Author Topic: ♥♥♥ TAR 14: Linda & Steve Cole - Married  (Read 32620 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
♥♥♥ TAR 14: Linda & Steve Cole - Married
« on: January 26, 2009, 08:54:24 AM »
Biography
Linda Cole (52); Steve Cole (43)
Hometown: Martinsville, Va.
Occupation: Linda (Customer Service Supervisor); Steve (Carpenter)
Relationship: Married

This husband and wife team met when Steven went with a date to Linda’s house for a party. Linda asked her brother to keep his date occupied while she asked Steven out. They have been together ever since and married for 17 years. They both have children from previous marriages, but treat all of them as their very own.

Linda is nine years older than Steven. She describes herself as smart, hard working and adventurous. Steven loves traveling, making and posting videos online, recycling scrap metal and fishing. He is a Virginia Master Angler. He describes himself as a perfectionist and creative. His one setback is that he suffers from claustrophobia.

Both Linda and Steven are well traveled. The two had a very scary experience traveling through Guatemala where they were robbed of all their money and identification. Luckily they were resourceful enough and found their way back to the states without too much hassle.

Together, they are excited for new experiences that will expand their horizons. They love to compete and are looking forward to sharing this once in a lifetime experience together, while making new friends along the way. Look for the other Teams to completely underestimate these two, but with Linda's analytical mind and Steven's ability to problem solve they could do well.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:15:47 AM by puddin »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 14: Linda & Steve Cole - Married
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 09:03:06 AM »
Linda is nine years older than Steven.

You go girl!  :jam: For sure David & Mary vibes!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 09:17:43 AM »
They look like a very loving couple but i have a feeling they might be the very first team eliminated?

I hope not. I kinda think they are sweet people! :wohoo:

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 09:19:25 AM »
They look like a very loving couple but i have a feeling they might be the very first team eliminated?

I have the same exact feelings about them.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: • TAR 14: Linda & Steve Cole - Married
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 09:22:47 AM »
Yea, i'm normally quite right about first team eliminations.

From Debra/Steve, Avi/Joe, Ryan/Chuck, John/Scott, Bilal/Sa'eed to Anita/Authur.. i've been right and although they sure look like being the first team eliminated.. i seriously hope i'm wrong because they're really a sweet couple.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 09:23:46 AM »
Not gonna happen. I can’t see these two making it particularly far, unless they can form some sort of Six-Pack alliance (Do we know who I think these guys model after yet?) Like David and Mary showed us in all stars, these guys can’t cut it on their own.

PREDICTION: 11th

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 11:31:57 AM »
Aww, they are so cute together! And yay for a Virginia team! As Mary and David showed us, these guys can surprise us all! Can't wait to see how they do! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 12:37:12 PM »
They do have travel experience which might help them. I think I'll like them.
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 12:57:31 PM »
I will like them but there are minimal chances for them!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 01:34:55 PM »
Nice, people, but I don't think they'll last. Although, I don't think they'll be the first eliminated, but just because of good luck.
Pred: 9th or lower
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 07:03:39 PM »
Somehow they will stick around, but not as long as David & Mary. The other teams will help them, which will be part of the reason they will last.

Prediction: 7th place finish
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 07:09:06 PM »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 09:17:59 PM »
yeah, not really feeling them. Not untill the promos came out did we even know about them! I see an early elimination, 11th or 10th.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 02:22:37 AM »
Aww, they are so cute together! And yay for a Virginia team! As Mary and David showed us, these guys can surprise us all! Can't wait to see how they do! :hearts:

In all fairness, David and Mary were carried a long way by the Cho Bros.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 02:34:27 PM »
They were. I too think 1st or second boot as a prediction!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 09:23:46 PM »
My, does Steve have a long neck in that last picture.  He's practically a giraffe!

That said, first or second team gone.  Maybe third, if they're lucky enough.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 10:08:29 PM »
My, does Steve have a long neck in that last picture.  He's practically a giraffe!

I think they are just adorable and I love them! Real people! I hope they go far!!  :jam:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 06:43:22 PM »

I think they are just adorable and I love them! Real people! I hope they go far!!  :jam:
Oh, I think they're adorable, too.  I just don't think they have it in them to last very long.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 06:16:43 PM »

That's very true. They were very lucky not to get eliminated on Leg 1. If it weren't for Vipul & Arti's bad taxi, they would have been gone then, and nobody would have been so in love with them like they are now.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 08:25:16 PM »

That's very true. They were very lucky not to get eliminated on Leg 1. If it weren't for Vipul & Arti's bad taxi, they would have been gone then, and nobody would have been so in love with them like they are now.
Remember how they were on All-Stars?  I find it hard to believe anyone would still be in love with them now.
Jamison

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 08:44:15 PM »
:ot: ^^

back to so sweet Linda and Steve:

I have to say I hope they ROCK this first leg just so they can go  :neener: :neener: to all the doubters!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 09:10:55 PM »
:ot: ^^

back to so sweet Linda and Steve:

I have to say I hope they ROCK this first leg just so they can go  :neener: :neener: to all the doubters!  :hearts:
yeah that peach! Rock on Linda and Steve!!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 09:12:47 PM »
Same here. I am unfortunately hoping for a Preston and Jennifer elimination so hope they do make Leg 2!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 09:33:39 PM »

Remember how they were on All-Stars?  I find it hard to believe anyone would still be in love with them now.
Considering that they're going through some hard times, I still have some major love for them.
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 11:25:53 PM »
Do y'all agree with me that this will be there photo that airs in the little intro segment at the start that says '12 teams of 2 etc'. I couldnt remember what its called so I will call it their intro segment shown on every episode