Author Topic: TAR14 EP3: 'I'm Not Wearing That Girl's Leotard! (Romania)'  (Read 107225 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR14 EP3: 'I'm Not Wearing That Girl's Leotard! (Romania)'
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2009, 12:36:03 AM »
My take is romaniafan meant that they took the train to the Black Church in Brasov to find maybe route info to lead them to the detours, not Roadblock because we know they Roadblock is first in Bucharest. Hoping for some Black Church Hours of Operation here but I haven't found any info on the church hours yet. 

Brasov:
"So I sat next to a guy at the wedding yesterday who is a cop in brasov and was assigned as a driver to some of the supporting crew for the amazing race when it came through. from bucharest they had to take the train to brasov, and they went to the black church where they found out their road block. i don't remember what the first one was but the second was something to do with a gypsy village. he didn't know what else they did in brasov but from brasov they went to bran and he said he didn't think they went to Bran Castle but they did have their pit stop. in all he said they spent about 3 days in romania and from here they went to russia."

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2009, 07:51:43 AM »
My take is romaniafan meant that they took the train to the Black Church in Brasov to find maybe route info to lead them to the detours, not Roadblock because we know they Roadblock is first in Bucharest. Hoping for some Black Church Hours of Operation here but I haven't found any info on the church hours yet. 

Brasov:
"So I sat next to a guy at the wedding yesterday who is a cop in brasov and was assigned as a driver to some of the supporting crew for the amazing race when it came through. from bucharest they had to take the train to brasov, and they went to the black church where they found out their road block. i don't remember what the first one was but the second was something to do with a gypsy village. he didn't know what else they did in brasov but from brasov they went to bran and he said he didn't think they went to Bran Castle but they did have their pit stop. in all he said they spent about 3 days in romania and from here they went to russia."

Good news:
One person's travel log has it open from 10am to 5pm (though I don't know how outdated it is)
This tourist info site has it open from 10am to 530pm

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2009, 08:47:23 AM »
It's not a big deal, but RomanianMonasteries.org says about the Black Church: "The visiting program is daily between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m." and RomanianTourism.com/brasov.html says "Open: Mon. - Sat. 10:00am - 3:30pm; Closed Sun" that's sufficient to establish my point, which is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Unfortunately, when I visited the Black Church in August it was at lunchtime, so I do not have any eyewitness report to offer on this.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2009, 11:04:19 AM »

Brasov:

Good news:
One person's travel log has it open from 10am to 5pm (though I don't know how outdated it is)
This tourist info site has it open from 10am to 530pm
This scenario is speculation though on my part, I'm desperately looking for a way for Brad and Victoria to catch up to the pack  :lol: :-[
Thanks zack!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2009, 11:40:32 AM »
Thanks Phil!!!!!!! :funny:
After landing in Romania, Phil learns gymnastics at the National Sports Complex, where Nadia Comaneci was trained

« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 11:44:04 AM by puddin »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2009, 12:02:07 PM »
FYI

Nadia now lives in Norman, OK with husband Bart Conner.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2009, 12:16:21 PM »
The Complexul Sportiv National Lia Manoliu is on the east side of the city:
Bucharest Sector 2, B-dul Basarabia 37-39

That's 11km from the airport, 7km from the North Train Station. Here's a huge map of the complex, and here's a site with lots of photos...

*sigh* Hundreds of photos of that room, and none in the angle for us to see that "clock"!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 12:45:41 PM by Neobie »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2009, 12:59:56 PM »
The real question is.........does Phil have great balance or great editing!!!!!
Matthew 7:15

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2009, 03:18:48 PM »

That's 11km from the airport, 7km from the North Train Station. Here's a huge map of the complex, and here's a site with lots of photos...

*sigh* Hundreds of photos of that room, and none in the angle for us to see that "clock"!
From Phil's diary we can see that he was there at 15:37:50 and the temperature was 16C.

Added another image this one shows 15:40:17...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:42:21 PM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2009, 03:28:05 PM »
So it is a clock! how the heck can you read that wp?

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2009, 03:31:49 PM »
It lost a lot of detail when I turned it into a jpg - I'll try to make a clearer version.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2009, 03:45:13 PM »
It lost a lot of detail when I turned it into a jpg - I'll try to make a clearer version.
No I believe you wp  :jam:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2009, 04:22:41 PM »

From Phil's diary we can see that he was there at 15:37:50 and the temperature was 16C.

Excellent!   :tup: Now we know that Mel/Mike and Luke/Margie were doing gymnastics at 9 pm (or at least after 8 pm [20:00]).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2009, 08:28:00 PM »
a few new frames ..

Redo ..
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 09:16:02 PM by puddin »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2009, 08:36:47 PM »
Jodi is behind them. You can see her between them. You can see Christie to the left of Mark in a coupld of the frames.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2009, 08:51:31 PM »
Yeah its Jodi & Christie. I can't stop it at the right spot but for sure you can see Christie in black pants as well.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2009, 09:13:16 PM »
Got it!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2009, 09:28:37 PM »
It looks like Mark and Michael may be in first!  If so Jodi and Christie may not be so far behind anymore.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2009, 09:49:36 PM »
It looks like Mark and Michael may be in first!  If so Jodi and Christie may not be so far behind anymore.

how do you figure they are in first?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2009, 10:02:37 PM »
I would think the leaders are Mike/Mel Kris/Amanda Luke/Marge unless of course there are hours of operation

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2009, 11:08:19 PM »
Heres the video that goes with the above screencaps

<< HQ toggle

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2009, 12:38:27 AM »
 :yess: Finally Amanda!!

Romanians Coach Contestants on Sunday's 'Amazing Race' 

Written by John Crumlish | Friday, February 27, 2009

Gymnasts and coaches from Romania's Lia Manoliu Sports Complex in Bucharest will help contestants swing, turn and leap toward a $1 million prize in Sunday's episode of "The Amazing Race," airing on CBS at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

Although several of the two-person teams in the Emmy Award-winning reality competition program have athletic backgrounds, their poise and dexterity will be put to a new test in Romania — on the balance beam. Team members, wearing competition attire in Romanian team colors, will need to successfully perform a "routine" before they will be allowed to learn their next destination.

"They must go correct and not fall," explains Liliana, a coach at the club, on host Phil Keoghan's video diary that previews the episode.

Sunday's episode of the show will feature footage of "The Amazing Race" contestants training with Romanian coaches, as well as several young Romanian gymnasts practicing their own routines.

"They can walk on their hands and do unbelievable things," notes Keoghan in his video diary.

Now in its 14th season, "The Amazing Race" pits two-person teams against one another in a series of physical and mental challenges that take them on a 22-day trek around the world. Couples who are farthest behind are gradually eliminated, and the first team to arrive at the final destination will win $1 million.

Sunday's episode entitled "I'm Not Wearing That Girl's Leotard!" is the third episode of the season.

Third in the women's team competition at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, Romania has a rich gymnastics tradition. Nadia Comaneci won the all-around title at the 1976 Olympics, and Simona Amanar placed first at the 2000 Games. The country has two world all-around champions in Aurelia Dobre (1987) and Maria Olaru (1999).

The Romanian women won the Olympic team title in 1984, 2000 and 2004; and the world team title in 1979, 1987, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1999 and 2001.

After watching the young Romanian gymnasts train during the show's taping. Keoghan asked coach Liliana if some of the complex's gymnasts might someday compete in the Olympic Games. "I hope so," Liliana said.

"Me, too," Keoghan replied. "I would love to say that I saw them here."

Contestant Amanda Blackedge must complete a series of gymnastics exercises at the Complexul Sportiv National Lia Manoliu in Bucharest, Romania, in order to receive the next clue, on "The Amazing Race."

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2009, 07:07:46 AM »
Got it!

I see shadows in this pictures.  If we have a PitStop location, then Chateau could do his thing. ;D

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2009, 07:21:55 AM »
After reviewing the shadows on Mel/Mike and the stuntmen at the PitStop, I've got no clue who is ahead of whom. :groan:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2009, 07:28:29 AM »
Got it!

Looks like you got one of those haystacks too, Puddin...to the right of Michael.