Author Topic: EP#1 Which team is is the first team Philiminated?  (Read 30881 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP#1 Which team is forever labelled as "Losers"?
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2009, 01:03:09 AM »
Nick/Starr is just too datingish to let viewers now they are actually just brother/sister. :funny:
HA!  I think Tramel & Talicia were the only brother/sister team to not look so inappropriately close, as Blake & Paige, Azaria & Hendekea, and Nick & Starr all had that problem!

Oh, gosh.  I hope Tammy & Victor don't have that problem, too. :ascared

I don't think any of the sibling teams we've had on the race have come off as "inappropriately close".

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2009, 01:12:24 AM »
what is he talking about. Hahah
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2009, 08:41:35 AM »
I didn't get that vibe from Nick/Starr nor Azaria/Hendekia. In fact, Azaria yelled at Hendekia quite a bit which is fitting for an older brother (having two younger sisters, I know of yelling at the younger siblings).

I did get that vibe from Blake/Paige.
Just here to visit.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2009, 07:32:49 PM »
Yeah, I got the "inappropriately close" vibe more from Blake & Paige than from Azaria & Hendekea or Nick & Starr -- especially Nick & Starr.  After all, Starr was interested in Dallas!

Belle Book

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2009, 07:30:39 AM »
Does anyone know how hard it's going to be to not make fun of the M & M teams?  Oh how about Luke (who I already want to win)?  Then we have Tammy's voice, oh who am I kidding you are all far game.

1.  Gut reaction, who's you final three? Tammy & Victor, Cara & Jamie, Amanda & Kris

2.  Who is going to laugh their ass off (since the diet sure isn't doing it) when none of the three all female fit teams end up winning (again....)? bummer

3.  Who is already tired of Tammy's voice?  Tammy if you are a shark at cards and have filmed a hot lesbian sex scene in "Bound" you get a pass on the voice, but thats it.  The mute button works wonders. Maybe that is why we get all the sub-titles.
4.  Okay how many more seasons do I have to wait for a young fit all male team to be cast as racers again? Two young fit all female winners + 1 season

5:  Which teams gonna be the first to hit the mat? Tammy & Victor(y)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2009, 08:19:02 PM »
And not a single one of us picked the correct cast away (Oops wrong show), evictee (Double Damn), we suck...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2009, 09:39:16 PM »
None of us picked Jennifer and Preston. :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2009, 09:40:09 PM »
I did...but I edited it out, :lol:!

:groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2009, 09:40:49 PM »
I did. I changed mine from Linda and Steve at the last minute.
Just here to visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2009, 09:42:24 PM »
I did. I changed mine from Linda and Steve at the last minute.

I meant the poll results. :funny:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2009, 09:51:41 PM »
Oh that. Yeah at the time, none of us saw that coming.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2009, 10:05:28 PM »
peach and I got our wish ;) , too bad for Preston & Jen though,,,,,,,,

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2009, 10:15:57 PM »
Jennifer and Preston sure doesn't look like they will be the first to go! Yay for TAR 5 surprise! They are Dennis and Erika-ed out! :funny:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2009, 10:18:19 PM »
I was hoping for a Preston and Jennifer elimination. Now that S/L arent out as we all thought I have to give them some respect. They came from behind
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2009, 10:32:03 PM »
I was hoping for a Preston and Jennifer elimination. Now that S/L arent out as we all thought I have to give them some respect. They came from behind

I think Steve was really the smart one. He knew they had no chance of climbing up again.. so he transported so many cheese at one go. I bet they would be one of the teams to complete the task first had they been on the first flight.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2009, 07:47:53 AM »

I think Steve was really the smart one. He knew they had no chance of climbing up again.. so he transported so many cheese at one go. I bet they would be one of the teams to complete the task first had they been on the first flight.
gotta love his pragmatism
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2009, 12:03:22 PM »
That was an AMAZING episode! Loved every aspect of it, as well as the new design! :jumpy:

The previews succeeded in fooling me for a change! I feel pretty stupid now, but at the time I didn't dare hope it would be Preston & Jennifer out first!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2009, 01:48:12 PM »

Yes, I certainly didn't see Preston & Jennifer's elimination coming!  What a very Dennis & Erika/Ari & Staella-type surprise!

And Steve really was impressive with the cheese.  I give him points for creativity.  He and Linda deserved to survive the first leg.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2009, 02:01:44 PM »
That is a great example of why I always hated the complaints about young fit men and the strength challenges.  They normally have ways if you are creative on the fly to do things easier.

Here it looked like you could have almost immediately (just after having it be attached to the wood) break it and let the damn things roll down the hill (which was the hardest most time consuming part). I am surprised more people (once they broke) didn't allow them to just roll the rest of the way.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2009, 02:56:52 PM »
I feel the same way, mswood. I said in my recap, I'm surprised more teams realizing the cheese rack would not work did not just roll the cheese wheels down the hill. Unless the teams were told not to, it was really the fastest way to finish the task.
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2009, 03:33:31 PM »
While I would assume that the extra info said they had to start out with the cheese tied down, they clearly, if it came free, could let it roll down and simply carry it on the level ground to the deposit area.

Why so many tried to (after tit came apart) to put it back together just amazes me.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2009, 03:50:06 PM »
Who would have thought from the promos/previews that Linda/Steve would ultimatly save Jodi/Christie. I am really suprised that the flight attendents asked the wrong question at the train station, "Which train leaves first?" instead of the right question, "Which train arrives first?" At the mat, Jodi said she thought the teams going through "Italy" would get caught up in customs. Well just typical thoughts of a flight attendent that works for a domestic only carrier.

Jodi/Christie were at the cheese task last and got a chance to observe everyone else on the way up the hill. Jodi tells Christie there only chance is to do like Steve and take four down at once. What I find interesting is that Jodi/Christie are right by Jamie/Cara when Jodi tells that to Christie. As far as I can tell, Jamie/Cara only have two cheese wheels with them at that time, yet they end up at the bottom of the hill dragging 4 cheese wheels. I wonder if they didnt decide to go back and get two more cheese wheels while they were still high up on the hill?

Jodi/Christie lucked out again when their taxi driver caught up to Preston/Jennifer on the way to the pit stop. When Preston realized there was no bridge at that end of the parking lot and reversed directions, Jodi realized that they were between Preston/Jennifer and the mat and they could have a chance at not coming in last.

Puddin called the race for last place.......way to go Puddin

All in all, a very good episode with some good twists and turns.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2009, 04:18:19 PM »
I think I really struck out in predicting who'd go home first, but I'm not too upset.  Jennifer & Preston are gone, and I'm glad to see a bickering couple gone!

Belle Book