Author Topic: TAR14 EP2: Your Target Is Your Partner’s Face (Germany)  (Read 97477 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR14 EP2: Your Target Is Your Partner’s Face (Germany)
« Reply #200 on: February 21, 2009, 12:03:03 PM »
Joab means we know that we have seen everyone past Leg 2 apart from them thus their elimination. I think we have some false spoilers!

No we haven't seen everyone kiwi....

Contestants
* based on photo and witness evidence

Jennifer Hopka & Preston McCamy no evidence beyond leg 1
Linda & Steve Cole no evidence beyond leg 1
Amanda Blackledge & Kris Klicka last witnessed in Austria(leg 2) *should be in the top 5 in Austria
Victoria & Brad Hunt  last witnessed in Austria (leg 2) *should be in the top 5 in Austria
Jodi Wincheski & Christie Volkmer last  witnessed in Romania (leg 3)
LaKisha & Jennifer Hoffman (Daily News Interview: "Siberia was cold, and I don't care for the cold at all," said Lakisha (leg 4 or 5) )
Mel & Michael White (Advocate Interview: "When we were going through India.." (leg6) )  **
Mark  Michael Munoz last witnessed in Romania (leg 3) & "maybe" China/airport heading to Guilin (leg 9) **
Tamara & Victor Jih last witnessed on a Bangkok to Phuket flight (leg 7)    
Margie & Luke Adams Phuket, photo evidence (leg 7)
Cara Rosenthal & Jaime Edmondson eyewitness reports spotted in China airport heading to Hawaii (final leg)

**(Two older men, witnessed on a Bangkok to Phuket flight (leg 7) )

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2009, 12:05:15 PM »
Linda and Steve could be three things.

1.  They aren't eliminated and another team is.
2.  They aren't eliminated, no one is its the first non elimination (means spoilers are actually right we just didn't factor in a non elimi so early.  Earliest US versions has had for a free leg is 3rd episode of season 9 with it ending in a TBC leg.
3.  They are just happy.  Happy to have been cast, to do what they did together, ect.  And hell free vacation....

I lean to #3.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2009, 12:27:08 PM »
Here is a video of the Gondola ride/location for perspective--great matches to the promo shots we have!

There ARE horsies in Konigsee...where we know J/C are...

And thanks for the photochop, walking pneumonia, that made my day!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2009, 12:30:06 PM »
CHATEAU?

This comes from the Phil's diary shot where he is saying the contestants are arriving and may even be passing him...is it any use as a day of time shot? Long sun angles in the back...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #204 on: February 21, 2009, 12:46:27 PM »
Okay, bear with me...thinking out loud here...

This is all from romaniafan's great spoiler info for  next week.

These were the team's seen in the arrivals area at the airport in Bucharest:

two girls, looked to be in their 20s
Has to be Cara/Jaime

one was two slightly older African American ladies,
Kisha/Jen of course

and another was two rather short men
Mark/Michael

Jodi/Christy
from the on the plane info

I *think* there was another team arriving a little further down, but I couldn't get a good look in all the excitement.
Could be Jodi/Christy or another team

One last little tidbit: My friend said the racer sitting next to her on the plane had mentioned that others "from our group" had been on an earlier flight that day. Maybe these were just the stragglers?

okay, if these are the group who took a later flight to Bucharest, with another group earlier...

It is a bit of a stretch because there are certainly things that could happen from pitstop release to airport...

But could we say that these teams MAY  correlate with the later arrivals to Hellbrun?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2009, 12:52:47 PM »
These guys and Mel and Mike could be the 2nd plane!  :yess: Christie/Jodi yes, Jaime/Cara yes, Mel/Mike yes, Mark and Mike and Kisha and Jen I can also see too!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2009, 01:04:57 PM »
More thinking....

We have one woman who climbed back up the mt per our Salzburg spoiler info... Could that person have ended up gliding after all? ???

Also per the Salzburg spoiler, Cara/Jaime, Brad/Victoria. and Amanda/Kris should be within the first arrivals to Hellbrun...

So why are Cara/Jaime in the second plane to Romania? Yes they get a little lost finding the actual PitStop at Hellbrunn, but not so much that they should get seriously delayed right?

Yes stretching here , lots can go wrong after a PitStop release...

But suppose that our teams either do or abort the RB?

What happens when you abort or don't do a RB?

We know from the Romber meat eating challenge that there is a 4 hour penalty.

So suppose, just suppose, that all the racers who go down that MT are technically "quitting" the RB.

They would go do the cakes or the Segways, make the drive and the dash to the MAT, only to have to do a 4 hour penalty....

If that was the case, then some of our early MAT arrivals are not necessarily going to be our actual leaders, right?

So then Amanda/Kris (spec because we can't be sure what Kris did) and Brad/Victoria ( we see Victoria walk down the MT) may not have an advantage after all, even if they do arrive in Salzburg early?

This could explain why Cara/Jaime are on a later flight to Romania, despite being one of the first teams seen at Hellbrun.

Am I nuts? Anybody a RB rule expert?  :helpme

Also need to say that all the paragliding sites DO say that they fly "weather permitting", so it is equally possible that TPTB built in an alternative walk instead of glide....
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 01:31:05 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2009, 01:06:58 PM »
These guys and Mel and Mike could be the 2nd plane!  :yess: Christie/Jodi yes, Jaime/Cara yes, Mel/Mike yes, Mark and Mike and Kisha and Jen I can also see too!

There is no evidence for Mel/Mike here in the Romania flight, kiwi....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: February 21, 2009, 01:59:02 PM »
Peach, I am trying to think if there has ever been a roadblock with two options.

One glide down (being hopefully a fast option), the second being walk down considerable slower).  That would allow the teams an option (and I would think the producers would be aware of the possible weather problems, but look at the season final of season 9 where BJ & Tyler choose an option that they weren't allowed to do for a detour).

If it doesn't include an out option, then yeah its a four hour penalty (and with the last time we saw it being season 7) starting when the next team arrives.  And if all teams are already there a straight four hour penalty.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #209 on: February 21, 2009, 02:11:52 PM »
I suppose that if they had a marked path down already set up, then TPTB setting up an option is the most likely...but stuff like this keeps me up nights! :lol3:

Thanks mswood!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #210 on: February 21, 2009, 02:18:31 PM »
I assume the Roadblock option is an option made up by TPTB at the spur of the moment. Their saftey comes first so says BVM and I can't see competitive teams willing to take the so called penalty. Mel is going to wait to glide because he cannot walk per pulled groin, he has no option imo.
Maybe Cara & Jamie missed out on the better flight?
Could we assume from Seriously Romania's blog that the teams were bunched anyway?

At 4am on Wednesday morning, staying up all night in honor of the US Presidential Election, I found myself at Gara de Nord, Bucharest’s primary train station. Standing outside the locked building was a mix of travelers waiting with luggage, teenagers huffing from plastic bags, sanitation workers sweeping, and various hustlers trying to get money from the people who waited. I, myself, had to dodge a couple of leather-jacketed men who insisted they could put me on a bus to wherever I needed to go, Brasov by noon. Later I watched two nearby couples interact with a younger huffer, laughing uncomfortably as he half sang, half shouted something to them. Meanwhile, taxis kept pulling up periodically, and people with bags would try the locked glass doors without luck. Their attempts were understandable, though, because inside the glass doors were other travelers, miraculously inside the warm(er) building even though it was supposed to be closed until 4:30.

These other travelers were, in fact, the cast and crew of the 14th season of The Amazing Race, filming their way through Romania. I looked inside and watched the teams of two flanked by cameramen and production staff. They all seemed unaware of the motley crowd outside those doors. They talked to each other, milled around, and consulted maps. One particular team of young women looked too manicured for such a contest at such an hour. At 4:20am, the ticket counters opened early for them; the crowd outside moved closer to the locked doors. Ten minutes later, the station’s McDonald’s franchise let the cast and crew inside while keeping the public, now allowed in the building, locked outside. Soon these contestants would be headed out of the capital in search of adventure!

these pictures in pictures from the BB game, hopefully golf shows the full version ..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #211 on: February 21, 2009, 02:19:23 PM »
few more

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #212 on: February 21, 2009, 02:52:43 PM »
And if the Roadblockers took a time penalty then why aren't they taking the gondola back down the mountain with their teammates? They are walking... We see for sure Amanda and Brad on the gondola talking about making the right decision leaving Victoria and Kris to hike/walk.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #213 on: February 21, 2009, 02:58:25 PM »
Thanks puddin, I agree with team bunching later in Bucharest, but of course the train is after their airport arrival.

And if the Roadblockers took a time penalty then why aren't they taking the gondola back down the mountain with their teammates? They are walking... We see for sure Amanda and Brad on the gondola talking about making the right decision leaving Victoria and Kris to hike/walk.

This makes sense to me, I am going to go with a marked path must mean someone in TPTB must have planned for this, so probably no penalty? Hopes so...

This is new, right?

Maybe bunching  in the GONDOLA?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #214 on: February 21, 2009, 03:04:32 PM »
cool golf promo

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #215 on: February 21, 2009, 03:05:35 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #216 on: February 21, 2009, 03:07:16 PM »
Thats Steven squatting in the field

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: February 21, 2009, 03:32:16 PM »
Mel did it. Amanda and Kris and Tammy and Victor are our leg Leaders! Looks like maybe T/V have been and gone?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #218 on: February 21, 2009, 03:34:01 PM »
I'd be curious to see what time Chateau could give us on Mel's landing, pretty please :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #219 on: February 21, 2009, 03:40:47 PM »
Is that the backside of a clue box in that pic in #216?

Floor doesn't look too caked up in the Amanda/Kris shots, need to line them all up, lol!

The sun is going down behind the mt...I wonder how it compares to Linda is still lost in the mts time...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #220 on: February 21, 2009, 03:42:10 PM »
Is that the backside of a clue box in that pic in #216?

Floor doesn't look too caked up in the Amanda/Kris shots, need to line them all uo, lol!

The sun is going down behind the mt...I wonder how it compares to Linda is still lost in the mts time...
Yeah you can see it in the previous picture

« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 03:45:16 PM by puddin »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #221 on: February 21, 2009, 04:24:23 PM »
First my assumptions about this leg of the race.

1) I orginally thought that they would get their cars in Interlaken and that the long drive would space the teams out. Since we know from the promo last week, that they now fly to Munich and get cars, I don't think they will be spaced out very much. It is just a little over an hour drive from Munich to Ruhpolding.

2) It is late fall in Bavaria. Not a lot different than late fall in the US. I am assuming that you will have high and low pressure systems passing through the area. This will have great effect on the wind directions. So I would certainly thing that OASE and TPTB would know this and plan for this contingency. Therefore I do not think the path down the mountain was an afterthought. All those hills have hiking paths on them. That is a lot of the summer tourist things to do, before snow hits the area. Since we found out last year that WRP uses flip flopping production crews, I would assume that the roadblock bypass, so to speak, was incorporated in the plans, in case it was needed. I would assume they use one of the hiking paths that comes down the south side of the mountain. Linda went north and got lost.

3) I had the same first thought......it would be a 4 hour penalty. But the long walk probably leads to that anyway. So there wouldnt be any penalty assessed.

4) I wondered if maybe the earliest teams there, got favorable wind and flew, and maybe that secondary arrivals got stuck with the wind shift. But seeing Tammy race down the hiking path, now it makes me think that no one flies early.

5) In a race down the mountain with several teams starting at the same time, I would have to give the top spot at getting to the landing area to Kris. Even if they are released from the top in some kind of time interval depending on arrival, I would still think he would get to the landing area first. This could explain how they moved up to top 3 teams at the pit stop. From the looks of the floor at the pie throwing, seems that A/K finish second there.

6) We see Linda suited up for flying standing next to Mel. I have no idea if that is before or after she decides to hike down. I do think that, from the comment by the crew member at the pit stop overheard by the Salzburg blogger, that she went all the way back up to the top and then flew down after the wind shift after Mel.

Who is in the pic in 213. My eyes are terrible. Is it Jamie, Jodi and Luke?

« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 04:36:03 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2009, 04:40:33 PM »
6) We see Linda suited up for flying standing next to Mel. I have no idea if that is before or after she decides to hike down. I do think that, from the comment by the crew member at the pit stop overheard by the Salzburg blogger, that she went all the way back up to the top and then flew down after the wind shift after Mel.

When Linda is standing with Mel, I think Mel says other teams are coming. I'd have to go check that again though..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2009, 04:45:23 PM »
It's Linda that says more teams are on the way .......

EP2 preview from CBS! Fly to Munich Germany! .........

What could be more fun than throwing cake in someone's face? This is one of the many challenges the racers have to complete on the next 'Amazing Race'!

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2009, 04:51:20 PM »
I hadn't noticed the mats on the floor at the cake throwing - looks like they have to stand on them when pitching and catching cake. And is that a judge at the end of the tent?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere