Author Topic: TAR14 EP3: 'I'm Not Wearing That Girl's Leotard! (Romania)'  (Read 106461 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR14 EP3: 'I'm Not Wearing That Girl's Leotard! (Romania)'
« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2009, 08:55:41 PM »
detour

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2009, 08:57:12 PM »
Now that we've seen both tasks, either one would have been difficult for Mel. Dragging the coffins and going downhill would have killed him as much as going to Gypsy Town. Pick your poison.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2009, 08:59:41 PM »
The pitstop

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: March 01, 2009, 09:03:22 PM »
Wait - why does it say "Pardon me boy" on the top of the "go to the Transylvania train station" clue?
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #279 on: March 01, 2009, 09:08:39 PM »
It's the start of a song called "Chattanooga Choo Choo".

Starts off, "Pardon me, boy? Is that the Chattanooga Choo Choo?"

And in the movie, Young Frankenstein, Gene Wilder asks, "Pardon me, boy. Is this the Transylvania Station?"

It was a play on both.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #280 on: March 01, 2009, 09:09:24 PM »
Wait - why does it say "Pardon me boy" on the top of the "go to the Transylvania train station" clue?
Pardon me, boy Is that the Chatanooga Choo-Choo

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: March 01, 2009, 09:14:01 PM »
It's the start of a song called "Chattanooga Choo Choo".

Starts off, "Pardon me, boy? Is that the Chattanooga Choo Choo?"

And in the movie, Young Frankenstein, Gene Wilder asks, "Pardon me, boy. Is this the Transylvania Station?"

It was a play on both.
I see. Thanks!
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #282 on: March 01, 2009, 09:58:26 PM »

Best movie EVAH  :jam:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #283 on: March 01, 2009, 10:02:11 PM »
The monster doing Puttin' on the Ritz is classic.

Now back to your regularly schedule thread. :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #284 on: March 01, 2009, 10:16:30 PM »
The monster doing Puttin' on the Ritz is classic.

Now back to your regularly schedule thread. :lol: :lol:
How about puddin on a ritz?  :flirt:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #285 on: March 01, 2009, 10:21:31 PM »
I can do that!  :-[ :-[
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #286 on: March 01, 2009, 10:49:10 PM »
I have attempted to use my knowledge of Brasov (my favorite place of all that I visited in Romania last summer) to help us with "Curtea Johannes Honterus-Hof." The addition of Hof is the only tricky thing. I believe it means "courtyard" and there is one alongside the Black Church. The name of that street, which I remember as pedsetrian and not open to cars, is Curtea Joahnnes Honterus. So its meaning is that the cluebox is in the courtyard adjacent to the entrance to the Black Church.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #287 on: March 01, 2009, 10:55:47 PM »
I have attempted to use my knowledge of Brasov (my favorite place of all that I visited in Romania last summer) to help us with "Curtea Johannes Honterus-Hof." The addition of Hof is the only tricky thing. I believe it means "courtyard" and there is one alongside the Black Church. The name of that street, which I remember as pedsetrian and not open to cars, is Curtea Joahnnes Honterus. So its meaning is that the cluebox is in the courtyard adjacent to the entrance to the Black Church.
Very cool apskip

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #288 on: March 01, 2009, 10:58:38 PM »
I went to the relevant rail schedules to see when teams would logically arrive at Munich airport. They dropped off their marked cars at the Salzburg train station and took a train to Munich Hbf, trnsafering from there to Munich Flughafen (airport). The schedules from Munich HBf to the airport are 6 every afternoon hour taking 39 to 41 minutes from Munich. The schedules from Salzburg  all the way to MUchich Flughafen (on average once per hour) are:

1103 1317
1152 1417
1303 1526
1314 1537
1352 1557
1441 1657
1552 1757
1617 1827

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: March 01, 2009, 11:14:31 PM »
As you can guess, getting the airplane flight information correct is important to me, paritcularly finding out how screwed Brad/Victoria. Here is what I have found:

The nonstop flights Munich to Bucharest (MUC to OTP) are:
LH3480 1525 1825
RO312 1645 1945
LH3424 2130 0025+1

So, LH3480 is the one that Tammy/Victor had the "return to Munich" trip on and then they rebooked LH3424. Three teams caught RO312, Mel/Michael, Amanda/Kris and Margie/Luke. Mark/Michael, Kisha/Jen, Jaime/Cara, and Christie/Jodi also got LH3424 with Tammy/Victor. Brad/Victoria tried to leapfrog ahead by taking the earlier departing flight, KL1798 1730 1915. That was incredibly foolish for 2 reasons. The first is that the conneciton KL134 did not arrive OTP until 0010+1, only a 15 minute gain over LH3424. The second is that the connection was supposed to be 65 minutes but the risk like Uchenna/JOyce in Frankfurt was enormous. It would have been preferable for them to travel with the rest of the pack.

It looks to me that KLM Airlines totally screwed up Brad/Victoria's trip. KLM was greedy for the entire fare, so they conveniently overlooked the alternative booking of LH4700 1700 1835. That 40 minutes longer to connect is amsterdam probably would have caused Brad/Victoria to make the connection. Then KLM screwed them again, by not sending them on LH4705 AMS MUC(!!!) 0715 0835 connecting to LH3400 0920 1215. That would have been superior to the flight KL1389 AMS OTP 0950 1335, which arrives 80 minutes later.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #290 on: March 01, 2009, 11:37:43 PM »
Yet another fine episode, though a bit anticlimatic once the ousted team missed their flight.  I'm amazed by the level of competitiveness shown by the teams.  And I'm also amazed by the shuffling in the ranks throughout the leg!  My thoughts on the teams this week:

Mel & Mike: First place, and well earned!  I do like this team, and I do like that they're still thriving in spite of Mel's groin injury.  They raced well and smart and deserve to still be in it!

Amanda & Kris: I don't know.  I like them okay, but at the same time, they bore me something fierce.  It seems that most of the things they say always has to have "babe" at the beginning or end of it.  Plus, I feel like I barely know a thing about them, and it's already episode three!

Kisha & Jen: Nice to see them getting along a lot better, and great to see them make a huge jump from seventh to third!  I'm liking what I see of them so much more, and I'm loving their abilities in the tasks.

Margie & Luke: They're still in my heart, and I'm still finding myself enjoying them a lot, but the editors need to stop pushing the angle of Luke's deafness.  I'm not blaming Margie or Luke for this, but I could get annoyed with them very quickly, anyway.  I do love their bond with Jaime & Cara, though.

Mark & Michael: Made a nice rebound after their flight error last week.  Despite their small sizes, they show no fear or caution in anything they do, and can even outrun taller people, as shown by their footrace with Christie & Jodi.  Good job to see them both still in it.

Christie & Jodi: The flight attendants made a nice jump up in the ranks after their close shave last week.  I'm glad they weren't anywhere near last this week.  They did well on their tasks and richly deserved to survive.

Jaime & Cara: Ouch.  An incompetent cab driver was not what the cheerleaders needed tonight.  They probably could've scored a slightly higher placement without that happening to them (like at least finishing in front of Mark & Michael), based on their speed in finishing the Detour (although that coffin did look like a b*tch to drag).  They're still my favorite team, though, and their bond with Margie & Luke certainly does help them.

Tammy & Victor: So the siblings were hit by hubris.  Mainly, Victor's.  They faltered at the Roadblock, got lost at the Detour, broke down when they messed up badly (well . . . Victor did), and only escaped elimination because one team had so much bad luck.  I'm still loving Tammy, but Victor's officially starting to annoy me.

Brad & Victoria: Aw.  These two definitely were the new Bob & Joyce -- they were an older couple who did well early on and then got screwed over by a bad flight.  Unlike Bob & Joyce, however, Brad & Victoria did take an ill-advised risk on a flight with a tight connection and missed it only because their first flight got delayed.  So while they kind of didn't deserve it due to that bad luck, they also kind of did for making that bad luck.  Sorry, guys.  But I hope you at least have fun with Preston & Jennifer and Steve & Linda in Thailand!

The tasks were interesting, although the Roadblock was a bit of a yawner.  I'd have easily had my partner do it.  For the Detour, I'd have done Vampire Remains, as it looked easier on paper.  But Gypsy Moves turned out to be faster in practice, so it probably would've been better to do that one.

And after three episodes:

LOVE: Mel/Mike, Kisha/Jen, Margie/Luke, Mark/Michael, Christie/Jodi, Jaime/Cara, Tammy
LIKE: Amanda/Kris, Victor
NEUTRAL: No one
DISLIKE: No one
HATE: No one

Still good casting!  Still don't hate anyone, at least no one left!

Can't wait to see Siberia next week!
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #291 on: March 01, 2009, 11:38:10 PM »
Yet another fine episode, though a bit anticlimatic once the ousted team missed their flight.  I'm amazed by the level of competitiveness shown by the teams.  And I'm also amazed by the shuffling in the ranks throughout the leg!  My thoughts on the teams this week:

Mel & Mike: First place, and well earned!  I do like this team, and I do like that they're still thriving in spite of Mel's groin injury.  They raced well and smart and deserve to still be in it!

Amanda & Kris: I don't know.  I like them okay, but at the same time, they bore me something fierce.  It seems that most of the things they say always has to have "babe" at the beginning or end of it.  Plus, I feel like I barely know a thing about them, and it's already episode three!

Kisha & Jen: Nice to see them getting along a lot better, and great to see them make a huge jump from seventh to third!  I'm liking what I see of them so much more, and I'm loving their abilities in the tasks.

Margie & Luke: They're still in my heart, and I'm still finding myself enjoying them a lot, but the editors need to stop pushing the angle of Luke's deafness.  I'm not blaming Margie or Luke for this, but I could get annoyed with them very quickly, anyway.  I do love their bond with Jaime & Cara, though.

Mark & Michael: Made a nice rebound after their flight error last week.  Despite their small sizes, they show no fear or caution in anything they do, and can even outrun taller people, as shown by their footrace with Christie & Jodi.  Good job to see them both still in it.

Christie & Jodi: The flight attendants made a nice jump up in the ranks after their close shave last week.  I'm glad they weren't anywhere near last this week.  They did well on their tasks and richly deserved to survive.

Jaime & Cara: Ouch.  An incompetent cab driver was not what the cheerleaders needed tonight.  They probably could've scored a slightly higher placement without that happening to them (like at least finishing in front of Mark & Michael), based on their speed in finishing the Detour (although that coffin did look like a bitch to drag).  They're still my favorite team, though, and their bond with Margie & Luke certainly does help them.

Tammy & Victor: So the siblings were hit by hubris.  Mainly, Victor's.  They faltered at the Roadblock, got lost at the Detour, broke down when they messed up badly (well . . . Victor did), and only escaped elimination because one team had so much bad luck.  I'm still loving Tammy, but Victor's officially starting to annoy me.

Brad & Victoria: Aw.  These two definitely were the new Bob & Joyce -- they were an older couple who did well early on and then got screwed over by a bad flight.  Unlike Bob & Joyce, however, Brad & Victoria did take an ill-advised risk on a flight with a tight connection and missed it only because their first flight got delayed.  So while they kind of didn't deserve it due to that bad luck, they also kind of did for making that bad luck.  Sorry, guys.  But I hope you at least have fun with Preston & Jennifer and Steve & Linda in Thailand!

The tasks were interesting, although the Roadblock was a bit of a yawner.  I'd have easily had my partner do it.  For the Detour, I'd have done Vampire Remains, as it looked easier on paper.  But Gypsy Moves turned out to be faster in practice, so it probably would've been better to do that one.

And after three episodes:

LOVE: Mel/Mike, Kisha/Jen, Margie/Luke, Mark/Michael, Christie/Jodi, Jaime/Cara, Tammy
LIKE: Amanda/Kris, Victor
NEUTRAL: No one
DISLIKE: No one
HATE: No one

Still good casting!  Still don't hate anyone, at least no one left!

Can't wait to see Siberia next week!
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #292 on: March 02, 2009, 01:33:16 AM »
Is there something wrong with the boards? I think i saw Ashe's comments 3 times? :duno:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #293 on: March 02, 2009, 10:13:28 AM »
So here we are looking at the following leg:

Roadblock:
Jen, Amanda, Mel, Michael, Margie,  Tammy, Cara, Jodi

Uknown:
Brad & Victoria (Assume Victoria), 

Detour:
Coffin: Tammy & Victor,

Gipsie:
Mark & Michael, Kris & Amanda (Lose Fanny Pack)

Uknown;
B/V, C/J, C/J, M/L, L/J

Pitstop:
Possible order of finish from screen caps:
Mark & Michae - 1st Place
Christie & Jodi - 2nd Place
Mel & Mike - 3rd
Margie & Luke - 4th
Cara/Jamie or Likisha/Jen - 5th & 6th
Tammy & Victor - 8th
Amanda & Kris - 9th
Brad & Victoria - Eliminated - Due to flight connection

If its not that order the only difference will be swithing it around as such:
Mel & Mike
Mark & Michael
Christie & Jodi
leaving the rest the same.

Edit to fix post. I get Kris and Amanda confused sometimes.  :groan: Its because I have a friend that is Kris and female. I tend to keep thinking of Kris as a guy,
beau30, you have an error in the ROADBLOCK contestants. It was Michael, not Mel, who did it (that makes both Michaels if you consider thet one form Mark/Michael). 69 year olds do not do serious gymnastics. Other than that, I concur with gator27. Nice job!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #294 on: March 02, 2009, 10:24:11 AM »
Romania....gymnastics.... hmmmm....  wouldn't it be nice if the pitstop greeter was Nadia Comăneci   ;)
That would be awesome and they could play Nadia's theme, it is CBS afterall.

The only problem with that it that Nadia married U.S. gymnast Bart Conner about 13 years ago and has lived in the U.S. She is the Honorary Consul General of romania to the United States out of her office in Norman Oklahoma. She is a dual citizen of the U.S. and Romania.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:05:11 PM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #295 on: March 02, 2009, 10:34:15 AM »

Roadblock:

Uknown:

Detour:

Gipsie:

Uknown;
B/V, C/J, C/J, M/L, L/J

Pitstop:
Mel & Mike - 3rd
Margie & Luke - 4th
Tammy & Victor - 8th
Amanda & Kris - 9th

Mel & Mike
Mark & Michael
Christie & Jodi

Edit to fix post. I get Kris and Amanda confused sometimes.  :groan: Its because I have a friend that is Kris and female. I tend to keep thinking of Kris as a guy,
beau30, you have an error in the ROADBLOCK contestants. It was Michael, not Mel, who did it (that makes both Michaels if you consider thet one form Mark/Michael). 69 year olds do not do serious gymnastics. Other than that, I concur with gator27. Nice job!
Mark did the Roadblock not Michael (Munoz) :tup:

honeybee

« Reply #296 on: March 02, 2009, 11:34:30 AM »
I am willing to bet my lungs that Kris says the title.

I'm guessing that Mel says it.  I can't wait to see Mike on the balance beam... hehe!

I love that it turned out that LUKE was the one to give us the quote for the episode!  I was surprised!  ;D

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #297 on: March 02, 2009, 12:29:09 PM »

Roadblock:

Uknown:

Detour:

Gipsie:

Uknown;
B/V, C/J, C/J, M/L, L/J

Pitstop:
Mel & Mike - 3rd
Margie & Luke - 4th
Tammy & Victor - 8th
Amanda & Kris - 9th

Mel & Mike
Mark & Michael
Christie & Jodi

Mark did the Roadblock not Michael (Munoz) :tup:

puddin, my note had NOTHING to do with Mark and Michael. It may be that you have discovered another error in beau30's table. What I stated was that it was Michael and not Mel (of Mel and Michael, not Mark and Michael) who did the gymnastics ROADBLOCK.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #298 on: March 02, 2009, 12:38:10 PM »
I am willing to bet my lungs that Kris says the title.

I'm guessing that Mel says it.  I can't wait to see Mike on the balance beam... hehe!

I love that it turned out that LUKE was the one to give us the quote for the episode!  I was surprised!  ;D
That was definitely the upset of the night. Very funny that he said it.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #299 on: March 02, 2009, 01:11:07 PM »
This is what you wrote apskip's. I read it as you having "both Michael's" doing the ROADBLOCK. Sorry if I misunderstood what you were trying to get at.