Author Topic: BIG BROTHER 11 News  (Read 126813 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
BIG BROTHER 11 News
« on: February 06, 2009, 12:28:17 PM »
Robyn Kass posted a blog today: (she's the casting director for BB)

Hi reality fans.

I'll be guest hosting on a new radio talk show this Sunday (2/10) from 1- 2 PM PST.  It's a call-in talk show focusing on reality casting.  If you have any questions please call in. 

In SoCal, you can listen live on 97.1 FM.  Or you can listen online at http://www.971freefm.com/pages/1925878.php .

Call in numbers are  520-9710 (# works with all LA area codes) or toll free at 888 520-9710.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Robyn

BB 11 casting will begin soon.......

Offline gater948

• RFF Newbie
Re: BIG BROTHER 11 News
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:14:42 AM »
When does BB 11 casting start.. :)

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 11:05:09 AM »
well i read the 2 days late. i love it when she is on house calls..she allways has the best stuff to say.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 02:50:55 AM »
Big Brother Local Casting Call

WLNS TV-6, Lansing, Michigan's CBS affiliate and market news leader, announces that it will be hosting Michigan's only open casting calls for Big Brother 11.

Think you've got what it takes to live in the Big Brother house and win a half million dollars? Apply now to be on BIG BROTHER 11. Big Brother 11 Open Casting Call is Wednesday, April 1st from 5 to 8PM at Eastwood Towne Center, 3003 Preyde Boulevard, Lansing, MI 48912.

Applicants who are interested in trying to be a contestant on Big Brother 11 must be present at the Open Casting Call to be eligible. Eligibility requirements and applications are available at wlns.com. Applicants can bring their own tape to the casting call or have WLNS record one for them at the event. Specific requirements are clearly stated on the application. All applicants who choose to have WLNS record their segment, can purchase a DVD copy for $18 per copy. WLNS will deliver all applicant's tapes and applications to CBS c/o Allison Grodner Productions in the specified format. All applicants must completely fill out the application and must sign the tape log at the event.

Think you might want to show up to watch? Eastwood Towne Center will give away a $250.00 shopping spree to some lucky spectator.

"We are excited to bring this event to Lansing" said Julie Tadgerson, the local CBS Station official. "There are only a few places in the country hosting local casting calls. Lansing currently is the only place in Michigan. We have been receiving phone calls and emails from all over the country regarding the event and that's pretty exciting, considering we have not run a single promotional announcement yet. Somehow the word is getting out that WLNS in Lansing is hosting this casting call. For me personally, if I were eligible (and I am not) to try out for one of those shows it would be the Big Brother! It would the experience of a lifetime to win a half of a million dollars! That would be awesome. Plus, how often do spectators get to win a $250 shopping spree from a cool mall like Eastwood Towne Center?"

http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=9979145

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 03:07:33 PM »
When does BB 11 casting start.. :)

Welcome to RFF gater! Apparently pretty soon!

:bigwelcome
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 09:54:45 AM »
i went to the open casting call in va beach last yr. it was fun..the one here they realy set u up they did the filming for u r tape and even thought i had printd out the app they had thoses allso and they took u r pic and made a packet for u..and sent it to cbs casting for u.. all i did was show up. also they did not have a huge crowd, i was like the third person to get taped and i only got there like 1 hr early if that..so if u r in a casting city go it is fun just to say u did that jmo..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 10:11:08 AM »
i went to the open casting call in va beach last yr. it was fun..the one here they realy set u up they did the filming for u r tape and even thought i had printd out the app they had thoses allso and they took u r pic and made a packet for u..and sent it to cbs casting for u.. all i did was show up. also they did not have a huge crowd, i was like the third person to get taped and i only got there like 1 hr early if that..so if u r in a casting city go it is fun just to say u did that jmo..

I hope you try again Tory!  :yess: Dan tried for several years before he made it and you'd have RFF pulling for you!!!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 12:26:07 AM »
TY TL i would love to do bb. i think dan actuly made it to hollywood 2 x befor he got on the show, i haven't made it out of va beach yet lol..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 11:26:25 AM »
TY TL i would love to do bb. i think dan actuly made it to hollywood 2 x befor he got on the show, i haven't made it out of va beach yet lol..

There's always the next time!!  :tup:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 11:45:29 AM »
Big Brother 11
It's That Time Again!

Big Brother is now entering it's eleventh season and there is great anticipation from the fans.  Many fans have been worried for the past few seasons that Big Brother would soon end it's long run as the best reality TV show of the summer season.  Fear not Big Brother 11 is now casting and will return

Last season Big Brother made a concerted effort to turn away from what had become very extreme and returned to what had made Big Brother a success in seasons one through seven.  Last season may have been the best season ever with the under-rated Dan pairing up with Memphis and making it all the way to the end as the winner.

Most fans will surely agree last season was a season of enjoyable characters, who will ever forget Renny Martyn the eccentric hairdresser from N'Orleans, or Jessie Godderz the self possessed bodybuilder.  The list of great characters seems endless for Big Brother 11, April, Michelle, and Jerry, and the list goes on goes on beyond that.  The comparison to Big Brother 6 is indeed accurate in that both seasons were full of interesting characters with the out come of the show turning on a dime each week.

Never fear, "Big Brother" fanatics! Warmer weather is almost upon us. Big Brother 11 casting calls have begun for every one's favorite summertime guilty pleasure. There have been two casting calls announced so far with more to come:

* California - March 28, 2009 in Los Angeles, California
    * Michigan - Wed, April 1st from 5 to 8PM at Eastwood Towne Center, 3003 Preyde Blvd. Lansing, MI 48912.

If you feel you are what Big Brother is looking for head on out to one of the auditions, if not get ready to enjoy another season of Big Brother.

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3401%3Abig-brother-11-its-that-time-again&catid=85%3Abig-brother-11&Itemid=1

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 02:03:32 PM »
Robyn Kass posted this blog today:

BB casting

We're starting to post new open calls.  Keep checking http://www.cbs.com/casting/ for updated dates and locations.

Mike Boogie and I will be on The Early Show tomorrow (3/19/09) talking about casting.... tune in.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=35090242&blogId=477529034

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 09:00:40 AM »
 :waves:  Hey all you Big Brother fans who want to apply for the show, Chenbot just told everyone on the Early Show to WAVE YOUR FREAK FLAG when you go to tryout. Don't hold back!  :funny: 

Freak Flag

A characteristic, mannerism, or appearance of a person, either subtle or overt, which implies unique, eccentric, creative, adventurous or unconventional thinking.

David Crosby refers to long hair as a freak flag in his song Almost Cut My Hair. "I feel like letting my freak flag fly."

Freak Flag    

Letting loose, being down with your cool self, especially in front of a group of strangers. Your inner freak, that wants to come out, but often is supressed, from social anxiety.

Freak Flag

Your inner party animal. "Letting your freak flag fly" means acting wild, crazy.

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 09:09:36 AM »
Hi Blondie! Good to see you! Love your avatar...

Thanks for the update (I think)!

Can't say I particularly like the sounds of this though...what ever happened to regular people playing a strategy game??

Oh yeah...I forgot...this is BB.... :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 11:09:14 AM »
This came in my google alerts, lol  ..don't beat me if its posted already! :badhorse:

Big Brother 11 Casting on Early Show

Written by Brian Scheffler March 19, 2009 (2 hours ago)

Casting for the 11th season of Big Brother was featured on CBS’ The Early Show Thursday morning. Continue reading for the video.

Casting Director Robyn Kass, Mike Boogie (BB7), and Brian Hart (BB11) joined Julie Chen in Los Angeles to talk about casting for BB11. They discussed tips for sending in an audition tape. Robyn suggests to not have any regrets in your audition and to “wave your freak flag.” Mike says “Big Brother looks more fun than it actually is.”

Julie and Robyn encouraged all interested Big Brother hopefuls to fill out an application and submit a video audition.

http://www.welovebigbrother.com/2009/03/19/big-brother-11-casting-on-early-show/

Offline genesis01419

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 03:48:29 AM »
It's good to hear that Big brother will surprise us again! For all the persons attempting to join in this reality show...GoodLuck!!!!

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2009, 07:57:42 AM »
Julie Chen says they will be picking 10 new big brother houseguests for BB11.  :duno:

Only 10? Maybe they are bringing some people back   :ascared

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 09:15:31 AM »
More BB11 audition cities/dates added....more to come

Saturday, March 28, 2009 — Los Angeles, CA
Exclusive Casting Studios
11AM to 4PM
7700 West Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90046

Wendesday, April 1, 2009 — Lansing, MI
Eastwood Towne Center
5PM to 8PM
3003 Preyde Boulevard, Lansing, MI

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 — Murrells Inlet, SC
Spud’s
5PM to 8PM
4123 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet, SC 29576

Saturday, April 4, 2009 — Jacksonville, FL
Bealls Department Store (Oakleaf Crossing)
11AM to 1PM
8396 Merchants Way, Jacksonville, FL

Saturday, April 4, 2009 — Boston, MA
The Paradise Rock Club
11AM to 3PM
967 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, MA 02215

Saturday, April 4, 2009 — Chicago, IL
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
11AM to 5PM
1 W. Grand Ave., Chicago, IL 60654

Saturday, April 11 - Columbus, OH
Buckeye Hall of Fame Cafe
11AM to 5PM
1424 Olentangy River Rd., Columbus, OH 43212

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 09:54:14 AM »
Julie Chen says they will be picking 10 new big brother houseguests for BB11.  :duno:

Only 10? Maybe they are bringing some people back   :ascared

Julie has been known to throw out general statements about the show that aren't always true. She probably just said 10 with nothing really to back it up.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 09:57:41 AM »

Only 10? Maybe they are bringing some people back   :ascared

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! PULEEEEZEEEE not another twist thingy!!! No friends, ex's, relatives, enemies!

BUT if it means bringing back Janie, yes..bring her back with Howie, Kaysar and James....  :hearts:  (or Dick!) :dick

On the other hand, I might be open to bringing someone's bill collector, something new!  :yess:

:sneak

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 09:54:47 PM »

Only 10? Maybe they are bringing some people back   :ascared

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! PULEEEEZEEEE not another twist thingy!!! No friends, ex's, relatives, enemies!

BUT if it means bringing back Janie, yes..bring her back with Howie, Kaysar and James....  :hearts:  (or Dick!) :dick

On the other hand, I might be open to bringing someone's bill collector, something new!  :yess:

:sneak

:funny:  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I say bring back Howie, Jen, Dick, April, Janie and James     :wohoo:  Boy would the fireworks go off in the house   :yess:

And then bring in their high school rivals, the person they hated the most in high school and still do!   :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Hey puddin, we need a fireworks smilie  :jumpy:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 02:07:35 AM »
Extended listings of casting calls:

Big Brother Open Calls

Saturday, March 28, 2009 from 11AM- 4PM

Spud's
Wednesday, April 1 from 5-8PM
4123 U.S. 17 Business. Murrells Inlet, SC. 29576

Eastwood Towne Center
Wednesday, April 1st from 5 to 8PM
3003 Preyde Boulevard, Lansing, MI 48912

Saturday April 4th from 11am-1pm
8396 Merchants Way. Jacksonville, FL 32222

Saturday, April 4th from 11am to 5pm
1 W Grand Ave., Chicago, IL 60654

The W Sports and Wellness Center
Saturday, April 4th from 10am to 2pm
Wartburg College, 100 Wartburg Blvd., Waverly, IA 50677

The Paradise Rock Club
Saturday, April 4th from 11am to 3pm
967 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215

Roy Arias Studios
Sunday April 5th all day starting at 12pm
300 W. 43rd St. 3rd Fl. Suite 301/A, New York, NY 10036

Cans Bar and Canteen
Saturday, April 11th from 5 9PM 500 W 5th St
Charlotte, NC 28202

Saturday, April 11th from 11am to 5pm
1421 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43212

http://www.cbs.com/casting/

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 11:39:11 PM »
you guys r sooo funny i think every one on this thread should b in lol. i audtioned last yr and would have loved the hg's they picked to live with . but if they pick a bunch of freak flying ppl huuuu no thank you. i don;t think that is what they want though they want more diversity i think jmo they picked dan and jemika cause they wanted some sparks to fly in there on there differing bk grounds in politics, but dan did not go there he just wanted in the house and once he got in he played the best game ever.. if him and jemika had got in to it it would have been bb susicide.again jmo..
ty i love all the former hg's love oh boy janie oh boy howie, BUT i realy want new b's . i like trying to fugure out ther game and that took some of the funn out of the allstares, again jmo..can't wait how many more days????
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 09:22:43 AM »
Updated list...4 more added:

Big Brother Open Calls

Saturday, March 28, 2009 from 11AM- 4PM

Spud's
Wednesday, April 1 from 5-8PM
4123 U.S. 17 Business. Murrells Inlet, SC. 29576

Eastwood Towne Center
Wednesday, April 1st from 5 to 8PM
3003 Preyde Boulevard, Lansing, MI 48912

Republic
Thursday, April 2 from 7 to 10pm
828 South Peters Street, New Orleans, LA 70130

Saturday April 4th from 11am-1pm
8396 Merchants Way. Jacksonville, FL 32222

Saturday, April 4th from 12pm to 6pm
1 W Grand Ave., Chicago, IL 60654

The W Sports and Wellness Center
Saturday, April 4th from 10am to 2pm
Wartburg College, 100 Wartburg Blvd., Waverly, IA 50677

McFadden's
Saturday, April 4th from 4 to 8 PM
134 Second Ave. North., Nashville, TN 37201

The Paradise Rock Club
Saturday, April 4th from 11am to 3pm
967 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215

Roy Arias Studios
Sunday April 5th all day starting at 12pm
300 W. 43rd St. 3rd Fl. Suite 301/A, New York, NY 10036

Shooters North
Thursday April 9th, from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
7742 Forest Hills Rd., Loves Park, IL

Cans Bar and Canteen
Saturday, April 11th from 5 9PM 500 W 5th St
Charlotte, NC 28202

Beef O Bradys
Saturday, April 11 from 12 to 6pm
Tampa, Florida, 33615

Saturday, April 11th from 11am to 5pm
1421 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43212

http://www.cbs.com/casting/

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 12:47:16 PM »
 :groan:  Saw a short commercial last night, just before Letterman, asking people to sign up for the "next" Big Brother cast.   :res:    Here we go again!   :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 12:56:56 PM »
And so it begins....  :hearts: :lol: