Author Topic: TAR 14 in the Media/News/Videos  (Read 31869 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 14 in the Media/News/Videos
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2009, 03:28:05 PM »
I saw that in my issue!!! :neener:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2009, 03:38:01 PM »
Oh NICE!! Thay you for sharing that!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2009, 03:04:21 PM »
I wondered where this thread went. Here's the recap for the last episode.
Just here to visit.

Offline beau_30

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • STEWIE GRIFFIN FOR 2008!!
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2009, 11:28:35 AM »
I'm not sure where this goes, But Amanda and Kris are on The Bonnie Hunt Show
"The only Thing to Fear, Is Fear Itself"

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2009, 01:08:40 AM »
Mountain Hardwear is getting their brand out. They were issued the gear at the Krasnoyarsk dam and started wearing it at the Detour.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »
Good pickup, Slowhatch. :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2009, 01:52:30 AM »
Here's the recap for Episode 5. Finally.
Just here to visit.

Offline tvfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2009, 08:10:51 PM »
Check out this clip from next week's show... It looks like Margie is pushing herself too hard - I hope she is ok - I think they're my favorite team!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qY_Q_qNlVE

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2009, 08:14:50 PM »
I posted that in the Insider videos here.
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2009, 10:41:40 AM »
Check out this clip from next week's show... It looks like Margie is pushing herself too hard - I hope she is ok - I think they're my favorite team!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qY_Q_qNlVE

Welcome to RFF tvfan! I like Margie too and I hope she was just dehydrated because heat exhaustion would take some recovery time.

:welcome: :ty4posting :welcome:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2009, 01:45:20 PM »
13 Amazing Reasons to Watch Amazing Race
Today 9:00 AM PDT

CBS Broadcasting Inc.

Amazing Race has been one of our fave reality competitions since the beginning. And we're not alone. The show has won 11 Emmys since its 2001 premiere, with no other competitor able to take away its Outstanding Reality Program Competition crown since the category was first created in 2002.

But this season is extra-special. If you aren't already setting aside an hour on Sunday evenings for this fabulous show, we have 13 incentives (one for each decent season of the show—we don't acknowledge season eight's unfortunate Family Edition) for you to travel the world from the comfort of your sofa.

1. Phil Keoghan: He's the best reality host on TV. Period. No one seems more delighted to bestow a trip for two from Travelocity (or his signature arched eyebrow) on deserving players. And when he signed to Margie and her deaf son, Luke, that they were team No. 1 on the first leg of the race? Still. Have. Tears. Can Phil be any more perfect? Why, yes, he can: Dude is about to ride his bike across America to raise money for MS and promote cycling for health, the environment and the economy. Swoon.

2. Cool, Cool, Cool, Cool Places: It's safe to say we'll never make it to Siberia (brrr), except as armchair travelers with the Racers, so how else are we going to get a peek into how ordinary people survive out there? (Hint: vodka!) And Transylvania? Shut up!

3. Cool People: Personal conflict is the foundation of most reality shows, but honestly, we prefer filmmaker Mike White proudly celebrating "Dad, you did awesome!" after Mel's triumph in a physical challenge. Even when Mel was struggling, son was worried but never critical. Aw.

4. More Dramatic, Less Traumatic Challenges: This may change as the competition gets tighter, but so far, no one has been asked to shave their heads or eat four pounds of meat or a live (and wriggling) octopus. Sure, they had to run across Novosibirsk in their underwear, but surely it was worth it to see Phil in his skivvies? (It was to us.) The Vampire Remains Detour—dragging around coffins in the shadow of Dracula's castle, complete with bloody impaling—was just inspired and wonderfully creepy.

5. Air Traffic Control: Airport footage has been drastically curtailed this season. As Phil told us, "An airport in Istanbul looks like an airport in Houston," and we'd much rather see where the Racers are going, not where they're waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

6. Quality Control: Nearly every single team in season 14 is better than nearly every single team in season 13. (We are looking at you, third-place finishing oafs Andrew and Dan.)

7. They Got Game: With the exception of some early eliminees, most of the contestants in this season are reasonably fit. Sure, some may be disadvantaged by age (Mel) or height (4'9" brothers Mark and Mike), but absent are the bumbling oafs of seasons past (see item 6).

8. R-E-S-P-E-C-T: Victor has issues, and the cheerleaders may not have the nicest cabbie manners, but no one in this group is shoving their wives or getting arrested.

9. Breathing Room: As Phil told us, this season is more about "letting moments breathe, where people look out into the landscape and really soak in pertinent moments, like Gus in season six walking the paths of his ancestors and...out to the ships that brought the slaves out from Africa. [Or in season three when] Ian looked out over Vietnam and remembered when he was there last during the Vietnam War. Those moments have always resonated with fans. And I think we're facilitating more of those this season."

10. Pass the Kleenex: The season 14ers also take the prize for the most compassionate. In the slums outside Jaipur, India, Luke (who was born deaf) sobbed as their taxi passed children eating garbage, and we just wanted to hug him along with his mother, Margie, who later said, “It makes us realize how lucky we are.” Noble much?

11. Smashing Stereotypes: It was Harvard-grad lawyers Tammy and Victor who wandered lost and squabbling in the woods (epic fail), while the makeup mavens (NFL cheerleaders Cara and Jaime and flight attendants Christie and Jodi) have proven to be savvy and surprisingly unflappable competitors.

12. Rule Reversal: Adding anonymity to the U-turn may result in less direct confrontation, but it's more fun for us to see the Racers trying to figure out who was responsible. And no one guessed that sweet Margie and fresh-faced Luke were responsible for ousting Amanda and Kris—their strongest competitors.

13. Playing to Win: Despite some halfhearted caravanning alliances (with the inevitable ditching), these teams seem to be more cognizant than their predecessors that they are here to win a million bucks, not make besties or hook up with the competition (ahem, Dallas and Starr). And that's why we're rooting for all of 'em!

The Amazing Race airs Sundays at 8 p.m. on CBS.

by Drusilla Moorhouse

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/print/index.jsp?contentId=106529&edition=us

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2009, 08:29:07 PM »
Jolt Energy Gum has teamed up with The Amazing Race with cool graphics from prior shows on the front. Also, you can get FREE Amazing Race stuff when you collect Jolt packs. Check it out!
http://www.joltgum.com/

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 11:05:51 AM by puddin »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2009, 08:59:19 AM »
From Michael Zuidema of the Grand Rapids Press:

CBS should find some athletes for 'Amazing Race'
Posted by Michael Zuidema | The Grand Rapids Press April 05, 2009 08:00AM

Athletes have never been afraid of the reality TV spotlight.

Jocks routinely cut a rug on "Dancing With the Stars," a former WWE diva appeared on "Survivor" and a backup QB actually was "The Bachelor."

But they've never been on "The Amazing Race."

It's hard to say why. The $1 million prize must be enticing for the competitive type, and it's not like CBS has to worry about athletes having a distinct advantage. All it takes is one incompetent cabby and you're eliminated.

Personally, I think it would be great if sports figures went on the show. And here are my top five picks for teams:

Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal -- It's not like the show doesn't thrust other dysfunction couples on the air. These two would seem tame by comparison.

Chris Webber and Gary Payton -- Judging by how goofy they are on TNT and NBA TV, they could add some much-needed levity.

Tim Tebow and John Daly -- One is a God-fearing altar boy. The other scares God to death. Hilarity ensues.

Venus and Serena Williams -- It's about time there was an intimidating female team.

Dick Vitale and Bobby Knight -- "We're going to India, baby! ... Coach Knight, please stop strangling Phil Keoghan."

Source - http://blog.mlive.com/benchwarmer/2009/04/cbs_should_find_some_athletes.html

Michael is a sports TV columnist and it's to see him write about TAR! :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2009, 09:05:14 AM »
It'll be fun to see TAR on gum packs!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2009, 03:07:57 AM »
The Episode 6 recap is up. Episode 7 will be done later today.
Just here to visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2009, 08:52:15 AM »

Not when Jon/Vic are on it. :groan:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2009, 09:40:09 AM »

Not when Jon/Vic are on it. :groan:

That's true...But I we'll relive that moment of:  "Jon sit down!  He can't see!"
"NO!"
 :lol:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2009, 02:11:18 AM »
I've caught up! :jumpy: :jumpy:

Here's the recap from the last episode.
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2009, 11:35:23 AM »
Excellent recap Ken! You reminded me of some things I'd forgotten, like Mark and Mike's sabotage and the difficulty with Luke not hearing so Margie could give him directions, Victor being the decision maker yet again.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 12:19:12 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2009, 01:43:05 PM »
Thanks, TL. I caught several things upon my second viewing like Kisha's sneezing in the cab, a couple of Mel's one-liners and Jaime's laughing at the post-race confessional.
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2009, 02:12:13 PM »
Thanks, TL. I caught several things upon my second viewing like Kisha's sneezing in the cab, a couple of Mel's one-liners and Jaime's laughing at the post-race confessional.

You're welcome. I know I sure didn't notice Kisha's sneezing or Jaime's laughing. When the race teams were announced I didn't think I'd care for Mike and Mel, but I love them! Their sense of humor is infectious.  :lol:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2009, 03:33:29 PM »
This isn't from TAR14, but TAR2. Blake from Blake & Paige and the great Toms Shoes is in an AT&T commercial.

Just here to visit.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2009, 09:56:47 AM »
TAR 3: NYT article about online searchers features photos of Dunottar castle and Stonehaven. All they had to do was ask us... :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2009, 10:38:26 AM »
TAR 3: NYT article about online searchers features photos of Dunottar castle and Stonehaven. All they had to do was ask us... :lol:
We'd be drooling at the chance to help  :lol:  :jam:. Very cool article Slowhatch.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2009, 02:04:12 AM »
Do any of you follow Josh Wolk's recaps at EW? This guy makes me "pee" my pants  :lol:

Urine It to Win It

Jaime continued her love affair with the world's taxi drivers. Considering how difficult a time she and Cara were having even finding a cab, I'm even more convinced that there's an international dispatcher who has put out a worldwide APB to all cabbies to beware of and avoid two redheads in a green jacket. One cabbie who made the mistake of picking them up looked terrified after he realized his mistake: When Jaime leaned over the seat with her clue gnome, he recoiled as if she'd just produced a fistful of anthrax. Perhaps after this show the fear of Jaime will spread to all workers, let alone cabbies, and long after the show has ended everyone will still duck when they see her coming. Jaime will not be able to so much as enter a Banana Republic without every salesperson leaping behind a rack of khakis and hiding until she goes away.

Meanwhile, Jaime and Cara seemed to still be a lost cause. They resourcefully told a cabbie to take them to the opera by pretending to sing…and then he dropped them off at the wrong opera house. Realizing their mistake, they yet again had to struggle to find a taxi, at one point yelling, ''Emergency! Emergency!'' into the window of an empty cab. This cabbie had gotten the warning about Back Luck Redhead, and drove away. When they finally got a cab, we got the first in a series of 18 or so shots of Jaime ranting in the back while Cara gazed out the window, attempting to find her Happy Place. 

Luke applied Margie's powder like he was painting a picket fence. And she got frustrated saying, ''Will you stop with the white?'' and ''He made me look like Alice Cooper.'' Actually, she looked like she had just head-butted the corpse of Tammy Faye Bakker. 
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20276352,00.html
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 02:11:13 AM by puddin »