Author Topic: TAR 14 in the Media/News/Videos  (Read 31885 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 14 in the Media/News/Videos
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2009, 12:06:11 PM »
Bonnie Hunt, we will have to wait until Friday to see the Amazing Race winners on her show.

Friday, May 15, 2009

"The Amazing Race" Winners: The race is now over, and Bonnie is pleased to welcome the winning team! Hear about how the end went down -- and what they plan to do with that million-dollar prize!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2009, 12:12:37 PM »
Do any of you follow Josh Wolk's recaps at EW? This guy makes me "pee" my pants  :lol:

Urine It to Win It

Jaime continued her love affair with the world's taxi drivers. Considering how difficult a time she and Cara were having even finding a cab, I'm even more convinced that there's an international dispatcher who has put out a worldwide APB to all cabbies to beware of and avoid two redheads in a green jacket. One cabbie who made the mistake of picking them up looked terrified after he realized his mistake: When Jaime leaned over the seat with her clue gnome, he recoiled as if she'd just produced a fistful of anthrax. Perhaps after this show the fear of Jaime will spread to all workers, let alone cabbies, and long after the show has ended everyone will still duck when they see her coming. Jaime will not be able to so much as enter a Banana Republic without every salesperson leaping behind a rack of khakis and hiding until she goes away.

Meanwhile, Jaime and Cara seemed to still be a lost cause. They resourcefully told a cabbie to take them to the opera by pretending to sing…and then he dropped them off at the wrong opera house. Realizing their mistake, they yet again had to struggle to find a taxi, at one point yelling, ''Emergency! Emergency!'' into the window of an empty cab. This cabbie had gotten the warning about Back Luck Redhead, and drove away. When they finally got a cab, we got the first in a series of 18 or so shots of Jaime ranting in the back while Cara gazed out the window, attempting to find her Happy Place. 

Luke applied Margie's powder like he was painting a picket fence. And she got frustrated saying, ''Will you stop with the white?'' and ''He made me look like Alice Cooper.'' Actually, she looked like she had just head-butted the corpse of Tammy Faye Bakker. 
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20276352,00.html

:funny:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2009, 08:36:19 AM »
'The Amazing Race' Reaches the Finish Line

There were only three teams left Sunday night on CBS' Emmy-winning show "The Amazing Race," but one team beat out the competition in the exciting season finale!

Siblings and Harvard Law graduates Victor and Tammy Jih, crossed the finish line before the other two teams; former NFL cheerleaders Cara Rosenthal and Jaime Edmondson, and the show's first deaf contestant Luke Adams and his mother Margie.

The teams left Beijing and headed to Hawaii for the last set of challenges which included sorting through surfboards that represented different parts of the competition, and luau preparations involving pigs!

After completing the final challenge and jumping in a taxi, Victor and Tammy earned bragging rights as well as the $1 million prize.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/05/73822/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2009, 09:44:52 AM »
Thanks Will! Heee...I have that exact picture in my camera!!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2009, 07:59:35 AM »
Looks like the Philiminator is on the cover of The Hollywood Reporter.
I haven't read it yet - something about comparing Phil  :tup: and "he who's name we don't speak"  :meow: from "the other show we don't mention".
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2009, 02:09:13 PM »
EW ranks reality tv and they rank TAR #2 right behind Survivor.

20 Best Reality-TV Shows Ever

2. THE AMAZING RACE (CBS, 2001-present)
The global dash has taken home six Emmys for its nail-biting challenges, superior production values, and far-flung destinations. All this, and the family-friendly hit remains must-see without relying on sex appeal or mean-spiritedness.
Best season: 2 Chris and Alex passed the bickering Tara and Wil in a final sprint to the finish line.

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20282498_20282501_20282998_18,00.html