Author Topic: Comments and Questions for the Racers  (Read 231996 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Comments and Questions for the Racers
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2009, 12:21:37 AM »
Toni you were so great on the race and a great mom! Sad you couldnt make the F3! It would have been so great!!

QUESTION:

Do you know what time did you depart from the 10th pitstart? We didnt get time for anyone as you know which was really strange!  :lol: Do you know?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 12:25:05 AM by Kiwi Jay »
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline MomToni TAR 13

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2009, 12:24:04 AM »
Okay, I've got one for everybody:

Did you think there was anybody in your season who got a really bad edit? Like they were completely different to what we saw on TV?

First remember they can only show what you give them.  So if you saw it then the person said it or did it.  It might not be in the full context, but it really did happen.

Having said that - I think the Terrence and Sarah from our season that everyone saw aren't the people we know.  They are both incredible gracious, kind, humble, generous, warm people.  While we had heard other teams talking about  the two of them we had never seen any of the negative interation between them.  While I'm sure it makes for good TV I'd just go on the record as saying if you ever are blessed with the opportunity to meet either of them I promise you'd love them.

Offline MomToni TAR 13

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2009, 12:32:05 AM »
Toni you were so great on the race and a great mom! Sad you couldnt make the F3! It would have been so great!!

QUESTION:

Do you knoq what time did you depart from the 10th pitstart? We didnt get time for anyone as you know which was really strange!  :lol: Do you know?

I don't remember anything exact (and my handy dandy notebook of all those details was lost with our pack), but I think we were about 30 to 45 minutes ahead of Kenny and Tina.  The 4 of us had to hang out waiting for the submarine to open.  We knew we had a few hours on Nick and Starr so we actually went walking around looking for food and could only find one little store open and they wouldn't take american dollars.  Between our two teams we scrouged up enough rubles for 2 snickers bars and split them for breakfast.

I'll have to look back at the episode and see if we can see the time the gate opened to let us in.  I remember we sat outside for around 3 hours and the ride to get there took about 30 mins or so.  It was definitely just getting light out. 

(Wow, my poor old brain just can't remember things the way it used to).

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2009, 12:40:47 AM »
Lol! I just watched it was opened at 8:00 to 17:00. I couldnt help but watch the episode after hearing what you said!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2009, 12:44:36 AM »
They are both incredible gracious, kind, humble, generous, warm people.  While we had heard other teams talking about  the two of them we had never seen any of the negative interation between them.  While I'm sure it makes for good TV I'd just go on the record as saying if you ever are blessed with the opportunity to meet either of them I promise you'd love them.

Thanks Toni! You confirmed my POV that Terence and Sarah are really a nice team and got a relatively bad edit! :)

Toni, here's a rather personal question. Did you felt even abit of disapproval when Dallas was getting along with Starr while on the race. Like maybe you might be thinking that Dallas should focus more on the race.

:)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2009, 01:20:01 AM »
I thought they looked good together. Are they still in touch??

Offline MomToni TAR 13

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2009, 01:20:56 AM »

Thanks Toni! You confirmed my POV that Terence and Sarah are really a nice team and got a relatively bad edit! :)

Toni, here's a rather personal question. Did you felt even abit of disapproval when Dallas was getting along with Starr while on the race. Like maybe you might be thinking that Dallas should focus more on the race.

:)

All questions are fair game so no problem.

I love Nick & Starr and I'd race against them any day.  Dallas is very competitive so I never worried that anything would get in the way of the race.  We had a great time with them and all the teams at the pitstops, BUT when they said go, it was game on and no way did Dallas want to get beat by a girl.  Check out the monastery in Moscow.  The crew told us they couldn't believe the foot race getting in and out of there.  At one point we just pushed our way past them - we were really tired of them winning every leg at that point.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2009, 01:29:00 AM »
Thank you Toni!! Love your comments about the race, I wondered if y'all would be a little bit jealous of the tasks and especially of the self navigation!

I too can tell you all that Terence and Sarah are wonderful caring people who can NOT do enough for anyone they meet. They were incredibly kind and exceedingly generous with their time to me and to the fans at TARcon. Sarah came out sick and nearly voiceless to a breakfast with some of the fans because she wanted to be sure not to disappoint anyone. Lovelovelove them both!! Terence made sure that everyone was looked after and that everyone had fun in NYC. In no way did he even slightly resemble his edit. They  both could not have been more warm and welcoming to us all.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2009, 08:28:22 AM »
I will echo what peach said about Terence and Sarah. Both are very nice, especially Terence who I had a chance to talk with during our lunch. I learned that Terence and Kynt have become good friends. You could not have seen any more of a difference from what you saw on TV to what you see in person with Terence. Super person.
Just here to visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2009, 08:34:03 AM »
Terence and Sarah = :hearts: WE NEED THEM HERE!! :jumpy:

But i'm already so glad we have TONI here with us! :wohoo:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2009, 09:45:36 AM »
Hi to everyone! :hearts:

Was wondering, what are the flight restrictions that TPTB imposed on you guys? I've heard that you can't fly into certain cities (Baghdad? Tel-Aviv?), but could you guys remember any airlines or airports you're not allowed to use?

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2009, 06:39:24 PM »
Terence and Sarah = :hearts: WE NEED THEM HERE!! :jumpy:

But i'm already so glad we have TONI here with us! :wohoo:

Same here.

Hi to everyone! :hearts:

Was wondering, what are the flight restrictions that TPTB imposed on you guys? I've heard that you can't fly into certain cities (Baghdad? Tel-Aviv?), but could you guys remember any airlines or airports you're not allowed to use?

Also I would like to hear more about getting the plane tickets for the crew.  Didn't Jonathon say you had to get two tickets, then turn off the camera and get two more?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2009, 08:36:58 PM »
I have a question for all the racers who see this. (Now you must reply because you just saw it!) :funny:

Which team(s) from the past seasons are your favourites before you made it on the show yourself? Any teams that you do not really enjoy watching? :hides

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2009, 09:20:41 PM »
Also I would like to hear more about getting the plane tickets for the crew.  Didn't Jonathon say you had to get two tickets, then turn off the camera and get two more?

My understanding was always that they bought four tickets off camera, then asking for two on camera.

Offline TARhippie

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
  • Married Beekeeper
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2009, 11:39:46 PM »
Okay, I've got one for everybody:

Did you think there was anybody in your season who got a really bad edit? Like they were completely different to what we saw on TV?

First remember they can only show what you give them.  So if you saw it then the person said it or did it.  It might not be in the full context, but it really did happen.

Having said that - I think the Terrence and Sarah from our season that everyone saw aren't the people we know.  They are both incredible gracious, kind, humble, generous, warm people.  While we had heard other teams talking about  the two of them we had never seen any of the negative interation between them.  While I'm sure it makes for good TV I'd just go on the record as saying if you ever are blessed with the opportunity to meet either of them I promise you'd love them.

We completely agree with Toni can say that Terence and Sarah are wonderful people. They were both here in Eugene for the Olympic Trials and we stayed with Terence for a week in NYC for TARcon. They are both totally generous and went to extraordinary measures to make us welcome in NYC. We thouroughly enjoyed our time with them and hope to spend more in the future. The "LOVEMORE" shirts they wore on TAR truly reflect who they are.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2009, 08:34:21 AM »
I have a question for all the racers who see this. (Now you must reply because you just saw it!) :funny:

Which team(s) from the past seasons are your favourites before you made it on the show yourself? Any teams that you do not really enjoy watching? :hides

I wanted to say that the alumni would hate Jonathan and Victoria (like 99% of the viewing population)....but I think most would change their opinion of them after some interaction.

Offline Darling Divorcees

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2009, 03:30:54 PM »
I'd agree with the Terence edit. He's a doll, and I love him. Miss him dearly.

Any teams we like? Well, Emily (with Mom Nancy) from TAR 1 is our sorority sister, and we love her! I loved watching the Guidos, personally, and thought D&K were fantastic. Gotta love the rockstar F/F team!

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2009, 07:11:01 PM »
Holy crap.  Beekeepers and Divorcees?  Which one for each team?  Anita?  Arthur?  Kelly?  Christy?
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2009, 08:27:39 PM »
Some of the best team names ever! :hearts:

Thank you Arthur/Anita and Christy for sharing! Y'all are giving us some great insights! :thankyou:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2009, 08:56:14 PM »
Christy, you love all the teams this season as well!! :wohoo:

Thanks for sharing, i'm pretty impressed with Phil's eyebrow as well!! :funny:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2009, 09:01:33 PM »
Hi Christy! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2009, 02:04:38 PM »
 :hearts:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2009, 08:48:49 AM »
I love how we made this topic!

:hearts:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2009, 10:46:06 AM »

I wanted to say that the alumni would hate Jonathan and Victoria (like 99% of the viewing population)....but I think most would change their opinion of them after some interaction.

I've gotta say, I didn't hate John and Vic per se. I just think he was a little too intense about the competition (I can sympathize here, I'm hyper competetive myself.) Sure Johnathan was arguably the most abusive racer ever, but competition does things to people, and if you see him outside that environment, its pretty obvious that he really loves Victoria.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2009, 11:07:53 AM »
I'll say he does seeing how much he loves their daughter, but if you saw him in Fear Factor trying to fight with Joe Rogan who doesn't back down from anybody, his behavior can be down right low.
Just here to visit.