Author Topic: Pre TAR15 Discussion  (Read 85306 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 15!!
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2009, 04:52:46 PM »
Wonder if swine flu  :rfth: will effect the route that TAR 15 takes or could even delay production?

The WHO and others are issuing travel advisories - at least for Mexico. I wouldn't expect them to be lifted for at least a month or two.

I heard they've been discouraging travel to/from the U.S. as well, so probably we'll get a delay. Or maybe The Amazing Race: Pandemic Edition!
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2009, 05:34:45 PM »
Wonder if swine flu  :rfth: will effect the route that TAR 15 takes or could even delay production?

The WHO and others are issuing travel advisories - at least for Mexico. I wouldn't expect them to be lifted for at least a month or two.

I heard they've been discouraging travel to/from the U.S. as well, so probably we'll get a delay. Or maybe The Amazing Race: Pandemic Edition!

Or maybe TARFE II.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2009, 10:05:04 AM »

Or maybe TARFE II.
SHUN THE NONBELIEVER!!!
SHUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!!!
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2009, 05:35:42 PM »

Or maybe TARFE II.
SHUN THE NONBELIEVER!!!
SHUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!!!
This is no joke!
 :umn:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2009, 08:25:48 PM »
The only thing we can do is to pray. PRAY guys, PRAY!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'(

I want TAR 15 on my television by September, so please I'm begging...

But there is still a possibility that they go to only one continent: ASIA!  :lol: okay... 2 , include Africa or other parts of Europe which has no swine flu yet...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2009, 09:59:15 PM »
Let's all take a deep breath (heee) and relax about the swine flu, okay? there is no need to panic. There have been other outbreaks during TAR seasons, (SARS, birdflu)  so let's just take it easy and keep expecting the best.  We'll have plenty of time to discuss this closer to the dates if needs be.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2009, 10:09:56 PM »
Besides, there may be a vaccine by the time TAR 15 starts shooting.
Just here to visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2009, 10:25:52 PM »
I would love for them to go to Africa. I'm starting to miss Africa after the lack of that continent for the last 2 seasons.

And Asia, what do i have to say? Please come to Singapore and stop shunning us!!! :funny: Singapore has NO Swine Flu, for now. LOL!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2009, 10:27:45 PM »
They went back to China and we all know that SARS was rampant there a few years ago.
Just here to visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2009, 10:53:51 PM »
They went back to China and we all know that SARS was rampant there a few years ago.

No more China for TAR 15! :funny:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2009, 11:19:07 PM »
This swine flu thing is being extremely overreacted to by most countries. I don't think it's a big deal for those who aren't in Mexico.

There has only been one death in the US (don't know much about other countries): A Mexican child who went there to get treatment. I think most people are okay for now. No need to panic. :tup:

It's been artificially engineered for the purpose of helping vaccine industries anyway. They will want a pandemic. (:;)
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2009, 11:27:29 PM »

If my memory serves me right...  :lol:

I didn't think they went to China back when SARS was rampant... That was as I have recalled, Seasons 3 - 5, With an almost 1 year of no TAR...

TAR went back to China in the 6th season - when the SARS threat was little by little being disregarded already...

Let's just pray!  :jumpy: :hearts:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2009, 08:15:57 AM »
I understand that they TAR didn't go to Communist China when SARS was rampant, I meant to write that that they returned there after the threat had passed. TAR is not going to harm the racers, unless CBS specifically asked for a human sacrifice, then that's different.

But again, I don't think TAR will go to Mexico and when the show starts taping, most likely in June or July, the Swine Flu situation should be in hand. The big thing at that time will probably be a Lindsay Lohan car chase or High School Musical scandal. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2009, 08:59:01 AM »
The first cases of SARS occurred around Nov. 2002 and most people considered the crisis over by July 2003.

TAR 4 filmed around Jan/Feb 2003 - before SARS had really hit the news - fortunately they didn't go to China that season. TAR 5 was a year later.

My concern is that WRP may have already planned the TAR 15 route and now have to change it - which could cause delays.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2009, 09:11:29 AM »
I understand that they TAR didn't go to Communist China when SARS was rampant, I meant to write that that they returned there after the threat had passed. TAR is not going to harm the racers, unless CBS specifically asked for a human sacrifice, then that's different.

But again, I don't think TAR will go to Mexico and when the show starts taping, most likely in June or July, the Swine Flu situation should be in hand. The big thing at that time will probably be a Lindsay Lohan car chase or High School Musical scandal. :lol:

Now I think that the whole "swine flu" is exaggerated by those countries (even here in our country, every day the whole week, the major headline is about swine flu, Yahoo, its swine flu, tv, its swine flu. I also think that they already have the vaccine, and will be moneymaking for it.

Anyway, back to TAR...

Most Asian countries have no indications of swine flu (I don't know but could it be related to the extreme amass hot weather?) so if that happens, let's prepare to see China, India and Thailand again next season...

And I don't think BVM's done scouting with race locations yet. Usually, an interview usually lands about the next season when BVM is out of the country scouting for locations... but I think a draft of the route may be actually be done...

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2009, 11:52:49 AM »
BVM can change on the fly if he has to. Don't worry about what countries TAR will go to. He's very good at avoiding trouble spots.
Just here to visit.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2009, 11:59:48 AM »
Or inflicting the TAR curse on them so they become trouble spots... :neener:

I'm thinking we might get a delay, but hopefully it all blows over soon!

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2009, 01:08:13 PM »

By TAR curse - do you mean Nina Tassler?  :badhorse:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2009, 05:20:06 PM »
Well, we all know how tough Nina Tassler is. Just last night, she walked over seven broken glass bottles with her bare feet and never got a scratch.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2009, 06:44:48 PM »
*snort* :lol:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2009, 07:05:29 PM »

Or maybe TARFE II.

BLASPHEMY!   ... a POX on your house......    (:;)   :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2009, 07:10:46 PM »
You all are cracking me up today  :lol: ..what the whack is going on around here?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2009, 07:14:14 PM »

Like a cyclone you mean??

:funny: :funny: :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2009, 11:05:52 PM »
Or maybe TARFE II.

A TARFE II would be good. BUT, provided they really do a family race AROUND THE WORLD and not just in the USA. :groan:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2009, 11:21:05 PM »
 :lol: noooooooo
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.