Author Topic: Promo Screencaps  (Read 83973 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Promo Screencaps
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2009, 10:56:24 PM »
You get the feeling looking through albums like this that the paraglider may as well read "Your Ad Here." I'll stick with Switzerland and Ep 1.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2009, 10:58:48 PM »
Cakes & Beer...Detour? or perhaps the cakes are part of a FF
To early for a FF don't you think?  plus at least 2 teams doing the cakes.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2009, 10:59:05 PM »
Cakes & Beer...Detour? or perhaps the cakes are part of a FF
To early for a FF don't you think?  plus at least 2 teams doing the cakes.
perhaps they're competing for it?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 11:08:58 PM by cdfe88 »
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2009, 11:35:13 PM »
Hmmm...but this doesn't fit w/ Muerren does it? :duno:
As Askip said, Muerren (Mürren) is a wee way out of Interlaken. I have been searching in both German and English, but for the moment at least, I have drawn a complete blank on cheese makers actually in Matten bei Interlaken.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2009, 11:36:50 PM »
What about in Obermaiselstein? I am puzzled by the parachute co being from there.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2009, 11:40:27 PM »
You get the feeling looking through albums like this that the paraglider may as well read "Your Ad Here." I'll stick with Switzerland and Ep 1.
Search youtube Paragliding in Interlaken Switzerland and I'd have to agree and WOW those videos are awesome!

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2009, 11:45:00 PM »
What about in Obermaiselstein? I am puzzled by the parachute co being from there.

I honestly don't think they have time to get to Germany. If you remember the cars seen in Salzburg had number plates from Stuttgart (where the Mercedes Factory is in Germany). It is possible that production could have done some creative rearranging, and hired the gear from Germany so they could do the para gliding in some remote location rather than using a commercial company in Interlaken itself...for that matter, the cheese could be a setup too :duno:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2009, 11:47:47 PM »
This is for Boingo  :sucks
Göschenen

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2009, 11:57:42 PM »
One thing that's bugging me is the lack of visible snow. Interlaken is in the valley of quite a mountainous area. In November, I would have expected there to be lots of snow on the surrounding peaks at least. Mr Shrek was working in Thun at the other end of the lake at the beginning of December a couple of years ago and has some spectacular photos. He was also passing thru Munich at the beginning of Dec 2008 - just a couple of weeks after this filmed - and there was ground level snow.

All the cheese sites also talk about taking the cows up into the alps to eat the mountain grass in summer as the snow recedes, then descending to the valleys for the winter.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2009, 12:01:16 AM »
The cows seem to come home in October...  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2009, 12:08:56 AM »
speaking of cows  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2009, 12:22:34 AM »

And just to say that finding one STOP on 100 zillion train lines in Switzerland is amazing,  :wtg: Boingo! :jam:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2009, 12:32:37 AM »
Did the teams split up? Nijjy saw teams on the western run (Domodossola>Spiez>Interlaken), and Boingo spotted the Munoz bros.  :yess: on the eastern run (Bellinzona>Lucerne>Interlaken). System map here (430kb pdf).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2009, 12:35:33 AM »
what we assume is Switzerland/tasks

Bungee=Roadblock
Cheese= team of 2 = detour
Segways= team of 2= detour or task to get a clue?
Paragliding maybe detour?

anyone want to play google earth for the plaza pattern? lake?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2009, 12:45:35 AM »
It is just too much. I don't see paragliding and bungy in the same episode, Austria needs the paragliding...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2009, 12:57:52 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2009, 01:07:46 AM »
Salzburg
cakes?
and
mountain climbing?

Regarding the gory slime: at first, I thought they'd been involved in a Halloween event even though it was Nov. 3. Halloween is celebrated here but not like it is at home. They sell some "Scream" masks in the stores--that's about it. Anyway, my wife guessed that they could've been taking part in some local custom, maybe something with beer brewing or cheese making. BUT the woman in the car I first saw as well as the older man and woman whom we saw at Hellbrunn had the stuff on them in places you'd figure you would clean up right away, like on your face. It's almost as if they were made up like that and were expected to leave it on. But again, I have no proof. There was some slime on one of the cars that I passed by. I should've taken a sample! By the way, the team of two women appeared to have no slime on them whatsoever which would imply they had a choice in a previous activity. A Detour?

As I thought more about it today, I do remember a crew member saying something about climbing a mountain earlier in the day. Something how his team person saw arrows pointing downward, but she thought it was a trick, so she went back up the mountain. Again, that was a fleeting conversation and I may be messing up the details.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2009, 01:11:24 AM »
climb to paraglide? or cheese?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2009, 01:17:06 AM »
climb to paraglide? or cheese?
No, no cheese in Austria! Slowhatch's Matten bei Interlaken is a match *we need a cheese emote*  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2009, 01:21:05 AM »
found this in Interlaken, must be where the travelocity gnome hibernates off season

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2009, 01:31:40 AM »

I haven't found anything yet, but the stone pattern seems to match better with Domodossola rather than any of the Locarno and Interlaken photos I've seen
when flocks of cameras and people got on in Domodossola, Italy.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2009, 01:33:09 AM »
Did the teams split up? Nijjy saw teams on the western run (Domodossola>Spiez>Interlaken), and Boingo spotted the Munoz bros.  :yess: on the eastern run (Bellinzona>Lucerne>Interlaken).

Could the Munoz bros have taken the wrong train? Cos that route looks a lot longer :duno:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2009, 01:37:09 AM »
Maybe the teams had to gamble which train to get on?  :duno:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2009, 02:16:17 AM »

I haven't found anything yet, but the stone pattern seems to match better with Domodossola rather than any of the Locarno and Interlaken photos I've seen
Actually thats a very sharp eye you have there Mrs Shrek, the Piazza Domodossola match's great but the buildings don't match the chalet type in the photos but still very nice catch! But I have not seen all of Domodossola, yet ......

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2009, 02:33:20 AM »

Actually thats a very sharp eye you have there Mrs Shrek, the Piazza Domodossola match's great but the buildings don't match the chalet type in the photos but still very nice catch! But I have not seen all of Domodossola, yet ......

yeah the building behind her in this shot  looks Swiss, and I can't find that damn pond/lake anywhere, but Italy was the best match on stones. Trouble is that it is in the south, and not at a very high elevation so unlikely to have ground snow fall (yes I'm obsessed with the snow).  None of the other shots have ground snow except the boys crossing the pass in the train, and Salzburg was snow free too so it has to be somewhere alp-ish, although there the small possibility that it could be further on, Romania or even Siberia??