Author Topic: TAR14 EP2: Your Target Is Your Partner’s Face (Germany)  (Read 97313 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR14 EP2: Your Target Is Your Partner’s Face (Germany)
« Reply #300 on: February 22, 2009, 10:06:20 PM »
How about you giz us a geez at the beautifuyl Jaime and beautifuyl Cara  :-[
:eww at the giz

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think Michael will happily volunteer to arrange that.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #301 on: February 22, 2009, 10:07:55 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #302 on: February 22, 2009, 10:18:30 PM »
Note how quickly Ken found the giz  :lol:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: February 22, 2009, 10:20:39 PM »
My mind works quickly. You all have to keep up. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: February 22, 2009, 10:21:29 PM »
Note how quickly Ken found the giz  :lol:
What can he say, he's quick with his hands.  He's quick on the fly....

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #305 on: February 22, 2009, 10:24:03 PM »
I'm damned good. Now if I can get my hands out of my pants. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #306 on: February 22, 2009, 11:36:37 PM »
remember the blogger telling us about Cara and Jamie going the wrong way?
the pictures & story come to life!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 22, 2009, 11:37:50 PM »
remember the blogger telling us about Cara and Jamie going the wrong way?
the pictures come to life!

I love when videos match up perfectly to a spoiler...

"LET US IN!"  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #308 on: February 23, 2009, 12:16:05 AM »
thanks puddin! that's weird that they pretty much forced Margie to do it, they should have given Luke the chance to do it but only run down the hill, especially since he's really fast.

Can you get Jaime and Cara at the pit stop ?  :-[

I think Michael must be pretty sad Cara and Jaime didn't have cake all over them. It would have been a sexy sight. :funny:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #309 on: February 23, 2009, 01:11:54 AM »
I thought this was a good episode. Not a great one, as it was clear about halfway through the episode who was toast, but still pretty good.

Tammy & Victor: They really owned the leg tonight. Hell, they reached the Pit Stop long before any of the other nine teams even reached the Detour! They're basically coming across to me like Nick & Starr with actual personalities and not saying the same damn things over and over again! But man, do their voices annoy. A lot.

Mel & Mike: I'd already seen the preview before the season starting of Mel paragliding, so I knew he'd make it through that Roadblock. I find Mel naturally funny, while I think Mike sometimes deliberately hams it up to look funny, when I think he can be naturally like Mike. Their attempt to get into the Pit Stop area was hilarious, though.

Amanda & Kris: Even though it certainly seems like both of them pull their weight, it definitely looks like the editors are trying to make Amanda out to be the less useful person, what with her already leaving the first two Roadblocks to Kris and not having done one yet. That's all I can really say for now, because otherwise, they sort of bore me, though I like them okay.

Margie & Luke: They fell out of first, but they still ran a decent enough leg. I liked the look on their faces when they came in fourth tonight. But please, editors. Don't keep pushing Luke's deafness storyline on us. Let that story arc tell itself.

Brad & Victoria: I have to admit. Victoria's impressed me two legs in a row. She's a gutsy woman! I like seeing her bond with Brad and kicking butt the way they do! They certainly seem very close and like pretty good racers so far, and I hope that continues. They're already reminding me of Bob & Joyce -- old couple who was gone too soon after running some fairly strong legs.

Jaime & Cara: Too bad more of them wasn't shown tonight. But they seemed competent enough at the tasks. Cara certainly kept her eyes out on the Roadblock, and that's really all we got to see of them. (Although a brief glimpse of them at the Bouncing Dolly Detour was seen in their pre-season promo, and Cara wasn't doing so hot in it.) I still like them, though. They're actually my favorite of the three women's teams -- and all the teams, period -- and I hope they can jump up and do better on the next leg.

Kisha & Jen: Not much seen of them on this leg. But it looks like navigation is going to be their weakness. Jen would do well to stand up for herself against Kisha, though. Still, their two low finishes in a row, coupled with their navigation problems, has me thinking they'll be toast fairly early on.

Mark & Michael: Too bad they didn't think of making reservations for themselves on the first flight out of Zurich. They probably could've notched another high finish if they had. Probably. That said, they did well enough with everything else they were given, and I'm glad enough that they stayed in the race.

Christie & Jodi: I like them. But I didn't like their racing on this leg. Christie made a good choice to bail on the paragliding, but she should've moved faster. And both of them really shouldn't have taken the "hoof it" part of the next clue way too literally. Still, good to see them still in, especially considering who that meant would be ousted.

Steve & Linda: I usually want the older couples to last a while, but there's no doubt these two were weak from the beginning (mainly because of Linda) and had no place in the race. Linda really made things bad for them by getting lost in the Alps. Navigation made things worse for them. I felt bad for Steve, as he really seemed to want this a lot, but my happiness of knowing Linda's gone overshadows my sadness for Steve being gone.

Oh, and what I really liked about the Roadblock was that, in some ways, it was a Detour within a Roadblock -- get down the mountain by land or by air. Simply awesome.

The Detour? I'd have done Bouncing Dolly. Like I'd have been able to anticipate the amount of time it'd take to find a cherry-filled cake or pie at Austrian Folly?

LOVE: Tammy/Victor, Mel/Mike, Margie/Luke, Jaime/Cara, Kisha/Jen, Mark/Michael, Christie/Jodi
LIKE: Amanda/Kris, Brad/Victoria
NEUTRAL: No one
DISLIKE: No one
HATE: No one

Wow. Good casting. Only loves and likes here!
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #310 on: February 23, 2009, 01:36:31 AM »
 :lol: Amanda!! "First task I have been done and Australian Folly"  :funny: And Kris correcting her love  :lol:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #311 on: February 23, 2009, 03:10:04 AM »
nevermind then, its been said.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:52:25 AM by Coutzy »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #312 on: February 23, 2009, 09:23:37 AM »
Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but it seems like production is telling Margie and Luke which Roadblocks are for which person.

If it's too blurry, it reads "For safety reasons the person completing this task MUST be able to hear verbal cues."

check the previous page for the same comment and a screen shot with higher quality
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:41:50 AM by cdfe88 »
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #313 on: February 23, 2009, 09:38:06 AM »
Even though I now know how to spell it--Holzsäger--I still can't find any photos (I had been looking for holzknecht). The locals seemed to know where it was; maybe the vending machine is a portable kiosk that gets rolled out every day.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #314 on: February 23, 2009, 04:17:09 PM »
I loved Phil's reaction to Mel & Mike's efforts to open the gate!   :funny:

I would've done Bouncing Dolly myself -- especially since I wouldn't be "creamed".

Belle Book

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #315 on: February 23, 2009, 07:11:38 PM »
from an Interview:

LINDA: Watching myself come down the hill was a little hard because it doesn't show...CBS only has an hour, but I was on that mountain for four hours and I climbed back, went through fire trails, trying to find my way back, and then I had to come back down, but by that time I was just so frustrated.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-amazing-race/exclusive-interview-steve-and-26532.aspx

This fits with our spoiler that one racer climbed back up....

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #316 on: February 23, 2009, 07:57:34 PM »
I loved Phil's reaction to Mel & Mike's efforts to open the gate!   :funny:

I would've done Bouncing Dolly myself -- especially since I wouldn't be "creamed".

Belle Book

Same here, especially when we're on a race.. we don't even know if we will get a good place to shower ourselves.. and with the clothings full of cream.. it's really hard to wash those.

I would have taken the other Detour anyday, the Segways seem so much fun bouncing up and down! Too bad what we didn't see is 2 teams just trying to have fun and race with those Segways, would have been funny! :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #317 on: February 25, 2009, 08:46:31 PM »

Joab's Latest Leaderboard!! :jumpy:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cba

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #318 on: February 28, 2009, 07:25:29 AM »
I don't know if someone already commented on that (if yes I apologize) but there was a mistake early in that leg. Right after the voiceovers of which teams are on the first flight (the Swiss one), they show a plane departing and it's clearly in the paint of the old Swiss airline "Swissair". Swissair doesn't exist anymore (bankruptcy in March 2002). The new airline, "SWISS", was established out of Swissair and a second Swiss airline ("Crossair", much smaller and operating only in Europe while Swissair flew worldwide); taking over planes, infrastructure and persons. To keep up with the flight service, they only painted the planes new over several months so there were still planes flying by "Swissair" when they were in reality "SWISS". (Makes sense?  :lol:) However, if I'm not mistaken the last plane was painted new in summer 2004.

My guess would be that the "Swissair" plane shown was filmed during the 3rd season - in leg 10, when they flew out from Geneva. That took place in Summer of 2002, so it's possible "SWISS" was still flying with planes in the old paint.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: February 28, 2009, 07:58:53 AM »
cba, I believe that your information is incomplete. Yes, Swiss Air is out of business and acquired by Luthansa. However, the new version is named Swiss International Airlines Ltd., either Swiss (which is really an adjective and not an airline) or Swiss Air for short, so what's the problem here?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #320 on: February 28, 2009, 10:13:25 AM »
If you type "swissair.com" which I did for my recap, you get Swiss International Air's website and it still named, "Swissair".
Just here to visit.

Offline cba

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2009, 02:44:48 PM »
cba, I believe that your information is incomplete. Yes, Swiss Air is out of business and acquired by Luthansa. However, the new version is named Swiss International Airlines Ltd., either Swiss (which is really an adjective and not an airline) or Swiss Air for short, so what's the problem here?

Noone uses "Swiss International Airlines (Ltd.)" . They don't even say it when welcoming you on board (at least they didn't when I was there). The short name commonly used is "Swiss" (and there were lots of controversies when the name was revealed cause they payed a lot of money to a high-profile PR firm to come up with it and everyone agreed that "Swiss" isn't really that original). Swiss Air is not used, mostly because many still talk about the old airline so it could be confusing and it's surely not used in any printed media or even merchandise, since Swissair (in early times even sometimes written Swiss Air to add to the confusion) was a joint stock company and there's still creditors (companys and private persons) that could sue anyone for money made with "Swiss Air" or "Swissair". And as you see, the big bold letters you can read from far on the plane is just "Swiss", without any added "air" or anything else.

My information is based on my father's information. He's worked for Swissair and later Swiss 1968 until his retirement in 2007.

There's no problem. I just noticed an error - that the plane shot was made several years ago - and wanted to let you guys know about it. :)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2009, 02:57:16 PM »
I have a feeling they use a lot of canned takeoff and landing shots.  It's great that cba has proved a solid example.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders