Author Topic: EP#1 Which team is is the first team Philiminated?  (Read 30887 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
EP#1 Which team is is the first team Philiminated?
« on: February 08, 2009, 04:42:26 PM »
The world is waiting for you to screw up and be the first person sent on a wonderful vacation with a bunch of other losers.  But being first you get to pick the best room, so you get some perks.

Does anyone know how hard it's going to be to not make fun of the M & M teams?  Oh how about Luke (who I already want to win)?  Then we have Tammy's voice, oh who am I kidding you are all far game.

1.  Gut reaction, who's you final three?

2.  Who is going to laugh their ass off (since the diet sure isn't doing it) when none of the three all female fit teams end up winning (again....)?

3.  Who is already tired of Tammy's voice?  Tammy if you are a shark at cards and have filmed a hot lesbian sex scene in "Bound" you get a pass on the voice, but thats it.

4.  Okay how many more seasons do I have to wait for a young fit all male team to be cast as racers again?

5:  Which teams gonna be the first to hit the mat?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:57:00 PM by puddin »

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Re: EP#1 Which team is forever labelled as "Losers"?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 05:07:37 PM »
It's Cara & Jaime, not Sara & Jaime.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 05:17:16 PM »
Damn it, that wasn't even a typo.  Thanks for the correction.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 05:23:14 PM »
1.  Gut reaction, who's you final three? Victor & Tammy, Mark & Michael, and Preston & Jennifer.

2.  Who is going to laugh their ass off (since the diet sure isn't doing it) when none of the three all female fit teams end up winning (again....)? Not me.

3.  Who is already tired of Tammy's voice? Not yet, but I bet I'll be tired of their team fairly quickly.

4.  Okay how many more seasons do I have to wait for a young fit all male team to be cast as racers again? An infinite number of seasons.

5:  Which teams gonna be the first to hit the mat? Victor & Tammy
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 05:33:05 PM »
1.  Gut reaction, who's you final three?  MArgie & Luke ( I Told you I am already in love with this team, please don't make me hate you), Amanda & Chris, & Team Red Hot (just to give Michael someone to get disappointed by).

2.  Who is going to laugh their ass off (since the diet sure isn't doing it) when none of the three all female fit teams end up winning (again....)?  That would be me.  I am all for a female team winning, but casting sure is trying to make sure it happens.

3.  Who is already tired of Tammy's voice?  Tammy if you are a shark at cards and have filmed a hot lesbian sex scene in "Bound" you get a pass on the voice, but thats it.  Lord just after their intro video. 

4.  Okay how many more seasons do I have to wait for a young fit all male team to be cast as racers again?  Lets see if a female team wins this year, then I would guess next cycle if not, god only knows.

5:  Which teams gonna be the first to hit the mat?  Oh what the hell Amanda & Chris

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 06:18:49 PM »
.  Gut reaction, who's you final three? Cara & Jaime, Tammy & Victor, Mark & Michael

2.  Who is going to laugh their ass off (since the diet sure isn't doing it) when none of the three all female fit teams end up winning (again....)? Not me :(

3.  Who is already tired of Tammy's voice?  Tammy if you are a shark at cards and have filmed a hot lesbian sex scene in "Bound" you get a pass on the voice, but thats it. I'm not really, IMO :P I could be after a while, though

4.  Okay how many more seasons do I have to wait for a young fit all male team to be cast as racers again? They will never cast another young fit all-male team ever again XD

5:  Which teams gonna be the first to hit the mat? I'll go out on a limb and suggest Cara & Jaime. If not them, then Amanda & Kris.
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 07:11:01 PM »
1.  Gut reaction, who's you final three?  Tammy & Victor, Cara & Jamie and Mark & Michael.

2.  Who is going to laugh their ass off (since the diet sure isn't doing it) when none of the three all female fit teams end up winning (again....)?  Not me, that's for certain -- of course, this could be the year when one actually does so.

3.  Who is already tired of Tammy's voice?  I haven't heard it yet.  If it's that bad, maybe it's a blessing.

4.  Okay how many more seasons do I have to wait for a young fit all male team to be cast as racers again?  Too many!

5:  Which teams gonna be the first to hit the mat?  Tammy & Victor.

And bye-bye, Linda & Steve!  You will be forever labelled as "Losers"!

Belle Book

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 09:25:42 PM »
1.  Gut reaction, who's your final three? Amanda & Kris, Cara & Jaime, and Tammy & Victor.  Largely based on spoilers and speculation, but also because they feel like that to me.

2.  Who is going to laugh their ass off (since the diet sure isn't doing it) when none of the three all-female fit teams end up winning (again....)?  Not me, but these two annoying posters named AlsoKnownAsJer2002 and VentDeMilo over on Survivor Sucks certainly will.  Don't know of anyone here who will, other than mswood.

3.  Who is already tired of Tammy's voice?  Tammy if you are a shark at cards and have filmed a hot lesbian sex scene in "Bound," you get a pass on the voice, but that's it.  I'm not.  At least not yet.  We'll see as the season goes on.

4.  Okay how many more seasons do I have to wait for a young, fit, all-male team to be cast as racers again?  Hopefully, it'll never happen again.  Or at least not until we finally get an all-female team as winners.

5:  Which teams gonna be the first to hit the mat?  Depends.  First Pit Stop?  Probably Tammy & Victor, Amanda & Kris, or Margie & Luke.  If you mean the finish line, then I hope it's Cara & Jaime.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 09:47:44 PM »
Poor Linda & Steve......

And it isn't that I don't want an all female team to win.  I just want them to win on a season when they have all types of racers to race against.  Not all fit young male teams win (or even race that well), but by excluding that group it a message to the other racers saying you aren't good enough to beat them so we wont cast any.

And as a women that sucks.

Take season 7 for example Brian and Greg, fun loving bros fit and athletic, but not very solid racers.  And I was so hoping to see a women team do well (Oh look wrong side of the continent, Oh!!).

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 09:58:12 PM »
Not all fit young male teams win (or even race that well)
And yet, FIVE have won.
Jamison

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 10:24:16 PM »
Darn, you are asking a lot for before the first leg, mswood. I should not have been responding to this after my bedtime because I get things wrong then (and have ot fix them the next morning like i have just done below):

1.  Gut reaction, who's you final three? I am willing to speculate Mark and Michael and Tammy and Victor. I have no idea who the third team will be.

2.  Who is going to laugh their ass off (since the diet sure isn't doing it) when none of the three all female fit teams end up winning (again....)? It won't be Belle Book and it won't be Michael.

3.  Who is already tired of Tammy's voice?  Tammy if you are a shark at cards and have filmed a hot lesbian sex scene in "Bound" you get a pass on the voice, but thats it. I haven't paid any attention to it.

4.  Okay how many more seasons do I have to wait for a young fit all male team to be cast as racers again? It could be in the next century based on recent trends in casting for Amazing Races.

5:  Which teams gonna be the first to hit the mat? I think it will be Tammy/Victor.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 07:34:44 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 10:26:28 PM »
Please note that I misread the poll and voted fo the winner rather than the loser. Scratch a vote for Tammy/Victor.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 10:32:06 PM »
And yet, FIVE have won.
Rob & Brennan, Chris & Alex, Reichen & Chip, Tyler & James.  

Thats only four, but its besides the point.  Should we stop having fit young couples because they have won the most races?

Now whats interesting is that most of the times young fit women lose, it isn't due to a strength tasks.  It's usually based on mental tasks (or choices of tasks).

Lets look at the seasons.

Season 1:  REally didn't cast young fit athletic women, the closest was Kim & Leslie and they lost due to not following the clue.
Season 2:  Mary & PEach.  Killed by failure to follow the clue, that was double impacted by being late and still going after FF.
Season Three:  Heather & Eve killed by failure to follow the clues instructions.
Season 4: Tian & Jaree (I don't consider Monica & Sheree who were killed by not being able to get around India) killed by their choice of tasks (they took the passive task and that allowed another team to pass them.
Season 5:  Karli & Kami were young, I am not so sure about fit.  They were killed for being slower then everyone (including two middle aged women).  Behind in every aspect of their final leg.
Season Six:  Meredith & MAria couldn't drive or navigate if their lives depended on it.  Lena & Christy  finally we have a team were the physical condition of the task was a big part f the reason they lost (that and very possible not paying enough attention).
Season 7:  Megan & Heidi completely unprepared for the stress of the race (their own words), Debbie & Bianca in a place were they spoke the language better then anyone they drove to the wrong side of the continent.
Season Nine:  Dani & Danielle killed because they couldn't navigate (which made back in the pack and victims of the Yield, only successful Yield)
Season Ten:  Kelly & Jamie because they couldn't navigate, Dustin & Kandice a careless mistake with location, and then choosing the slower task.
Season 11:  Dustin & Kandice unable to finish a non physical task.
Season 12:  Marianna & Julie last due to helping the team that was behind them.  Shana & Jennifer last due to navigation and a mental task.
Season 13:  Melissa & Brooke hopeless, Kelly & Christy had a killer day that was created by them not reading and following the simple instructions of the clue.

There is one example where the physical nature of the tasks made it easier for the a fit athletic man to do it.  One.

So I can't hold that fact against young fit male teams.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 10:34:14 PM »
Please note that I misread the poll and voted fo the winner rather than the loser. Scratch a vote for Tammy/Victor.
I was wondering.  I think they could do very well.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 10:46:54 PM »
I wish it'll be the all-male team to be the 1st team to eliminate on TAR 14 just like what happened to seasons 6 & 9. ;D

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 10:52:41 PM »
I wish it'll be the all-male team to be the 1st team to eliminate on TAR 14 just like what happened to seasons 6 & 9. ;D
Any preference on which one I know in season 9 I was extremely happy to see John and Scott get eliminated as they were hopeless.  And as for Avi & Joe after the 1st five minutes of the episode anyone except Jonathan & Victoria getting eliminated was a let down.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 10:57:42 PM by mswood »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 11:06:32 PM »
lol! Mswood they bugged me soooo much "VICTORIAAAA" and her doggon whining. I didnt care much for Avi and Joe however!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 11:16:38 PM »
And yet, FIVE have won.
Rob & Brennan, Chris & Alex, Reichen & Chip, Tyler & James. 

Thats only four, but its besides the point.  Should we stop having fit young couples because they have won the most races?
Five -- B.J. & Tyler count, too.

And yes!  Yes, we should!

Any preference on which one I know in season 9 I was extremely happy to see John and Scott get eliminated as they were hopeless.
You don't know that.  I just saw two guys who were in a very solid position on that first leg, only to get it blown away when they got screwed by a completely incompetent driver who not only didn't know where he was going, but also didn't care.
Jamison

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 11:18:57 PM »
There was also season 7 where an all male team was eliminated first.  In fact more all male teams have been eliminated first then all female.  

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 11:26:19 PM »
Ashe

I wouldn't consider BJ & Tyler (who did do well and won their season) as fit, young athletic men.  Based on 4 websites I go to most of the dislike of all male teams goes specifically towards young, fit athletic teams.  I rarely hear complaints about teams that fit a more average male form.  Heck look at season 10 and most of the negative complaints about the casting was about Tyler & James, not Erwin & Godwin who were also both fit and young and even intellegent.

As for John and Scott, while it is absolutely true that we have little to judge their performance.  What we did have shows them being last to get to the airport, last out of their group (to get to Sao Paulo) to get to and finish the first route marker task (even fact getting past by several teams on what's amounts to going to a roof and coming back down.  In fact they only made two one choice that I give them credit for, and that is not blindly signing up for the first flight they got to (like Lisa & Joni did), they got on the first flight (thanks not to their own planning or performance but by the first flight being delayed).  And yes they did get stuck with either a bad cab (or just one they weren't able to communicate with since that is a big factor), but the fact that they ditched said cab not at a hotel (where you tend to be able to get better travel arrangements, its been used many times in most seasons) and instead ending up in a street where they did have great trouble getting directions or assistance.

Now some teams do have terrible first legs and do manage to learn from their mistakes, but I personally (just a gut reaction) don't know if this team would have ever thrived afterwards.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 11:36:48 PM by mswood »

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 11:31:00 PM »
lol! Mswood they bugged me soooo much "VICTORIAAAA" and her doggon whining. I didnt care much for Avi and Joe however!
Its funny, by the subway trip to the airport I already hated Jonathan and Victoria.  Hated them.  They single handedly nearly made me give up TAR, I just had that negative of a reaction to their behavior towards each other.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 12:28:31 AM »
1.  Gut reaction, who's you final three? Cara & Jaime, Margie & Luke and Lakisha & Jennifer

2.  Who is going to laugh their ass off (since the diet sure isn't doing it) when none of the three all female fit teams end up winning (again....)? Definitely not me.

3.  Who is already tired of Tammy's voice? Yeah, I am. Can someone press the 'Mute' button when she starts talking?

4.  Okay how many more seasons do I have to wait for a young fit all male team to be cast as racers again? Probably six or seven seasons, at least...

5:  Which teams gonna be the first to hit the mat? Cara & Jaime
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 01:27:36 AM »
Its funny, by the subway trip to the airport I already hated Jonathan and Victoria.  Hated them.  They single handedly nearly made me give up TAR, I just had that negative of a reaction to their behavior towards each other.

Same here. They acted so bad. I just watched 4 eppies of Series 6 from my DVD Collection and boy have I regained some hate! hahaha
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 01:30:59 AM »
1.  Gut reaction, who's you final three? Jaime & Cara, Mark & Michael and Amanda and Kris

2.  Who is going to laugh their ass off (since the diet sure isn't doing it) when none of the three all female fit teams end up winning (again....)? Not me! I really hope for a F/F win someday! Hopefully with one of our 3 fine F/F Teams this season!!

3.  Who is already tired of Tammy's voice? Not me I don't judge for now! It could get bad though!

4.  Okay how many more seasons do I have to wait for a young fit all male team to be cast as racers again? I am not bias on this note. They don't bother me. If they were a David and Jeff or better Brian and Greg version I would be really happy. Eric and Jeremy constantly leading TAR 9 did annoy me!

5:  Which teams gonna be the first to hit the mat? Tammy and Victor!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 01:34:58 AM »
1.  Gut reaction, who's you final three?
Cara and Jaime, Margie and Luke and Lakisha and Jennifer (UNDERDOGS and SURPRISING if they do win)

2.  Who is going to laugh their ass off (since the diet sure isn't doing it) when none of the three all female fit teams end up winning (again....)?
I'm going to be disgusted and start throwing a tantrum that i won't watch TAR again.. for about 3 seconds.

3.  Who is already tired of Tammy's voice?
Haven't heard, but doesn't sound good.

4.  Okay how many more seasons do I have to wait for a young fit all male team to be cast as racers again?
None ever again, unless they are as hot as Derek and Drew. :funny:

5:  Which teams gonna be the first to hit the mat?
I'm going to go for a surprise.. hmm... i don't know. I'm guessing it will go to a co-ed team.