Author Topic: TAR 14 in the Media/News/Videos  (Read 31877 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
TAR 14 in the Media/News/Videos
« on: January 25, 2009, 04:19:33 PM »
Please keep this thread for news and media only, please don't turn it into a open discussion thread ........

thanks in advance

eta: if you see your posts disappearing it is because this thead is not open for discussion and it has been moved to the appropriate thread.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 04:34:33 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 14 in the Media/News
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 04:20:23 PM »
adding this:

BVM TVGuide article:
Amazing Race (returns on Feb 15, 2009 at 8/7c PM CBS)
Whats so amazing about season 14 of the Amazing Race?
The first episode opens with a death-defying
challenge. But even better: "less airports" says co-creator and exec
producer, Bertram van Munster. "Very often the contestants already know
what plane they're going on, so there's very little drama there."
Expect plenty of other drama, though and even the first ever deaf
contestant. Players will also suffer through blizzards in Central
Siberia and go for the gold with Olympic-themed challenges in Beijing.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 10:20:36 AM »
Meet the new teams on 'The Amazing Race'
By DERRIK J. LANG – 1 hour ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Most contestants on "The Amazing Race" must tackle language barriers during their trek around the world. As the reality series' first-ever deaf contestant, Luke Adams had double the trouble. The 22-year-old recent college grad and his mother Margie are among the 11 two-person teams racing for the $1 million prize in the upcoming 14th season.

"I thought it would be easy because my mother and I have always communicated really well," the longtime "Amazing Race" fan, who doesn't speak or read lips, said through an interpreter. "In the airports, my mom had to do all of the work because she had to do all of the talking. It was kind of hard for me to depend on her to do all of that."

"In the beginning, I think Luke didn't have a whole lot of trust that I was going to communicate all of the information that I was receiving to him properly," said Margie. "I would ask a question or for directions, and it would take five minutes to get the answer, then I'd give him a 30-second reply. He'd say, 'No, you didn't tell me everything.'"

Other teams this season include pairs of stuntmen, Southwest Airlines flight attendants, former National Football League cheerleaders and University of Louisville college athletes. Brother-and-sister team Victor Jih, 35, and Tammy Jih, 26, both graduated from Stanford University and Harvard Law School and now work as corporate litigators in California.

"Having seven years of higher education under our belts, we thought it would give us a big advantage because we're good at learning," said Tammy. "We went into this race knowing that everything we would face would be difficult and new and things that we're not familiar with, but we were really comfortable in the fact that we're good learners."

Beginning at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base near Long Beach, Calif., the Emmy-winning CBS reality competition (premiering Feb. 15 at 8 p.m. EST) will follow the teams for 12 episodes as they travel over 40,000 miles in 22 days to nine countries, including — for the first time — Romania as well as Switzerland, India and Russia.

"We shot in the city of Krasnoyarsk and the city of Novosibirsk," said "Amazing Race" executive producer Bertram van Munster. "The teams get from one city to another via the Trans-Siberian Railroad. Of course, it started off nice, but we got into this Siberian snowstorm with below-zero temperatures, which we weren't used to. It was pretty exciting."

At 68, Mel White is the season's oldest contestant. The gay-rights activist and former speechwriter for Pat Robertson and Billy Graham is teamed up with his 38-year-old son Mike White, the actor-screenwriter who penned such films as "School of Rock" and "Nacho Libre." Despite the frantic pace of the race, Mike insists he didn't bicker much with his dad.

"Compared to some of the other teams, I think we got along like a Hallmark card," he said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hTmuNBAmvhqFyktmDnblV-lOdq8QD95UT4D00
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:49:35 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 11:12:32 AM »
Amazing Race Montage

<< HQ toggle

Meet the teams

<<HQ toggle
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 11:36:04 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 12:00:13 PM »
CBS ANNOUNCES THE 11 TEAMS FOR THE 14TH INSTALLMENT OF THE EMMY AWARD-WINNING "THE AMAZING RACE" PREMIERING FEB. 15 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Six-Time Emmy Award-Winning Series Hits the Road for the 14th Edition, Featuring One of the Most Grueling Race Courses Ever Covering 40,000 Miles and Nine Countries

CBS today announced the 11 Teams set to compete in THE AMAZING RACE 14.  THE AMAZING RACE 14 premieres Sunday, Feb. 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is the host. 

These contestants will travel one of the most grueling courses ever assembled on the Race - spanning 40,000 miles and nine countries in just 22 days.  Teams will be faced with a multitude of extremes, including the world's second tallest bungee jump, bone-chilling Siberian temperatures followed by the suffocating heat of India, and an Olympic-sized challenge that leaves Teams gasping for air.  For the first time in the history of the Race, Teams will travel to Romania and Siberia.   

"Heading into our 14th season, I wanted to pull out all the stops.  We have extreme climates, intense roadblocks and less time in airports, which adds up to an exhausting course for the Racers.  Whether you're a screen writer, a Harvard graduate, a jockey or a carpenter, this Race will test your stamina, your heart and your will to win," said Bertram van Munster, executive producer/co-creator of "The Amazing Race."     

This 14th group of Racers features an eclectic cast that includes a Team of brothers who are stuntmen, a pair of flight attendants, a brother/sister Team who are Harvard lawyers, an accomplished feature film writer/producer/actor and his father, a Team of former NFL cheerleaders and the Race's first ever deaf contestant and his mother.       

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 12:23:18 PM »
An interesting article:

Amazing Race Contestants Gearing Up

There are bound to be a lot of obstacles in the way when trying to race around the globe, and for one team on the new season of The Amazing Race there's an extra challenge beyond the normal language barriers: Luke Adams, 22, is the show's first deaf contestant, and doesn't read lips or speak at all. His mother Margie is his partner, and he speaks through an interpereter.

''I thought it would be easy because my mother and I have always communicated really well,'' he tells the Associated Press through an interpreter. ''In the airports, my mom had to do all of the work because she had to do all of the talking. It was kind of hard for me to depend on her to do all of that.''

Another noteworthy team is actor/director/screenwriter Mike White, who's racing alongside his dad, Mel White, the season's oldest contestant at 68. He's a gay-rights activist and former speechwriter for Pat Robertson and Billy Graham, while his son wrote School of Rock and Nacho Libre, and Chuck and Buck and has appeared in many movies as well.

''Compared to some of the other teams, I think we got along like a Hallmark card,'' Mike says of his chemistry with his father during the race.

Link to the article: http://www.ok-magazine.com/news/view/11532

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 12:36:04 PM »
An interesting article:

Meet the new teams on The Amazing Race

New teams on 'The Amazing Race' include stuntmen, flight attendants, deaf college grad

Most contestants on "The Amazing Race" must tackle language barriers during their trek around the world. As the reality series' first-ever deaf contestant, Luke Adams had double the trouble. The 22-year-old recent college grad and his mother Margie are among the 11 two-person teams racing for the $1 million prize in the upcoming 14th season.

"I thought it would be easy because my mother and I have always communicated really well," the longtime "Amazing Race" fan, who doesn't speak or read lips, said through an interpreter. "In the airports, my mom had to do all of the work because she had to do all of the talking. It was kind of hard for me to depend on her to do all of that."

"In the beginning, I think Luke didn't have a whole lot of trust that I was going to communicate all of the information that I was receiving to him properly," said Margie. "I would ask a question or for directions, and it would take five minutes to get the answer, then I'd give him a 30-second reply. He'd say, 'No, you didn't tell me everything.'"

Other teams this season include pairs of stuntmen, Southwest Airlines flight attendants, former National Football League cheerleaders and University of Louisville college athletes. Brother-and-sister team Victor Jih, 35, and Tammy Jih, 26, both graduated from Stanford University and Harvard Law School and now work as corporate litigators in California.

"Having seven years of higher education under our belts, we thought it would give us a big advantage because we're good at learning," said Tammy. "We went into this race knowing that everything we would face would be difficult and new and things that we're not familiar with, but we were really comfortable in the fact that we're good learners."

Beginning at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base near Long Beach, Calif., the Emmy-winning CBS reality competition (premiering Feb. 15 at 8 p.m. EST) will follow the teams for 12 episodes as they travel over 40,000 miles in 22 days to nine countries, including -- for the first time -- Romania as well as Switzerland, India and Russia.

"We shot in the city of Krasnoyarsk and the city of Novosibirsk," said "Amazing Race" executive producer Bertram van Munster. "The teams get from one city to another via the Trans-Siberian Railroad. Of course, it started off nice, but we got into this Siberian snowstorm with below-zero temperatures, which we weren't used to. It was pretty exciting."

At 68, Mel White is the season's oldest contestant. The gay-rights activist and former speechwriter for Pat Robertson and Billy Graham is teamed up with his 38-year-old son Mike White, the actor-screenwriter who penned such films as "School of Rock" and "Nacho Libre." Despite the frantic pace of the race, Mike insists he didn't bicker much with his dad.

"Compared to some of the other teams, I think we got along like a Hallmark card," he said.

Link to the article: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Meet-the-new-teams-on-The-apf-14153938.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 12:59:22 PM »
An interesting article:

Latest Amazing Racers Includes Hollywood Player, Deaf Man

NFL cheerleaders face off with Division 1 college athletes, flight attendants take on movie stuntmen, and the screenwriter of School of Rock and his clergyman dad do battle with Harvard-schooled lawyers on the latest season of The Amazing Race.

But, Hollywood players, buff dudes and blonde babes aside, the most interesting team on the 14th cycle of the hit CBS reality show is arguably a mother and son from Denver. Luke Adams, 22, has been deaf since birth. On a show where the language barrier can stymie the fiercest of competitors, Luke and his mother Margie will have a fresh, albeit daunting, challenge as they trek more than 40,000 miles through nine countries in 22 days.

The journey begins Feb. 15 at Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base outside Los Angeles. Phil Keoghan returns to guide the 11 teams as they make their way through Switzerland, India, Russia and, for the first time ever, Romania. They'll make the world's second-tallest bungee jump and survive the bitter cold, below-zero temperatures of Siberia and the extreme-heat of India, all for the shot at a million bucks.

"Heading into our 14th season, I wanted to pull out all the stops," says show mastermind Bertram van Munster. "We have extreme climates, intense roadblocks and less time in airports, which adds up to an exhausting course for the Racers. Whether you're a screen writer, a Harvard graduate, a jockey or a carpenter, this Race will test your stamina, your heart and your will to win.

Link to the article: http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b80767_latest_amazing_racers_includes.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 01:28:53 PM »
The Amazing Race 14, Meet The Teams! (With Phil commentary)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 14 in the Media/News/Videos
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 02:39:56 PM »
Contestant slideshow

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 02:42:09 PM »
More Siblings on Next 'Amazing Race' Roster
By Roger Catlin on January 26, 2009 1:20 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)
It was a brother and sister team that won the $1 million prize on "The Amazing Race 13," so the contestants on "The Amazing Race 14" that begins next month announced Monday, seem to have more than the usual share of siblings - three.

There are the Siblings/Lawers of Tammy Jih, 26, of San Francisco and Victor Jih, 35,  of Los Angeles; the brothers/stuntmen team of Mark Munoz, 48, of Los Angeles and Michael Munoz, 51, of Maui (they're also only 4'9" tall each); and the sisters and former collegiate athletes Lakisha Hoffman, 28, of the Bronx, N.Y., and Jennifer Hoffman, 24, of Louisville.

There are two parent/child teams among the 11 groups running, but the one to get the most notice is Margie Adams, 51, and Luke Adams, 23, both of Denver because he's been deaf since age two and is the show's first contestant to use sign language to communicate.

But the other parent/child team is pretty good, too: Mel White, 68, of Lynchburg, Va., is a father in more than one sense; he's also a clergyman; his familiar looking son, Mike White, 38, of Santa Monica. Mel Mike is a writer, director and actor in Los Angeles who has written "Nacho Libre" and "School of Rock," in which he also starred with Jack Black. He was also Buck in "Chuck & Buck."

There are two teams of daters: Amanda Blackledge, 23, and Kris Klicka, 24, of San Diego; and Jennifer Hipka, 26 and Preston McCamy, 28, of Columbia, S.C.

And there are two married couples: Steve Cole, 43, and Linda Cole, 52, of Martinsville Va.; and Brand Hunt, 52, and Victoria Hunt, 47 of Columbus, Ohio.

Of the friends, there are former NFL cheerleaders Cara Rosenthal, 26, of Boca Raton, Fla., and Jaime Edmondson, 29, of Ft. Lauderdale and the flight attendants Christie Volkmer, 37, of Choctaw, Okla., and Jodi Wincheski, 40 of Houston.

Producers promise less time and airports and more on "one of the most grueling courses" covering 40,000 and nine countries in 22 days that will feature the world's second tallest bungee jump, the stifling heat of India and the freezing temperatures of Siberia, visited for the first time on the race, as is Romania.

Host Phil Keoghan starts the new season of "The Amazing Race" Feb. 15 on CBS.

source

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 03:39:04 PM »
From Variety:

'Amazing Race': Make a pit stop here

Our next Q&A participant is “The Amazing Race” co-creator Bert Van Munster (and possibly his wife/partner Elise Doganieri if she’s available).

“The Amazing Race” is always on my must-see list. Aside from the usual mix of interesting contestants, it gives me the opportunity to learn about other cultures and see places I never would otherwise. Kind of like traveling from my sofa. And it remains the only reality show to win the Emmy in the six-year-old category.

The new season of the CBS show, its 14th edition, begins Sunday, Feb. 15 at 8 p.m. (New racers are pictured here.) You probably have plenty of questions about past season, where we’re going together this upcoming season or how they come up with those crazy tasks.

By now, you know the drill:
1) Hit the comment button below and ask your question by Jan. 29.
2) You may ask more than one question but we are looking for quality, not quantity. Asking more will not guarantee that you’ll get an answer. In the spirit of fairness, we try to give plenty of folks a chance.
3) Read through the other comments to make sure you’re not repeating something that’s already been asked.
4) Be clever and have fun.
5) The person who asks the best question will receive a prize.

Link: http://weblogs.variety.com/season_pass/2009/01/amazing-race-make-a-pit-stop-here.html

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 10:51:37 PM »
New `The Amazing Race' teams include cheerleaders, stuntmen, lawyers

Derrik J. Lang, The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES — Most contestants on "The Amazing Race" must tackle language barriers during their trek around the world. As the reality series' first-ever deaf contestant, Luke Adams had double the trouble.

The 22-year-old recent college grad and his mother Margie are among the 11 two-person teams racing for the US$1 million prize in the upcoming 14th season.

"In the beginning, I think Luke didn't have a whole lot of trust that I was going to communicate all of the information that I was receiving to him properly," said Margie. "I would ask a question or for directions, and it would take five minutes to get the answer, then I'd give him a 30-second reply. He'd say, `No, you didn't tell me everything.' "

Beginning at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base near Long Beach, Calif., the Emmy-winning CBS reality competition (premiering Feb. 15 at 8 p.m. EST on CTV in Canada) will follow the teams for 12 episodes as they travel over 64,000 kilometres to nine countries, including -- for the first time -- Romania as well as Switzerland, India and Russia.

sourcehttp://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090126/090126_amazing_race/20090126/?hub=CP24Entertainment

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 10:48:14 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 03:09:45 PM »
It's easy enough to infer this anad if it were really important(which I don't think it is) I could get people I know in Transylvania to translate. I think it says several Transylvanian villages are involved in addition to Brasov and Bucharest (is there anything there other than the transfer to the train?) I have hypothesized coming back to Bucharest for the Parliament Palace.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 05:27:48 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 05:49:38 PM »
Wow, what translator did you use? I did three and they all sucked, :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 08:24:46 PM »
Wow, what translator did you use? I did three and they all sucked, :lol:
That looks like google translator, cos it's the same as what I read.
http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cotidianul.ro%2Famazing_race_a_filmat_in_premiera_in_romania-71475.html&sl=ro&tl=en&history_state0=

I agree with puddin that it did sound a little bit like their list of locations came from somewhere like RFF rather than the official media release though

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 12:16:26 AM »
reposting these here so they don't get buried

The Amazing Race 14 Mike & Mel White Promo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mTMu-dy6cs

The Amazing Race 14 Margaret & Luke Promo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE2eyi3Iq38

The Amazing Race 14 Victor & Tammy promo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjik9xMjM-w

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:19:29 AM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 04:28:25 AM »
Reality TV likes what it sees in San Diego's talent pool
By Karla Peterson
Union-Tribune Staff Writer
2:00 a.m. February 8, 2009

San Diego may be famous for its beautiful weather and active, outdoorsy lifestyle, but thanks to America's love of reality television, San Diegans are becoming a hot couch-potato commodity.

When the new edition of CBS's “The Amazing Race” kicks off Feb. 15, a San Diego team will be in the running – the second consecutive season to feature a local team. The latest installment of “Survivor,” which begins Thursday on CBS, has a San Diego contestant. And the current season of Fox's “American Idol” has a strong contender in Westview High School senior Arianna Afsar of Rancho Peñasquitos.

Sadly, local chef Richard Sweeney was the fourth contestant to be eliminated from the current season of Bravo's “Top Chef,” but former Carlsbad resident Naomi Crespo is one of the last women standing on ABC's “The Bachelor.”

In recent years, San Diego has been the home of two contestants on “Project Runway,” a member of the “Top Chef” final four and one “American Idol” semifinalist. The region had a champ in Amy Finley, who was living in La Mesa when she became the Season 3 winner of “The Next Food Network Star.”

What makes San Diego such a good talent pool for reality TV? Being close to Los Angeles helps. So does our melting-pot population, which is diverse enough to include chefs, fashion designers, singers and – in the case of MTV's “A Double Shot at Love With the Ikki Twins” stars Rikki and Vikki Mongeon – bisexual twin sisters.

But one of the big reasons San Diego has been so good for reality TV is because San Diegans don't look like they spend much time watching it.

“I think of San Diego as being an independent and life-loving city. People in San Diego are going out and doing things they enjoy, as opposed to being couch potatoes,” said Nick Gilhool, casting director for Magical Elves, the production company behind “Top Chef,” “Top Design” and the first five seasons of “Project Runway.”

“In San Diego, your life is about wanting great experiences and setting yourself up to have them, and that is very attractive to casting people like us, because you are living life on your own terms.”

That was certainly the case for “Amazing Race” contestant Kris Klicka, who was so turned off by the idea of appearing on a reality show that when CBS casting associate Erika Shay approached him at the Ivy Hotel in the Gaslamp Quarter, he brushed her off and walked away.

“I thought she was asking me if I wanted to be on 'The Real World,' and I knew for a fact that I wouldn't want to be on something that shows the ins and outs of pretty much every part of your life,” said the recent San Diego State University graduate, who will compete on the globe-trotting show with his girlfriend, Amanda Blackledge. “That's what's cool about 'The Amazing Race.' It does show the real you, but it's not like people are watching you sleep at night.”

While “American Idol” finds the bulk of its contestants through huge casting calls (the auditions at Qualcomm Stadium in 2007 drew more than 12,000 “Idol” hopefuls), CBS casting director Lynne Spillman said at least 50 percent of “The Amazing Race” and “Survivor” contestants are recruited by Spillman and her staff, who look for candidates everywhere they go.

Since San Diego is geographically convenient and demographically desirable, they often find what they are looking for right here.

“When we're doing last-minute casting, we're not going to get on a plane. We need to make it a drive, and it's easy to drive to San Diego,” Spillman said. “For shows like 'Survivor' and 'Amazing Race,' you want people who are active and outdoorsy, and you have a very active and outdoorsy lifestyle. But it's also a metropolitan city, where people can be students and bankers and lawyers and still have that kind of life.”

Like Klicka and Blackledge, “Survivor” contestant Sydney Wheeler is a perfect advertisement for living the beautiful San Diego life. Which is why casting associate Shay approached Wheeler when the part-time model was hanging out at the trendy Bar West in Pacific Beach.

In addition to having that sun-kissed look that looks so good on TV, Wheeler, Klicka and Blackledge share a San Diego spirit that casting directors love. It's a spirit that comes from being from somewhere else.

Blackledge came here from Redwood City to go to college. Klicka was born here, moved away as a youngster and moved back when he turned 19. Last year's “American Idol” local was Carly Smithson, who was born and raised in Ireland. Sweeney was cooking for Confidential restaurant in the Gaslamp when he became a “Top Chef” contestant, but he is from Long Island, N.Y.

“A lot of people relocate to San Diego from other places, and I think it takes guts to pick up and move across country to somewhere because you like the city,” Spillman said. “People love San Diego, and they have taken a leap of faith to get there. And you know those kinds of people are not going to be scared.”

“Survivor” contestant Wheeler, 24, a native of Raleigh, N.C., moved here five years ago to study interior design at the Art Institute of California in Mission Valley. In the process, she picked up a useful reality-TV education.

“In my past five years in San Diego, most of the people I've met are transplants, and I can see why these types of people are being picked for reality shows. They are really interesting people, and they really want to be doing something with their lives,” said Wheeler, who lives in Cardiff.

“Reality shows are hard to do. Your life is being thrown in front of the camera, and it's all about taking that risk and going with the flow and liking it.”

When the San Diego Film Commission promotes the city as a destination for film and TV productions, the commissioners talk up the weather, the geographical variety and the free film permits. They don't spend much time talking up the TV-friendly people because they don't really need to. The word is already out.

“One thing I always hear is that people who move here tend to be alpha-type people who are open to doing things that are out of the ordinary,” deputy film commissioner Rob Dunson said. “We are also known for our beautiful people. When the Super Bowl was here, that's what all of the commentators were talking about, how beautiful the people are.”

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 06:22:48 PM »
Phil Keoghan of Amazing Race with Ryan Manno at the 2009 Grammys
Ryan and Phil discuss near death situations and the longevity of the show

Dynamic cast!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 06:51:43 PM »
Quick summary!
How do you stay fresh?

We have an advantage because we never go back to the same locations ever...

We go to Siberia and Roamnia,  Siberia is totally unlike anything we have done in all 14 seasons...

And we have the new faces. Audiences love the teams, but love going to the locations too.

We have freshened up the graphics, the maps, the music, it was time for a little spring cleaning.

Most dynamic cast since season 7!  I felt the same way after this as I did after shooting 7... There was something special about seasons 7, 5, 3, 1....There is something really unique about this cast in Season 14!

Were you ever scared or apprehensive? (Phil tells the story of being held up by immigration in the Ukraine and making it to the mat seconds in front of the first team.)

What is your favorite place?

I love NZ, love Italy for the people, but I live in the USA because it offers opportunity, and it is a piece of everything in the world, it has a global feel.

Oh this is good! Thanks puddin!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 01:50:44 AM »
LOOK!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 08:00:56 AM »
ET video, mostly a rehash, although BVM says India will be hysterical!

ET gives you a sneak peek of the brand new season of "The Amazing Race."

The host of the show Phil Keoghan tells ET what sets "The Amazing Race" apart from all the other reality shows.

"Our show is about those diversities that I mentioned," he says. "You do not see reality shows I believe, that have this type of diversity. The type of diversity that 'Amazing Race' has."

The producers of the the Emmy Award-winning reality show are promising some surprises and many "hysterical and unusual" moments. This season's globe-trotting contestants will once again perform a series of challenges in exotic locations around the world while competing for the $1 million prize.

Click the video to hear more on the longevity and popularity of the show from Phil Keoghan, and meet the show's first deaf contestant. "The Amazing Race" premieres on CBS this Sunday, February 15 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/02/70654/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 08:35:08 PM »
adding this so it doesn't get lost

Cara & Jamie

HQ toggle (when processed, youtube has been slowwwwww)