Author Topic: Hayden and Aaron TAR 6  (Read 30698 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Hayden and Aaron TAR 6
« on: January 30, 2009, 02:20:59 PM »
January 28, 2009
THE AMAZING RACE’S HAYDEN & AARON OPEN UP ABOUT THEIR DAUGHTER’S CRITICAL CONDITION

Source

The Amazing Race’s Hayden Kristianson and Aaron Crumbaugh were thrilled to learn from an ultrasound that they were going to have a girl when Hayden was 20 weeks pregnant. But their excitement turned to fear when the test also revealed that their daughter had a dangerous birth defect. “I cried for three weeks straight,” Hayden tells In Touch, as she and Aaron open up about a parent’s worst nightmare. Doctors diagnosed the baby with gastroschisis — a potentially deadly birth defect that affects one in 5,000 babies. “Her abdomen had an opening in it which caused some of her intestines to remain outside of her body,” explains Hayden. “It was very scary.”

As soon as Kaiya Rachel was born on December 7, she was whisked away to a stabilization room where a neonatologist was waiting. “Aaron and I didn’t even get to see her,” says Hayden about their 6-pound, 5-ounce bundle of joy. “But as soon as we heard her little cry, we knew she was going to be okay.” But Hayden still had to wait three more days to meet her daughter. “She needed to be transported to Children’s Memorial Hospital,” says Hayden. “Kaiya had about two feet of intestines and a little bit of her colon outside of her body,” adds model/chef Aaron.

Twenty-four days later — on New Year’s Eve — their baby girl was finally released from the hospital. “I can’t even begin to describe the joy we felt bringing her home. We realize how blessed we are,” says Hayden. “

Hayden and Aaron competed on The Amazing Race, season 6, finishing in 4th place. Immediately following their elimination in Xi'an, China, Aaron proposed to Hayden on the Mat at the Great Wall of China in front of Phil Keoghan and all of the show fans watching. They were married on April 21, 2007 in Spokane, WA. Aaron has been working as a chef in Chicago. ---peach

more on gastroschisis: http://www.childrensmemorial.org/depts/fetalhealth/gastroschesis.aspx
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Hayden and Aaron TAR 6
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 02:28:37 PM »

Congratulations to Hayden and Aaron on the birth of their baby girl Kaiya!

Sending them Love and Best Wishes as they start their journey together!

And prayers for her continued recovery...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 02:33:40 PM »

Such a touching article thanks peachy for sharing

Congratulations on their beautiful bundle of joy

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 03:14:24 PM »
Congrats to Hayden and Aaron and God Bless them and their baby girl  :hugs:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 04:18:09 PM »
It's nice to read a happy ending. Congratulations Hayden and Aaron on the birth of your beautiful little girl.  :nuala:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 04:34:41 PM »
Good news to have Kaiya come home. I'm sure she'll grow up to be very beautiful. And have Hayden's voice as well. "Aa-RON!" :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 04:34:58 PM »
This almost made me teary-eyed, which is funny because I never really liked them that much during the race. Congratulations to the both of them, though. :)
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 11:38:51 PM »
This almost made me teary-eyed, which is funny because I never really liked them that much during the race. Congratulations to the both of them, though. :)

Same feelings here.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 12:06:46 AM »
I liked them because I know that the race is tough and all my best wishes too!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 10:06:40 AM »
Same feelings here.
I was quite annoyed with them during the race, but of course, you never want to wish anything bad on them after the race.
Just here to visit.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 10:17:18 AM »
I didn't like them until Hayden had her meltdown in China and yelled "DO NOT GIVE HIM CHINESE MONEY!"
but I'm so glad everything turned out OK for them  :jam:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 01:19:47 PM »
I liked them during the race so the first part of the article made me sad.

But I'm glad their daughter is recovering and I hope their life together continues goes well!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline TARdevotee

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 07:20:45 PM »
I'm glad everything turned out well for them as well!

I actually liked them a lot during the race. I found their bickering to be funny most of the time. One of my favorite memories of them was during the recap episode where Aaron was pushing their stalled car towards an exit or something to meet someone, while Hayden protested and grabbed onto the car trying to stop him from pushing it any further. Good times, haha.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 09:08:19 PM »
That's a nice story!  I am so glad that their little girl is okay.  I liked watching them in season 6.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 10:47:14 AM »
they were the better half of the model alliance
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 01:25:15 PM »
Good for them that their daughter's doing well.  I hope their marriage is just fine, too.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 07:34:01 PM »
Apparently Aaron is competing on the current season of Cutthroat Kitchen on the Food Network.

Hasn't mentioned TAR, but apparently he did mention his past career (pre-TAR) as n underwear model; something that was known when his season aired 10 years ago!
-- theschnauzers

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 10:24:57 PM »
I can't believe I watched them a decade ago...Just wow...............

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 01:40:13 AM »
Apparently the Food Network liked Aaron's two appearances on Cutthroat Kitchen (he won one of them). They invited him to audition for the the 12th season of The Next Food Network Star and he was selected to be one of the contestants. The winner is supposed to get their own show on the Food Network, but that hasn't always happened. Apparently it depends on how thrilled they are with the winner. I believe there are other prizes, but I can't find that information on the show's web page.

They have already aired the first episode and Aaron survived, though he was in the bottom and was up for elimination. He apparently didn't salt him food enough, but they eliminated another contestant that burned his dish. I watched the last half of it and never realized that I had seen Aaron before. Here's an excerpt from a critique of the episode on the Food Network website:

Aaron Crumbaugh:

A chipper former model and family man is our future "meat man" for Food Network? While Aaron's coffee-rubbed steak with chimichurri was a great idea, the judges found it lacked salt. Do you see Bobby’s face when someone forgets to salt food? This self-described "farm boy ... chef ... stay-at-home dad" (whaaat?) needs to reel it in and put it all out there if he wants to cook bison steak for America.

Here's Aaron's bio page on the show's web page:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/food-network-star/contestants/aaron-crumbaugh.html

Here's an article from the Spokane, WA newspaper (where he and Hayden live) about his selection to be on the show and some his cooking tips:
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/may/18/food-network-star-12-staples-aaron-crumbaugh/

EAOWadsy

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »
Good on Hayden & Aaron, I read that they had a daughter but didn't realise of her condition until reading this post. They were a great team full of memorability, such as their first place wins in Iceland and Sweden, their bickering of course, their love for each other and determination to succeed and ultimately their elimination in X'ian promoting Aaron to propose to her. They were one of the best teams that season, and wanted them for an All-Stars edition. The other teams I loved were Lena & Kristy, Don & Mary Jean, Gus & Hera, Jonathan & Victoria (yes you heard me), Lori & Bolo and Adam & Rebecca. Kris & Jon are an honorable mention.