Author Topic: EP#1 Which team is is the first team Philiminated?  (Read 30885 times)

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Re: EP#1 Which team is forever labelled as "Losers"?
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 02:04:18 AM »
I wish it'll be the all-male team to be the 1st team to eliminate on TAR 14 just like what happened to seasons 6 & 9. ;D
There was also season 7 where an all male team was eliminated first.  In fact more all male teams have been eliminated first then all female.  
TAR10 also saw a men's team go out first, mswood -- and not even at a Pit Stop, either!

And only two women's teams have gone home first -- Deidre & Hillary (TAR2) and Gina & Sylvia (TAR3).  The rest were men's teams and coed teams.

And to be fair to Scott, he'd probably have done a lot better had he gone on the show with someone other than John.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 07:05:06 AM »
Not all fit young male teams win (or even race that well)
And yet, FIVE have won.

Men usually do a little better in this race then women do, it sounds sexiest but it's true, beside Chris&Alex who were mostley lucky all other male teams wining this race where strong teams.

I think the problem is with the casting, CBS should cast female teams that are fans of the race and really want to win it like Linda&Keren, Charla&Mirna, Mary&Peach and Lyn&Karlyn and not women who want's to promote their non existing acting careers or completly lost cases like Marisa&Brooke or Pat&kate.
Dustin&Kandice where truly a stong team , they did a lot of dumb mistakes but still a strong one. but most of the teams that where casted under their type casting don't do as well and trying to recast them in the past two seasons did bring the wanted outcome.
I don't know how their current replacments Cara&Jaime would do in this race and i don't think it's importent, the casting people in CBS should work a little harder with the female/female teams and don't cast the same pretty athletic girls over and over again.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 07:36:06 AM »
Not all fit young male teams win (or even race that well)
And yet, FIVE have won.
Rob & Brennan, Chris & Alex, Reichen & Chip, Tyler & James.  

Thats only four, but its besides the point.  Should we stop having fit young couples because they have won the most races?

Now whats interesting is that most of the times young fit women lose, it isn't due to a strength tasks.  It's usually based on mental tasks (or choices of tasks). Please remember that they beat a tougher male/male team of Eric/Jeremy wo win AR9.

Lets look at the seasons.

Season 1:  REally didn't cast young fit athletic women, the closest was Kim & Leslie and they lost due to not following the clue.
Season 2:  Mary & PEach.  Killed by failure to follow the clue, that was double impacted by being late and still going after FF.
Season Three:  Heather & Eve killed by failure to follow the clues instructions.
Season 4: Tian & Jaree (I don't consider Monica & Sheree who were killed by not being able to get around India) killed by their choice of tasks (they took the passive task and that allowed another team to pass them.
Season 5:  Karli & Kami were young, I am not so sure about fit.  They were killed for being slower then everyone (including two middle aged women).  Behind in every aspect of their final leg.
Season Six:  Meredith & MAria couldn't drive or navigate if their lives depended on it.  Lena & Christy  finally we have a team were the physical condition of the task was a big part f the reason they lost (that and very possible not paying enough attention).
Season 7:  Megan & Heidi completely unprepared for the stress of the race (their own words), Debbie & Bianca in a place were they spoke the language better then anyone they drove to the wrong side of the continent.
Season Nine:  Dani & Danielle killed because they couldn't navigate (which made back in the pack and victims of the Yield, only successful Yield)
Season Ten:  Kelly & Jamie because they couldn't navigate, Dustin & Kandice a careless mistake with location, and then choosing the slower task.
Season 11:  Dustin & Kandice unable to finish a non physical task.
Season 12:  Marianna & Julie last due to helping the team that was behind them.  Shana & Jennifer last due to navigation and a mental task.
Season 13:  Melissa & Brooke hopeless, Kelly & Christy had a killer day that was created by them not reading and following the simple instructions of the clue.

There is one example where the physical nature of the tasks made it easier for the a fit athletic man to do it.  One.

So I can't hold that fact against young fit male teams.

mswood, I agree with Ashe. When you add BJ & Tyler (male and fit last itme I looked), you have 5! Thye had to beat Eric/Jeremy for that win, a tought male/male team.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 07:42:15 AM by apskip »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 07:49:55 AM »
BJ and Tyler = Shagged Alpha Male Version

Non alpha male = John/Scott T_T

Anyway, i guess Linda/Steve are toast.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 09:27:45 AM »
1.  Gut reaction, who's you final three? Jennifer & Preston, Cara & Jamie, Tammy & Victor

2.  Who is going to laugh their ass off (since the diet sure isn't doing it) when none of the three all female fit teams end up winning (again....)? mswood.

3.  Who is already tired of Tammy's voice?  Tammy if you are a shark at cards and have filmed a hot lesbian sex scene in "Bound" you get a pass on the voice, but thats it. mswood

4.  Okay how many more seasons do I have to wait for a young fit all male team to be cast as racers again? Ten

5:  Which teams gonna be the first to hit the mat? Amanda & Kris
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 04:27:46 PM »
I wish it'll be the all-male team to be the 1st team to eliminate on TAR 14 just like what happened to seasons 6 & 9. ;D
There was also season 7 where an all male team was eliminated first.  In fact more all male teams have been eliminated first then all female.  
TAR10 also saw a men's team go out first, mswood -- and not even at a Pit Stop, either!

And only two women's teams have gone home first -- Deidre & Hillary (TAR2) and Gina & Sylvia (TAR3).  The rest were men's teams and coed teams.

And to be fair to Scott, he'd probably have done a lot better had he gone on the show with someone other than John.
God, I forgot all about that, thanks for the reminder.  I am an idiot.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 05:14:26 PM »
1.  Gut reaction, who's you final three?
Tammy and Victor, Cara and Jamie, and Mark and Michael

2.  Who is going to laugh their ass off (since the diet sure isn't doing it) when none of the three all female fit teams end up winning (again....)? Not me!

3.  Who is already tired of Tammy's voice?  Tammy if you are a shark at cards and have filmed a hot lesbian sex scene in "Bound" you get a pass on the voice, but thats it.  I don't really care... until the race.

4.  Okay how many more seasons do I have to wait for a young fit all male team to be cast as racers again?
2 seasons.

5:  Which teams gonna be the first to hit the mat?
Tammy and Victor

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2009, 06:00:20 PM »
1.  Gut reaction, who's you final three?
Cara & Jamie, Tammy & Victor, Amanda & Kris

2.  Who is going to laugh their ass off (since the diet sure isn't doing it) when none of the three all female fit teams end up winning (again....)?
Me. I don't know when one will, but I'll be laughing even when one does. I just can't see it happening if it hasen't in 13 seasons.

3.  Who is already tired of Tammy's voice?  Tammy if you are a shark at cards and have filmed a hot lesbian sex scene in "Bound" you get a pass on the voice, but thats it. I can really feel the Tammy love from you...

4.  Okay how many more seasons do I have to wait for a young fit all male team to be cast as racers again?
A while, but I'm hoping they do it soon. It's always good to have athletic talent in there, even if they do end up always winning!

5:  Which teams gonna be the first to hit the mat?
Well, my picks was the 1st to hit the mat in the last primer, so why not this time? Amanda & Kris

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2009, 06:34:44 PM »
I think that Cara and Jamie and Tammy and Victor are most likely in the final three.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2009, 07:58:13 PM »

he, he.  John looked like he was a tourist.  Which yeah, I can understand.  But unfortunately it isn't a reality for those who are really racing as you get so little time to actually take everything in.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2009, 08:01:28 PM »
North09

I pick on all the racers.  But with just a little to go on (mainly the pre race interviews), I was stuck with making fun of her voice, or making fun of the M & M's, or Luke.  And I wasn't brave enough yet, to go their.

Hell I made fun of Linda & Karin's voices (I mean shrieking), but I loved those ladies.  So I really don't mean it in a nasty way.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2009, 08:34:24 PM »
mswood's snark is one of the main reasons why we love her!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Just here to visit.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2009, 08:39:09 PM »
mswood's snark is one of the main reasons why we love her!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
I've found absolutely NONE of it funny so far.

Nor have I north09's.  Sorry.  I can't find anyone who actually liked friggin' Nathan & Jennifer funny.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:39:03 AM by Ashe »
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2009, 08:44:21 PM »
Me. I did. I loved Jennifer's death stares.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2009, 12:56:46 AM »

Amen to that!  Snark away mswood, no one does it better!  :<3

And thanks again for doing the game for us all, you always make it fun to play and funny  :funny:  to read!

:ty for all the hard work you do!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2009, 02:32:43 PM »
North09

I pick on all the racers.  But with just a little to go on (mainly the pre race interviews), I was stuck with making fun of her voice, or making fun of the M & M's, or Luke.  And I wasn't brave enough yet, to go their.

Hell I made fun of Linda & Karin's voices (I mean shrieking), but I loved those ladies.  So I really don't mean it in a nasty way.

:lol: I know, I was making a joke there! Obviously a failed one. I guess your better at the witty comments than me.

Nor have I north09's.  Sorry.  I can't find anyone who actually liked friggin' Nathan & Jennifer funny.

Ok, I was trying to make a witty joke, but thats all. I'm sorry if you don't find any of this funny, but if you don't, can you at least let us enjoy it? What I personally enjoy about RFF, aside from the amazing detective work and passion for the show that challenges mine, is that we don't argue. We just enjoy the show. I don't want to be rude here, but I just find it offending that you believe I can't be a fun guy simply because I liked Nate and Jenn.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2009, 03:44:42 PM »

Hi, all.  I'm a first-time poster here, but have lurked here since TAR12.  I was actually once thanked by puddin for finding out about Terence & Sarah's names before TAR13 even started.  I've posted on TWoP, TV.com, and Survivor Sucks for a long time and am now looking to add this place to my list.  Provided things are kept very friendly here.

Not a very good way to start off keeping things "very friendly here" Ashe, no need to be so rude :res:.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2009, 08:54:47 PM »
I took a guess.

Mark & Michael

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2009, 09:16:59 PM »
Not quite Noluck Boston! There is a higher chance for them to go far and Linda and Steve to go first!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2009, 09:10:34 PM »
Shoot! I should have read all the spoilers first, that's what I get for watching Biggest Loser and not paying attention to this great board.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2009, 09:35:14 PM »
What if... Linda and Steve survived. I bet that's a great accomplishment already. :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2009, 09:51:01 PM »
I think the problem is with the casting, CBS should cast female teams that are fans of the race and really want to win it like Linda&Keren, Charla&Mirna, Mary&Peach and Lyn&Karlyn and not women who want's to promote their non existing acting careers or completly lost cases like Marisa&Brooke or Pat&kate.

I completely agree. Those were the teams who were real fans and really survived hell long.

However i think that the they really can't satisfy everyone with the teams they would like to see.. they can cast a whole bunch of fit and healthy young couples (TAR 6) and we get a boring race (no underdogs.. after so many seasons.. we all know most people love the underdogs!).. or they can have just a few fit all-male teams and have them dominating the race. (TAR2, TAR 4, TAR 9 etc)

I think the teams and how they perform really make up the essence of the show. I know we all hate mactors wannabe going on the show so that they can jumpstart their career.. but almost every team in TARA1,2,3 are mactors and we still love the seasons as well.. so we can't say much about mactors who ain't real fans and shouldn't be on the show. (I know, fans should deserved to race more than those who don't.. but nothing is fair in this world!)

As i've said before, i really like this season's cast way better than any other seasons. This has been the first time i took a first glance at the cast on the day it was revealed and told myself i'm going to love every team.. and i've never been quite wrong about my favourites. There's fit all-female teams that doesn't look like they will be the first to be eliminated (in fact none of them does).. now even Lyn and Karlyn does look like they will be the first to go, had it not been for the spoilers. There's an old couple (Brad and Victoria) who's fit and strong and definitely don't look like they will be racing like Don and MJ style. (If Meredith/Gretchen can go to F4 with so much luck), they can win the race with the same amount of luck! And there's only 2 dating couples, to spare us from the confusion of who's and who and loads of bickerings.. (TAR 6) and the all-male teams doesn't look like they will win for sure.. but neither do they look like they will be gone and eliminated for sure. (John/Scott) Okay, maybe Mel and Mike does look vulnarable to elimination, but i'm pretty sure Michael and Mark will be a strong team. And we have our resident married couple Linda and Steve, whom the producers obviously picked them for they are more sporty and well-travelled than David/Mary.. and if D/M can make the F6.. i think producers must have thought this team might make it further than them and impress the audience. And there's Margie and Luke.. the underdogs if they win.

Woah, what a long post.. but the conclusion is.. i think there's not a team to not to like this season.. there's a team for everyone to like and root for.. not like when i first saw the cast of TAR 13.. i was lost. :( :funny:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2009, 06:39:39 PM »
I agree.  My favorite seasons are Seasons 5 & 7 because a team I was rooting for won!  I guess Season 5 was my favorite, followed closely by Season 7.  If my two favorite teams make it to the finals (Tammy & Victor and Cara & Jamie) and one of them wins in Season 14, then this season might become my favorite one.  But that's still a big if.  Right now, I really like almost all the teams -- the two dating ones are probably my least favorites right now.

Belle Book

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2009, 09:22:22 PM »
I think dating couples are okay. I think the amazing race is more of a family show so people naturally wanted a family team (including married couple) to win most of the time. (Toni/Dallas, Nicolas/Donald..)

Nick/Starr is just too datingish to let viewers now they are actually just brother/sister. :funny:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2009, 12:59:05 AM »
Nick/Starr is just too datingish to let viewers now they are actually just brother/sister. :funny:
HA!  I think Tramel & Talicia were the only brother/sister team to not look so inappropriately close, as Blake & Paige, Azaria & Hendekea, and Nick & Starr all had that problem!

Oh, gosh.  I hope Tammy & Victor don't have that problem, too. :ascared
Jamison