Author Topic: ♥♥♥ TAR14: Amanda Blackledge & Kris Klicka - Dating  (Read 55810 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: ♥♥♥ TAR14: Amanda Blackledge & Kris Klicka - Dating
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2009, 10:10:14 PM »
They're a loving couple. :hearts:

And :funny: at Kris for mixing up "The Real World" with "The Amazing Race".

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2009, 07:14:37 AM »

TV GUIDE EXIT INTERVIEW:

Amazing Race's Amanda and Kris: We Got U-Turned Because We Were "the Ultimate Threat"
Mar 9, 2009 11:30 PM ET by Joyce Eng

Sunday's Amazing Race 14 introduced a new twist to the globe-trotting series — the blind U-turn, which ultimately eliminated dating couple Amanda Blackledge and Kris Klicka. Though they didn't know it at the time, unsuspecting mother-son duo Margie and Luke pulled the dirty deed on them. Just how dirty was it? Read on to find out, and also to get their response to Jaime and Cara's taunting.

TVGuide.com: When did you find out it was Margie and Luke who U-Turned you?
Amanda: We found out about a weekend later when we were sequestered. But what they didn't show was the reason why we initially thought it was Jen and Kisha. The day before, we were eating lunch with the cast at a restaurant in Romania and the cast was split up into two tables. Afterward, when we were walking back to our room, Luke and Margie approached us and said, "Hey, just so you know, everyone at our table was talking about the U-Turn and every single team said they wouldn't use it, including us, but Jennifer and Kisha said, 'You'd be stupid not to use it. We'd definitely use it if we have a chance.'" So naturally, that was the first thing we assumed because of what we were told the day before. When we found out it was Luke and Margie, it's like, "Why did they have to go out of their way to make up a story to tell us?" At the end, we told Jen and Kisha, and they said Margie's story was completely untrue.

TVGuide.com: Did you ever think they were lying to you?
Kris: No. We had spent a lot of time with them. We had layovers together. We've sat down hours with these people, but it was a complete shock.

TVGuide.com: Have you talked to Margie and Luke about it?
Amanda: We talked after the Race and they just said, "We're sorry." Apparently they had an alliance with Victor and Tammy, and the redheads [Jaime and Cara], and I guess they all agreed that whoever got to the U-Turn first would do whatever it took to protect the other teams. But Tammy and Victor [who got to the U-Turn before Margie and Luke] didn't do it, so I dunno.

TVGuide.com: Did you think you would get U-Turned?
Amanda: We had it in the back of our minds. We knew we were a really strong team and therefore a threat. We went from fifth place to third place to second place. In every single task except for the last episode, we blew through everything. I think we were starting to look like the ultimate threat, and I knew we were in the back [of the pack], so I knew it would make sense to get U-Turned.

TVGuide.com: Besides having to do both tasks, you took a while find the house. How far did that set you back?
Kris: Well, we had to find the place with the little workshop first and that was clear across from the other side of the village, so it took time to get over there. We got there, Mark and Mike, and Mel and Mike were there, and I guess Mark and Mike had been there for hours because the map they gave us wasn't very good. It was tough to find it with that and then we had to put together our shutters too. We ended up only 10 minutes behind the short guys [because] of their [negotiating about fare for the] cab and they took a while figuring out "Chekhov" from the Roadblock. I got that pretty quickly.

TVGuide.com: Did you think you had a chance of beating them on the way to the Pit Stop, or that maybe this will be a Non-Elimination Leg?
Amanda: When we arrived, we were 99 percent sure we were last, but we weren't sure if it was Non-Elimination. Not only were we hoping, but we kind of convinced ourselves that it was going to be Non-Elimination. Because the U-Turn was thrown in and it was the fourth episode and there hadn't been one yet, we were hoping it would be.

TVGuide.com: Why did you decide to switch after your wood fell?
Amanda: Once it fell the second time, I was like, "Kris, let's not even think about it. Let's just do it." It took so long and we couldn't waste time there.
Kris: We were like, "We can go put up some shutters and be done," but we got U-Turned and went back to the wood, which only took about 10 minutes that time. [Laughs]

TVGuide.com: Amanda, when you were stacking, Jaime and Cara made fun of you about ordering Kris around and you not doing anything. What's that about?
Amanda: That was very bothersome. It was disappointing because I was always giving 110 percent.
Kris: She physically couldn't do any more because the wood got so high that she couldn't reach. Honestly, it made more sense for her to hand to me, and our strategy was to have her pick out the flat pieces to lie on the side to make it more sturdy. We were working together very well on that.
Amanda: And bending over, picking up a piece of wood, handing it to Kris is just as much work as him taking it from me and putting it on the pile.

TVGuide.com: Now that you guys are gone, all the couples have been eliminated. Is it not the season for couples?
Kris: I guess not! [Laughs]
Amanda: I think it's just coincidence. A lot of people we've done interviews with have mentioned a lot of couples in the past don't do too well, but I think we were different in that aspect. We didn't really argue. We have a perfect balance of personalities, but it was just unfortunate.

TVGuide.com: What are you up to now? Are you still together?
Amanda: Definitely. I still have less than a year left of school and I want to get that done before I get engaged or anything. We're traditional in that aspect. Kris graduated last June and even though we're back from the Race, the economy's so bad he hasn't found a job, so we're trying to find him a job! [Laughs] Get some money so we can afford a ring, let alone a wedding!

TVGuide.com: Will you invite Margie and Luke to your wedding?
Kris: [Laughs] I'm going to probably go with no.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/amazing-races-amanda-1003854.aspx?rss=breakingnews
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2009, 08:56:07 AM »
I disagree with K&A's point of view on the first two interviews, I don't think Margie & Luke really wasted their U-Turn. It would've been wasted had they not been eliminated. But since the U-Turn's purpose was accomplished, it was a good investment imo.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2009, 08:57:59 AM »
I disagree with K&A's point of view on the first two interviews, I don't think Margie & Luke really wasted their U-Turn. It would've been wasted had they not been eliminated. But since the U-Turn's purpose was accomplished, it was a good investment imo.

I agree fully, but i guess what they meant was Margie and Luke gain nothing from U-TURNing them for that leg because they were in the front pack. But in the long run, it was a good investment like what cdfe88 said.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2009, 12:57:02 PM »

I agree fully, but i guess what they meant was Margie and Luke gain nothing from U-TURNing them for that leg because they were in the front pack. But in the long run, it was a good investment like what cdfe88 said.
Agreed.  I think, despite what they say, they're still harboring a bit -- just a bit -- of bitterness about getting U-Turned right out of the race.

Still do like them, though, even if they were a tad dull.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2009, 01:18:09 PM »

I love these guys, and really admired how well they worked together! The exact opposite of  a "bickering couple" thank goodness!

Fancast Exit Interview:

The Amazing Race: Kris and Amanda Would Have Won If It Weren’t For That Meddling Luke

The Amazing Race’s Kris and Amanda seemed to have every possible advantage in the competition.  They are young, in fantastic shape, and, perhaps most important, have a healthy, functional relationship.  Unfortunately, the other teams felt the same way.  So depending on how you look at it, deaf recent college graduate Luke either tarnished his halo or displayed keen strategic instincts by blind U-turning the duo.  Kris and Amanda ultimately couldn’t make up for last time.  The two chatted with fancast about their regrets and why they’re convinced that, if it weren’t for that U-turn, they’d be a million dollars richer.

How far behind the other teams were you when you got to the Pit Stop?

Amanda: We weren’t ever really sure.  We thought that they were way ahead of us when in fact production mentioned that it was a difference of about ten minutes.  We’re not sure if that’s accurate but it looks about right.  It looks like Michael and Mark got held up because they had to beg for money to pay their taxi.  We didn’t know that.  Rebuilding the wood stack took more than ten minutes so we definitely wouldn’t have come in last if we didn’t get the U turn.

When did you realize that Luke and Margie were the ones who U-turned you?

Kris: We didn’t find that out until we went to sequester.  The team that arrived after us told us.  Until that point we were in the dark.  We thought it was Kisha and Jen because in Romania we’d gone out to lunch. Afterward Margie came up to us and told us that at her table Kisha and Jen were talking about how if the U turn came up they were definitely going to use it.  Margie was telling us they thought they wouldn’t want to use it because it’s a low blow.  So we thought it was Kisha and Jen for the longest tome and feel bad now.

Amanda: That’s why Margie and Luke were the last team we assumed would do something like that. Literally the day before she went out of her way to tell us she would never use it.  That’s very unnecessary.  Why would you go out of your way to make a point then turn around and do the opposite? That was hard for us to grasp.  Later on they apologized and she told us that her reasoning was that she was only speaking for herself not Luke.

Why do you think they selected you out of all the teams that were behind them?

Kris: I think they saw us as a threat.  When Luke put our picture up there he said that we were strong.  I think that was his motivation.  Plus for some reason they had this huge alliance with the redheads who were struggling at the wood pile.  They thought that by u-tuning us they’d give the red heads a shot at staying in the race.

Amanda: But it turns out the redheads actually finished the task and we didn’t so they really didn’t need to U turn us.

Sounds like you two still harbor a bit of animosity about the U-turn.

Amanda: You try not to take it personally but what you have to realize is we were already in last place.  We looked at the board and as soon as we saw our faces we knew there wasn’t a chance.  Of course you’re going to be a little bitter in the heat of the moment.  This is a race for a million dollars.  There are countries we’re missing out on going to.  We forgive them but like I said it’s kind of hard to grasp because it cost us so much.

Kris: It sucks losing the race not because of something we did but because we got U turned.  I think we would have won the whole thing because we were really getting the ball rolling and working together really well.  I think at that point it was a bummer because it’s not like we were making all these huge mistakes.

Amanda, during the wood stacking task, the other teams characterized you as standing around while Kris did all the work.  Was that accurate?

Amanda: Absolutely not! I was really bothered by those comments.  What happened was we were both stacking but then the wood got to a point where I couldn’t reach the top.  Kris is almost a while foot taller than me.  So it really was a disadvantage to be short.  Then we realized that we had to put certain shaped pieces of wood in certain areas in order to make it work because it had to be perfect. So Kris and I decided together that it would be smartest and fastest if I picked out the specific pieces of wood that we needed and handed them to him.  Then he could place them. It just came across as me not doing anything.  They shouldn’t have been concerned with what other teams were doing.  I thought that was kind of unnecessary.

Kris: For the record, Amanda was kicking ass.

Why was it so hard for everybody to find the house where you were supposed to install the shutters?

Kris: The map that they gave us for that was not every good.  It has a little red dot and there were a bunch of lines for little street areas but the street areas weren’t accurate.  It was a crapshoot on which street to take a right on so we were walking around going up every street but at the same time we were carrying the ladder and all the shutters.  It was a big pain in the butt.

Amanda: It was hard too because Mark and Mike had been there for hours before we got there. So when we arrived Mark and Mike are explaining to all of us that, “We’ve looked everywhere.  We don’t know where to go.” We’d be walking and they’d be like, “We already went down that street.” So it was a question of whether we break off and go down that road and try and recheck or do we go to the areas that they haven’t checked yet? It was difficult and the stuff was so heavy and the big boots they provided didn’t even fit.  There were so many factors of the confusion there.

What moment of yours on the Race do you wish had made it on to the television show?

Kris: I wish they’d showed more of the interactions between the teams.  There was a lot of really cool stuff on train rides and taxis.

Kris: In the very first episode when Kris was getting strapped in to do the bungee jump I couldn’t talk to him at that moment because he was getting lectured by the trainers on what he was supposed to do.  Mel came up to me and Preston and Jennifer and asked if he could borrow twenty Swiss francs because they had the money and it was in U.S. dollars.  Jennifer and I both said yes because he had the money he just didn’t have it on him.  I gave him the francs.  Jennifer and Preston didn’t have the change so they couldn’t help him out.  Kris and I were the only ones who lent someone money and they never showed it at all.  I think that shows a lot about a team.  We were trying to help them out.  They were nice.

Kris: They also didn’t show that I wasn’t very happy when I got back.  I was like, “That’s the dumbest thing you could ever do.”  At the end of the leg when we got to the Pit Stop we had run out of money for our taxi.  We checked in then went back to beg for money to pay for our taxi.

Who did you consider to be your biggest competition on the Race?

Kris: Before we left L.A. we weren’t allowed to talk to any other teams but we were observing everybody else.  We actually thought that Jennifer and Preston were our biggest threat because they were the same type of group as us: the strong male and the girl.  We thought we had the best balance because he’s got all the physical assets and I can keep up with him.  Also we’re both really smart.  We both are natural leaders.  For all we knew, they were the same way.

Kris: I never really saw anyone as a threat.  I looked at it like, “We’re going to go through and kick butt.”  I think the Race is 80% luck based on getting the right taxis and flights.

After you were eliminated, who were you rooting for?

Amanda: We started to root for Mike and Mel just because they’re such good guys.  They were so nice to us.  At one point on a plane I was sitting next to Mel and I felt really nauseous.  He was rubbing my back, trying to give me food and help me out.  They were in it to win it like anyone else but they weren’t mean to anyone.

Kris: They were in it for the fun and the adventure. We were too.  A lot of the other teams were more cutthroat.

How did going on the Race change your lives?

Amanda: It’s an experience we’ll never forget.  It’s something we did together.  It will forever be the craziest thing we’ve ever done.  It will be something we can tell our children about someday.  I think that’s what’s important.

Kris: I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

What advice would you give to future racers?

Kris: Do not trust anything that you hear.  There were so many things we heard from people that we believed which is something I am so mad at myself for doing.  I should have known better, like with the whole Margie thing. During the beginning of the Race there was a rumor that the blondes were working by themselves.  They didn’t want to work with anyone.  That was a rumor we heard.  It wasn’t true.  As a result in the last episode I said they were untrustworthy.  I shouldn’t have made those assumptions.

Kris: Stay calm and collected.  Sit back and enjoy what’s going on rather than getting annoyed and flustered.  A lot of teams get so wrapped up in the moment.  One of things we did really well was stay calm.

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/the-amazing-race/the-amazing-race-kris-and-amanda-would-have-won-if-it-werent-for-that-meddling-luke/

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2009, 08:21:32 PM »
An interview with Amanda and Kris:

Amanda and Kris don't make the cut in Siberia

Amanda Blackledge and Kris Klicka appeared to be unstoppable when the fourth leg of The Amazing Race 14 kicked off. But, when the young couple got to Siberia and realized that another team had taken advantage of a new twist in the game — the blind U-turn — their hopes of winning the race were quickly dashed. "We were working really well together, but at that moment everything fell apart," Kris tells In Touch. Even more upsetting was finding out that their friends Margie and Luke were the team that U-turned them. "We were completely shocked," Amanda tells In Touch. "We definitely felt like it was a low blow," adds Kris.

What was your first impression of Siberia?
Kris: It was cold and everyone there drank a lot. In the airports, you'd see people drinking booze at 5 in the morning!
Amanda: That's one of the first things we noticed.
Kris: Also, the people were really nice everywhere we went. It was a very interesting culture to see.

Did you drink with them?
Amanda: No, no no.
Kris: All we wanted to drink was water at that point.

How did you feel when you found out that Margie and Luke were the team that U-turned you?
Amanda: We were completely shocked. We didn't find out until a week later, when the next eliminated team showed up at elimination station and they set the record straight and told us who had done it. We were totally stunned.
Kris: We definitely felt like it was a low blow.

I guess they felt threatened by you.
Kris: If you noticed when they put the picture of us up on the U-turn board, Luke did comment about us being really strong. So, I think that was their motivation for doing that. And they also wanted to make sure that Cara and Jaime would get through the wood task. I guess they U-turned us because they were looking out for the redheads.

They knew that you two would win if they didn't stop you.
Kris: We felt that way, too. We were working really well together and it just seemed like at that moment everything fell apart.

Did running the race bring you closer together as a couple?
Amanda: I definitely think it did. I mean having that shared experience will always be with us. This is something we can tell our children and grandchildren about some day.
Kris: Yeah, when she graduates and I get a job, we'll definitely start talking about getting married.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/2009/03/amanda_and_kris_dont_make_the.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2009, 08:24:40 PM »
Another interview:

The Amazing Race: Amanda & Kris Talk About U-Turn

College student Amanda Blackledge, 23, and her boyfriend, Kris Klicka, 25, a recent graduate trying to find a job in communications or media, were the fourth team eliminated from The Amazing Race 14. Strong competitors, they were delayed after a missed connection in Moscow and then brought down when slapped with a U-turn by Luke and Margie. The couple of more than three years talk about facing the U-Turn, why they were surprised it was who it was, and why they’re not get engaged (yet). – Carrie Bell

Is the U-turn the only reason we’re talking today?
Kris: Yes and it’s a real bummer. We went out not because of our actions or because of us, but because of a stupid U-turn.
Amanda: Which was totally out of our control. Other than that, we were a pretty good team.

When and how did you find out it was Margie and Luke?
Amanda: We found out from another team when we were sequestered. We were really shocked and thought they were a little deceitful. What they didn’t show was that we all went to lunch in Romania the day before this, and we were split into two tables. After lunch, Margie approached Kris and I and said, “Just to let you know that we were talking about the U-turn at our table and every team, including Luke and I, said we would not use it unless absolutely necessary except Jen and Kisha. They said, ‘You’d be stupid not to use it.’” So when we saw the U-turn we naturally assumed it was them.
Kris: It turns out they never even said that.

Do you understand why they did it?
Kris: We felt like we definitely took a low blow. I understand it is a game, but they were already leaps and bounds ahead. It wasn’t a necessity for them to use it. They were not neck and neck with another team and needing to get them off their back.
Amanda: That’s why we took it personal. We can’t be bitter about it because it’s a legal part of the game. But a smart racer wouldn’t use it unless they absolutely had to because there could be another one ahead and no someone could turn around and u-turn them.

You were neck and neck with Mike and Mark. Don’t you think they would have used?
Amanda: Mike and Mark or Mel and Mike could have u-turned us. Almost every team that struggled with this leg, which was almost everyone, said that they couldn’t imagine u-turning someone because the tasks were so hard. I don’t know if they would have u-turned us.
Kris: After the race was over, they came up to us and told us how bad they felt for us. They were real sympathetic to us about the U-turn. I don’t think they would have.

Can you find some solace in the fact that people were afraid of how well you were running the Race and that’s why you were u-turned?
Kris: After it was all said and done, our outlook changed. It wasn’t because of our actions and it wasn’t because people didn’t like us. They picked us because everyone knew we were a threat.

Compared to other dating or married couples on the show, you seemed to work very well together and kept fighting to a minimum. Did the Race tested your relationship?
Kris: We are the kind of couple that is together a lot so we weren’t worried about getting sick of each other. That’s what I think happens to a lot of the dating couples. They can’t handle being with their significant other 24/7 without losing their mind.
Amanda: It definitely tested us and we passed with flying colors. There were little moments. We bickered but never had a big blowup.

Your relationship survived The Amazing Race and you said you’d like to spend your lives together. Have you gone the next step yet and gotten engaged?
Amanda: We are still pretty young and there’s no need to rush … We are really traditional so I want to wait until I am out of school — I have a little less than a year left — and until we are more stable. Kris hasn’t found a job since he graduated since the economy is so crappy right now. He doesn’t have money to buy a ring yet.
Kris: It’s really important to be stable when you get married so you can buy a house and all those things. We don’t want to be poor and living in the roach motel apartment.
Amanda: I bet if we had won we would be engaged by now because it’s really a money issue.
Kris: Yeah those other teams should feel bad for taking our ring money.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/03/10/the-amazing-race-amanda-kris-talk-about-u-turn/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2009, 04:55:19 PM »
ACCCK!

They may have been on Bonnie Hunt TODAY and not tomorrow--did anyone see?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2009, 05:05:14 PM »
 :waves: NO , I watched and Bonnie showed a picture of Amanda & Kris and said tomorrow they will be on.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2009, 05:06:56 PM »

“When We Found Out It Was Luke & Margie, We Were Just Blown Away” – RealityNewsOnline’s Exclusive Interview with The Amazing Race 14's Amanda & Kris
by Teeuwynn Woodruff -- 03/11/2009

Amanda & Kris (right) looked to be one of the strongest couples in the race this season – and a solid bet for the final three. But a well-timed U-Turn shattered their hopes for glory and a million dollars in the icy cold of Siberia. What do Amanda & Kris have to say about Luke & Margie using the U-Turn on them? Are they mad at the mother and son duo? How close did they come to overcoming the U-Turn and staying in the race? All this and more, inside!

RealityNewsOnline: Hello, Amanda & Kris. Thanks for talking to RealityNewsOnline today!

Amanda & Kris: No problem!

RNO: What made you two decide to try out for the race?

Amanda: Actually, we were the only team this season that was recruited. We were actually downtown at a club, and we were recruited by a casting director. We took her up on it, and we made it!

RNO: Now, I have to say I wasn’t expecting to talk to you two anytime soon.

Kris: Nor were we.

Amanda: That makes us feel good. Thanks!

RNO: How shocked were you when you saw that you had been U-Turned?

Kris: We kind of had it in the back of our heads… “Gosh, after doing all that stuff, it would really suck to get U-Turned.” So, we were kind of thinking for some reason that we would. But we were definitely shocked that it was Margie & Luke.

RNO: When did you find out that it was Margie & Luke that U-Turned you?

Amanda: We actually found out probably over a week later in sequester when we finally found out from another team. But the reason why we were so shocked, and the reason why we accused Jen & Kisha was – they didn’t show this – but the day before we were all eating lunch at a restaurant in Romania, and we were sitting at two tables.

On our walk back from our hotel, Luke & Margie came to us and said, “We just want to let you guys know that, at our table, everyone was talking about the U-Turn. Every single team at the table, including us, said we would never use it. Jen & Kisha were the only team that said, ‘You’d be stupid not to use it, and you should definitely use it if you get the opportunity.’”

So, when we were U-Turned the next day, I mean naturally we assumed, “It’s got to be Jen & Kisha.” They were on the first flight, so it made sense. When we found out it was Luke & Margie, we were just blown away.

Especially because, at the end of the race, we told Jen & Kisha that we accused them. They asked why we thought it was them. We told them what Margie said. They were pissed. They were like, “I don’t know why Margie said that. That was never said.” So, for Margie to just completely make that up and go out of her way to come up to us and tell us that was just cruel!

Kris: It felt like a low blow, for sure.

Amanda: Definitely!

RNO: Now that you see why they U-Turned you, does it make you feel any better?

Amanda: In my opinion, I would have never done anything like that because I would only use the U-Turn if you need it. First of all, it’s not going to give you that good of a reputation. More importantly, you can get turned around and somebody could U-Turn you back – and you can’t use it in the future.

They didn’t need it!

Kris: They were saying that we were strong, and also that they wanted to make sure that the Redheads were going to still be in it. Which I don’t get whatsoever. That was their reasoning behind it which, to us, was like, “Gee! Thanks a lot!”

RNO: Are you at least proud that they thought you were a big enough threat to want to take you out?

Kris: Yes, it’s definitely nice to know that, but… We were just so into the race, and we really thought we were going to do well. I mean, to be honest with you, I thought that we were going to win the thing. We were really working well together, blowing through all the tasks. You get a couple bad breaks and it’s gone.

RNO: How much time did the U-Turn cost you?

Kris: Well, we were only about ten minutes behind the short guys [Mark & Michael]. We went back to the wood pile and did that pretty quick. When we went to the bobsled, we got through that really quickly too. It didn’t take me a long time to figure out the Chekhov thing.

Amanda: What they don’t show too is that what took up most of the time was going in between tasks. The woodpile and the shutters were on opposite sides of the village. It took us more than 10 minutes to jog from the woodpile to the workshop to build the shutters, then another 10 minutes to find the place, then another 10 minutes back to where we found out we were U-Turned. Then we had to walk another 10 minutes back to the woodpile, then back. That’s what cost us so much time.

If we weren’t U-Turned, then we wouldn’t have spent 20 minutes walking there and back, and the time to build it. So, it’s clear that we definitely would have beaten Mark & Michael to the Pit Stop if we weren’t U-Turned.

RNO: Going back to the shutters Detour, how is it that everyone missed the house that needed repairs for so long?

Kris: The map that they gave us for it was really crappy. It was pretty much a little grid with a red dot on it that said, “go here.” The lines on the map didn’t match up to how the actual town was. You were just picking and choosing which street you wanted to run up to try to look for the place. So, that was really hard to find.

We walked around aimlessly for I don’t even know how much time, but forever holding this big ladder and shutters and stuff. I was proud of Amanda. Amanda rocked that and carried all the stuff like it was nothing.

RNO: Speaking of getting lost, Kris, I heard you got lost for quite awhile on the mountain down from the hang gliding spot in Austria.

Kris: Yeah! I was running down the side of the mountain and I missed one of the markers. I think it was at a point where you can go left or right and I didn’t see it. I ended up down at the highway, and I ended up running down the highway, thinking I might see another sign. I started seeing signs for another town.

I ended up flagging a car down and [they told me the town was] four kilometers back the other direction. I was like, “Are you kidding me?” I just stepped into high gear and ended up sprinting. I passed three teams down the mountain, and ended up beating them all the way back to the bottom – and they went the right way!

RNO: You must have been beat after that!

Kris: Oh my gosh!

Amanda: I actually think that he missed the same marker that Linda did. Because that same road that Linda ended up on was kind of what happened to Kris. I think they both took the same wrong turn, but Kris is in such good shape that I think he was literally the only one on the entire race that could have gotten that lost and still been the second person down the hill.

Kris did amazing! No one else would have been able to recover from that but him.

Kris: You didn’t have any water or food. Talk about dehydration to the max!

RNO: Kris, what did you learn about Amanda on the race?

Kris: Going into it, there weren’t any skeletons in the closet or too many things that I didn’t know about her. I think the only thing I learned from her was that working through stressful situations means that we learned that we’re both leaders. We both like to control what’s going on. That was one thing that we had to work through with our relationship – letting one person take over at some times, and vice versa. Knowing each other’s strengths and weaknesses.

RNO: Amanda, did you learn anything about Kris on the race?

Amanda: Like he said, it’s not like we were expecting to learn anything new. But one thing we hadn’t done before was work together as a team. I mean, he’s competitive, I’m competitive. We both did competitive sports, but nothing together. So, it was the first time we were a team working together.

It was like a big test for our relationship, and I think we passed it with flying colors. Now we’re confident that we can get through things together. Now, there’s no question.

Kris: Even my older, married brothers were like, “Gosh! I would never do that with my wife. We’d be at each other’s throats!” We actually worked really well together. We looked at going on the race as a really awesome experience. We never in a million years thought we’d have the opportunity to do it. We wanted to enjoy the moment, and really have fun with it.

RNO: Do you have a favorite moment on the race.

Amanda: It’s hard to put your finger on one thing because it’s all so spectacular. Just the fact that we have that shared experience now. Like I was saying, it reconfirmed everything we thought about our relationship. We thought we were strong, but we went through the ultimate relationship test. Knowing that we passed it is really satisfying.

Kris: Definitely.

RNO: Is there anything you would do differently on the race?

Amanda: Yes. Definitely I wouldn’t believe everything I hear. Like the whole thing with Margie and what she said. I shouldn’t have believed that. This is a competition for a million dollars. I don’t know why I was thinking I could trust anyone.

It just goes to show that even the people who come across as the most genuine, sincere [folks] can be deceitful as well. I think that’s why I was so quick to believe her. I thought, “She’s so nice! Her and her deaf son!” You want to believe them. The last thing I would have thought was that she completely made it up. I would never have expected that.

Also, with the blondes [Christie & Jodi], we never had even really met them. The first leg – I don’t want to say who, because I don’t quite remember. But someone told us that the blondes were in it only to work with themselves. “Be careful of them! They don’t want to help anyone. They may lead you in the wrong direction.” So, when I made the comment about them being untrustworthy, it was based off what we had heard.

Kris: I wouldn’t have taken off that damn fanny pack in Romania, because we lost a trip to Costa Rica because of it! That was a bummer. We were so far ahead. Just that one stupid mistake put us in second place.

Amanda: They said we were only three minutes behind them.

RNO: Is there anything else you’d like to tell our readers about your experiences on the race?

Kris: We’d definitely do it again in a heartbeat!

Amanda: If there’s an All-Stars season, we would be there. We didn’t make it that far, but I think we definitely proved ourselves as a strong team.

RNO: Thank you very much for talking to RealityNewsOnline today!

Kris & Amanda: Thank you!

source RNO

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2009, 06:54:58 PM »
They rock so much. I can't remember a season in which I was so sad to see each passing team go!  :'( :'(
Just here to visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2009, 09:02:18 PM »
Yea, they seriously rock too much to go so early.  :'(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2009, 03:54:31 PM »
I have Amanda & Kris on Bonnie Hunt  uploading now! Amanda is gorgeous and Kris is a living doll!
The video is a big file though.. its taking its good ole time so will put it up asap.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2009, 04:36:44 PM »
Thanks, puddin.  :jumpy: :jumpy: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Looking forward to it. Anything non-basketball related at this time of year gets lost in the shuffle for me.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2009, 07:09:13 PM »
 :hearts:

<<HQ option when it kicks in

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2009, 10:29:18 PM »
Oh thank you puddin!

And they are adorable, they looked great and came across beautifully!! Our first Bonnie teams  :'(

:lol: at the pole, good job!! Wonder if they got a practice run?

It is so sad they were eliminated, they were definitely a team with the potential to go much further.

But wow! Three hours at that woodpile??
RFF's Golden Rule: