Author Topic: TAR14 EP1: 'Don’t Let a Cheese Hit Me' (Switzerland)  (Read 129482 times)

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Re: TAR14 EP1: 'Don’t Let a Cheese Hit Me' (Switzerland)
« Reply #375 on: February 14, 2009, 08:17:19 PM »

Note that in the background while Mel and Mike are opening the clue envelope, no cheeses are by the shed with the man in the tan coat.  So they must be one of the first teams there.  Later on in another shot of Victor and Tammy running back up the hill, and Mel is on the ground with a broken carrier, we can see the same man by the shed and at least two piles of two cheeses are stacked against the wall.  Later, we have Mel and Mike completing the task and behind them are four stacks of four cheeses each, so we can determine that if Mel and Mike were first at the task, they are now in fifth place when the complete it.

I think that Tammy/Victor and Mark/Mike got to the cheese task first. When we see Mike/Mel and Luke/Margie, the first two teams are climbing the hill to the cheese or at the cheese. So in the vid caps all those teams take two cheese wheels a trip, which means they have to climb the hill a second time. Jamie/Cara take 4 cheese wheels down first trip. So I would think that Mel/Mike arrived 3rd and got passed by Luke/Margie and Cara/Jamie.

Okay, so Cara & Jamie comes in fourth!  I'm pretty happy with that!  And of course Linda & Steve take the train to Sequesterville -- after coming in last to the Pit Stop.

Belle Book

My earlier thoughts are incorrect, Belle Book. I made my order on gingerman's post and not by going back and looking at the vid caps of the cheese stacks. As Neobie said, Mel/Mike are 4th. I appears they arrived at the cheese task in a dead heat with Luke/Margie for 3rd/4th and that Luke/Margie finished the task before them. When Mel/Mike at stacking their 4th cheese wheel, there are 3 not 4 full stacks of cheese wheels on the rack. Sorry for misleading you.
Yeah, I think Cara & Jaime probably land in fifth on this leg.  They seem to get to the task around the time LaKisha & Jennifer do and pass them up there.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #376 on: February 14, 2009, 08:23:58 PM »
Tammy and Victor and Mark and Michael look so intense they are sooo racing for 1st
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #377 on: February 14, 2009, 08:56:53 PM »
short sports promo

<< HQ when ready

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #378 on: February 14, 2009, 09:14:08 PM »
Only new thing is the Jaime/Cara pic! Can't wait for tomorrow!  :wohoo:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: AR14 Timelines, Timetables and Flight Information
« Reply #379 on: February 15, 2009, 12:39:25 AM »
I know the promo wants us to believe that Linda/Steve are hopelessly lost, but based on Neobie's evidence, I'm thinking that that Jennifer/Preston are indeed the ones out. CBS wants us to believe Linda/Steve will be out. It's not always the obvious choice that's eliminated.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #380 on: February 15, 2009, 01:12:00 AM »
probably the wrong thread but we have this fwiw..

Jennifer and Preston have caught up..

this is a race to the pitstop ..

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #381 on: February 15, 2009, 07:20:23 AM »
Because of CBS's Newest release on TAR14 Episode 1 Preview we know the cheese is a additional task!

See the photo's below taken from the cluebox at the bottom of the hill. It is clearly a route marker

Since they get the clue at the bottom of the cheese hill, they must walk up hill to chaotically come down hill with cheese.  It explains why some pictures show team going up hill.

There must be some penalty for runaway cheese.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #382 on: February 15, 2009, 12:07:15 PM »
Mea Cupa, I can't count.  Every one is right there are only  THREE stacks of four cheese each behind Mel and Mike.   :groan:  So Mike and Mel finish the cheese task in fourth spot.

I find it hard to concentrate on  everything just now,  :'(  but looking forward to tonight.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #383 on: February 15, 2009, 12:09:56 PM »
Mea Cupa, I can't count.  Every one is right there are only  THREE stacks of four cheese each behind Mel and Mike.   :groan:  So Mike and Mel finish the cheese task in fourth spot.

I find it hard to concentrate on  everything just now,  :'(  but looking forward to tonight.
You know we love you Gman!  :hugs:  :-* ..........Happy TAR DAY!  :jumpy:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #384 on: February 15, 2009, 12:17:34 PM »
One the fing best days of the year. :yess: :jumpy: :hearts:

It should be a national holiday. :hugs:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #385 on: February 15, 2009, 12:27:03 PM »
Monday,... :'(.., Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, TARDAY

Next week, that is.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #386 on: February 15, 2009, 01:21:33 PM »
Well I don't see a TAR in the media section so I am posting this link here (though probably I have been beat to it), never mind found the damn section!

Aint it cool features a small article with a few spoilers in it.  Here
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40133.

I can't believe they got rid of the CGI plane in the opening, damn it.  I am really, really curious about the opening (I miss the plane).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 01:26:07 PM by mswood »

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #387 on: February 15, 2009, 01:34:13 PM »
According to Aint it Cool news the team eliminated is mere seconds behind the next team, so that photo (unless their is something else that I haven't seen) could be the last two teams in a race to the mat.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #388 on: February 15, 2009, 02:13:23 PM »
What will they do instead? A horse and buggy?
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #389 on: February 15, 2009, 02:18:04 PM »
Camels?  or what an Ox, a beautiful Ox.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #390 on: February 15, 2009, 02:19:16 PM »
Well I don't see a TAR in the media section so I am posting this link here (though probably I have been beat to it), never mind found the damn section!

Aint it cool features a small article with a few spoilers in it.  Here
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40133.

I can't believe they got rid of the CGI plane in the opening, damn it.  I am really, really curious about the opening (I miss the plane).

* There’s more crying when the first team hits the finish line than when the last team does.

* The ending is quite exciting. The last-place team hits the finish line only seconds after a not-last-place team.

:ascared

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #391 on: February 15, 2009, 02:21:50 PM »
peach already posted this but I'm going to repost here

Monday .......

'Amazing Race' Eliminated Couple: Hear more insider stories about 'The Amazing Race' when Bonnie talks with the most recently eliminated couple
http://www.bonniehunt.com/

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #392 on: February 15, 2009, 02:23:00 PM »
Yeah I know (though I posted my opinion in the wrong thread, I think there is a good possibility that those are teams 10 and 11.  I would also then picture the bother & sister as possible bigger criers then the two guys for first (though who knows).

Gosh I would just die if I actually got the link that spoiled the ending of the first episode.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #393 on: February 15, 2009, 02:30:04 PM »
TV Review
The Amazing Race
Few things signal 
a fine new season of The Amazing Race better than when a contestant yells the words ''Don't let the cheese hit me!'' and you don't laugh but rather fear for his life.

·Steve and Linda, married and self-
proclaimed Virginia ''hillbillies'' who do a lotta yellin' and cryin'.

'' Phil is the TV industry standard for pure ham-on-wry. Even the ''hillbillies'' agree: ''I love the eyebrow!'' says Linda, when Keoghan raises it to convey his signature expression of amused dubiousness — or is that dubious amusement?

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20258483,00.html

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #394 on: February 15, 2009, 02:33:15 PM »
Damn it I want to be right.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #395 on: February 15, 2009, 02:41:38 PM »
if I were a betting wo'man I'd bet Linda and Steven are safe ...........neener

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #396 on: February 15, 2009, 03:13:33 PM »
CBS's promos in the last 3 seasons have been anything but tricky. I still say Steve & Linda are out first.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Re: TAR 14 in the Media/News/Videos
« Reply #397 on: February 15, 2009, 03:18:20 PM »
* There’s more crying when the first team hits the finish line than when the last team does.

* The ending is quite exciting. The last-place team hits the finish line only seconds after a not-last-place team.
Sounds like Tammy's going to do some serious crying, assuming she and Victor are at the top of the pack by this point, and they either win the leg or take a very close second behind Mark & Michael.

As for the last-place team, that might explain the picture of Christie & Jodi and Preston & Jennifer.  Maybe the flight attendants just beat out the daters, with the latter going home first.  And if so, it sounds like Steve & Linda could be safe on this first leg!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:43:28 PM by Ashe »
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #398 on: February 15, 2009, 03:23:53 PM »
Well I think 4 teams made that 9:03 train. Victor/Tammy, Mark/Mike, Mel/Mike and Luke/Margie. They were all seen together at the cheese task. We know that Preston/Jennifer, Lakisha/Jennifer, Brad/Victoria, and Cara/Jamie. They were all seen at the cheese task too. That leaves Jodi/Christie, Amanda/Kris, and Linda/Steve.

Puddin said that Preston/Jennifer had caught up. Jennifer could be on her second cheese and Amanda on her first. So Preston/Jennifer could really be ahead. I think it will be determined on what trains the last 7 teams get on. If they are on the same train to Interlaken....it will be wild finish. It will be fun watching.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Re: TAR 14 in the Media/News/Videos
« Reply #399 on: February 15, 2009, 03:27:45 PM »

Sounds like Tammy's will be doing some crying, assuming she and Victor are at the top of the pack by this point, and either win the leg or come in a very close second behind Mark & Michael.

As for the last-place team, this might explain the picture of Christie & Jodi and Preston & Jennifer.  Maybe the flight attendants barely beat out the daters, with the latter team going home.  If so, Steve & Linda could really be safe on this first leg!
Jamison