Author Topic: CBS Fantasy Game  (Read 18294 times)

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
CBS Fantasy Game
« on: January 14, 2009, 12:12:42 PM »
CBS is up and running  :funny:   No really . . . I just registered and am #27 to do so.   Go register before it gets too crowded and make preliminary picks.  You can always change them when more spoiler info becomes available.  Better bad picks than no picks (most of the time).

Lets go for another #1 finisher (congrats geraldford) this season.  We were 2/2 with CBS and Fantasy Survivor last season  :yess:  We can do it again if we all work together.

Going to check out setting up a private tribe.  Hopefully it will be easier than last season!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: CBS Fantasy Game
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 12:32:38 PM »
Count me in, please! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 12:55:33 PM »
I just started a private tribe - Reality Fan Forum.  Original, I know  ;)  peachy and several others have been sent invites.  If you are going to play the CBS game and haven't been invited but would like to be PM me your CBS username and the email address you used when you started your CBS account.   If you have changed email addresses recently you may need to update your info at CBS.

All I ask is if you join please make your picks every week.  If you can't make them occasionally (emergencies happen, I understand that)  please ask someone to make them for you.   Now lets get this season spoiled and if anyone comes across any wonderful insider info it might be to our advantage to share it through PM's.

29 days and counting . . .

Offline Rorys clan

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 02:42:37 PM »
 :yess:
Well I'm back in the pool. After screwing up so badly last season I almost did not join. But, what the hell, I'm addicted :groan:
Surviv-a-holic
:)          }*

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 02:59:10 PM »
I've had reports of the link in the invite not working.  Has anyone been able to join?  Since just after I sent the invites I have not been able to click into the tribe to see if anyone else is there.  And if I can't get back into the tribe viewing area . . . I can't send out a second round of invites   :funny:  I knew it was too good to be true . . . CBS up and running early . . . without a hitch  :funny:  What was I thinking!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 03:10:15 PM »
I got this?  But we still have loads of time...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Rorys clan

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 10:26:36 AM »
 (:;) Ditto, I get the same  (:;) CBS
Surviv-a-holic

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 03:59:00 PM »
I noticed the peaches have joined the tribe now.  Any secret to joining . . . handshake . . . initiation  :neener:  or did CBS finally get it straightened out???

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 05:18:02 PM »
Tried to add you as friend on CBS.  Hoping that would make joining tribe easier. :jumpy:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 09:49:14 PM »
I noticed the peaches have joined the tribe now.  Any secret to joining . . . handshake . . . initiation  :neener:  or did CBS finally get it straightened out???

I just clicked the links when I got them, got the not available message, and haven't done anything since so maybe CBS is fixed?  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 10:33:04 PM »

I just clicked the links when I got them, got the not available message, and haven't done anything since so maybe CBS is fixed?  :hearts:

You didn't get to a page that said you had successfully joined the tribe or have to enter your UN or anything . . . .  just clicked the link, went to the page not available message and did nothing else . . . and you're in the tribe . . . makes no sense but that's CBS  :groan:  Glad you made it in and to everyone else . . .  keep trying  :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 10:49:20 PM »
Nothing, :lol:

CBS loves me!  :colealert:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline geo1bar2

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I really do love Reality TV!
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 01:22:22 AM »
I'm still getting the error message when attempting to join the RFF private tribe.   :(  It's still early, and maybe it'll be fixed closer to air date.  s1 - could you PM me the PW, and I'll try to join the "ol" fashioned way?   

No rules are yet listed, no scoring, but still worth registering your team now, as the grand prize looks to be a trip to Brazil. 

I still have no reply from the last season's prize committee, of who, or if, they awarded the weekly cash prizes..tho' the grand prize and first prize winners names are listed on the fantasy homepage

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 07:10:53 AM »
Hey geo, I'd gladly send you the password but since they changed the format you don't have them anymore.  You just enter a Private Tribe name and then send out the invites with links to the tribe.

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 08:48:57 AM »
New CBS invites have been sent.  Good luck in joining!!!  If you did not receive an invite and would like to join the RFF private tribe at CBS, PM me your CBS username and the email address you used to register your account if you have an existing account or if you don't just send me your email address and I'll send you an invite.

Once again all we ask is that you make your picks every week and try to read our spoiler board.  If you can't make picks occasionally please ask someone to cover for you.

Good luck!!!

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 03:04:04 AM »
Thank you got invite and joined.  So much easier this time.   :hearts:

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 07:52:58 AM »
Nearly all invited have joined.  I think we're only missing 2 invitees at this time.  Maybe CBS has got it together this time!!!

Offline scuzneck

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 01:35:51 PM »
Still not part of the group....Invite may not have gone through...  :duno:

Offline Rorys clan

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 04:07:52 PM »
Skirk is having some issues, I am working with him on his end. Hope to have him in soon.  :duno:
Surviv-a-holic

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2009, 08:13:55 AM »
scuzneck, I'll resend an invite.  Hopefully you get it today and can join.  Let me know.

Rory -  I'll resend skirk an invite also.  Anything wrong I can help with?

For anyone that has never joined a CBS private tribe since they changed the format here is how it is supposed to work.
1. You get an email invite from the person starting the private tribe.  This has to be sent to the email address you used to set up your account at CBS.  If you haven't set up an account yet when the invite comes in you can do so from the link.
2.  Click on the link provided in the email invite.
3.  You should link to a Register page.
4.  Fill in your username and password and update your personal info.  If you don't have an account already when you fill out this form it will register you to the game.
5.  Click submit/enter (whatever term they use).
6.  You should automatically be placed in the tribe.

If anyone else wants to join please let me know ASAP today or it will be after the 14th before I can send out invites again.  I will need you to PM me you email address you used to register at CBS and your username.

Good Luck everyone!!!

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 07:32:03 PM »
Thought . . . if you've tried to join the RFF tribe and you aren't showing in the tribe it may be because only the first 10 to join show on the page.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 04:00:31 AM »
Count me in, my name at cbs is alanleejw. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 04:40:02 PM »
Invite sent, Alan!

I'm helping out s1 while she is off line this week, so y'all let me know if there are any problems!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Rorys clan

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 05:15:06 PM »
 :(
Thought . . . if you've tried to join the RFF tribe and you aren't showing in the tribe it may be because only the first 10 to join show on the page.
Skirk thinks he may be in, but... if this is true how will they  know :duno: is there a master list?
Surviv-a-holic

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 06:30:27 PM »
s1 knows who she sent the invites to, I guess? I am a temporary helper only, lol....
RFF's Golden Rule: