Author Topic: Pre TAR15 Discussion  (Read 85735 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 15!!
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2009, 07:43:38 PM »
Again, I'm going to try to predict when they might start filming TAR 15 by analyzing past dates. Sorry if this is a bit nerdy...
My guess makes a few assumptions:
TAR 15 premiers on September 20.
WRP needs an average of 112 days to edit. I fudge the edit days to 107 to fit a Friday start. (Note - the days to edit column is calculated from the start date to the air date.  I should probably throw out the edit days for TAR 1 when calculating the average.)
Race will start on a Friday.
Racers have already been selected - the auditions they did in April and May were to promote TAR 14 (and Phil's MS Ride).

So my guess - Friday June 5.

Please feel free to discuss :word:

Race   Start Date                                                                     End Date                                         Dur. Air Date   Edit Days
TAR 15 Friday    2009-06-05                                                           Friday    2009-06-26                              22   2009-09-20 107
TAR 14 Friday    2008-10-31  Los Angeles, California, (Los Alamitos Naval Base)       Saturday  2008-11-22   Maui, Hawaii               22   2009-02-15 107
TAR 13 Tuesday   2008-04-22  Los Angeles, California, (Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) Wednesday 2008-05-14   Portland, Oregon           22   2008-09-28 159
TAR 12 Sunday    2007-07-08  Los Angeles, California,  (The Playboy Mansion)          Sunday    2007-07-29   Anchorage, Alaska          21   2007-11-04 119
TAR 11 Monday    2006-11-20  Miami, Florida, (Charles Deering Historic Estate)        Sunday    2006-12-17   San Francisco, California  27   2007-02-18  90
TAR 10 Saturday  2006-05-27  Seattle, Washington, (Gas Works Park)                    Saturday  2006-06-24   New York City, New York    28   2006-09-17 113
TAR 9  Monday    2005-11-07  Morrison, Colorado, (Red Rocks Amphitheatre)             Saturday  2005-12-03   Morrison, Colorado         26   2006-02-28 113
TAR 8  Thursday  2005-07-07  New York City, New York , (Brooklyn Bridge)              Sunday    2005-07-31   Lewiston, New York         24   2005-09-27  82
TAR 7  Saturday  2004-11-20  Long Beach, California, (Queen Mary Museum Ship)         Sunday    2004-12-19   Fort Lauderdale, Florida   30   2005-03-01 101
TAR 6  Friday    2004-08-13  Chicago, Illinois, (Buckingham Fountain)                 Sunday    2004-09-12   Chicago, Illinois          30   2004-11-16  95
TAR 5  Friday    2004-01-30  Santa Monica, California, (Santa Monica Pier)            Friday    2004-02-27   Dallas, Texas              28   2004-07-06 158
TAR 4  Saturday  2003-01-18  Los Angeles, California, (Dodger Stadium)                Friday    2003-02-14   Phoenix, Arizona           27   2003-05-29 131
TAR 3  Friday    2002-08-09  Everglades National Park, Florida                        Saturday  2002-09-07   Seattle, Washington        29   2002-10-02  54
TAR 2  Tuesday   2002-01-08  Pahrump, Nevada                                          Tuesday   2002-02-05   Marin County, California   28   2002-03-11  62
TAR 1  Thursday  2001-03-08  New York City, New York, (Central Park)                  Sunday    2001-04-08   New York City, New York    31   2001-09-05 181

Most frequent start days:
Sunday -1
Monday - 2
Tuesday - 2
Wednesday - 0
Thursday - 2
Friday - 4
Saturday - 3

Most frequent end days:
Sunday - 6
Monday - 0
Tuesday - 1
Wednesday - 1
Thursday - 0
Friday - 2
Saturday - 4

Average edit days - 112

the emmy's are on sunday night september20th on cbs

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2009, 07:46:33 PM »
I'm guessing end June/early July again....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

DavidJunior

« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2009, 03:07:35 AM »

Early July?!

I'll be in Ecuador in July!!!

In Guayaquil to be exact (a large metropolitan area in South America that has not been visited by the race yet)

So, I will gladly keep my eyes peeled for any race action while in Ecuador

Who knows? I may bump into some teams in a connecting airport!

Unfortunately, even if I do find something, I will not be able to post you guys anything until I get back (July 24th)....

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2009, 05:48:30 AM »
If they begin on June I can try and spoil central europe :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2009, 05:58:29 AM »

Unfortunately, even if I do find something, I will not be able to post you guys anything until I get back (July 24th)....

You can call me collect  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2009, 07:13:57 AM »
walkingpneumonia, I agree with you on a September 20 preimere. I also agree that early June is the most likely start date. I come at it a different way than you. My rationale is that Phil has to recover from his recent bike ride and that will take weeks, about 4 weeks(including AR15 pre-race responsibilities that may be done from his Los Angeles area home) from May 8. That brings me to, amazingly, June 5.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:38:37 AM by apskip »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2009, 07:55:27 AM »
And a probable Los Angeles/SoCal start.
Just here to visit.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2009, 09:01:16 AM »
the emmy's are on sunday night september20th on cbs
You're right - I missed that. So I'm changing my premiere date to September 27 since I don't think they would premiere on the 13th then skip a week on the 20th.

And I think "Premiering on September 27th - the Emmy award winning Amazing Race" sounds better!

I don't think I'll move my race start date from June 5 though - if I was WRP I'd want to make sure the race was finished before July 1 - since that's when most of the northern hemisphere starts to take vacations and travel around much more.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2009, 10:30:55 AM »
I would also agree with a September 27 season premiere, lately, TAR premieres were due late September to late October.

June 5 - 6 or the next week of that seems ideal for filming... So we should all keep an eye out on all airports, blogs and photos of the Race... what makes it worse is that many other local 'ala' race shows from different worlds seem to be filming too XP...

It would be very obvious (weren't other seasons also obvious?  :funny:) if they shoot it during July, when everybody in the world (except the Philippines) is jumping from country to country for a vacation.

Ending TAR 14 makes me so much eager for TAR 15 already!!!  :lol:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2009, 11:43:01 AM »
June 5 - 6 or the next week of that seems ideal for filming... So we should all keep an eye out on all airports, blogs and photos of the Race... what makes it worse is that many other local 'ala' race shows from different worlds seem to be filming too XP...

Particularly TARA4, which is in the works and looks really similar to our TAR (I still remember the speculation about Prague being in TAR12/Croatia being in TARA2).

NoluckBoston

« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2009, 05:54:11 PM »

Particularly TARA4, which is in the works and looks really similar to our TAR (I still remember the speculation about Prague being in TAR12/Croatia being in TARA2).

I will have to keep my eyes out! I will flying out of O'hare back home to Boston on the 6th.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2009, 06:02:32 PM »
GO TO MALTA!

DavidJunior

« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2009, 12:09:25 AM »
GO TO MALTA!

ooh!!! Good one!

But, it shall only be great if they do another Sicily leg with it... :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2009, 12:35:16 AM »
^^Why not go to Sardinia? They've already been to Corsica & Sicily anyways, so why not?
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2009, 03:49:55 AM »
GO TO MALTA!

They should visit Tunisia again and then go by ferry to Malta!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2009, 08:18:50 PM »
I will pray that this race is able to bring self-driving and a larger race course back! And also not go to Russia again (we need a change). But India is still okay, most likely, since I liked the TAR14 India leg.

Oh! And also not stay in the same country for more than one or two legs!

My list is getting long! :umn:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2009, 10:42:35 PM »
The reason why we probably liked the India leg in TAR 14 is because for the first time, teams seemed to be enjoying the culture and tradition of India (Speedbump by Christie and Jodi and one of the dancing Detour) instead of complaining about the place. Although Jaime did complain abit about the cabs, but even their team cried when they saw how the kids there were picking rubbish and eating it and then commenting about how they are appreciative about their life now.

Well, i don't care where they go (SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE SINGAPORE..).. but please.. let it be in September or what. Life is seriously dying and so boring without TAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i hate it when they show TARA and TAR together. Why can't they show TARA between Jan to March, then TAR between Apr to June, then TARA between July to Sep, then TAR again between Oct to Dec?? THEN WE'LL HAVE TAR ALL YEAR ROUND. ISN'T THAT GREAT???? :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2009, 02:26:22 AM »
No Singapore unless they let me/Joab/someone who actually knows this place plan the leg!

It cannot afford any more humiliation! *car wash/running around fountains/manatees/phone product placement*

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2009, 04:12:53 AM »
I wouldn't mind they go back to the Philippines as long as:

1. It's in a major city NOT Manila, i.e. Cebu or a major tourist spot, i.e. Baguio.
2. There are no islands (The producers managed to make the waters of Malaysia/Philippines/Thailand/Vietnam/Cambodia look alike to me)
3. The tasks are not very generic.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2009, 07:50:01 AM »
No Singapore unless they let me/Joab/someone who actually knows this place plan the leg!

It cannot afford any more humiliation! *car wash/running around fountains/manatees/phone product placement*

I FULLY AGREE. OMG.

There's so many things about Singapore that can be done, like spotting a clue from the Singapore flyer (it's lame, but it's still better than washing a car), maybe some tasks which involve finishing up some local food.. (durain, spicy food) or even retrieving a clue in the Underwater World or what.. i still can't believe they just ran to the fountain to collect a clue. Anyway, Neobie.. do you agree that what's the point of going to the zoo in TAR 3.. without even visiting Ah Meng the Orang Utan? It's the pointless...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2009, 07:51:23 AM »
I wouldn't mind they go back to the Philippines as long as:

1. It's in a major city NOT Manila, i.e. Cebu or a major tourist spot, i.e. Baguio.
2. There are no islands (The producers managed to make the waters of Malaysia/Philippines/Thailand/Vietnam/Cambodia look alike to me)
3. The tasks are not very generic.

YES I FULLY AGREE TOO.

Cebu is such a beautiful place, same with Davao (cleanest city IMO) and all they like to visit is Manila. *rolleyes*

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2009, 08:17:37 AM »

I FULLY AGREE. OMG.

There's so many things about Singapore that can be done, like spotting a clue from the Singapore flyer (it's lame, but it's still better than washing a car), maybe some tasks which involve finishing up some local food.. (durain, spicy food) or even retrieving a clue in the Underwater World or what.. i still can't believe they just ran to the fountain to collect a clue. Anyway, Neobie.. do you agree that what's the point of going to the zoo in TAR 3.. without even visiting Ah Meng the Orang Utan? It's the pointless...

THIS. I haven't been to Singapore, but I can safely say:
Underwater World >>> Suntec City Fountain
orangutan interaction >>> manatee non-interaction OR finding Phua Chu Kang (who I believe wasn't even the real one)
eating Singaporean food >>> washing cars at Caltex
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2009, 09:06:36 AM »
Phua Chu Kang (who I believe wasn't even the real one)

He's the real one.. just that why find a local celebrity to go on TAR when you have so many good things about Singapore? Why bother to promote the "Singlish" (look up wikipedia if you don't know what it means) culture when we're a country so rich in culture and diversity even as a young nation?

What about her history? They can even make them find the statue of Sir Stamford Raffles.. rather than collecting some clues at random places which people don't even know. And the pitstop at Mount Faber where at that location that they chose wasn't even sightseeing over the entire city?

The Singapore leg in TAR 3 was screwed and i seriously hope they come back again and let the world see clearly what Singapore has to offer. This is a callout to TAR producers!! :funny:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2009, 09:06:15 PM »
Phua Chu Kang (who I believe wasn't even the real one)

He's the real one.. just that why find a local celebrity to go on TAR when you have so many good things about Singapore? Why bother to promote the "Singlish" (look up wikipedia if you don't know what it means) culture when we're a country so rich in culture and diversity even as a young nation?

What about her history? They can even make them find the statue of Sir Stamford Raffles.. rather than collecting some clues at random places which people don't even know. And the pitstop at Mount Faber where at that location that they chose wasn't even sightseeing over the entire city?

The Singapore leg in TAR 3 was screwed and i seriously hope they come back again and let the world see clearly what Singapore has to offer. This is a callout to TAR producers!! :funny:
I would love to see Singapore again!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
I'd love to see Singapore and the Philippines again... however, I think TAR producers are not that psych for them because I THINK, Singapore and Manila (Philippines) are too western for Asian tastes, well, Singapore may be much more reduced because of the mix of Malay and Chinese and Indian influx, but Manila/Cebu/Davao though - it feels more like visiting South America (which by no offense - I never liked SA legs) .

I live in Manila and have been to Cebu, likewise, I could not think of any place that would practically induce a harsh culture shock to the teams (other than making them carry the local roast pig called lechon... which was already done in a hawaiian setting  :funny:) It seems for me, Philippines and it's history seem to bland for Asia's (I personally would prefer studying Asian history, American history - than Philippine history though)

Lastly, Singapore and Philippines may be the easiest legs to win in Asia, because of many people being able to speak in English - TPTB and WRP would want teams to have a hard time, like Thailand, China or India because of the evident culture that appears through our television.

On a personal note, If I were American, watching TAR, I wouldn't be culturally shocked seeing buildings, malls forts, and churches, where I could easily go to Mexico and Peru and see the same old stuff... unlike China, India, Thailand and Vietnam, where we could evidently see the culture and the sights that is well very different - like temples, pagodas and the scenery.

OMG... I feel such a traitor for saying these things, but it's my analysis why the Philippines (and Singapore) are not on the list of TAR's to go to country list. If there is something offensive here for my Singapore and Filipino readers and friends, I'm sorry!

**I cannot speak more about Singapore, because I haven't been there and based on the pictures and TAR 3, I can see that it is a very developed and global city. It seems that TAR is picking places where teams will get culturally shocked and not see those stuff in their own backyard.