Author Topic: Pre TAR15 Discussion  (Read 85168 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: TAR 15!!
« Reply #250 on: May 27, 2009, 03:49:29 PM »
Seems to me this thread has gotten way, way off subject.  The subject is TAR15! and we seem to be doing a lot of speculation that has nothing to do with what, when or where TAR15 may be starting or where it may be going.  For all we know so far, TAR15 will have nothing to do with All Stars or all female teams or all male teams or all who knows teams.

Any ideas of who, where, what, or why would be appreciated.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: May 27, 2009, 10:44:44 PM »
As usual, gman is the Voice of Reason. Thank you, sir! :tup: :tup: :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: June 01, 2009, 12:41:19 PM »
Anybody know who runs this blog?:

http:// realityracers.blogspot.com   <--- don't click on this

It just seems to re-quote TAR stuff - like posts at RFF without much direction. Its really annoying when I'm sleuthing blogs for real TAR 15 info.  :meow:
Even more annoying when it posts stuff I wrote without attribution! :gaah:

Are they just using the Amazing Race tag to attract visits and drive up the ad revenue?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2009, 01:26:06 PM »
Anybody know who runs this blog?:

http:// realityracers.blogspot.com   <--- don't click on this

It just seems to re-quote TAR stuff - like posts at RFF without much direction. Its really annoying when I'm sleuthing blogs for real TAR 15 info.  :meow:
Even more annoying when it posts stuff I wrote without attribution! :gaah:

Are they just using the Amazing Race tag to attract visits and drive up the ad revenue?

I saw that and almost wondered if it was you! :funny: Since they made it sound exactly like it was their own words.  :meow:

That's the "He who knows" guy I think.... :lol: who manages to post a fair bit of incorrect info. But since there is no contact info, all you can do is leave a comment. 

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #254 on: June 01, 2009, 04:43:36 PM »
okay to take it one step farther ............

"The Amazing Race" In Mexico
Published by: Tim Longpre

We all love reality TV? Who doesn't? Well guess what? One of the most challenging and adventurous reality TV shows is coming to Mexico! Yes, yes...it is The Amazing Race. For any of those who do not know about this game show, here is a little information. The Amazing Race is an American reality game show which has even won an Emmy for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program. In this game a number of teams of either four or two members race around the world against the other teams. The team that finally wins the race receives $1,000,000 as a reward. This reality TV game show has been on air since the year 2001; and since then its format has not changed much.

The format of this game show starts in United States where all the teams gather up and then have to follow a set of clues and instructions that lead them around the world. All the teams are given a limited amount of money to cater to their needs and since they are always on the move they carry very few possessions with them. The money that each of these teams is allotted is also used for all the traveling purposes except for their air-line tickets which are bought by the credit cards issued by the production of the game show. Many different countries and cities have been filmed during the wild escapades of these different teams. And now rumor has it that this amazing game show is coming to Mexico as one of the stops.

With the rampant hue and cry about the "flu", Mexico could certainly make use of some very positive publicity. A game show of this stature would not even consider Mexico if it wasn't safe. Let's just hope that they come to Puerto Vallarta. Therefore, this is another way of showing all the prospective tourists that Mexico is safe for travel. But coming back to the game, the producers of this game show have started a poll online, and have left it to you, the general public to cast their votes and decide which country should be featured in their upcoming season. This program will bring abundant economical stability to Mexico which has been suffering because of all the negative publicity.

http://www.sooperarticles.com/news-society-articles/international-articles/the-amazing-race-in-mexico-3645.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #255 on: June 01, 2009, 05:56:45 PM »
It won't be the 20th G-Man, thats the Emmy's!!

I still think late June-early July, like last time....

Emmys are moved

THE "61ST PRIMETIME EMMY(R) AWARDS" TO BE BROADCAST LIVE ON SUNDAY, SEPT. 13 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
One Week Earlier Than Previously Announced

CBS’s broadcast of the 61ST PRIMETIME EMMY® AWARDS has been rescheduled for Sunday, Sept. 13 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT), one week earlier than the previously announced date. 

"The new date moves the Emmys away from a weekend where CBS has an NFL doubleheader, which can delay the start of prime time on Sunday." said Jack Sussman, Executive Vice President, Specials, Music and Live Events, CBS.  "This is better for the live event, the broadcast and our audience at home."

The original date for the broadcast was set prior to the NFL releasing their 2009 television schedule.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: June 01, 2009, 07:00:34 PM »
okay to take it one step farther ............

"The Amazing Race" In Mexico
Published by: Tim Longpre

We all love reality TV? Who doesn't? Well guess what? One of the most challenging and adventurous reality TV shows is coming to Mexico! Yes, yes...it is The Amazing Race. For any of those who do not know about this game show, here is a little information. The Amazing Race is an American reality game show which has even won an Emmy for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program. In this game a number of teams of either four or two members race around the world against the other teams. The team that finally wins the race receives $1,000,000 as a reward. This reality TV game show has been on air since the year 2001; and since then its format has not changed much.

The format of this game show starts in United States where all the teams gather up and then have to follow a set of clues and instructions that lead them around the world. All the teams are given a limited amount of money to cater to their needs and since they are always on the move they carry very few possessions with them. The money that each of these teams is allotted is also used for all the traveling purposes except for their air-line tickets which are bought by the credit cards issued by the production of the game show. Many different countries and cities have been filmed during the wild escapades of these different teams. And now rumor has it that this amazing game show is coming to Mexico as one of the stops.

With the rampant hue and cry about the "flu", Mexico could certainly make use of some very positive publicity. A game show of this stature would not even consider Mexico if it wasn't safe. Let's just hope that they come to Puerto Vallarta. Therefore, this is another way of showing all the prospective tourists that Mexico is safe for travel. But coming back to the game, the producers of this game show have started a poll online, and have left it to you, the general public to cast their votes and decide which country should be featured in their upcoming season. This program will bring abundant economical stability to Mexico which has been suffering because of all the negative publicity.

http://www.sooperarticles.com/news-society-articles/international-articles/the-amazing-race-in-mexico-3645.html

the thing in bold refers to TARLA
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2009, 07:51:57 PM »
Yeah I figured its TARLA .. this is how rumors start for our race.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #258 on: June 01, 2009, 07:56:05 PM »
Yep TARLA.

But hmmmm on the Emmy's!!  Would they start us out on the NFL double header? Where is Ken?? ???

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #259 on: June 01, 2009, 08:09:47 PM »
TAR 13 premiere was delayed almost 30 minutes thanks to football overtime :meow:

Week 2 - Sunday, Sept. 20 (Doubleheader)
New England @ N.Y. Jets 1 p.m.
Cincinnati @ Green Bay 1 p.m.
Houston @ Tennessee 1 p.m.
Oakland @ Kansas City 1 p.m.
Pittsburgh @ Chicago 4:15 p.m.
Baltimore @ San Diego 4:15 p.m.
Cleveland @ Denver 4:15 p.m.

http://www.cbssports.com/cbssports/schedules/page/nfl

and on another note BB11 finale is projected Sept 15th but is subject to change and my point is that CBS will need something to fill that time slot the following Sunday.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #260 on: June 01, 2009, 08:18:26 PM »
I don't care when we start as long as we do start, and football was great for our ratings last time, so maybe the 20th after all?? :hearts:

It does kind of surprise me they can just up and reschedule the Emmy's thugh, that is a pretty big deal.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: June 01, 2009, 09:24:05 PM »
I don't care when we start as long as we do start, and football was great for our ratings last time, so maybe the 20th after all?? :hearts:

It does kind of surprise me they can just up and reschedule the Emmy's thugh, that is a pretty big deal.

the emmy rescheduling was done because of stupidityt by the emmy people. cbs always has the doubleheader week2

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #262 on: June 02, 2009, 05:46:21 AM »
That is correct. But also checking the schedule, CBS has the doubleheader in Week 3 as well.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Pre TAR15 Discussion
« Reply #263 on: June 02, 2009, 10:54:39 AM »
Would suck for our race to premiere on the 20th .. .same night as the highly rated primetime Giants and Cowboys game on NBC .........

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: June 02, 2009, 03:29:22 PM »
I think TAR will premiere on September 27. That's my speculation.
Just here to visit.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #265 on: June 02, 2009, 06:17:08 PM »
Could it even premiere on the 13th?  Season 10 premiered on the 17th.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:20:31 PM by Snooky101 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #266 on: June 02, 2009, 06:20:16 PM »
Could it even premeire on the 13th?  Season 10 premeired on the 17th.
The 13th is now where the Emmy's moved Snooks.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #267 on: June 02, 2009, 06:22:49 PM »
Could it even premeire on the 13th?  Season 10 premeired on the 17th.
The 13th is now where the Emmy's moved Snooks.
Oh, than I am guessing that they would have it premiere on the 27th.  More viewers...

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR 15 Spoilers
« Reply #268 on: June 03, 2009, 09:34:14 AM »
Yikes - we may have our first spoiler for TAR 15!

http://www.arcoproperties.com/blogs/main/PermaLink,guid,ff0ba46c-746c-4cdc-8413-93292152d1ff.aspx

Tuesday, June 02, 2009
Panama Cinema Events: Casco Antiguo Shooting

Casco Antiguo, Panama
Panama, Casco Viejo

By Iranovy Grenald

(Article excerpt from la Prensa and Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia)

As many people know Casco Antiguo has been selected as scenario for several shootings before; like commercials, movies (James Bond), mini series (Prison Break), and among another thing. "The American Race" is the next reality show that will use around ten Panama scenarios including Casco Antiguo, Tocumen Airport, and Convention Center Parking Atapla, Stairs of the Canal Administration Building, Rail Container Terminal, Miraflores Locks and the Emberá Katuma Community in their production.

"The Amazing Race" is a big challenge to the producer Jerry Bruckheimer and the creators Elise Doganieri and Bertram van Munster due to its premise being a race around the world. During the Race, the camera crews need to keep up with the movement of the teams and the host. Phil Keoghan has been the host of the show since its inception and the Emmy-award-winning New Zealand television personality.
The recording team for this reality show will be a group of 80 persons and 40 of them will be Panamanian. The Ministry of Commerce and Industry estimated that they will invest around fifteen thousand dollars in our country for this production.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Re: TAR 15 Spoilers
« Reply #269 on: June 03, 2009, 09:53:20 AM »
Wow! Could this be actually true??? Yay if it is!!

But if filming haven't started yet, they (TPTB) may always switch the location/countries if this blog spoils everything...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #270 on: June 03, 2009, 09:56:47 AM »
MUCH more likely to be TARLA....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: June 03, 2009, 10:06:46 AM »
MUCH more likely to be TARLA....
You're probably right.  :-[

Here is the Google translated newspaper article from http://mensual.prensa.com/mensual/contenido/2009/05/14/hoy/vivir/1784748.asp

Panamanian producers choose scenarios
HELKIN GUEVARA
hguevara@prensa.com

Panama is still recording the scene for productions of different genres. A documentary, a reality show and a new short films are touching the door of the country, according to the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MICI).

At the end of this month, U.S. scientists, in conjunction with the Smithsonian, in Coiba filmed a documentary on the hammer head shark, a species that meets in the vicinity of the island.

Meanwhile, the participants will arrive in June of reality show The Amazing Race, in which competing groups of people and have different challenges in the world scenarios. This reality is also winner of numerous Emmy Awards. "Coming from 30 to 40 people, as recorded in the Casco Viejo scenarios, the locks of the canal and other areas of the capital. It is estimated that about 25 thousand dollars invested in the days that extends the shooting, citing a press release dated Micio.

The other production is a short film called The Witch of Panama, the French producer Andres Peyrot, said Luis Pacheco, co-producer of the project. "Once it is recorded [in June] is prepared shooting a film called The price of paradise," he adds.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #272 on: June 03, 2009, 12:48:28 PM »
I agree with Peach that it is most likely Amazing Race Latin America. I considered whether might be one scenario for AR15 visting Panama that makes sense,  the ELIMINATION STATION lodgings. Casco Antiguo is a historic hotel that is being converted to 34 condo units in Casco Viejo, Panama City. Since those renovations are just starting and only 4 units are completed, the probability of anyone staying there before completion is remote.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: June 04, 2009, 06:49:10 AM »
The potential start time for AR15 is upon us. From today for 31 days is the likely window for AR15 to start. Let's have all travelers be vigilant about watching for evidence of it whenever they go.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #274 on: June 04, 2009, 07:08:08 AM »
The list of unlikely locations if they're starting this month, based on recommendations to avoid non-essential travel (the terminology is disputable and the definition vague, but I'm sure TPTB will stick to whatever is safest):

Area-specific community spread
Canada and Chile
Kobe and Osaka, Japan
Victoria, Australia (sorry Coutzy!)

Decreasing spread
Mexico

Widespread cases
In general, travel can proceed with precautions but consider deferring non-essential travel, especially:
- For those who are at higher risk of severe illness
- When onward travel may result in quarantine
USA

Hmm?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 07:23:54 AM by Neobie »