matt and Ana were very nice people, we were only allowed a few minutes to say hello to them before they were off to sequester.  Because we were always at the front of the pack we did not see much of them except at Songwe Village after they were eliminated.  They were crushed to be the first to go, really nice people.   Kim and Leslie we saw more after the race was over.  We had a blast with them in Las Vegas before the first episode was aired.  Pat and Brenda we called Thelma and Louise, this was a good team, and had they not made the error in NY would have given some very good TV!  Pat and Brenda are very sweet, and competitive!
It’s never to early for a Chardonnay!

Offline Team Guido

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2009, 05:28:44 PM »
hen you were in Krakow, during the intersection where you ate a 25-inch sausage! That was one of my favorite tasks in all-stars!   Was it really hard to eat, because we saw Dustin puked after she finished her sausage... What are the things happened there that were not shown??

That sausage was very tasty....but very long! It had to be at least two feet long.   It was not 6 inches as someone earlier said.  We all had to eat the two feet individually.  Joe was the first contestant finished, we had to wait while Eric played the game and farted around pretending to barf.  I probably would have done the same if I knew the team I was paired with would be eliminated.  They showed the most important parts of the task, it was miserable because on the bus trip to Krakow they had given us sack lunches to make sure we were all very full!  We should have known better!
There was much more throwing up than was shown, everyone eventually did throw up, except for Joe.
It’s never to early for a Chardonnay!

Offline Zatchbellcool

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2009, 11:10:35 PM »
I have a question for the Guidos!

First of all before the question, I love you guys!! you are most likely my favorite team out of all 14 seasons!

ok the question.

(I'm not sure if this was already asked in this forum, or an interview on TV...I dont keep track :-[)

BUT! ok, seeing how you guys were on season one, the baby of all seasons, everything was so undeveloped. but, how did you feel when you got to be on season 11 when you got to experience the imporved all extra deveolped race course.
Like, the clue box being an indivudal box made for the show. Not a wooden box. and the mat being a picture of the world and not a yellow plastix slippery square that you fell on in France :P?

lol I'm sorry if my question dosent make grammical sence or even sounds logical but I think you should be able to get what I'm talking about. :P

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2009, 11:15:25 PM »
:welcome: to RFF Zatchbellcool!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2009, 01:45:22 PM »
Nice to see Tammy Gaghan! How's Carissa???
Just here to visit.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2009, 02:27:15 PM »
It's unfair how everyone asks about Carissa, but not, say, Bill and Billy.  How are they, Tammy?
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2009, 07:11:34 PM »
Everyone is doing great thanks for asking.  Bill still travels a lot overseas for work and is in India right now.  The kids are getting big. It is so funny to look back on how small they were during the race.  Billy has changed the most and is as tall as Bill now and Carissa is only about a 1/2 inch shorter than me. I will try and post a recent picture of both of them. 

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2009, 02:50:14 AM »
Everyone is doing great thanks for asking.  Bill still travels a lot overseas for work and is in India right now.  The kids are getting big. It is so funny to look back on how small they were during the race.  Billy has changed the most and is as tall as Bill now and Carissa is only about a 1/2 inch shorter than me. I will try and post a recent picture of both of them. 
so, do you think they'll be up for All-Stars three?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2009, 04:59:36 AM »
Wonderful.  And how's Kelley?
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2009, 07:19:46 AM »

:yess:
I wonder what they look like now!

Offline MomToni TAR 13

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2009, 09:57:19 PM »

Hi Mom Toni!  :waves:

It was shocking that both you and Dallas were eliminated on the penultimate leg because of the passports. First question, we saw Phil coming from somewhere and eliminating the both of you, did the production say how long and how far were you away from the rest of the teams? And how struggling was it to beg in Russia? And what was your first reaction when you knew that your passports and all the money you have saved and collected were gone? Wasn't the production allowed to lend you some, at least to finish the leg?:

I think I got lost for awhile - sorry to take so long to log back in! 

We heard we were about an hour behind the last team at that point.  The people of Russia were very helpful for the most part.  The hardest part was when we had to walk all the way back from the park because we hadn't taken a taxi.  We couldn't get enough money to take the taxi one way let alone back and forth so we walked for more than a couple hours.  The production teams are not allowed to help you in any way and it was up to us to figure out how to finish out the leg.   The poor camera and sound crew had to walk the whole way with us carrying all their equipment.  It was getting really cold out and we just kept apologizing the whole time for making them walk so much.

My first reaction was just "okay, how can we do this and get our way to the embassy to deal with the passport along the way".  I just wanted to get the leg done and I didn't really care about following the rules because I was worried about Dallas being out on the street and begging without a passport.  In reality production was watching out all along the way to keep us safe so we just decided to do whatever we had to.

It really was wonderful to have had the opportunity to see how wonderful the people on the street were.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2009, 10:12:36 PM »
Great to see you again, Toni! How's Dallas?
Just here to visit.

Offline MomToni TAR 13

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2009, 10:48:53 PM »
Dallas is doing well and very busy.  He's currently working on avoiding his mother - the race has required him to spend more time with me than before.  We'll be doing a talk at his college parent day in April so it may crimp his party! 

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2009, 10:51:41 PM »
Set that boy straight! :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2009, 06:01:05 AM »
Hi Mom Toni...

I'm so glad that you're back here again!  :yess: You said that Dallas is very busy with his work... how about with Starr? haha... I know they're dating now, so how's their relationship?? Just curious how’s it going now…

=======================================================================================

Hi Mom Tammy...

Uhm... I don't know if this was asked before, but what happened at the Roadblock in Puerto Rico or Panama?? (The coffee bean RB) You spent a lot of time there... And I think I saw Billy's picture in his facebook account... he's so tall right now... and Carissa, seems she's still a baby girl... hehe, but already a grown-up!  ;D Are they still watching The Amazing Race??

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2009, 08:45:42 AM »
I can answer about Dallas & Starr. They're not dating anymore.
Just here to visit.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2009, 10:13:19 AM »
edited by puddin .. stay on topic please!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:40:56 PM by puddin »
Jamison

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2009, 06:08:06 PM »
Hi Mom Tammy...

Uhm... I don't know if this was asked before, but what happened at the Roadblock in Puerto Rico or Panama?? (The coffee bean RB) You spent a lot of time there... And I think I saw Billy's picture in his facebook account... he's so tall right now... and Carissa, seems she's still a baby girl... hehe, but already a grown-up!   Are they still watching The Amazing Race??

Also, are you still watching the race Tammy, and is Bill too?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2009, 04:54:18 AM »
Dallas is doing well and very busy.  He's currently working on avoiding his mother - the race has required him to spend more time with me than before.  We'll be doing a talk at his college parent day in April so it may crimp his party! 

I wished they could have shown your mom hilarious side on TAR 13!!

Offline MomToni TAR 13

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2009, 11:22:53 PM »

I wished they could have shown your mom hilarious side on TAR 13!!

Glad you think I'm hilarious - Dallas considers me embarassing!  We actually didn't give them much to work with during the race - we got really focused while we were racing.  But boy were the pit stops and rest periods lots of fun!!!  Someday I'll tell you about the Moscow airport.  I do have to say I think we had more fun in our down times than it appears the teams this season may have had.  We thoroughly enjoyed spending time together with the other teams.  For me it was as much a part of the race experience as the actual race.  They should do a second reality show - "backstage on a reality show".

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2009, 01:55:21 AM »
Great to see you Mom Toni. Hope all is well with you!...Finally my local TV Channel that airs TAR is going to show TAR13. So I get to watch your race over again  :yess: And see you!  ;)

Mom Tammy. Lovely to see you here again! Great to hear about the Gaghan family!

Wonder were Tina is? and...

Team Guido I really need to watch TAR11 again because I cannot remember the question I wanted to ask you!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2009, 07:24:27 AM »
lol Mom Toni. :lol:

I am curious, what happened after the leg you got eliminated? I don't know if this was the one you wanted to tell us later, you don't have to answer this question if you were referring to this question.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html